Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1007
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Morning KAD how goes it. That cockpit still freaks me out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:32:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KingAirDriver] [#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mauser1:

View Quote
Lmao!  Good morning, M1!  It's only bad when you have things flashing and chiming, haha.  I'll have plenty of that next week...Recurrent Sim training.  

Also, starting Monday night is when I get to call in every Monday night for the entire month of May to find out if I have Federal jury duty.  

ETA:  At least we get decent views at times, M1!  Mostly just clouds today.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KingAirDriver:
Lmao!  Good morning, M1!  It's only bad when you have things flashing and chiming, haha.  I'll have plenty of that next week...Recurrent Sim training.    

Also, starting Monday night is when I get to call in every Monday night for the entire month of May to find out if I have Federal jury duty.  

http://i.imgur.com/nEUPjcl.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/Gwe6MyL.jpg?1

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Now that's too cool for school there.....Thanks for posting those. I am Jelly.
Jury duty or the possibillity of such sucks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure thing, man.  Will post more pics as I take them!

Yeah, certainly not looking forward to my civic duty.  I got summoned for JD back in October, but it was civil/county.  I was up in one of the chairs getting questioned by lawyers for a couple of days, but ended up not getting selected.

Part of me wants to do it, but the other part doesn't want the headache and hassle.  Not to mention we're pretty short-staffed at work as it is, and now I might be gone quite a bit, another guy took basically the entire month of May off for vacation, another guy will be in training for 2.5-3 weeks, and another guy is off for other reasons.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dpmmn:

You can load PMags with the benchlula

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ontime1969:

Sweet i just went to the website.  You can not load polymer magazines with it.  Thats ok as most large scale operations use metal.

Oh, well there you go, you obviiously know. Nice set up you have there dpmmn, very nice.  So did you buy like a box of magazines?  I would not mind a bulk buy.  I saw some one on here with two big boxes full still in packages.  Maybe they are dealers or neckbeards.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Very cool.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#8]
View All Quotes
Good morning everyone. Hope you all are having a fine day. Need to get to the store sometime today.
Really nice out and maybe a touch more rain this evening. I'm loving it. Have a fine day.

Good morning Mauser,  im about to head to Lowes right now, gate parts and a couple of plants for front yard.  I wish I had a welder, it would make this gate fix a whole lot easier.

Had a friend build me a bullet proof one to keep the Boxer in. Yeah he used a welder to build the frame.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0342_zps95eda1ba.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0344_zpsc24b6f02.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_03412_zps30497c60.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0358_zps57061da1.jpg

He does good work and wasn't bad on price either.

Yup, Arizona fence block, just like mine.  Your gate is nice and beefy

This latch took a beating I guess.  Mine broke the first time I closed it.

I dont have a wielder so im going to grind off the old one and move it up some, then use self tapping screws to secure both new male and female latch pieces to the square tube.  Does that seem right?  What do you guys think?

Edit
I will wire brush the surrounding area and repaint the metal after.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I would take a nice hard piece of wood and push it up into the corner of that frame. slide a nice piece of sheet steel up in there.
Screw it to the wood part of the gate. drill it and mount your latch to it. You could just use the wood also.
Screw it to the back side and mount the latch. If you use the steel though someday when you have use of a welder just tack it all together.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
My wood slats are rotting.  Damn, they need to be replaced.  Its always like this, go to repair something basic and find more bad stuff.

Cheak out this carriage latch I found at a yard sale.  I forgot I had this.

Im not going to use it for this project because it wont allow it to be locked.  I need to be able to secure this gate, when out of town.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#11]
My wood slats are rotting.  Damn, they need to be replaced.  Its always like this, go to repair something basic and find more bad stuff.

Cheak out this carriage latch I found at a yard sale.  I forgot I had this.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/Home%20and%20Garage/20150425_134218.jpg

Im not going to use it for this project because it wont allow it to be locked.  I need to be able to secure this gate, when out of town.
View Quote

OK that's cool.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I would take a nice hard piece of wood and push it up into the corner of that frame. slide a nice piece of sheet steel up in there.
Screw it to the wood part of the gate. drill it and mount your latch to it. You could just use the wood also.
Screw it to the back side and mount the latch. If you use the steel though someday when you have use of a welder just tack it all together.

Just a thought.
View Quote

Maybe I should just go to harbor frieght and get one of those cheap 70 amp stick welders.  I cant be dropping much for anything good right now.  Dang... better save the money and wait until i can get a better one later.

I have to do something,  i would do what you suggested but the wood is not going to hold up at all. New slats?  I moved our big green garbage cans from garage to back yard.  I went from never using this gate to using it 6 to 10 times a week, just like that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Yeah, certainly not looking forward to my civic duty.  I got summoned for JD back in October, but it was civil/county.  I was up in one of the chairs getting questioned by lawyers for a couple of days, but ended up not getting selected.

Part of me wants to do it, but the other part doesn't want the headache and hassle.  Not to mention we're pretty short-staffed at work as it is, and now I might be gone quite a bit, another guy took basically the entire month of May off for vacation, another guy will be in training for 2.5-3 weeks, and another guy is off for other reasons.  
View Quote

Be a good example for your kids, that civic duty is important. I dont mean to give a hard time because i feel you.  it is certainly easier said than done when it comes to that.  I actually would like to do it but loss of income and loss of time is real.  Family and work responsability comes first.  

I just think to my self and I hope I never need it, but a jury of my peers who dont want to be there judging me and deciding my fate is scary.  Im one of the good guys so unlikely i would ever need it, but you never know.  I carry so I cant rule the possibility out.  Its a delimma we all face as Americans.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Maybe I should just go to harbor frieght and get one of those cheap 70 amp stick welders.  I cant be dropping much for anything good right now.  Dang... better save the money and wait until i can get a better one later.

I have to do something,  i would do what you suggested but the wood is not going to hold up at all. New slats?  I moved our big green garbage cans from garage to back yard.  I went from never using this gate to using it 6 to 10 times a week, just like that.
View All Quotes

Just a thought.

Skip the wood and bolt a plate in that corner. Use the self tappers and use like a 6x6 plate. Whatever you have.
2"wide by like 4" long would do it. If you had a short length of that tubing I would run the screws up through it.
Then you will have a flat surface to bolt the latch to.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Skip the wood and bolt a plate in that corner. Use the self tappers and use like a 6x6 plate. Whatever you have.
2"wide by like 4" long would do it. If you had a short length of that tubing I would run the screws up through it.
View All Quotes

Just a thought.

Good idea,  I think thats the ticket.  Thanks Mauser.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Just a thought.

Glad I could help. Just took a little thinkeratin. I do that from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Not working... going to plan B.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:43:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#18]

View All Quotes

Just a thought.

You won't be able to do much with a 70 amp stick welder, the rods you'll be able to burn won't give you sufficient penetration on anything much over 14 ga, 11 ga (1/8") would really be pushing it and only then cranked wide open and constantly stopping to keep the unit from overheating. I would hold out for something better, with a decent 185 you can reliably burn 1/8" 7018 and 5/32" 6011 rods with sufficient duty cycle to keep you working more and waiting less (if at all).
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TerryC:

You won't be able to do much with a 70 amp stick welder, the rods you'll be able to burn won't give you sufficient penetration on anything much over 14 ga, 11 ga (1/8") would really be pushing it and only then cranked wide open and constantly stopping to keep the unit from overheating. I would hold out for something better, with a decent 185 you can reliably burn 1/8" 7018 and 5/32" 6011 rods with sufficient duty cycle to keep you working more and waiting less (if at all).
View All Quotes

Just a thought.

Yea you are totally right.  There is no point in buying a cheap welder.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#20]

View All Quotes

Sweet i just went to the website.  You can not load polymer magazines with it.  Thats ok as most large scale operations use metal.

I just noticed, did you write up the AR15 magazine comparison in the AR15>magazine section?  Very cool
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

The only times I've ever been selected for JD was when I was a Hotshot, in the dead of summer, twice. Couldn't do it.

Now that my work isn't so demanding of course I never get summoned.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:50:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#22]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

The only times I've ever been selected for JD was when I was a Hotshot, in the dead of summer, twice. Couldn't do it.

View All Quotes

Hows the weather up there? Windy and threats of rain down here.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Windy, relatively cold (low 40s all day), and now lots of rain. Classic flagstaff
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Just a thought.

Buy once, cry once.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Windy, relatively cold (low 40s all day), and now lots of rain. Classic flagstaff
View All Quotes

The more rain the better up there. But you didn't need me to tell you that huh,
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

ain't my problem anymore

But seriously, Id like it to warm up out here,I do the 22 mile west fork hike every year and I would like to go now. Nothing like swimming 40° water to lift the spirits. Maybe 2nd week of May at this rate though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#27]
West Fork of Oak creek. Prettiest country in Az.  there's no trail for 18 miles, just boulder hopping and swimming deep pools. The trick is to go in spring, when the water is almost frozen. That means you can take as many elk sheds as u can carry.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#28]
West Fork of Oak creek. Prettiest country in Az.  there's no trail for 18 miles, just boulder hopping and swimming deep pools. The trick is to go in spring, when the water is almost frozen. That means you can take as many elk sheds as u can carry.

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_085022_242_zpsuxjnbxnn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_085022_242_zpsuxjnbxnn.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.comuser/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_134127_286_zpso2jbcnev.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_134127_286_zpso2jbcnev.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_141717_004_zps7xs30gyf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_141717_004_zps7xs30gyf.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_142114_750_zpsfhnbm33q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_142114_750_zpsfhnbm33q.jpg</a>

View Quote

Picture Gold RFT.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Picture Gold RFT.
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_085022_242_zpsuxjnbxnn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_085022_242_zpsuxjnbxnn.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.comuser/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_134127_286_zpso2jbcnev.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_134127_286_zpso2jbcnev.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_141717_004_zps7xs30gyf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_141717_004_zps7xs30gyf.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/dbrad197/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_142114_750_zpsfhnbm33q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/dbrad197/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20130422_142114_750_zpsfhnbm33q.jpg</a>

Picture Gold RFT.

I'll try and grab some.better ones this go round.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Aaaaaand now it's snowing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:01:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#31]

View Quote

Yea oak creek is awsome, i havnt been on the west fork.  I did a mt bike ride down closer to sedona.  Looks awsome, nothing like getting off the trail and bush wacking it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Wat?  In flag?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Wat?  In flag?
View All Quotes

Wat?  In flag?

Yep!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Yep!
View All Quotes

Wat?  In flag?

Yep!

Is the high mountain snow pack already melted off up there?  Im sure it is on the south side but what about the north faceing sides?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Doesn't that mean indoors? OK this is urban can you all step outside so I can plug you.
I am laughing louder than I have in a long time. Not at you but the pictures in my head.
Sorry.
View All Quotes

What kind of pistol class are you taking?  2 days thats nice.  Yea indoor shooting blows.

It's a Urban Tactics class, mostly carbine

Doesn't that mean indoors? OK this is urban can you all step outside so I can plug you.
I am laughing louder than I have in a long time. Not at you but the pictures in my head.
Sorry.

Actually it means city environment, as opposed to rural.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Is the high mountain snow pack already melted off up there?  Im sure it is on the south side but what about the north faceing sides?
View All Quotes

Wat?  In flag?

Yep!

Maybe Bounce knows? Mountain hasn't been visible.since I got here.

Ok just asked my bro and he said there's still a bit of snow on the upper north peaks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Wat?  In flag?

Yep!

Bounce said he has a inch of snow now. Energetic bastard is probably running around naked in it.
I should have went North this weekend. Nice pictures dbrad.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:35:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dpmmn] [#38]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I always get the card to call in a few days before I depart on deployment.  I was told by the clerk not to worry about it, the court understands.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#41]
yay
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Niquorice:
yay
View Quote

Pull up a chair ye scurvy dog. The bar is open.
What'll you have?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:22:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#43]
yay
View Quote

Yay for GA!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#44]
yay
View Quote

Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:50:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#45]
Real war ration books some with stamps still in them. Both my grand parents and my fathers who was two.
You were given a book for each child also. Grains coffee sugar rubber all of it. Now you all can say you've seen a full set.
Gramps never threw anything out. Your fuel ration is the one in the upper left.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:54:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Real war ration books some with stamps still in them. Both my grand parents and my fathers who was two.
You were given a book for each child also. Grains coffee sugar rubber all of it. Now you all can say you've seen a full set.
Gramps never threw anything out. Your fuel ration is the one in the upper left.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/IMG_0564.jpg
View Quote

My gramdmother had those too, she showed them to me when I was a kid. I dont know what happend to them.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:54:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#47]
Whats up OT69. Raining hard out there. Last ones standing.
Always willing to share.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:58:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#48]
View Quote

Oh yea sprinkles here but its supposed to be getting heavy.  

Hanging strong.  Sa/oU style.  

Do you think this is a good deal?  It seems like it to me.  I just found a review in the mag section.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/dh-5-56-30rd-aluminum-mag.html
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:05:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Do you think this is a good deal?  It seems like it to me.  I just found a review in the mag section.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/dh-5-56-30rd-aluminum-mag.html
View All Quotes

Hell yeah they aren't going to get much cheaper. Lots of people hung on P mags. I like the old school aluminum.
I do own both though. I might  snag some at that price.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:09:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Hell yeah they aren't going to get much cheaper. Lots of people hung on P mags. I like the old school aluminum.
View All Quotes

Old school is best, I got pmags too of course. No issues with either.  Metal feels good in hand.
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top