Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1007
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:54:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#1]
It's a beautiful Sunday here in my quiet corner Sa/oU friends!
Have 5 smokes to my name, defcon 1 getting ready to bolt out the door for a relaxing ride in the mountains of No. Conway to avoid running out of my preferred nicotine delivery system.
Will catch up in a few hours once errands & chores done.  In the meantime, hugs from here!!!

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
It's a beautiful Sunday here in my quiet corner Sa/oU friends!

Have 5 smokes to my name, defcon 1 getting ready to bolt out the door for a relaxing ride in the mountains of No. Conway to avoid running out of my preferred nicotine delivery system.

Will catch up in a few hours once errands & chores done.  In the meantime, hugs from here!!!

<a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/happy/cloud-nine-smiley-emoticon.gif</a>  
View Quote

Be safe MissB....
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Morning

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By VRMN8R:
Morning

View Quote

Good morning to everyone. Seen you around. Never had a chance to say, Hello
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:25:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#7]
Should have checked in earlier . . .

Hellbent, for some reason I was thinking this was an Allen, but I checked and it's an Uncle Mikes.
It's been very good for an inexpensive soft case.

33" size. It would hold the BM carbine with the original 16" barrel, but fits better now that the barrel is 14.5" w/p&w extended A2.

Three mag pockets (rifle length has five), one of which usually holds the sling instead. Big front pouch holds a pretty comprehensive cleaning kit, the light, extra earplugs, and the dust cover for the mag in the magwell (chamber always empty when cased), with room left for the bayonet if I want to pack it along.
Carbine will fit unscoped with a 20 or 30 round mag inserted, but scoped is a little too tall with a 30.
If it was a flattop instead of an A2, this would probably not be an issue, but the carry handle mount sits a little higher.
I'm pretty much an iron sight guy anyway.

Standard guitar cases are longer, my HT Strat case is 40" overall. Maybe too short for a 20" rifle, but any carbine should fit. Problem is the interior is made to fit a guitar and will need some modification for a firearm. Some cases are better suited for this than others, but mine are all form-fitted to a specific guitar. With the Martin, it's loosened up a bit now but when it was new you had to gently push the guitar body down into the molded insert.

A gig bag would be an alternative. Gig bags are soft cases. Mostly used for electrics, but there are acoustic gig bags (I don't trust them, acoustics need more protection).
A gig bag is more or less guitar shaped and will often have a logo on the outside (this one is a Fender), but will carry pretty much anything that you can fit in there . . .

ETA: There are guitar-shaped hard cases made specifically for the discreet carry of firearms, but they aren't cheap.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By milkman110:

I'm back. Is this still the safe haven I thought it was before? Or is it just a secret arfcom cool guy hideout? Anyways I'm pretty certain I'm on everyone's ignore list so I'm back with my tail between my legs.
View Quote

Nope, my ignore list is empty, welcome MM.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#9]

IDK I think it's mainly cuz I like women's beautiful sexy feet. Fuck em

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm kind of a dick/freak I guess

Like your avatar, extremely unique, never had a problem with any of your posts. We all have something that sends us into kumbaya heaven, mine is sensual kisses that are like sunshine & whisky!   Had a bf many years ago that loved painted female toes. Your in luck, MissB has girls feet. Isn't it a ARFcom tradition that feet be included in a gun pic? Give me a few days will slip into some high heels & PM you a pic, anything for a fellow ARF friend. <disclaimer: #1 kindly take appropriate precautions & permission as MissB means NO disrespect to your SO. #2 please do NOT reciprocate with pics of your junk, ty.>

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#10]
As always real NICE to see you Hellbent. Love the new Allen bag, fits 6 mags plus other little tucked away compartments, very affordable.  Don't have any for my pistols, thought never occurred until saw 1 that MrsM posted.  Have always carried them around in the cases they came with @ time of purchase.

This girl is beat, early to bed early tonight; busy week ahead, need to be stocked up on rest.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By VRMN8R:

Morning

View Quote

Good to see you Vern!!!!

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Like your avatar, extremely unique, never had a problem with any of your posts. We all have something that sends us into kumbaya heaven, mine is sensual kisses that are like sunshine & whisky!   Had a bf many years ago that loved painted female toes. Your in luck, MissB has girls feet. Isn't it a ARFcom tradition that feet be included in a gun pic? Give me a few days will slip into some high heels & PM you a pic, anything for a fellow ARF friend. <disclaimer: #1 kindly take appropriate precautions & permission as MissB means NO disrespect to your SO. #2 please do NOT reciprocate with pics of your junk, ty.>

View Quote

Not that I think Milkman would do that but it's a shame you have to say it because sure as shit as you didn't somebody would.

Your feet are very well kept, BTW.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hellbent_4] [#13]
Terry, that Uncle Mike's looks like the LE Tactical bag. Not bad for 20-30 bucks.
Should fit a 28" flat top pistol with a red dot no problem.
Saw a dulcimer case that would work too.

ETA: back to work tomorrow

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#14]
If MissB gets board a few flash games for her to try.
link
Another
One more
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:02:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I know none of you really know me, or care; but I am in agony from my bad leg and my cold I got from somewhere.
Prayers and consideration would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#17]
You got it. Prayers and positive thought heading your way. I had a giant knot show up on my left leg last night.
Will be heading to urgent care later this morning. Went from Walnut to baseball overnight.  I hope you get to feeling better my friend.

If they offered it I would upgrade your membership to healthy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
I know none of you really know me, or care; but I am in agony from my bad leg and my cold I got from somewhere.
View Quote

Done.

I've had my share of sickness and pain this summer so I can sympathize.  Summer colds are the worst.  Get better soon.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Ohio, I do care, already wished you well on FB but will reiterate again your in my prayers precious one!!!!

Ginormous healing hugs from far away, please fell better real soon.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Mauser1:

You got it. Prayers and positive thought heading your way. I had a giant knot show up on my left leg last night.

Will be heading to urgent care later this morning.
Went from Walnut to baseball overnight.  I hope you get to feeling better my friend.

View Quote

What the fuck is up with Sa/oU!! Goodness gracious Sly's back is acting up, Ohio is in tremendous pain & now M1 has a knot, oh my!!  

Before I sleep tonight will be down on my knees in prayer that you all feel relief from pain & heal soon.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Good Night
View Quote

Hope you slept well handsome, Happy Monday!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Target, hope you escaped CA & didn't get caught up in the earthquake? (not sure what area of Cali you resided in)  Crossing my fingers your on a trek to Oregon with rest of the family.
Pjoo also have high hopes that your move went well this weekend?
Monday, Monday with not so great news on the thread.  I woke up on the right side of the dirt this morning, was on the road @ the crack of ass.  Making up time @ work for long weekend over Labor Day.  In the meantime, don't give a hoot about usual trivial bs; worried about my friends.  Take it slow & easy until life improves & brings the promise of better days soon. Love you guys!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the well wishes MissB.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Back! Have a abscess on my leg. Have several very sharp knives that with one dip in rubbing alcohol and and a swab on my leg could have relieved the pain.
DR says I should wait till I see a white head then pay them to pop it. Till then it is heavy Antibiotics and pain meds with a hot wet towl.  If that doesn't work.

Self surgery will be initiated.... The pressure is bad. Terry's hatred or hospitals is about the same as mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Back! Have a abscess on my leg. Have several very sharp knives that with one dip in rubbing alcohol and and a swab on my leg could have relieved the pain.
DR says I should wait till I see a white head then pay them to pop it. Till then it is heavy Antibiotics and pain meds with a hot wet towl.  If that doesn't work.

Self surgery will be initiated.... The pressure is bad. Terry's hatred or hospitals is about the same as mine.
View Quote

My daughter ended up with the same after a fireant bite a few weeks back.  Hot compresses and soaking in a hot bath will help move things along.  Glad it wasn't worse.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#26]
In on page 154
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:51:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#27]

Originally Posted By ch3no2:

In on page 154

View Quote

So glad you made it safe & sound, all smooth sailing from here!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ch3no2:
In on page 154
View Quote

Nice to see you. Always liked the avatar.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:01:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#29]
Thank you JC for the mag link!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank you JC for the mag link!

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/photo161_zpsfb04e5f7.jpg
View Quote

Np, I just noticed a mention of the sale in gd a while back.

At 3 am.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I need to get to bed.

Just checking in.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By golfroot:
I need to get to bed.

Just checking in.  
View Quote

You can sleep when you're dead, hooah?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Will be heading to urgent care later this morning. Went from Walnut to baseball overnight.  I hope you get to feeling better my friend.

View Quote

Thanks, buddy. Hope the leg is nothing serious.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Ohio, I do care, already wished you well on FB but will reiterate again your in my prayers precious one!!!!

Ginormous healing hugs from far away, please fell better real soon. <a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/hug/hugs.gif</a>

View All Quotes

Ginormous healing hugs from far away, please fell better real soon. <a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/hug/hugs.gif</a>

Thanks honey. Better today!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I have had to do this, but a much smaller abscess.
Hate those things; sorry to hear about.

I'd help if you were local.  X-Acto knives made decent scalpels.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
DR says I should wait till I see a white head then pay them to pop it. Till then it is heavy Antibiotics and pain meds with a hot wet towel.  If that doesn't work.

That's a good idea there. May go find that thing. Just in case. I exaggerated it's more golf ball size but still hurts like he-l.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:08:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Goodnight all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Ohio, Okenefenokee mojo sent here and via FB.

M1, too bad I'm not there, I have scalpels, large syringes, the works.
May even be able to round up a bone saw, if necessary.

E-hugs for my e-wife . . .

And welcome or welcome back to the new faces.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By golfroot:

I need to get to bed.

Just checking in.  
View Quote

Hope you slept well, new day is upon us; have a GREAT 1!

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:44:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#40]

Hello Sa/oU caught sunshine chasing away the morning mist from the lake on way to work.

Busy day at the office then hooking up with a friend for dinner before heading home.

Thanks for the hug Terry, Lord knows can use all I can get these days.  Good to hear your feeling better Ohio!  M1 goodness, NO self surgery, hope your knot is improved today?  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I'm kind of a dick/freak I guess

Oh good grief I'm waiting impatiently

Special request though...you can leave out the heels. I prefer women's feet naked...they're at their most beautiful that way

And I promise no junk pics in return lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Prayers for you
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Waterfall my daughter and I hiked to on Sunday.  It doesn't get much traffic and the trails were awful so I couldn't get further up to get a better view while she was with me but there's almost twice as much to it as what you can see in the pic.

I've hiked there several times in the past and it's a strange place.  When you get to the top it is dead flat for 200-300 yards.  It's very odd topography and I've never been anywhere like it before.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#44]
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/photo3_zps070159ab.jpg
Hello Sa/oU caught sunshine chasing away the morning mist from the lake on way to work.

Busy day at the office then hooking up with a friend for dinner before heading home.

Thanks for the hug Terry, Lord knows can use all I can get these days.  Good to hear your feeling better Ohio!  M1 goodness, NO self surgery, hope your knot is improved today?    
View Quote

Beautiful MissB.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:56:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Prayers for you
View All Quotes

Prayers for you

Thanks, bro.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:35:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#46]
Happy Hump Day, Sa/oU peoples . . .

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#47]
My little man spent last night in the hospital.  He'd been sneezing and coughing for the past couple days, but yesterday when I went to get him from my folks, he was struggling to breath. Got him to urgent care, where he was given two breathing treatments, and they got him set up at the hospital over concerns of how his breathing would be overnight.   Got another treatment at the hospital, sounds a lot better today. He and his mama are napping while we wait for discharge. Thank goodness for Tricare, otherwise this would bankrupt us.

I was genuinely more scared for him yesterday than I've ever been scared in my life.  I'm kinda the "rub dirt in it" type of father,  so even though I know he needed the help yesterday, finding out it was just a common cold that hit him hard as hell makes me feel a little silly that he's in the hospital.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#48]
GOOD to hear little man is on the mend JC!  They can be so fragile at his young age, can't take the chance with such a beautiful soul, better safe than sorry.

Sensing potential health issues with your own flesh n blood can bring even a hardened Army man like yourself to his knees in a split second.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:
My little man spent last night in the hospital.  He'd been sneezing and coughing for the past couple days, but yesterday when I went to get him from my folks, he was struggling to breath. Got him to urgent care, where he was given two breathing treatments, and they got him set up at the hospital over concerns of how his breathing would be overnight.   Got another treatment at the hospital, sounds a lot better today. He and his mama are napping while we wait for discharge. Thank goodness for Tricare, otherwise this would bankrupt us.

I was genuinely more scared for him yesterday than I've ever been scared in my life.  I'm kinda the "rub dirt in it" type of father,  so even though I know he needed the help yesterday, finding out it was just a common cold that hit him hard as hell makes me feel a little silly that he's in the hospital.
View Quote

Don't feel silly about that.  The exact same thing caused my son to have to be intubated and flown to the regional children's hospital when he was a year old.  If we had gotten him to the ER 15 mintues later he probably wouldn't be here today.  Sometimes being slow to act is the worst thing you can do.

Glad he's doing better.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:

View Quote

Never a need to feel silly when it comes to our kids.
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top