Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1007
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

God broken ribs suck. Hope they didn't give you a rib belt? Those are bad news, if they did don't use ithaha just the sort of thing you expect from a doc. "Eat healthier"

"Hey hey what are doing, too healthy!"  careful with those electrolyte imbalances, they can be scary stuff. Never quite saw life as so fragile til I saw someone drop dead from hyperK.

Sorry about your ribs, hang in there and make sure you keep taking nice big breaths sometimes, gotta keep those lungs inflated even though it hurts!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
The same day dbrad had his misfortune I had one of my own. Been taking a lot of diuretics and had to hop out of bed to take a wiz.
Just finishing up felt light headed and put my hand on the sink and then out went the lights.
Must have fallen hard on my ribs rolled off and landed on the floor. Dr said I probably cracked a couple of ribs.
BP was 90 over 55 so he said I got up too fast and pressure fell off. Passed out. Get this I have been eating healthier and he said I was salt deficient.
Eat salty food was his recommendation. Twenty pain pills and see you in two weeks. So that's how I found my barrel.

Coughing really sucks right now though. Oh and might have bruised a lung. PITA getting in and out of bed but I should sleep well tonight.

God broken ribs suck. Hope they didn't give you a rib belt? Those are bad news, if they did don't use ithaha just the sort of thing you expect from a doc. "Eat healthier"

"Hey hey what are doing, too healthy!"  careful with those electrolyte imbalances, they can be scary stuff. Never quite saw life as so fragile til I saw someone drop dead from hyperK.

Sorry about your ribs, hang in there and make sure you keep taking nice big breaths sometimes, gotta keep those lungs inflated even though it hurts!

And cough!  I know of a couple of people I knew that died from not coughing due to broken ribs.
Hug a pillow and really let it go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:31:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sir. Your five minuets for roughing was over quite a while ago.
That was really disturbing. Wasn't going to say anything. Now I am glad I did.
Must have flailed around a bit. Lots of stuff was on the floor. I thought I was doing so well too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Doctor said I have congestion in my right lung. Not a lot he told me the same thing try and cough it up.
I was like are you kidding that crap goes beyond hurt. But I guess all three of you are right.
Right now I have been going as shallow with the coughs as I could. I would like to get that stuff up though.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Hope your doing better dbrad. You take it easy. Hope the headache has passed.

Ohio that still makes me smile that your going to try and get out more this spring and summer.
Total moral booster there. Maybe shoot some of those fine milserps you have.
Found a good deal on one of the Swiss straight pull rifles. Don't know a lot about those but they say they are accurate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Doctor said I have congestion in my right lung. Not a lot he told me the same thing try and cough it up.
I was like are you kidding that crap goes beyond hurt. But I guess all three of you are right.
Right now I have been going as shallow with the coughs as I could. I would like to get that stuff up though.

View Quote

I am quite experienced in lung issues.

You need to get some guaifenesin. Walmart has generic tabs or you can get it in Primatene tablets, or Mucinex. Take as directed.
When you want to cough, get a pillow and hug it to your body, using your elbows to anchor it to your sides. Lean forward a little to open the airway.  If you can, do it lying down.

Cough from the diaphragm, not your intercostal (rib) muscles.  If you have ever taken public speaking or singing lessons you will understand. Short, sharp coughs, not shallow long coughs like you are now.  If you can get your paws on some albuterol inhaler it will help too.
The shallow cough uses your intercostals, which actually is worse than a deep diaphragm cough with cracked ribs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Ohio that still makes me smile that your going to try and get out more this spring and summer.
Found a good deal on one of the Swiss straight pull rifles. Don't know a lot about those but they say they are accurate.
View Quote

They are great. I have one; my sons love it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:36:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

View All Quotes

Looks very well made. What do you think 275$ too high? It was in the shop I got that barrel from.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Looks very well made. What do you think 275$ too high? It was in the shop I got that barrel from.
View All Quotes

If the bore is sharp that's a decent price.
It is a unique weapon.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#9]
top of the morning,  Friday... 3/27.... 327...327 COBRA!

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Good morning Sa/oU

Dang M1 be carful, you need an insentive sprometer.  I 2nd ohio with the hug a pillow.  Im a resp thrapist and had a few broken ribs my self and they suck big time.  Keep an eye on your temperature also, you dont want to get any pneumonia.  

That barrel sounds good for 100 bucks, seems like a good deal.  I would like to get a threaded barrel for my M&P 45, but then I will have to get a can.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:

http://cdn.silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1965-Shelby-Cobra-289-2.jpg
View Quote

Yea thats nice,  sweet for a car older than me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Good morning all. Hope your having a fine day. Low 90's for a high already.

Yeah I tend to breathe kind of shallow now. Filling lungs completely hurts like hell.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Good morning all. Hope your having a fine day. Low 90's for a high already.

Yeah I tend to breathe kind of shallow now. Filling lungs completely hurts like hell.
View Quote

Rx cough syrup for the win.  tussionx.   either old age or altitude has given me coughs up here..worst coughs I've ever had.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Off to check on some AR15 parts then hit the food store.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#15]
here's a picture of my toes.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice Bounce!

M1 what the hell are we going to do with you?  I'd start a collection to get you a nurse but you'd probably have her corrupted in no time.  I hope you heal up quick bud.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#19]
So far so good just ran the gunshop circuit for some AR parts and such. Talked to some old friends.
You should see how well that new barrel fits. Just wish it had a thread protector. Can't decide, I was going to get a can for the 22's.
But I have the CZ SP-01 in 9mm that went in the shop yesterday. Now a threaded barrel on the Glock 19. So I don't know what to get first.
A 9mm suppressor or my first SBR. Everyone has a AR pistol and the short AK's tend to be harsh. Hmmm.
Bounces Fal is nice. See how that Glock looks now.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#20]

What are all those things above  your toes?  Needs moar shoes/boots.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#21]
So far so good just ran the gunshop circuit for some AR parts and such. Talked to some old friends.
You should see how well that new barrel fits. Just wish it had a thread protector. Can't decide, I was going to get a can for the 22's.
But I have the CZ SP-01 in 9mm that went in the shop yesterday. Now a threaded barrel on the Glock 19. So I don't know what to get first.
A 9mm suppressor or my first SBR. Everyone has a AR pistol and the short AK's tend to be harsh. Hmmm.
Bounces Fal is nice. See how that Glock looks now.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0983_zps2ac4fuya.jpg
View Quote

Is there more to the story here......
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#22]
Oh I also picked up something I've been waiting on for a while. I still need the folding stock and have more mags on order.
I guess it's time I had a SBR. I'm leaning more twards a 9mm can too.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:21:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh I also picked up something I've been waiting on for a while. I still need the folding stock and have more mags on order.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0985_zps11xyqqqa.jpg
View Quote

Nice M1, I've had my eye on that Skorpion since they were announced.  You can get a thread protector from LoneWolf for about $15.

Sorry to hear about your ribs, I know the feels, and they sux.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:07:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#25]
I've been a big CZ fan for years. As soon as I saw it I got on every waiting list I could.  
Sadly my Sp-01 went in the shop yesterday. I kind of saw it two ways. If it's a smoking pile I will tell you but it will be the new SPAS.
I don't think value will fall much. If it works well like I think it will. Prices my go far above msrp for quite a while. Paid 100$ above msrp.
850$ but a bird in the hand kind of thing. Plus I have a ton of 9mm I could burn up. I Mauser1 with sound mind and broken ribs.
Do leave this here toy to whomever finds it. It is a good gun and killt the DR that killt me. Lord hope it be a Sa/oU member.

Yours truly, Mauser1
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:54:47 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Very nice car.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:16:29 AM EDT
[#27]
As Hooligan said. I am so damn tired of close calls and bad luck I am tired of hearing myself.
Only shared this last one because it was late at night and pain meds make me chatty.
Dr said eat more salt but try and keep the carbs limited. On69 said complimentary things about the peppers.
So while shopping under the influence, The neighbor took me to the store by the way. I'll just have to take his word for it.
High sodium and low carb. I bought a jar of these. Now I am saying what was I thinking. Hope your right 69. That they taste good.

Why do I think that may not have been the only spill I'm going to take in there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Pigs feet.  M1 you're a braver man than I am and us southern boys will eat damn near anything.

And I seem to remember you saying something about reducing your inventory?  I think you may need a dictionary there bud!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#29]
As Hooligan said. I am so damn tired of close calls and bad luck I am tired of hearing myself.
Only shared this last one because it was late at night and pain meds make me chatty.
Dr said eat more salt but try and keep the carbs limited. On69 said complimentary things about the peppers.
So while shopping under the influence, The neighbor took me to the store by the way. I'll just have to take his word for it.
High sodium and low carb. I bought a jar of these. Now I am saying what was I thinking. Hope your right 69. That they taste good.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/k2-_2a5be96b-9074-4506-8ab8-95a57f427754.v1_zpsykyrbpfb.jpg

Why do I think that may not have been the only spill I'm going to take in there.
View Quote

Oh hell yea, you are going to like them.  I need to find some my self.  My wife wont touch them, but maybe I can get my daughter to eat some.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#30]

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0985_zps11xyqqqa.jpg
View Quote

Dang M1 nice.

So Mauser are you selling any k98's?  Im guessing you are getting rid of fudd guns and buying all new battle style.  I would dig having a folding stock sbr type.  No offence to anyone but I have never liked AKs because I have always associated them with American killers, but I have seen so mice looking folding stock AKs.  What are some other cool looking folding stock rifles?  I wish I could find a cheap semi auto, old M3 they are cool in an historical way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By hooligan223:
Pigs feet.  M1 you're a braver man than I am and us southern boys will eat damn near anything.

And I seem to remember you saying something about reducing your inventory?  I think you may need a dictionary there bud!
View Quote

On average I've sold two before I buy one. But it didn't matter on this last one. I had waited so long it had to be mine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Good morning everyone, off to soccer and then errends.  I will be cheaking in on and off.  Its supposed to be 93 today.  Are we going to have a spring?  Im starting to wonder.  Have a good day everyone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been a big CZ fan for years. As soon as I saw it I got on every waiting list I could.  
Sadly my Sp-01 went in the shop yesterday. I kind of saw it two ways. If it's a smoking pile I will tell you but it will be the new SPAS.
I don't think value will fall much. If it works well like I think it will. Prices my go far above msrp for quite a while. Paid 100$ above msrp.
850$ but a bird in the hand kind of thing. Plus I have a ton of 9mm I could burn up. I Mauser1 with sound mind and broken ribs.
Do leave this here toy to whomever finds it. It is a good gun and killt the DR that killt me. Lord hope it be a Sa/oU member.

Yours truly, Mauser1
View Quote

Oh pick me pick me.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Sup Eagle. Shame you don't live in AZ, we would be heading out to the range today.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I woke up this morning and te thread was gone!

WHo unsubscribed me overnight?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

The walrus?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:26:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#37]
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:

The walrus?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:

The walrus?

No Ambien here, but it could have been I hit the wrong button in a fairly inebriated state.
But I doubt it.  

Probably that M1 guy. First he ignores me, then tries to get me off the thread.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Mine has done that a few times.  I think its the layout on my mobile device.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Sup Eagle. Shame you don't live in AZ, we would be heading out to the range today.
View Quote

Well the desert over here aint that much different I guess.  Sounds like fun.

Waited 3 hours for the hotel to deliver a bucket of ice, so I could get my drank on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ontime1969:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ontime1969:

I've done it a few times in various threads.  The unsubscribe button is right below the Next page button.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I have returned..

camped out at hunting unit, deployed the stealth jungle hammock, tested new hiking boots and sleeping pad.  tired...tv time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:36:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#42]
Need prayers if your so inclined brothers, Terry back in the hospital with bleeding issues.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bounce19712] [#43]
prayers out!

I hope the best for ya T!  concentrated positive waves
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Got here day before gmail accounts were stopped
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By McEggins:
View Quote

First post, eh?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Prayers out for Terry. They seem to be getting closer and closer together.
I am pulling for you buddy. One day at a time. Just another day then another.
Just try and keep those spirits up, OK.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By McEggins:
View Quote

Hope your day is going well. Nice to meet you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrad197] [#48]
Just had a hell of a range trip with Mauser1. I can affirm to every one that the CZ they are lusting over is as bad ass as it looks. Got to shoot alot of cool toys today, and confirm my edc Sig was stI'll good to go. Great day.

Eta:Mauser is one hell of good guy
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Just had a hell of a range trip with Mauser1. I can affirm to every one that the CZ they are lusting over is as bad ass as it looks. Got to shoot alot of cool toys today, and confirm my edc Sig was stI'll good to go. Great day.

View Quote

That was a ton of fun. dbrad took his show on the road for a while. Nice to meet you.
Every bit as sociable in person as he is here. You shoot well and proved it. A true sign of a good time is if you take longer than planned.

Hung out and shot the bull for a hour or so afterward. I did forget to thank him for his service though.
All we were missing was beer and a grill.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#50]

That was a ton of fun. dbrad took his show on the road for a while. Nice to meet you.
Every bit as sociable in person as he is here. You shoot well and proved it. A true sign of a good time is if you take longer than planned.

Hung out and shot the bull for a hour or so afterward. I did forget to thank him for his service though.
View All Quotes

We both put up some decent groups today. If we BBQ at my house on the right night we may get a free live mariachi concert from the neighbors
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top