Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

That's great advice.  And obviously is gleaned through years of watching the stupid ones come and go.  

HR where I worked before was not interested in hearing anything about management doing anything wrong.  I probably could have gotten a lawyer but it just wasn't worth it.

Even my direct supervisor was overheard saying, "I hope Kitties doesn't decide to go get a lawyer because this is bullshit and we would be in a world of hurt."

HR there was in the business of making it so difficult to file any kind of formal complaint, and making it so hard on you if you did, that it basically made their jobs easy.  They were worthless.
View Quote

Co-worker's wife just went through something similar, she worked for a pretty large company.

They settled out of court SO FAST that it seems like treating people poorly and paying out settlements Is part of their business plan.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]

That's terrific!

Do you have to comply with the "no discrimination based on race, religion, age, etc?"

I understand that you're NOT doing that, or so it seems.  Because you are choosing to only allow US Citizens or those with .gov approval to live in your facility.  That takes care of a lot of it, and the credit checks and evictions will take care of a lot.

I'm just wondering whether your state follows that non-discrimination policy.  I thought it was federal law, but perhaps it's not.  That's why I'm interested. I hear from landlords around here that it's godawful because you get in so much trouble if they think you're discriminating, and then once they're in, it's hell to get them out.
View Quote
We're not low income housing or assisted living. If they want either or, then we can lawfully turn them away. We can provide handholds for the bathtubs if asked, but that is it.

There is no discrimination at all, unless you're being shady and your background sends up all sorts of red flags.

Due to us being private property, we get to have the final say based on the above that is entirely legal, and can choose to not renew the leases. We cannot evict unless they've passed on, or cannot pay the rent at all.

And since we're on the topic, I chose to not renew the lease for a tenant today. His mother called up with hell-fire but I will not back away. The wife's Edge was in the shop and she was using my Escape. The way one of my tenants park, which was this person, makes it really difficult for my wife to use the car and seat the kids. I usually park in the back, so he's never seen it. Anyways, since he didn't recognize the car he went and bent my passenger mirror and broke it off the mount. I've got the footage. It was deliberate and he tried saying it was an accident. I had him in the office and showed the footage and said this can go a few ways. Either I call the police and they do what they will do plus insurances exchanged and afterwards I will evict you for breaking the lease...or you pay for the damages in full and start looking for new places to live and I am not renewing your lease, plus your parking spot will ne moved to where mine was and I take yours which by the way, is also on the lease.

In all regards I so wanted to throat punch the fat F and go back to work while listening to him struggling for air, but chose the adult thing to do because it's the right choice.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

Yeah, AZ needs a southern AND western wall.

Glad you have the say to be able to deny her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:
Off topic, but one of my tenants asked if she could bring in some refugees. I've got three bearded vets, combat vets, and a Korean War vet waiting to pay rent and their eyes went from jovial to red in an instant. I told her no. She asked why, I said it's simple facts. The crime rate would increase and we offer a safe living environment. There is not enough parking. We would lose tenants and judging by the reactions if you look behind you, it would happen fast and this is a business, not a refugee outreach shelter. My office and the owner plus the whole state of AZ does not recognize sharia law and in fact, it is a state law. Two of my tenants have contested this and lost at the county and town level for trying to force me into allowing it in the complex. I can go further in depth as to why not and lately due to President Trump's EO on the ban, we've caught an ISIS leader trying to infiltrate. The owner,the state, the POTUS, and myself will not allow it, period. Have a good day and thank you for paying rent on time.

She left with snowflake anger. I still do not have one F to give. FYI, she's a CA migrant if that helps

Yeah, AZ needs a southern AND western wall.

Glad you have the say to be able to deny her.

You got that right
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]

That's great advice.  And obviously is gleaned through years of watching the stupid ones come and go.  

HR where I worked before was not interested in hearing anything about management doing anything wrong.  I probably could have gotten a lawyer but it just wasn't worth it.

Even my direct supervisor was overheard saying, "I hope Kitties doesn't decide to go get a lawyer because this is bullshit and we would be in a world of hurt."

HR there was in the business of making it so difficult to file any kind of formal complaint, and making it so hard on you if you did, that it basically made their jobs easy.  They were worthless.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohio:

Don't feel this is all for nought; there is a paper in his file now, and suspicion in peoples' minds.
Many strokes, though with a little axe, hew down and fell the hardest-timber’d oak. – William Shakespeare

I have been a supervisor  since 1990. To see all the stupid acts by management I have seen would take your breath away.
Only the ignorance of the workers has kept those fools out of jail. And kept the place open.  I have stories that would set your hair on end.

We have had a complete management change in the last 16 months.  Oh my word. Not just a breath of fresh air, but a whole new fucking world view.
We no longer, as official policy, try to fuck over the workers.  Management actually offers opportunities for the lowest of the low employees to gripe to them one on one.

I talked to the previous worker's comp lady. She told me she was hired to say "No". No matter what the situation, she would deny and appeal. For years, hoping the employees would die or give up.

The current one says her job is to find out "How do we make this employee whole?"  

I LOVE my new management.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#8]

I have been a supervisor  since 1990. To see all the stupid acts by management I have seen would take your breath away.
Only the ignorance of the workers has kept those fools out of jail. And kept the place open.  I have stories that would set your hair on end.

We have had a complete management change in the last 16 months.  Oh my word. Not just a breath of fresh air, but a whole new fucking world view.
We no longer, as official policy, try to fuck over the workers.  Management actually offers opportunities for the lowest of the low employees to gripe to them one on one.

I talked to the previous worker's comp lady. She told me she was hired to say "No". No matter what the situation, she would deny and appeal. For years, hoping the employees would die or give up.

The current one says her job is to find out "How do we make this employee whole?"  

I LOVE my new management.
View Quote

So what prompted the change in management? Did people just trickle out aND get replaced by quality folks, or was it a purposeful restructuring?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I really crawled under some peoples skin by pushing this issue this week. Pissed off people who I figured I really shouldn't piss off. Someone even threatened my job.

I was just told a conversation took place yesterday and I will be receiving a 15% raise for my performance in California.

So. Fucking. Confused.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I really crawled under some peoples skin by pushing this issue this week. Pissed off people who I figured I really shouldn't piss off. Someone even threatened my job.

I was just told a conversation took place yesterday and I will be receiving a 15% raise for my performance in California.

So. Fucking. Confused.
View Quote
Challenge of employment accepted?

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#13]
So I just found a way to "hack" the Magpul 700 external magazine fed magwell by using an AICS magazine in .223/5.56. Found one, and it was $40.00...so I ordered it
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#15]

So what prompted the change in management? Did people just trickle out aND get replaced by quality folks, or was it a purposeful restructuring?
View Quote

The old regime hit retirement age, and the parent corp deeply desired change. The new president had a vision, the old one did not.

ETA:
The previous president's vision for the future was "Keep the place going long enough for me to retire".
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Challenge of employment accepted?

View Quote

Apparently.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#17]

A few of them understand that YOU can work anywhere, but there is not a line of YOU waiting outside to replace the you they have now.  There is a line of unskilled, don't-give-two-shits, what-can-you-do-for-me individuals with entitlement mentalities and no common sense.  

Somebody smart said, "Oh fuck no."
View Quote

Yeah it seems like the GM intervened in this situation. I don't work directly under him, but if my work isn't finished properly he's the onend who gets angry Supes on his ass. I make his life easy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:33:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#18]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#19]

I wish you'd come over here and bring an engineer and a master carpenter who will all work for beer.

I've got a rehab project and I'm gonna need an architect/engineer stamp.
View Quote

I might be able to borrow my FIL's stamp.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:50:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Yeah it seems like the GM intervened in this situation. I don't work directly under him, but if my work isn't finished properly he's the onend who gets angry Supes on his ass. I make his life easy.
View Quote

That is the definition of job security.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:24:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#21]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Hi everyone i hope the Superbowl is enjoyable to all.  I may have to go with Atlanta.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Posted in GD, but I wanted my friends to see it.

I spent a lot of time in the cemetery today. Had to leave church because someone was wearing way too much perfume. Stopped at the Miami burial ground.
The stories to be found are sometimes wonderful; the 80 year old couple that died a week apart.  Some are just heartbreaking.

The stones with just one date (dead babies); the stones that have mother and three kids all in a month, the stone with a father and two daughters dead the same day? (I am guessing car wreck)
Heartbreaking, and a reminder that we really live in the best of times.

There is a local cemetery that has a whole family , with three little kids, all dead of the Spanish Flu in 1918.
I went to visit my grandson, dead these 14 months (died at ten weeks), and just read the stones. Spent an hour; well worth it. Lots of tears.

Love your family, people.  Hug and kiss them every day.  Every single day.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:19:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#24]
Posted in GD, but I wanted my friends to see it..
View Quote

Final version, after a lot of editing.

spent a lot of time in the cemetery today. Had to leave church early because someone was wearing way too much perfume (allergies). Slept much of the day, due to benadryl and hydrocodone,. I talked to mom for two hours on the phone. If you know me, you know what that means. It was because of the following. Love you, Mom.
I stopped at the Miami burial ground.

The stories to be found are sometimes wonderful; the 80 year old couple that died a week apart. Some are just heartbreaking.
The stones with just one date (dead babies); the stones that have mother and three kids all in a month, the stone with a father and two daughters dead the same day, (I am guessing car wreck).

There is a local cemetery that has a whole family , with three little girls, all dead of the Spanish Flu in 1918.
I went to visit my grandson, dead these ~17 months (died at ten weeks), and just read the stones.

Spent an hour; well worth it. Lots of tears and prayers for the survivors. I pray that Jesus will save all that I love.
Love your family, people. Hug and kiss them every day. Every single day. Seriously, every day. You never know.
I am sorry if this is a burden for you. It was massive for me. A hard, but lovely day. How can one be crushed and uplifted at the same time?
I hope you all are blessed by the thoughts. That's why I tagged you in.
I love you all.

ETA: Especially Kitties, ontime,,  and all my buds here. Too many names that I don't remember.  You have no idea how much you have meant to me at times.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Posted in GD, but I wanted my friends to see it.

I spent a lot of time in the cemetery today. Had to leave church because someone was wearing way too much perfume. Stopped at the Miami burial ground.
The stories to be found are sometimes wonderful; the 80 year old couple that died a week apart.  Some are just heartbreaking.

The stones with just one date (dead babies); the stones that have mother and three kids all in a month, the stone with a father and two daughters dead the same day? (I am guessing car wreck)

There is a local cemetery that has a whole family , with three little kids, all dead of the Spanish Flu in 1918.
I went to visit my grandson, dead these 14 months (died at ten weeks), and just read the stones. Spent an hour; well worth it. Lots of tears.

Love your family, people.  Hug and kiss them every day.  Every single day.
View Quote

My gramdmother amd I used to spend lots of time in cemetaries doing genealogy.  We saw some amazing things in them. Shared s lot of tears.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Final version, after a lot of editing.

I hope you all are blessed by the thoughts. That's why I tagged you in.
I love you all.

ETA: Especially Kitties, ontime,,  and all my buds here. Too many names that I don't remember.  You have no idea how much you have meant to me at times.
View Quote

We have all been through lots of ups and downs with each others help and support.  Just because we have not met IRL for the most part, does not mean you guys are not special friends to me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ontime1969:

We have all been through lots of ups and downs with each others help and support.  Just because we have not met IRL for the most part, does not mean you guys are not special friends to me.
View Quote

That's what I am saying, brother.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:57:59 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#33]

It's a beautiful post.  And same back to you.  I find cemeteries to be peaceful places.
View Quote

Had coworkers who would drive drunks out of town and leave them by some gravemarker in a graveyard at Colma (the cementery city of the San Francisco Peninsula).
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#34]

It's a beautiful post.  And same back to you.  I find cemeteries to be peaceful places.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Well my last dude quit today. I may have seen this 1 coming since I pointed out the job to him and gave him a letter of recommendation.
He's getting a $4/hr pay raise and it's closer to home for him.

I'm Uber fucked now though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Well my last dude quit today. I may have seen this 1 coming since I pointed out the job to him and gave him a letter of recommendation.
He's getting a $4/hr pay raise and it's closer to home for him.

I'm Uber fucked now though.
View Quote
Sorry man.

I have to go to Yuma tomorrow. The owner wants to spend his money again and acquire more apartments and condos. I'm the one that will be looking at it maintenance-wise...and if he writes a check, seeing who stays and who get's fired and replaced. Yay for me
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Sorry man.

I have to go to Yuma tomorrow. The owner wants to spend his money again and acquire more apartments and condos. I'm the one that will be looking at it maintenance-wise...and if he writes a check, seeing who stays and who get's fired and replaced. Yay for me
View Quote

Sounds like a combo from hell.

Hell, even just mentioning Yuma starts things off at a bad point.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#40]

What's wrong with Yuma?
View Quote

Its like phoenix but smaller, hotter, more humid, less to do, more illegals  and sitting on calis doorstep. It's gross.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Sorry man.

I told him he is on his own after lunch this Thursday. The 20th is this Friday.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#42]

What's wrong with Yuma?
View Quote
Everything
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#44]
dbrad, post a photo of the cross-draw holster on your body, will you?

I want to see how it looks on, so I can figure what might work for me (a short-waisted female).

View Quote

Sure thing, if I don't get 1 up by this evening will you please IM and remind me?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#45]

The shield always conceals very nicely. I've beven carrying it and a reload lately.

I think I will ask for the same setup but for a full sized sig next, I feel better with 16 rounds for immediate disposal.

@Kitties-with-Sigs
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Wow, that's pretty impressive that you can sit down with that and not get poked or pinched.
View Quote

The gun sits just right...it "V"s in my joint, so after my first 10 minutes wearing it I didn't notice it was there.  He really nailed the angle.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:14:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#48]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/365303/20170212-145451-145426.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/365303/20170212-145558-145427.jpg

The shield always conceals very nicely. I've beven carrying it and a reload lately.

I think I will ask for the same setup but for a full sized sig next, I feel better with 16 rounds for immediate disposal.

@Kitties-with-Sigs
View Quote

Nice dude you can't see any patterning at all.   Kitties friend did a killer job.

Edit is that your shield?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Nice dude you can't see any patterning at all.   Kitties friend did a killer job.

Edit is that your shield?
View Quote

Yep OT it sure is.

And yeah he did a great job, and is a incredibly good guy to boot.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#50]
It's good to see this thread alive again.

My AAR on Yuma.

Snowbirds. Lots and lots of snowbirds. Need I say anymore?
Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top