Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When do they get their jackboots?

After they finish dog-shooting training on week 3.

You don't shoot dogs until after basic marksmanship. Waste of ammunition until you be sure that the recruits can hit a stationary target before working on a moving one.
Crawl, walk, run, hurdle, high jump, obstacle course....salsa, mambo, merengue.

I was pretty sure they were starting that earlier now, just to weed out those who couldn't shoot dogs right away, before they issue the expensive jackboots.   And I heard it was changed to be well before they give the MRAP/Urban-Armored-Assault-Rights-Violator-Vehicle driving courses, so students who will fail the academy do so before they can wreck one.  Just cost saving-measures.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Police Academies acting like military basic training kills me.

Everything about it was/is ghey. If these pogue, wanna be high speed if they ever were in the military fuck yards want to play military games and traditions, they need to get off their fat ass , drop the security job and so it. Yes I compared what their job is because they are trying to be something they can never be.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks fun. Good luck guys!
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]

lol

that is what i was thinking
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything about it was/is ghey. If these pogue, wanna be high speed(not sure wtf goes in here) if they ever were in the military fucktards want to play military games and traditions, they need to get off their fat asses, drop the security job and show it. Yes I compared what they're job is because they are trying to be something they can never be.

lol...outstanding, fixed it for ya

never new i was "trying" to be in the military, glad someone finally explained it
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Also, a historical note.

The Michigan State Troops(Now the Department of State Police) was founded in 1917 as a state run militia to replace the National Guard in times where the guard was called away for national service.

The MSP has it's origins as a para-military organization, not as a constabulary as many other state agencies across the country.

Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:46:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When do they get their jackboots?

After they finish dog-shooting training on week 3.

You don't shoot dogs until after basic marksmanship. Waste of ammunition until you be sure that the recruits can hit a stationary target before working on a moving one.
Crawl, walk, run, hurdle, high jump, obstacle course....salsa, mambo, merengue.

I was pretty sure they were starting that earlier now, just to weed out those who couldn't shoot dogs right away, before they issue the expensive jackboots.   And I heard it was changed to be well before they give the MRAP/Urban-Armored-Assault-Rights-Violator-Vehicle driving courses, so students who will fail the academy do so before they can wreck one.  Just cost saving-measures.

You would think so.....
Unfortunately, with the large influx of Chinese restaurants, dog prices have gone up, therefore it costs more to shoot them.
In addition to the increase in ammo costs, you need to save money where ever possible.

As far as MRAP UAARVV training goes....its really pretty simple. Stay on the black stuff in between the trees, (Road) and run over anything that gets in your way.
Biggest expense there is just the cost of fuel.
Of course, wandering off road can cost the driver a case, (or more), of beer If they get the UAARVV stuck, its a matter of etiquette to purchase a case of beer for every member of the crew that "rescues" your vehicle.

Welshing on that bit of manners means you get to figure out how to get yourself unstuck. Which of course, interferes with rights violations.
Longer your stuck, the less rights you can violate....
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:48:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also, a historical note.

The Michigan State Troops(Now the Department of State Police) was founded in 1917 as a state run militia to replace the National Guard in times where the guard was called away for national service.

The MSP has it's origins as a para-military organization, not as a constabulary as many other state agencies across the country.  

Did they have cargo pockets back then?

Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:55:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, a historical note.

Did they have cargo pockets back then?

it was all in the haircuts
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:56:48 AM EDT
[#10]
New recruit of JBT.

Making them shaving their head just like the military does, and they say the police aren't being militarized.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 4:00:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
New recruit of JBT.

Making them shaving their head just like the military does, and they say the police aren't being militarized.

Yup....
next its actually expecting them to polish their boots and wearing cargo pockets on their pants....

The horror!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

Butt hurt? A police officer goes through a much more rigorous selection process, than any member of the armed forces. I know you can't accept it, but it's fact.
They are turned lose on the American public with the power to not only restrain individual liberty, but to take lives. They require a high degree of self discipline, self confidence, esprit de corps, and motivation. The problem with American LE, is not more military type training, it is less military type training. The best agencies have the most strict and paramilitary academies

And an accountant at Deloitte goes through a more rigorous selection process than both, what's the fucking difference? Both have pretty low standards. Police Academies acting like military basic training is a complete joke, they are going to write speeding tickets all day. Big fucking deal.

No, he doesn't. Education requirements aside, did your accountant, have to undergo a back ground investigation? A physical fitness test? A polygraph? A board interview, a full medical screening? A psychological evaluation? A drug screening?A 6+ month academy? A 6 to 8 month training program with a senior accountant? A 12 month probationary period? Can he still be an accountant if he has a bad driving record, or has been arrested for domestic violence? Any other number of misdemeanors?
Are you aware that a great number of crimes are discovered during traffic stops? Criminals are mobile. They use their cars to come and go from criminal activity. They transport their criminal tools, and fruits of the crime in their vehicles.

90% of the above mentioned questions are required for getting pretty much any job. 12 month probationary periods and drug screenings are extremely common for any job. 6 month training programs are extremely common. Lots of places do background checks and credit checks. Board interview, lots of jobs, accounting especially, have about 6 interviews with about 5 people at each interview, so close enough. Can't still be an accountant for domestic violence and other crimes, they'd pull your CPA.

I honestly have respect for the MSP, but treating the academy like military basic training is a joke. 99.9% of their time will be spent writing speeding tickets and they really aren't any more special than the common citizen.

My sister is an accountant with a good employer.  She did not have a background investigator (much less a back investigator that went so far as to interview siblings, friends, and neighbors), a physical test, a medical exam (much less a medical with a cardiac stress test), a psychological exam, or even a face to face interview with a shrink.  She also did not have have to go through an intensive FTO process.

What most don't realize is just how hard it is getting to obtain a LE job, especially with the growing number of applicants.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 4:13:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In this thread I learned that MSP recruits accountants at Deloitte are the most highly disciplined, vetted, and responsible badasses the world has ever known.

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 4:13:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Brighton post uses our clubs range for their training and quals.
Stopped the ammo truck one day in front of the clubhouse and told them I was the official ammo man and needed samples.
Good guys at our post, glad to have them in our community.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
-

You would think so.....
Unfortunately, with the large influx of Chinese restaurants, dog prices have gone up, therefore it costs more to shoot them.
In addition to the increase in ammo costs, you need to save money where ever possible.

As far as MRAP UAARVV training goes....its really pretty simple. Stay on the black stuff in between the trees, (Road) and run over anything that gets in your way.
Of course, wandering off road can cost the driver a case, (or more), of beer If they get the UAARVV stuck, its a matter of etiquette to purchase a case of beer for every member of the crew that "rescues" your vehicle.

Welshing on that bit of manners means you get to figure out how to get yourself unstuck. Which of course, interferes with rights violations.

Korean restaurants. Real JBTs should be able to keep their stereotypes in order.  Or did they eat the Koreans, too?

That's true - and you have a quota of rights to violate.  Can't get those UAARVVs stuck.

That's also why I thought they pushed that so far back.  Can't have those non-dog-shooting ACLU weenies out there who are going to fail anyway wasting good JBT-students time.

Is it true they've added a ceremonial cabin-burning at the completion of all police academies to mark the success of the Dorner manhunt and prepare the junior JBTs for a life of oppression and ruthless subjugation of citizens?
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 4:26:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
New recruit of JBT.

Yup....
next its actually expecting them to polish their boots and wearing cargo pockets on their pants....

The horror!!!!

Stop talking about cargo pants. No one on planet earth was making the assumption that they were being militarized because they started wearing cargo pants.

Link Posted: 5/15/2013 4:28:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Militarization of the police you say
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 5:08:17 AM EDT
[#18]

My sister is an accountant with a good employer.  She did not have a background investigator (much less a back investigator that went so far as to interview siblings, friends, and neighbors), a physical test, a medical exam (much less a medical with a cardiac stress test), a psychological exam, or even a face to face interview with a shrink.  She also did not have have to go through an intensive FTO process.

What most don't realize is just how hard it is getting to obtain a LE job, especially with the growing number of applicants.

Any job with a salary much higher than the market rate for an entry level blue collar job is going to have lots of applicants...that's simple economics

I'd argue that getting an le job isn't that difficult.....it just happens to be for the demographic that wants that job
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a jovial group.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I am bummed for a buddy of mine. He age'd out waiting on a few fed gig's...really wanted to get into LE. MSP hired him.

Broke his back during hell week.

I check on him now and then..no word if the State of Michigan will ever clear him again, he has a spot in the first class as soon as he is cleared.

Link Posted: 5/15/2013 5:29:34 AM EDT
[#21]
MSP Troopers have been some of the finest LE officers I have ever had the pleasure to work with, train and instruct.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Brighton post uses our clubs range for their training and quals.
Stopped the ammo truck one day in front of the clubhouse and told them I was the official ammo man and needed samples.
Good guys at our post, glad to have them in our community.

LGC? Or another one?

Link Posted: 5/15/2013 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Also, a historical note.

That is actually quite interesting.....thanks for sharing.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything about it was/is ghey. If these pogue, wanna be high speed(not sure wtf goes in here) if they ever were in the military fucktards want to play military games and traditions, they need to get off their fat asses, drop the security job and show it. Yes I compared what they're job is because they are trying to be something they can never be.

lol...outstanding, fixed it for ya

never knew i was "trying" to be in the military, glad someone finally explained it

Fixed it for you.  If you are going to fix someone else's spelling, you might try fixing your own first.  Capitalization and punctuation wouldn't hurt, either.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
New recruit of JBT.

Uhhhh..They have always been that way.

History of the MSP
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Graduation of the last class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f2I7ZVNwyY
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
-

You would think so.....

Korean restaurants. Real JBTs should be able to keep their stereotypes in order.  Or did they eat the Koreans, too?

That's true - and you have a quota of rights to violate.  Can't get those UAARVVs stuck.

That's also why I thought they pushed that so far back.  Can't have those non-dog-shooting ACLU weenies out there who are going to fail anyway wasting good JBT-students time.

Is it true they've added a ceremonial cabin-burning at the completion of all police academies to mark the success of the Dorner manhunt and prepare the junior JBTs for a life of oppression and ruthless subjugation of citizens?

You dont think the Chinese eat dog?
Actually, no current quota of rights to violate. No limit at the moment. However, that might change. Rumor has it City Hall is considering a quota in order to determine officer productivity levels.

No ceremonial cabin burning, that was cancelled when there was a concern the fire could spread and cause forest fires. Smokey wasnt happy.
Also, due to budget constraints, the building a real cabin only to burn it down was considered wasteful.

Now it's a Lincoln Log cabin built by each recruit and burned on a Weber grill for safety purposes. However, it should be noted that officers are paying for the Lincoln Logs out of their own pockets. So no taxpayer funds are being used for frivolity.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New recruit of JBT.

Yup....

The horror!!!!

Stop talking about cargo pants. No one on planet earth was making the assumption that they were being militarized because they started wearing cargo pants.

Actually, it has been
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
-

You would think so.....

You dont think the Chinese eat dog?
Actually, no current quota of rights to violate. No limit at the moment. However, that might change. Rumor has it City Hall is considering a quota in order to determine officer productivity levels.

No ceremonial cabin burning, that was cancelled when there was a concern the fire could spread and cause forest fires. Smokey wasnt happy.
Also, due to budget constraints, the building a real cabin only to burn it down was considered wasteful.

Now it's a Lincoln Log cabin built by each recruit and burned on a Weber grill for safety purposes. However, it should be noted that officers are paying for the Lincoln Logs out of their own pockets. So no taxpayer funds are being used for frivolity.

Yeah?  Well who paid for the Weber grill, huh?  I bet it was the public, you know, soveriegn citizens forced at gunpoint to get up there hard erned money to support the nanny state so you can have your little bonfires.  It sickitates me to see you have no intnetion to follow your oath to the Constitution.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#31]
If you make it through graduation... and you have to dress like you might invade Poland at any given moment... can you atleast pretend to treat the person you just pulled over like a human being and not "THE ALLEGED SUSPECT"?...

Thanks.. from the rest of us.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Week 1

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for posting these, I have seen my buddy in a couple of them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

All that just so they can write traffic citations?

Can't tell if sarcasm.

Anyhow, MSP is full service, unlike the Ohio Highway Patrol

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The same training techniques that work for military recruits work well for academy recruits.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sound alike first day of bct except less yelling, getting smoked, and a facility tour by friends and family

Oh I'm sure they got smoked just not in front of the media.  I graduated from the Indiana State Police Academy in 2008 and it is not fun.  We got smoked almost daily for 6 months.  Our academy has about a 50% dropout rate.  My class started with 80 and we graduated 46.  Its pretty intense even during the f.t.o. phase after the academy.  And yes there is lots of yelling.

Yah I can guarantee you your academy was nothing like my Basic training, Infantry school, RIP school, Ranger School, Jump School and SERE School!!!!  The drop out rate for basic training in the Army is about 14%.  Ranger school is about 45-50%, SERE School is about 30%.

If your drop out rate is almost 50% for a police academy I'm sure it would be even more for basic and other army schools. My police academy back in 2004 was a 10 week joke of a course.

My 6-month police academy was a hell of a lot harder than 12 week boot camp. The police academy is like doing boot camp and college at the same time.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#38]
[/quote]
Butt hurt? A police officer goes through a much more rigorous selection process, than any member of the armed forces. I know you can't accept it, but it's fact.
They are turned lose on the American public with the power to not only restrain individual liberty, but to take lives. They require a high degree of self discipline, self confidence, esprit de corps, and motivation. The problem with American LE, is not more military type training, it is less military type training. The best agencies have the most strict and paramilitary academies
 [/quote]

Bullshit!
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#39]
span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]

Bullshit![/quote]

MEPS never tested my cholesterol. MEPS didnt have a mental health evaluation. MEPS didnt have a polygraph.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its been that way since day one.

Not at my academy. Ours was more like 13th grade.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its been that way since day one.

Not at my academy. Ours was more like 13th grade.

Not all academies are the same. The "stress" academies where the staff tries to make recruits quit are going away, which is a mistake.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top