BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1007
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ontime1969:
Oh man sorry to hear that, its not a good way to start the day.  I guess the guy you knew was driving the mustang?  Hang in there, I will send paryers to the family.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By KingAirDriver:

Ugh.  Just got some bad news.  

A friend (former coworker) was killed in an accident this morning.  I wasn't real close to him, but he was a great guy, so intelligent and awesome at his job.  Too early to tell with the accident, but looks like it was stupid, stupid choices.  

That makes TWO guys from my last job, in the same program, we've lost in the last few months.  The other guy took his life, and was also a well-loved individual.  Ugh.  Funerals suck.  

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/one-dead-three-hurt-in-accident-vehicle-fire/32452902

Oh man sorry to hear that, its not a good way to start the day.  I guess the guy you knew was driving the mustang?  Hang in there, I will send paryers to the family.
Yep, Mustang driver.  IIRC, I think he and his kids were pretty big into racing, but not sure what type.  Such a shame.  Appreciate the prayers!

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
good morning!  and another full page to read up on...

today I get contact lenses and a 7mm mag rifle:  savage 116 with an E---Lite Tasco rubber armored scope!

I hope to see you all later.  get it? see?  

saou

g
View Quote

Go get them tiger. Oh man I was up way too late last night.
Went to the teener thread and everyone went to bed or ran away.
I think I kilt it. Only person who would post with me was OT69.
The rest ran like rabbits. So much for that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Ugh.  Just got some bad news.  

A friend (former coworker) was killed in an accident this morning.  I wasn't real close to him, but he was a great guy, so intelligent and awesome at his job.  Too early to tell with the accident, but looks like it was stupid, stupid choices.  

That makes TWO guys from my last job, in the same program, we've lost in the last few months.  The other guy took his life, and was also a well-loved individual.  Ugh.  Funerals suck.  

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/one-dead-three-hurt-in-accident-vehicle-fire/32452902

View Quote

That sucks, sorry to hear about that. Thrill seeking is one thing. Thinking how it will affect others seems to get missed.
My condolences to all involved.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:36:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KingAirDriver] [#8]

Originally Posted By Mauser1:

View All Quotes

today I get contact lenses and a 7mm mag rifle:  savage 116 with an E---Lite Tasco rubber armored scope!

saou

g

Lol, oh man, it's like we have Internet Aids or something!  lol    Definitely laughing WITH you, not at ya, lmao!

ETA:  Thanks again, everyone, for the condolences.  Still waiting to see how everything develops.  Evidently the accident was yesterday rather than today as I'd originally thought.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Whats up Eagle, Looks like everyone else went to bed. You must be heading for breakfast here in a few hours.
Right? You think I did OK. I really dropped a bunch getting that Ruger right. I am digging the rifle though.
Cabelas says my in store pickup is on the 22nd. Lets see if they can deliver on that.
View Quote

Sorry our connection went down.  Pulled into Souda Bay for the day and the mountains around there blocked our signal.  Beautiful place.

Yep I think you done pretty good.

Don't have a Big C within about 100 miles so I'm having mine delivered to the house.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Good morning, everyone!  Hope everybody slept well last night.

Ohio, just got done reading through the last page or so.  Have to say it, coolest dad ever!  Nice job bringing your kids up like that.  Our kids are still pretty young: son will be 9 in a couple weeks and daughter turned 6 in December.  I bought my son one of those little Red Ryder BB guns a couple of years ago, but ugh, the poor kid's just little! It wasn't until just recently that he was able to fit to the gun properly.  He's a pretty good shot when we get out and use it though!

Kitties, yeah, you want to get out of the way of that puck for sure.  I took a fairly soft shot off the inner thigh last night and got a decent bruise from that.    Haha, almost forgot, I shot a friggin' laser beam last night at the net.  There were a bunch of guys in front of the net providing a good screen and wow, I connected with the puck and that bullet darn near took the nuts off my own teammate, lol!  He jumped with his legs split like a ballet dancer and the shot went right off his shaft (of his stick you pervs).  Good times, but yeah, never take your eye off the puck at a game, either on the ice or in the stands!!  
View Quote

Sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol, ouch!  Sounds like Captain Obvious was your teacher.    

Guy on my team broke his Tib & Fib in a game this Fall.  Stupid, dumb luck, too!  He and a player from the other team (115# girl, lol) were pinned against the boards with the puck between their skates.  Whistle blew and the separated.  Our guy turned to go back for the face off, only his skate didn't turn with him- his body weight collapsed on the leg while rotating with the foot locked in one place.  Yeah, that was bad.  We gave him so much crap for getting whooped on by a girl, lol, even though she had nothing to do with it.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

Ohio, just got done reading through the last page or so.  Have to say it, coolest dad ever!  Nice job bringing your kids up like that.  Our kids are still pretty young: son will be 9 in a couple weeks and daughter turned 6 in December.  I bought my son one of those little Red Ryder BB guns a couple of years ago, but ugh, the poor kid's just little! It wasn't until just recently that he was able to fit to the gun properly.  He's a pretty good shot when we get out and use it though!

Kitties, yeah, you want to get out of the way of that puck for sure.  I took a fairly soft shot off the inner thigh last night and got a decent bruise from that.    Haha, almost forgot, I shot a friggin' laser beam last night at the net.  There were a bunch of guys in front of the net providing a good screen and wow, I connected with the puck and that bullet darn near took the nuts off my own teammate, lol!  He jumped with his legs split like a ballet dancer and the shot went right off his shaft (of his stick you pervs).  Good times, but yeah, never take your eye off the puck at a game, either on the ice or in the stands!!

I was playing floor hockey in high school, I was a ok goalie. I kept my eye on the puck, as someone slap shot the ball from about 12 feet away. I had no time to react,  and took it straight in the eye socket. I drop like a sack of shit, holding me eye. PE teacher comes running up and goes "Oh shit,is it your eye!?!?!

No bitch, I just like rolling around on the ground, clutching my eye.
Lol, ouch!  Sounds like Captain Obvious was your teacher.    

Guy on my team broke his Tib & Fib in a game this Fall.  Stupid, dumb luck, too!  He and a player from the other team (115# girl, lol) were pinned against the boards with the puck between their skates.  Whistle blew and the separated.  Our guy turned to go back for the face off, only his skate didn't turn with him- his body weight collapsed on the leg while rotating with the foot locked in one place.  Yeah, that was bad.  We gave him so much crap for getting whooped on by a girl, lol, even though she had nothing to do with it.  

Did it snap, or spiral fracture?
That would suck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Cool, Eaglet turned 6 in Feb.

I was at a hockey game one time, Biloxi playing Pensacola, there were a couple errant slap shots that rang off the wall up near the nose bleed seats.  They got there in a hurry too, sounded like a cannon when they hit the wall.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol, oh man, it's like we have Internet Aids or something!  lol    Definitely laughing WITH you, not at ya, lmao!  

ETA:  Thanks again, everyone, for the condolences.  Still waiting to see how everything develops.  Evidently the accident was yesterday rather than today as I'd originally thought.
View All Quotes

saou

g

Prayers out for your friend KAD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
How is everyones evening going?  I went for a good mt bike ride today.  I am rusty and my allergies are just causing all sorts of havoc.  The PaloVerda pollen is ruthless.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bounce19712] [#15]
good.  things are good.

ya'll?

wearing contacts for the first time...not too shabby.

here's a pic I took with ipotato in dec'13

another:

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#16]
How is everyones evening going?  I went for a good mt bike ride today.  I am rusty and my allergies are just causing all sorts of havoc.  The PaloVerda pollen is ruthless.
View Quote

It's even kicking my dogs ass. Doing ok here, looking for dogs for my nephew and there 2 I want. GF is being a punk and won't let me.

Gonna try to sell it as "it will be special CUz it will be OUR dog"
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#17]
good.  things are good.

ya'll?

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/1490686_10201822700021727_1760862547_o.jpg

another:

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1537447_10201823985373860_7494960_o.jpg
View Quote

Where is that?  Looks good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#18]

It's even kicking my dogs ass. Doing ok here, looking for dogs for my nephew and there 2 I want. GF is being a punk and won't let me.

View All Quotes

I never gets easier, my wife refuses to chase the dogs off the bed.  Because of that, they roll in the pollen and stickers and everything else.  Then jump on the most comfy bed in house and transfer it to the bed.  Its super irritating.  Cactus spines on the bed blow big time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
good.  things are good.

ya'll?

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/1490686_10201822700021727_1760862547_o.jpg

another:

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1537447_10201823985373860_7494960_o.jpg

Navajo Canyon Lake Powell
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#20]
good.  things are good.

ya'll?

another:

View Quote

Absolutely beautiful. Stunning photos.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
I have a couple hundred suture kits stored around the house.
View Quote

I have some wound staplers.  

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By uxb:

Here's my big bore...

http://www.fototime.com/4305160CB9ACE93/medium800.jpg

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

View All Quotes

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

That, sir, is glorious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
good.  things are good.

ya'll?

another:

Sweet.  Looks like some good fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#24]
good.  things are good.

ya'll?

another:

View Quote

I love my iPotato camera, here is a photo I took last September:

Sunset with the statue of The Resurrection of Christ. San Acacio Mission, San Luis, Colorado.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:33:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#25]

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

View All Quotes

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

Yea thats nice.

Edit
I was just reading about that gun on box of truth.  The cartridges are huge.  So do you shoot the 510 or 485 grain bullet... or other.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

Congrats on the contacts!

Been wearing them for so long now I don't remember what it was like to not have them.  Still remember the day I go them though, at age 15.  Nothing was ever the same after that for this extremely near-sighted girl.
View All Quotes
good.  things are good.

ya'll?

another:

Congrats on the contacts!

Been wearing them for so long now I don't remember what it was like to not have them.  Still remember the day I go them though, at age 15.  Nothing was ever the same after that for this extremely near-sighted girl.

I remember as well.  Omg that green stuff on the mountains up there are trees!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

View All Quotes

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

Beautiful rifle and I forgot to mention it before. You raise good kids.
Mentoring seems to be your gift. Along with Ohio. The both of you are assets to the site and the world.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#31]

That, sir, is glorious.
View All Quotes

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

That, sir, is glorious.

Indeed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#33]

He has gone to bed, and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know this.  Hopefully he will be back on tomorrow and can answer. I am interested also.

They are really big cartridges, as compared to anything else I've ever shot, short of .50 cal.
View All Quotes

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

Yea thats nice.

Edit
I was just reading about that gun on box of truth.  The cartridges are huge.  So do you shoot the 510 or 485 grain bullet... or other.

He has gone to bed, and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know this.  Hopefully he will be back on tomorrow and can answer. I am interested also.

They are really big cartridges, as compared to anything else I've ever shot, short of .50 cal.

Dad has a box of .45-70 485grain rounds for his .45-90 Govt. Winchester.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#36]

You are an asset as well, Mauser.

I have to say, after reading through the trainwreck of a "more men are not getting married" thread, People like you and the guys in this thread are the reason I'm able to hang on the forum at all.  

That thread...Wow. Just...wow.

One of the girls in the thread said something to the equivalent of, "This forum is why *I* would never get married again. It's taught me about what kind of men are really lurking out there. I'd be afraid I'd land with a guy like the ones in this thread."

Not all, of course.  But it's really kind of frightening how they feel about anything female.

Then I come over to this thread...and there are others on the forum like this one...that are the direct opposite.

It renews my faith in the human race.

Thank you all for making a girl welcome.
View All Quotes

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

Mentoring seems to be your gift. Along with Ohio. The both of you are assets to the site and the world.

I have to say, after reading through the trainwreck of a "more men are not getting married" thread, People like you and the guys in this thread are the reason I'm able to hang on the forum at all.  

One of the girls in the thread said something to the equivalent of, "This forum is why *I* would never get married again. It's taught me about what kind of men are really lurking out there. I'd be afraid I'd land with a guy like the ones in this thread."

Not all, of course.  But it's really kind of frightening how they feel about anything female.

Then I come over to this thread...and there are others on the forum like this one...that are the direct opposite.

Thank you Ma'am, seems the days of acting like a gentleman have gone by for some.
I don't think it's as bad as it reads. Looks to be more of a competition as to who can be the oldest person to act like he is 16.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

Those guys are idiots. My parents divorced and it totally sucked.  I was not going to do that if i could help it.  When I was ready to hunker down, I picked the right one and she picked me.  Marrying her was the best thing I ever did.  She is my best friend, wife and everything in between.  I could not imagine life with out her.  I know I am lucky, and it does not work out for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Thank you Ma'am, seems the days of acting like a gentleman have gone by for some.
I don't think it's as bad as it reads. Looks to be more of a competition as to who can be the oldest person to act like he is 16.  

View All Quotes

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

Gotta be me.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#41]
For anyone who might try a little long range big bore shooting. Don't forget the H&R handi rifle.
$340 or so and can be fitted with really long range sights. Before you break out the big bucks for a Sharps.
That kind of shooting is really fun though. Now I am all hung up on long range big bore shooting.
Who started this, some trouble causer I bet.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:14:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#42]

Speaking of ammo..

When he ordered that rifle, we were young and so dirt poor we should have never even considered such a purchase.  AT the time, you placed the order, paid, *I think* about a $50 deposit, and settled in to wait 5 years for the thing to get built.  When it was finished, they'd send you a letter saying you owed a lot of money and it was time to pay the balance.

So....we paid the $50, which, at that time, was a lot of money to us.  

He was waiting to get paid in a couple of weeks, to send in the $50 check to get the rifle in the queue.  

So for Christmas that year, I mailed in his order form (it already was filled out with what he wanted) with a check.  That was his present.  But I wanted to have something under the tree...so I splurged on a box of .45-70 ammo.  The damn thing was just a few rounds and cost $20 for the box.  I wrapped it with a copy of the check and the order form, and that was all he got that year.  

Yup, that was a long time ago, and I don't ever want to be that poor again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

Here's my big bore...

.45-70 Shiloh Sharps.

Yea thats nice.

Edit

Dad has a box of .45-70 485grain rounds for his .45-90 Govt. Winchester.

Speaking of ammo..

When he ordered that rifle, we were young and so dirt poor we should have never even considered such a purchase.  AT the time, you placed the order, paid, *I think* about a $50 deposit, and settled in to wait 5 years for the thing to get built.  When it was finished, they'd send you a letter saying you owed a lot of money and it was time to pay the balance.

So....we paid the $50, which, at that time, was a lot of money to us.  

He was waiting to get paid in a couple of weeks, to send in the $50 check to get the rifle in the queue.  

So for Christmas that year, I mailed in his order form (it already was filled out with what he wanted) with a check.  That was his present.  But I wanted to have something under the tree...so I splurged on a box of .45-70 ammo.  The damn thing was just a few rounds and cost $20 for the box.  I wrapped it with a copy of the check and the order form, and that was all he got that year.  

Yup, that was a long time ago, and I don't ever want to be that poor again.

Yea but you wouldnt have had that cool bonding moment and now cool story if you hadnt been poor.  Thats the good stuff that makes you know that you can get through hard times, and can count on each other when stuff is not optimum.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrad197] [#43]
For anyone who might try a little long range big bore shooting. Don't forget the H&R handi rifle.
$340 or so and can be fitted with really long range sights. Before you break out the big bucks for a Sharps.
That kind of shooting is really fun though. Now I am all hung up on long range big bore shooting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_7WftlMgY
View Quote

I want it. Now.

Eta: now my GF wants one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#46]

The power of the big bore gun.  Now you see it.

Flash some NVGs in front of her...or some tritium.

just sayin.
View All Quotes

I want it. Now.

just sayin.

She loves the heavy hitters, she ends up with more trigger time then me when the larger calibers come out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#48]

She loves the heavy hitters, she ends up with more trigger time then me when the larger calibers come out.
View All Quotes

I want it. Now.

just sayin.

Well thats a cheak mark for the "shes a keeper" column.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:54:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Im going to bed early tonight, legs are feeling the bike ride from today.  Need to work that 2 months of rust off.  Have a great eve amd nigjy everyone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:40:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Sounds like the two of you are a good couple.
View All Quotes

I want it. Now.

just sayin.

Sounds like the two of you are a good couple.

Yeah she's not bad for a Hawaiian chick that had never held a gun before I met her When she finishes up her masters and I figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up we will have to make things a little more official.
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top