Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2001 11:36:54 AM EDT
Has anyone ever thought about having one of these? If would be pretty fun. A weekend of drinking and shooting. What else could you ask for?

[beer] [uzi]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
Wild women?
View Quote

Of course!

We can molest the horses, then ride off on the women!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Womenz! Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Shooters.com has yearly gatherings.

I almost made the TDPRI.com(Fender Telecaster Discusion Page Re-Issue) gathering in Chicago last Feb. The have one on each end of the US.

The members of some forums make [b]donations[/b] to upgrade the websites. There is a list of all donators on the site. They are usually made through Pay-Pal or by mail to the sites moderator.

$10 a person goes a long way towards organizing events and program upgrades.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
sounds cool.[:)]

Would love to put a face to your cyber names.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]
About Las Vegas.
Rooms and food Are cheap if you're there during the week. I think Monday -Thursday. The weekends are when they make their killing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#10]
We tried this awhile back, people kept squabbling about east or west coast and didn't want to meet in the middle so it kinda fell through

keep trying though, it would be fun
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Have it in Nevada and I am THERE
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Kevin N:
Shooters.com
View Quote

c2s?
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I am there is the timing is right.
Totally.

Matter of fact, I just met a fellow
www.floridashootersnetwork.com member today.
I think he is a member here too.
His screen name is 1i over on Floridashooters.

Damn cool guy.

Turns out, he lives like 2 blocks from my new house!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#14]
How about a Western Ar15ComCon in Las Vegas, then an Eastern in say, TN, KY, or NC? (I don't care which state, I'd go to Vegas!)

This would seem more practical than a giant one in KS.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to know if at crazy-ass [b]Gecko45[/b] will attend before making any plans.
I'd be afraid of anyone wearing a [b]SECURITY[/b] shirt.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
VEGAS, yeah baby. Nite life, Cheap Rooms, Class3/AW friendly, Nice ranges(from what I hear). That's the ticket baby, I will definitely be there if it come to fruition.

The Idea of having a western and eastern conferences is good too. We can have it like a mini gun show, with seminars on equipment/survival stuff/reloading/tactical shooting. Yeah I can see it now. The pilgrimage of it all. Gun in the day. Party at night and may squeeze in a lil gambling. Maybe SteyrAUG and I can do the hand to hand self defense seminar.

I LIKE IT!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys how about HAWAII? I got no money, bought too many guns. You guys can stay at my house.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Howzit, Silver Surfer!

Unlikely that Hawaii would ever be considered. But maybe a local gathering? Curious to know how many Hawaii folks there are on this board. Not many places for casual shooting here on Oahu. Perhaps Poamoho ridge (in the back of Dole plantation toward the Koolaus), but only accessible by 4x4. Plenty of pu'uwa'wa'a (wild boar) sign up there.

-jsr75
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Last time they tried to organize something they did it in a no machine gun state.

Like I would ever be caught dead in a place like that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#20]
jsr75: hey bra! worst here on maui, mostly club events (ipsc,3-gun) but our club (vissa) does get over to your neck of the woods to shoot with the mppl and the state games. hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#21]
No thanks on the convention unless you just want to get together for some hookers and a little Black Jack. It's one thing to have opinionated people taking shots at each other from behind a keyboard but put that same bunch of loudmouths in the same room with a keg of beer and someone will surely get their ass kicked.

Disclaimer: I have no problem with violence as long as it's not my ass being kicked.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#22]
hmm, the airlines will notice that a LOT of travellers coming into vegas airport with assault rifles.
funny thought,,,every third person in airport carrying hard case with lock,, it would look like chicago in the 1920's
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#23]
While I agree with Getsome.....

IT IS A GREAT IDEAL, AND I AM THERE.....

PS....I apologize to ANYONE I flamed.......

AND..is my WA state CCW good in Nevada?????
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#24]
What part of Wisconsin are you from Mr. Death_By_AR15?
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:44:25 AM EDT
[#25]
If this were ever to take place, we would have to be on our best behavior (yeah I know it sucks) because the ATF would be watching the event like a hawk.  Just leave it to the ATF to ruin everyone's fun.

mattjedi[X]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Vegas ? Womenz ? Brewskis ? Guns ?  THAT my friends would ALMOST be a religious experience !!  Lets do it !  [BD]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#27]
i am all for it, but unless i can get more vacation time, more money, and can vove ny arsenal acrost state lines without attracting attn, sorry cant be there. (lets not forget the govthug types, flies on horse shit.) god would i love to be there to see all the action though.

brb nature calls
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#28]
mattjedi,

Actually I think it would be a great idea to invite the ATF! We could have a two way Q&A session. Imagine having an ATF Phoobah fielding some of the questions and issues we discuss here on the forum. Maybe he/she could bring examples and samples of 'todays' legal, illegal and 'not sure' for Show & Tell. Be sure to bring a camcorder and/or tape recorder!

Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm there!!
Las Vegas is about a nine or ten hour drive for me.[beer]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Back in the early days of the board AntiUSSA tried to get an AR15.com "Extravaganza" (remember Anti or have you tried to forget!!!)together but the logistics of getting people together, insurance, bringing weapons into the state chosen, travel, etc., became a problem.  It takes a team effort, it takes up front money, and takes a lot of foresight to see it through.

That's why more state functions have been successful over a "national" get together.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What part of Wisconsin are you from Mr. Death_By_AR15?
View Quote

I'm from Wiscosin Dells, but right now I am going to school in North Dakota.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Las Vegas would be a dream come true for an ar-15 get together. The smell of gunpowder in the morning and the sound of slot machines at night.
I'm getting wood just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok, i've read over the responses to this thread, and i don't recall reading a post from a NV resident.  I'm from sunny Las Vegas, and would definitely attend if this meet is here!

There is a group of about 10 of us that are on this board, that meet once a month to shoot the ol' black rifles. In fact, this weekend will be our first night shoot, for anyone interested in attending, fire off an email and i'll give you directions.

I would suggest that the meet be timed around a gunshow (www.lasvegasgunshow.com), as i don't think you can transport ammo on the plane.

For those wondering, YES, this is a Class 3 friendly state. have seen my share of M16s, UZIs, MACs, even tommy guns.  I know of 3 different places that we can shoot, that can accomodate a fair number of shooters.  Some places would require some high ground clearance vehicles, for you Jeepers out there. But those are the better spots, cleaner, quieter!

Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Another thought would be to somehow include Frontsight, which is located about 90 minutes north of LV.  They have a large facility, and would have the pull to get Armalite, BM, Oly, GGG, Surefire, or some others to set up displays on site for demos or whatever. Hell, maybe Dr. Piazza would host the shoot at Front Sight!

wonder if he would consider a 1 day, AR15 tactics class at a discounted rate if there was enough interest...
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#36]
I could hit any place West of Colorado. My mother works for Alaska Airlines, and family fly free. Only thing is I fly nonrev, so bringing a gun might be a problem.

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#37]
btw, why hasn't anyone suggested Ca. for the meeting place? [:D]

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Vegas is only 6 hours away from here. Im in
Im not sure where to get some yardege for our Rifles but I do know of a good indoor range that has class 3 weapons. Discount Firearms out in Henderson. Reel nice guys and a good selection
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#39]
"Western AR15.Com"
Hehe... any excuse to goto Vegas is good! :)  let us know when and where.

Link Posted: 4/12/2001 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Wouldn't that be great if we could all get on a big line, with a 30rd mag per person (at least), and blast one of those Rosie dolls?

[uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi] [uzi]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top