Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's heartwarming to see us all band together and have some concern over something like this.

It would be a shame to all laugh at one another if the enemy was knocking at our door.

Now I am not saying that their are UN tanks in Maine, but I am not laughing at the OP either.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d32b7f316f10b5e5aeaff6fefe6ce580/tumblr_mjm68zyMi71qa1q24o1_1280.jpg

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Captured some more UN troops in New Hampshire, these ones were chasing the local geese, think they are Dutch.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Any word on the wheat harvest in Russia?

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't get the hate for the UN. It's just a discussion forum that allows for countries to talk to each other and cooperate.

It has no army of its own, and the US can block pretty much any action it pleases (it is, after all, an American creation in the first place).

There is some legitimate concern about the UN and its constant attempts by less than moral nation-states using it as a way to introduce agendas that harm the major powers, particularly the United States. But like you said... its got no army of its own. But don't tell that to people...
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't get the hate for the UN. It's just a discussion forum that allows for countries to talk to each other and cooperate.

It has no army of its own, and the US can block pretty much any action it pleases (it is, after all, an American creation in the first place).

It has to do with money.  US provides 22% of UN funding, far above what any other countries provide.  

What do we get in return?  A general assembly that spends its time bashing the US, and countries like Sierra Leone, Cuba and Saudi Arabia on the Human Rights Counsel.

My main quibble with the UN is our ROI is fucking shit.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You are all laughing but the OP is probably right. FO time is upon us. Economy is about to hit the shitter.

Watch what happens after a week of empty supermarkets.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#7]

This is Pliskin, over?
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has to do with money.  US provides 22% of UN funding, far above what any other countries provide.  

What do we get in return?  A general assembly that spends its time bashing the US, and countries like Sierra Leone, Cuba and Saudi Arabia on the Human Rights Counsel.

My main quibble with the UN is our ROI is fucking shit.  

I agree with your points, but the US has the power to change that. Your government simply lacks the will to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Reporting in. Bandoliers of .30-30 en route.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Every year, sometimes twice, a buddy of mine tells me of a "source" that has first hand knowledge of UN troops about to invade the U.S. Each time i have to remind him that the blue helmets can't keep the peace or enforce their will in a tiny third world country. How in the heck could they hope to contain armed Americans? Not only would it be logistically impossible, but for what reason would the U.N even try that? Even Japan, a world power at the time, knew better than to try and invade the U.S. You're trying to convince me that a rag tag assembly of multi-national forces would be organized enough to attempt to control this giant country? I seriously doubt the U.N. could come in to Alabama and control it. It's just ridiculous. And our military... what, they are just going to sit there? Are you assuming they would be complicit in this takeover of our country by foreign troops? None of this even remotely makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Maine Militia is gearing up eh ?

No. The Maine malitia is gearing up. Big difference.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Awww, the Maine Militia Facebook is a party pooper.

"We are hearing reports, and getting calls from all over, that there are UN troops and tanks in Maine. We HERE have NOT seen any movements or tanks!! Repeat, WE have NOT seen any such movements. There are reports circulating around the internet, that appears to be FALSE. Who ever is doing this without solid backup information, please, stop wasting our time. We are not mobilized, for any reason at this time."

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Maine Militia:

http://i.imgur.com/ka61lpM.jpg

From L to R:  General, Major General, Admiral, Lt. Maj. Supreme General

50% combat effective rate....better than I'd expect.  

They keep us fatties out in front through the assault , it's cheaper on the skinnies than buying kevlar . Then once we fall , they roast us for rations ......cheaper than MRE's

They told us we were 'multi-tasking' .....I didnt think it involved being a bullet magnet AND a spit up my ass on an open fire to feed my brothers, dammit!!

Oh well . . . . King and Country and all that ......toodle pip

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree with your points, but the US has the power to change that. Your government simply lacks the will to do anything about it.

As much as I enjoy blaming the government, if we had citizens who were interested in voting for people worth a shit, maybe we'd get some people into Congress with the willpower to address issues like "Why the fuck are we funding a US bashing organization when we're broke as hell?".

In this theoretical world, Bacon works like a diet pill, all women are gorgeous and ammo is free.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So OP are you hitting the bottle or the bong this early?

I'm going with bong.

Bong than the bottle.
It's Maine . . . . c'mon , dont forget the Vicodins

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Maine Militia:

http://i.imgur.com/ka61lpM.jpg

From L to R:  General, Major General, Admiral, Lt. Maj. Supreme General

Nope . . . aint enough flannel , and too many skinny guys .

Which 3 are cops/ATF Agents?

They're behind the camera
Quoted:

This thread is full of all kinds of WTF. Serisouly?
Serisouly ! Super serisouly !!

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In this theoretical world, Bacon works like a diet pill, all women are gorgeous and ammo is free.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Uhhhhhhhhh

Do they have pallets of Peeps in the trailers?

Bring it !

Cola Warriors , meet the Moxie Madmen

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Someone tell me when it's time to come out of the basement.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Code Red!!  It's going down like a Mexican whore on payday!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This is Pliskin, over?

I heard you were dead .
Quoted:

Reporting in. Bandoliers of .30-30   45-70 en route.
FIFY
But serisouly . . . I'm scrubbing the cosmoline outa the Maxims , and harnessing the moose up  .

We already have the plates welded to the skiddahs .......GTG!!!!

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im in SW. Missouri, about 4 years ago I watched a very long train loaded with U.N. vehicles go by. Most were covered, but every once in awhile one would have its tarp loose and blowing back. Probably had legitimate reasons for being shipped, but I still found it very disturbing watching that train roll by with someone elses military inside our borders.

Or they were simply American vehicles that had been used in a UN mission.

Domestic politics has gotten so full of derp over the UN (as you can see here in GD), that we haven't done so since UNPROFOR.  Start a thread using the name Micheal New is you want to see some crazy and tortured irrationality.

Most likely, they were someone's M113s were were refurbing, and they were simply painted in the configuration requested by the customer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Max , my coon cat , has two Frenchies cornered out back .......I think one of em just peed his cammies
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#25]
So in for the ensuing hilarity and Alex Jones videos
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#27]
HIDE YO COONS!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#28]
This has the potential to fuck up our Maine trip next month.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Any word on the wheat harvest in Russia?  

Worst in 55 years...

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This has the potential to fuck up our Maine trip next month.  

The black flies will probably do that.

Hey dont be hating on our unoffical state bird.....
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#33]
So, we foing or not? I need to know if I have to go to work tomorrow or not.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So, we foing or not? I need to know if I have to go to work tomorrow or not.

Ernie, not Elmo. I repeat, NOT Elmo.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
They've made it out of Maine and into New Hampshire, 45 French troops just surrendered to me and now I own a AMX-56 Leclerc MBT, who wants to go for a joyride with me?

I'm on the seacoast, stop on by!   We can go down to Hampton Beach and clear out all of the Massholes that have already invaded it in one pass with the MBT.  

I will try to get over there, having problems finding the forward gears in this thing  

Reporting from Mt Washington Valley, a few miles from the Maine line. No more UN'ers in Maine as they are all here. They brought lobster and Champagne. We've got lotsa beer and the grills are all fired up. The French dudes are pretty cool, Romainians not so much.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#36]

I swear some of you are the people that believe those emails about being decedents of those Nigerian princes that just need some money wired to get to safety before giving you their billions.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't get the hate for the UN you need to educate yourself about what it is and what it does.

I would suggest the book  The fearful master as a start.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Why blur out the FB posters name and pic? Someone that stupid deserves ridicule. WTF is a 'malitia" anyhow?

Malitia: A tasty beverage made from mango, lime, and tangerine.    I think!

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Good OPSEC - reverse psychology..  Im sure that they are in a fire-fight by now
Quoted:
Awww, the Maine Militia Facebook is a party pooper.

"We are hearing reports, and getting calls from all over, that there are UN troops and tanks in Maine. We HERE have NOT seen any movements or tanks!! Repeat, WE have NOT seen any such movements. There are reports circulating around the internet, that appears to be FALSE. Who ever is doing this without solid backup information, please, stop wasting our time. We are not mobilized, for any reason at this time."

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yanks, would 1000 gram thinsulate boots be appropriate for this occasion?

Waaay too insulated.

back to the drawing board...
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Northern Maine here, I.
Internet fading, alot of low flying aircraft, and only one radio station is working... MPBN
The local sheriff says he doesn't know what is happening.
Me and Norm are taking the wheelers to town then down to Loring, the old Airforce base to have a look.
Could have something to do with the bad fiddleheads..I'll try to post tomorrow.
Freezespray
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I swear some of you are the people that believe those emails about being decedents of those Nigerian princes that just need some money wired to get to safety before giving you their billions.

Um, 'decedents' are people who have died.

Do you mean 'descendants'? (a.k.a. "blood relatives in the direct line of descent")

[This correctocalypse was brought to you by the grammar Nazis of the UN.]

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#45]
God speed.  Keep your head down
Quoted:
Northern Maine here, I.
Internet fading, alot of low flying aircraft, and only one radio station is working... MPBN
The local sheriff says he doesn't know what is happening.
Me and Norm are taking the wheelers to town then down to Loring, the old Airforce base to have a look.
Could have something to do with the bad fiddleheads..I'll try to post tomorrow.
Freezespray

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't get the hate for the UN you need to educate yourself about what it is and what it does.

I would suggest the book  The fearful master as a start.

So much irony.  The Dunning–Kruger effect in action.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They've made it out of Maine and into New Hampshire, 45 French troops just surrendered to me and now I own a AMX-56 Leclerc MBT, who wants to go for a joyride with me?

Any chance of a joy ride down to NYC ? We could do donuts in Times Square
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Currently: 54°F

Partly Cloudy

57°F | 37°F
Tomorrow

Mostly Sunny

60°F | 37°F
Wednesday

Partly Cloudy

61°F | 49°F
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#49]
We should be fine.  They have the AWB in New York so they can't get to the rest of the country without getting arrested.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#50]

The spelling made my brain scream and cower in a corner of my skull.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top