Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

Yes you should.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TerryC:
Headed to the range later. Can't decide whether to FUDD or OPERATE.

Need more coffee to get the mental gears workin' . . .

http://www.fototime.com/%7B7D9D8BE7-1EC0-4B5C-8F47-214573262205%7D/origpict/now%2526then083114.jpg

Maybe I should, um, GET BOTH?!?

Yes you should.

It's only both if you mount they bayo on the bolt action with green 100 mph tape.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
And you have 1 too many scope rings holding the scope!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Hellbent_4:
And you have 1 too many scope rings holding the scope!
View Quote

Yeah, but it helps when I use it as a carry handle . . .

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a pleasant afternoon/early evening @ Old Orchard Beach.  Ate a couple clam cakes, took a couple pics.

Light rain, little dreary but pretty much kept away the holiday tourist crowd.

Watching Nascar race, heading to bed early, on deck tomorrow new ink and/or range trip.  M1 loaded another 12 mags for MissB last night.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#5]
Don't let M1 drown up there, you know he's not used to being around all that water.  

Have a great night and a fantastic Labor Day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hellbent_4] [#6]
Hit the water today . . . quite literally!
Was riding one of these:

and following one of these about 200 yards behind. (They make sum big wakey wakey!)

and having a grand old time when I launched off the wake at a bad angle and hit in the trough at an equal and opposite bad angle.
TL;DR - water be hard.
The landing was no big but the 30 yard swim in 2-3 foot waves back to the boat reminded how out of shape I am.

Other than that, a good time was had by all.

ETA:
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:48:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dpmmn] [#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hellbent_4:

The landing was no big but the 30 yard swim in 2-3 foot waves back to the boat reminded how out of shape I am.
View Quote

I can only imagine.  Send the Coast Guard!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:12:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#10]
Happy Labor Day Sa/oU!!!

Went out for a yummy breakfast this morning, trip to Cabela's & lastly visit to my ink artist.

Get ready, here it comes, bear in mind I'm a girl......

Star Trek marathon is playing on SyFy, kicking back & cooking some Fenway Franks on the grill & chill for the night.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
Happy Labor Day Sa/oU!!!

Went out for a yummy breakfast this morning, trip to Cabela's & lastly visit to my ink artist.

Get ready, here it comes, bear in mind I'm a girl......
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/photo166_zpsf386051f.jpg

Star Trek marathon is playing on SyFy, kicking back & cooking some Fenway Franks on the grill & chill for the night.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Hello Sa/oU  hope you all are doing well. If I eat any more seafood.  I am going to throw up. [  Humidity sucks but this is a Beautiful place.
Went right to work loading mags. If any of you turn MissB onto and more of those 40 round Pmags.
I will come over and.... Really having fun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:50:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#13]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
Hello Sa/oU  hope you all are doing well. If I eat any more seafood.  I am going to throw up. [  Humidity sucks but this is a Beautiful place.
Went right to work loading mags. If any of you turn MissB onto and more of those 40 round Pmags.
View Quote

Do you even LULA bro?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:08:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#14]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

Do you even LULA bro?
View All Quotes

Do you even LULA bro?

This!

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Good morning Sa/oU, about to enjoy Pizza Hut meat lovers pizza for breakfast then formulate a plan for M1's last day in   here in Maine.

PLEASE don't rain on my mag parade, very rarely have a man in my home; males have beautiful, strong calloused hands & the whole mag loading process is mesmerizing.  Don't recall where I procured the 40 round mags, only have a couple.  M1 doesn't think he got them fully loaded, toooo tight @ the end, oh-well.  Besides, I upgraded his accommodations from the couch to my mothers newly renovated bedroom, lol..  Poor UltraB same thing happens when he visits, molest him 1st thing for hugs & love along with a glass of scotch with ice surrounded by box of ammo & empty mags.  It's official, MissB is a shitty host

Hugs from here friends, off to get dressed, load up a cooler with soda & head out for yet another Maine adventure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#17]
Long but real nice day.  Started out @ the range, didn't get new build sighted in as lacked an appropriate scope tool.  M1 stuck a sticker on where to aim for bulls eye, worked for me.  Such fun & did pretty well.  MissB's shots.

M1 having fun.

His shots are way more tight together.

1st time ever shooting a Star Model S ran 2 mags through it, almost orgasmic & tons of room for improvement; can be shooting dead on with this with very little training.

Did a little more tourist stuff & drove M1 to Portland Headlight @ Fort Williams.

Ended the tour with quiet dinner overlooking the marsh.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn, that looks like a great way to spend a day.  You two certainly deserve it.  

My day on the other hand was insane at work and then as I'm leaving I get a panicked call from Mrs. H that her car died in the middle of the busiest intersection in town.  She had ran out of gas.    I borrow a gas can from a coworker and get her going again.  If she hadn't had our son with her I would have shown up, handed her an empty can and made her do the walk of shame to the gas station.  But being the good husband I took care of her and only sent her the following text as she pulls away:  "Master's degree my ass."

I told her that the lesson for the day was that when you drive a vehicle that gets 16 mpg that you can't drive 80 miles after the low fuel warning comes on.  I bet she won't even get below 1/2 tank for the next six months.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Looks like a good time! Would love to take a trip through there some time. Be nice to see something besides flat farm land and water.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#22]

I didn't know M1 played guitar!
View All Quotes

I hope he's not flying through Charlotte with a long layover on his way home.  I'll have to watch my back.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Mega unpopular checking in.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DigDug:
View Quote

Welcome.  It's all good.  We'll look past your high post count, long-lived join date and lifer status.  Afterall, it's not a popularity contest here.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I am back in the saddle again after a long day of flying. Pretty tough leaving MissB and the great state of Maine.

Yuk it up yous guys. That might be my Halloween costume this year. Nice one Hooligan. Buy the way I thought you being washed out to sea and MissB pulling your soggy bottom out of the surf was just a story. But I guess not. Stopped by your place on the dock.

My OH SH_T travel moment. Standing in line at the Portland airport TSA security check in. Running through my pockets gathering my stuff for a quick dump into the bowl. keys, wallet, phone, change and in my left front pocket one round of 5.56 ammo!!!! . HOLY SH_t I really need a garbage can! The person behind was willing to save my spot while I went on fast retreat. All the way back to where you first step in line and in it went. Whew!
I somehow don't think that would have went over well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#28]
What can I say?  I'm famous.  And to think people said I was only a legend in my own mind.

Sorry I couldn't resist the Jerry Garcia jab.  All in good fun my friend.  I'm glad you two had a good time and that you didn't get molested by TSA over a live round.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#29]
What can I say?  I'm famous.  And to think people said I was only a legend in my own mind.

Sorry I couldn't resist the Jerry Garcia jab.  All in good fun my friend.  I'm glad you two had a good time and that you didn't get molested by TSA over a live round.  

View Quote

I thought it was funny as hell too. No worry.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Long Labor Day weekend was nice but back to reality & work.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Hey! I liked that game . . . oh, wait . . .

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#33]
TGIF Sa/oU friends!

Quiet day in the grind, atty is home for the day.  

BIG hugs from here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Hi everyone!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Berettastarlight:
Hi everyone!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Berettastarlight:
Hi everyone!
View Quote

Hello!

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:10:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Well after having a little time to take it all in. I have to say Maine is one of the most beautiful states I have ever been to.
MissB is one of the best hostesses and tour guides you will ever find. She knows that state like the back of her hand.
Living in a semi rural place that is so peaceful. Thank you for loaning me a bed and running me around. Lets see some stuff.

Dinner on a boat and this is the view we had to struggle with.

A lobster boat coming in the background and a second light house too.

The winding trail that you take as seen from her porch. She doesn't know it but she is a rich lady.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#39]
If I ever get back there I am bringing tools. She needs a couple of things done.
First get the riding mower that's been down for a few years up and running. Very simple design with a easy to work on Briggs and Stratton.
Second I would be changing belts and hoses, draining and replacing fluids on this hidden little gem.

66 Impala with no rust I can see. I would also run her recyclables into town too.

That mower was frustrating a good half day on it and she wouldn't have to push a mower across that huge yard.
It's old and thats good. Solid steel and not all coverd in plastic panels. Built more like a peice of farm equipment.
Just dead simple and functional. Not the newer disposable variety. The front yard, the cables are for dog runs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Holy shit M1, grateful you didn't get down cellar or pics of that would show up as well.  When the fuck did you get to poking around in the garage?  It's a real mess, I hardly ever venture into that pit unless it's to get out the lawn mower.  Poor Verti, she is suffering from severe lack of attention the past 15 years.  Have owned her since 1986, she is part of my youth that I just can't let go of for some unknown reason. Took 3 other Impala's to make the 1 plus lot of hands on back-breaking work.  Someday will get the courage to send her off with a new owner that will love & cherish her for the gem that she born to be.  Don't often get company, it was indeed my pleasure to show you around Maine & payback your hospitality when I traveled to AZ.

It's way tooooooooooo hot & muggy to go do anything outside without melting.  

Relief is insight with a "long & strong" cold front that will arrive late this afternoon.

Last day of having the house to myself before my mother moves in tomorrow. SyFy is having a Star Trek double feature so trudging around watching Final Frontier & Voyage Home in-between laundry, cleaning & last minute organizing.  Nascar race tonight, enjoying this beautiful Saturday just me & the pups.  Have 2 extra sets of paws running around, dog-sitting for the ex why he moves this weekend.

TGIF for you Ohio.

Hugs from here Sa/oU, have a wonderful day!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Shit, MissB, if I hadn't already learned my lesson on classic car ownership, I'd have a flatbed tow truck and a briefcase with the appropriate amount of non-sequential serialed $100s on its way to Maine
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:
Shit, MissB, if I hadn't already learned my lesson on classic car ownership, I'd have a flatbed tow truck and a briefcase with the appropriate amount of non-sequential serialed $100s on its way to Maine
View Quote

Very nice car. Hidden away safe and sound.

In Pepsi blue.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

Very nice car. Hidden away safe and sound.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0373_zps3b9af0e2.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0375_zpsa9db242d.jpg

In Pepsi blue.

I'm not going to lie, I'd put whatever the 2014 equivalent to an Alpine is in that sucka and roll with Death Row everywhere I went.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Even the range was beautiful. Kind of disturbed one of the locals though.

Got this one with the bolt back but case not extracted yet. You can see the puff of gas on the right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#46]
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0431_zpsbd37e6da.jpg

Got this one with the bolt back but case not extracted yet. You can see the puff of gas on the right.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0460_zps39465096.jpg
View Quote

Call me what you will, but I think it is awesome a classy broad like MissB has a pimp AR like that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Call me what you will, but I think it is awesome a classy broad like MissB has a pimp AR like that.
View All Quotes
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0431_zpsbd37e6da.jpg

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0460_zps39465096.jpg

Somehow I think she will be most flattered by that statement. I can't call you anything but a friend.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, shit.
I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend.

Mine could use some work.  My wife has strep, my boy is being kept by my parents to limit his exposure, I'm starting to get a sore throat.  But, the worst part of today?

I haven't played Diablo 3 in ages, now that I realllllllly want to, I have to download a 10 GB patch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Ouch depending on your speed that might take a while.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Ouch depending on your speed that might take a while.
View Quote

Doing about 1 mb a sec right now.
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top