BCM
User Panel

Page / 1007
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

Congrats.

M1 I think that is called Thai (as in the country) chilli.  My Grandmother had one when I was a kid.  Funny story about that to share later.   A friend of mine has a Thai wife and she has about six pepper trees (yes trees they are about 8 ft tall) look very similar to what you described.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ontime1969:
Good morning Sa/oU folks.  Today is my wife's  and my anniversery.  14 years of marrage and 21 years togeather.  Seems like just yesterday.

Congrats.

M1 I think that is called Thai (as in the country) chilli.  My Grandmother had one when I was a kid.  Funny story about that to share later.   A friend of mine has a Thai wife and she has about six pepper trees (yes trees they are about 8 ft tall) look very similar to what you described.

Showing my qualification for this thread again.
As soon as I get them loaded I'll post my new stabby / pointy thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bounce19712] [#2]
stabby pointies are cool.

con grats on the anniversary !
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:59:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#3]
D2 tool steel. Great wear resistance and darn close to stainless. Not too big and not too small for the outdoors.
Been a while since I had a decent fixed blade knife. Should work well. Not to defend me or skin anything mind you.
It's most usage will be when I run into the most common thing you find in the forest. Lunch or dinner.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By hooligan223:
Congrats!
View Quote

Originally Posted By Mauser1:
The secret to a long marriage is having a short memory. Just kidding congratulations.
View Quote

Congrats.

View Quote

Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
View Quote

Thanks everyone, she has climbed just about every mountain I have taken her up, mt biked every trail I have lead her down, showed more determination and toughness than most of the pro snowboarders I rode with.  I feel super lucky that she has put up with my dumb ass all these years and I love her more every year.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks everyone, she has climbed just about every mountain I have taken her up, mt biked every trail I have lead her down, showed more determination and toughness than most of the pro snowboarders I rode with.  I feel super lucky that she has put up with my dumb ass all these years and I love her more every year.
View All Quotes
Congrats!

The secret to a long marriage is having a short memory. Just kidding congratulations.

Congrats.

I'd like to add my Congrats too!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

View Quote

Thanks dbrad, how are you feeling?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Still having a rough time. Body pain seems to be easing up some, migraine is still with me. Slowed my work down pretty noticeably, and feel tired as hell.  But I'm making it to work everyday, and feel myself slowly bouncing back. Thanks for asking buddy, hope you and the lady had a great day!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Still having a rough time. Body pain seems to be easing up some, migraine is still with me. Slowed my work down pretty noticeably, and feel tired as hell.  But I'm making it to work everyday, and feel myself slowly bouncing back. Thanks for asking buddy, hope you and the lady had a great day!
View All Quotes

Hope you get to feeling better. Hopefully they take it easy on you for a while.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#9]
that wheel gun has some cylinder ring on it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

I know your a rough and tumble kind of person. But I do have to ask. Don't you have a workman's comp claim and with the lingering effects of this incident.
Will that put you at risk of further or another injury? Your doctor should maybe recommended a light duty requirement. NOT trying to be pushy in any way.
But I have a ton of stuff that nags me today because I rushed back and really never gave it the care it needed. Take it from someone that has been there.
Take care of yourself now and you won't be lamenting what should have been done years before.

If I am off base please tell me so. But if they could legally work you to death they would. You are your own best advocate.
That headache is most troubling. Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#11]
that wheel gun has some cylinder ring on it.
View Quote

You bet no safe queens here. I shoot my stuff. The CZ went in for a comp hammer with the trigger job.
Internal polishing with new lighter springs.Extended firing pin for reliability.
Lube and inspection. Should be one bad mamma jamma in six weeks or so. Price a bit less than 250$

Until then my home defense weapon is the new Sig 220st.  Stepping down to 45acp.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:33:38 AM EDT
[#12]

I know your a rough and tumble kind of person. But I do have to ask. Don't you have a workman's comp claim and with the lingering effects of this incident.
Will that put you at risk of further or another injury? Your doctor should maybe recommended a light duty requirement. NOT trying to be pushy in any way.
But I have a ton of stuff that nags me today because I rushed back and really never gave it the care it needed. Take it from someone that has been there.
Take care of yourself now and you won't be lamenting what should have been done years before.

If I am off base please tell me so. But if they could legally work you to death they would. You are your own best advocate.
View All Quotes

Not off base at all, appreciate the thought and input. And yes the incident is workmens comp, the doc kind of left it to me to call my work pace. I told him I was ok for full duty, after talking to my boss and him letting me know I could as much or as little as I wanted while I'm working. I could never lift a tool til I felt better and he would be cool with it, he likes having my troubleshooting mind out there with the younger guys doing quality assurance type stuff and working out problems with superintendents and what not. Not doing much labor at the moment.

If I needed to I could tell the boss I need time, and he would give it to me. Doc at concentra said to just call if I need to be written off to official light duty or no work. It's kind of the that judgement call that I've never been real great at making, since I prefer to be out working.

Think the smart thing to do is arrange an appt with a primary care doc and get his input, someone that will spend a bit more time with me and look not only at the shock injury, but at the last rough 10 years of my life for potential complications. If I don't see big results soon, I will have to make that happen.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:34:51 AM EDT
[#13]
My wonderful wife and I will hit 28 years married this July.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:39:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#14]

View All Quotes
Congrats!

Congrats.

Sounds like you got a good one there...  Is she able to compliment her other half to her frinds!?

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:05:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#15]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
View Quote

Congratulations my friend. Not many contemplate how hard or easy it can be to stay together so long.
Looking forward to posting this for your 50th.

Edit for I did see your post after I took you off ignore. Just because no one had done it before.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Congrats to you and the missus Ohio.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Good morning you two. DP the box factory, thats kind of funny there.

And a good morning to all Sa/oU.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Congratulations on all the long lasting marriages!

Got my second Anderson lower yesterday. Rattle canned it OD.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Good for you. .I was going to pick some up just to keep in the safe.
At these prices why not. They don't spoil.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Exactly. This one will end up as a A2 or A4 cloneish.  Still working on my wife's lightweight build.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm looking for an upper since I traded my A2 for a datsun 280z.  

good morning!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:

Exactly. This one will end up as a A2 or A4 cloneish.  Still working on my wife's lightweight build.
View All Quotes

Have a place around here that sells them with cmmg lower parts kit installed for like 105$ would save a bit of work.
On that light weight build I wish I knew. I had a Colt pencil barrel with a A1 upper with gas tube and front sight base I got rid of.
Now I think Bushmaster makes the thinnest profile around.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Have a place around here that sells them with cmmg lower parts kit installed for like 105$ would save a bit of work.
On that light weight build I wish I knew. I had a Colt pencil barrel with a A1 upper with gas tube and front sight base I got rid of.
View All Quotes

It'll be a couple months before I can justify an upper. Looking at bushy and dpms, both have pencil barrel uppers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#25]

It'll be a couple months before I can justify an upper. Looking at bushy and dpms, both have pencil barrel uppers.
View All Quotes

I bought it at the gunshow for 175$ and would have passed it to a friend and war vet cheaper than I bought it.
THAT is what hurts. I will keep my eyes open.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh and JC, haven't forgotten. Good luck on that quitting smoking. I hear that's a hard road.
Sticking with it I hope.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Stupid...check
Unpopular...double check.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh and JC, haven't forgotten. Good luck on that quitting smoking. I hear that's a hard road.
Sticking with it I hope.
View Quote

Yes sir.  Although I'm not quitting nicotine.

I had to give up drinking in 2011, I'll be damned if I give up my last vice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Nice Ohio.  Congrats buddy
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

Sounds like you got a good one there...  Is she able to compliment her other half to her friends!?

Congratulations!
View Quote

Well I don't let her have friends she does not have that option.

Haha just kidding, yea all her friends like me.  I can not say I like all of them.  About 2 years ago one of her good friends got a divorce.  We were shocked because husband was cool as heck,  it was weird and like an infection 2 more in that little group decided they would get divorced.  I swear the original person talked them into it so she wouldn't be miserable alone.  Well now out of the 3, one is back with husband and two are full on drunks and struggling just to function normally, and kids are now with fathers.  Very sad.

My wife as far as I know never considered it, she actually called it when she said they were making mistakes.  We are both the products of divorced parents we know the other side, and we did not get married right away, we were very certain.  She does call me a dumb ass often so maybe I should worry... haha.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Morning everyone.  My sleeping is all crazy again.  Damn insomnia.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#32]
Originally Posted By dpmmn:
good morning, anthoer day at the box factory
View Quote

Good morning to you too sir

Little boxes, little boxes, all the same.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Congratulations my friend. Not many contemplate how hard or easy it can be to stay together so long.

Edit for I did see your post after I took you off ignore. Just because no one had done it before.

View All Quotes

I feel fulfilled....
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Thanks!
And the rest of you, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By R_Fury:
Stupid...check
View Quote

Hide me, the Robit found me.

How ya doing Fury?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm looking for an upper since I traded my A2 for a datsun 280z.  

good morning!
View Quote

I've got a Colt A2 upper sitting in a box, was gonna do an A1 clone, but it wouldn't look right on an A2 upper.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Stupid...check
View Quote

Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Stupid...check
View Quote

I've seen you before but it was in that what do you know about the poster above you. And well I don't know crap about you.
Beings your a robot and here at lunch. May I suggest the special, a Hoagie full of wood screws with a glass of CLP on the side.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#39]

I've seen you before but it was in that what do you know about the poster above you. And well I don't know crap about you.
Beings your a robot and here at lunch. May I suggest the special, a Hoagie full of wood screws with a glass of CLP on the side.
View All Quotes
Stupid...check

It is "you're", stupid.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:53:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southernvol68] [#40]
Can someone direct me to the night Johnny Reno took over GD thread?

Is that stupid enough?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:06:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#41]
Originally Posted By southernvol68:

Is that stupid enough?
View Quote

Hummm... dont know him, but I lived in Reno, its so close to hell you can see Sparks.

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By southernvol68:

Is that stupid enough?
View Quote

Have to like the new faces. Stay a while.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody do anything interesting today. I had something that was a bit of a downer come out better than I thought.
But If everyone is in the sack I'll wait. Oh and thanks Ohio, I know I is tarded. Back on ignore for you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Anybody do anything interesting today. I had something that was a bit of a downer come out better than I thought.
But If everyone is in the sack I'll wait. Oh and thanks Ohio, I know I is tarded. Back on ignore for you.
View Quote

Dammit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Nothing interesting for me today, but I'm lurking for a few more minutes....
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I spent 30 minutes cleaning the inside of a transmission case with brake cleaner.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#47]
On the way back from the doctor ran by a gun store I have seen plenty of times but never went into.
Little grimy and and kind of a hodge podge of stuff. I look through the top of the case and see something.
My Glock 19 is compensated. I thought I might pick up a non ported barrel just to have it.
The owner said it was a special order that the person never came back for.
So I picked up a spare barrel for a Glock 19 extended length with threads for 100$ out the door.
Gunsmith fitted it all I need is a thread protector. I didn't think that was too bad. he had money tied up in it for months and was glad to sell it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#48]
The same day dbrad had his misfortune I had one of my own. Been taking a lot of diuretics and had to hop out of bed to take a wiz.
Just finishing up felt light headed and put my hand on the sink and then out went the lights.
Must have fallen hard on my ribs rolled off and landed on the floor. Dr said I probably cracked a couple of ribs.
BP was 90 over 55 so he said I got up too fast and pressure fell off. Passed out. Get this I have been eating healthier and he said I was salt deficient.
Eat salty food was his recommendation. Twenty pain pills and see you in two weeks. So that's how I found my barrel.

Coughing really sucks right now though. Oh and might have bruised a lung. PITA getting in and out of bed but I should sleep well tonight.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:21:19 AM EDT
[#49]
The same day dbrad had his misfortune I had one of my own. Been taking a lot of diuretics and had to hop out of bed to take a wiz.
Just finishing up felt light headed and put my hand on the sink and then out went the lights.
Must have fallen hard on my ribs rolled off and landed on the floor. Dr said I probably cracked a couple of ribs.
BP was 90 over 55 so he said I got up too fast and pressure fell off. Passed out. Get this I have been eating healthier and he said I was salt deficient.
Eat salty food was his recommendation. Twenty pain pills and see you in two weeks. So that's how I found my barrel.

Coughing really sucks right now though. Oh and might have bruised a lung. PITA getting in and out of bed but I should sleep well tonight.
View Quote

If I wasn't blocked you would see me telling you how sorry I am you went through this.
That sucks, man.

Orthostatic hypotension is no joke.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

God broken ribs suck. Hope they didn't give you a rib belt? Those are bad news, if they did don't use ithaha just the sort of thing you expect from a doc. "Eat healthier"

"Hey hey what are doing, too healthy!"  careful with those electrolyte imbalances, they can be scary stuff. Never quite saw life as so fragile til I saw someone drop dead from hyperK.

Sorry about your ribs, hang in there and make sure you keep taking nice big breaths sometimes, gotta keep those lungs inflated even though it hurts!
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top