Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2013 6:41:03 AM EDT
I am looking for a safe big enough for a P226, with a wire lock to lock to the base of the seat frame. I am looking at Nano Vault 200, and a few other similar ones. What do you use?

I know a gun is useless in the truck, but I can't carry on campus yet
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I had this one mounted to the floor hump between the driver and passenger seats in two of my trucks.  Kind of tucked up under the console, and barely noticable (depending on your interior color, I suppose).  Don't do that now though, no need.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:45:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am looking for a safe big enough for a P226, with a wire lock to lock to the base of the seat frame. I am looking at Nano Vault 200, and a few other similar ones. What do you use?

Titan gun vault; with magazine box to allow interstate transport under FOPA. Video   Skip to 3:30 and you will LOVE it!
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:47:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Difference in this and the NV-200?
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:54:29 AM EDT
[#5]
this peaks my interest...
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not sure.

BTW the above mentioned Titan vault is made by Center of Mass
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For all intensive porpoises, the word is 'piques.'

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the funny part is, there are readers here who won't...    

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Titan gun vault; with magazine box to allow interstate transport under FOPA. Video   Skip to 3:30 and you will LOVE it!

holy shit

my dick moved.. must buy 4 of these
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:04:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I am going to have to check these two- I was looking at the GunVault before, but keep forgetting to order one.  

Looks like the GunVault has a bit thicker steel (21 Gauge vs. 18 Gauge).
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Lock'er Down and Console Vault are nice options.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

holy shit  

my dick moved.. must buy 4 of these

You only need additional mounting plates; the safe locks on to the plate(s) with an internal lever. One safe, many vehicles. Carries like a small suitcase.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am going to have to check these two- I was looking at the GunVault before, but keep forgetting to order one.  

Looks like the GunVault has a bit thicker steel (21 Gauge vs. 18 Gauge).

I noticed that as well. The Titan thing is way the hell out of my price range lol
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the nano or 'center of mass' locker.  It works  but  is only sufficiently strong enough to keep honest people honest.

This is one that I'll go with in my next vehicle.

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:19:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Which one has the razor blades that spring out when you try to rip out the cable?
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Go to a local welding shop and they will fab you up something WAY better. Just a steel box, thick with an interior hinge then you use a hasp and cut resistant (round) padlock to close it. Line that sucker with foam. Bolt it to the center hump, or make it portable and use a cryptonite or some such heavy lock to secure it in there.

For probably 100 bucks you'll have something truly badass.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go to a local welding shop and they will fab you up something WAY better. Just a steel box, thick with an interior hinge then you use a hasp and cut resistant (round) padlock to close it. Line that sucker with foam. Bolt it to the center hump, or make it portable and use a cryptonite or some such heavy lock to secure it in there.

That certainly sounds like more than $100 in parts and labor to me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That certainly sounds like more than $100 in parts and labor to me.

Not really, maybe a bit over, but there would not be much welding involved, and the material to make the box would not amount to much, size-wise. The padlock/crypto will cost a little.

Pay a little more and have piece of mind that lasts forever or buy some shitty thing for 40 dollars that I can defeat with  heavy dykes. My point is, for some applications, the do it yourself route is the bargain in the long run.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Not really, maybe a bit over, but there would not be much welding involved, and the material to make the box would not amount to much, size-wise. The padlock/crypto will cost a little.

Pay a little more and have piece of mind that lasts forever or buy some shitty thing for 40 dollars that I can defeat with  heavy dykes. My point is, for some applications, the do it yourself route is the bargain in the long run.

In mutual courtesy due to your avatar, I will concede fair enough, and add that I certainly can't say good things about the $40 cheapos either.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

In mutual courtesy due to your avatar, I will concede fair enough, and add that I certainly can't say good things about the $40 cheapos either.  

LOL I just realized that, fellow wastelander.
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Found this online. A pair of dykes will cut the cable. It will take a good two handed squeeze.

These = False sense of security. You will need to spend a little more for it to be any deterrent at all.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/attachments/gear-talk/14345d1351781026-vehicle-safe-help-gv200-failed-latch-screwdriver.jpg
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#25]
my gay company car has this built-into the floors, neat feature.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top