Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There will be a time, when science and medicine come to the conclusion that it isn't "red" meats that cause heart disease and cancers per se.

They already did a long time ago.

So all of the G.I. docs are now saying it is ok to fill your guts with red meat then?

My wife's best friend is an MD. She's insanely wrong, all the time. Just because a Doc says, or doesn't say it, doesn't mean it's true or false. Scientific studies are better.

This and there are a lot of scientific studies concerning this subject material.

Page two ownage.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've honestly stopped giving a fuck. I eat what I like and what I enjoy (in moderation, of course) but if i want a damn steak topped with an overeasy egg on a bed of bacon I'm going to have just that.

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Gen. 1 chapter 29,30
And god said, See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food; and it was so.

Of course in Gen 9:3 he told Noah different and basically said eat everything but my point without totally thread jacking is eating as close to the original diet is probably not  an unhealthy way to start and then adding in meats etc. in moderation.  My guess is our food supply these days isn't as healthy as it was back in the beginning. ymmv
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Pork isn't good for you. At least, no according to the Bible ...
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
red meat has higher levels of fat and cholesterol throughout.  The whiter the meat, the less cholesterol and fat.

That didn't answer his question. The cholesterol only affects you if you eat a lot of carbs also. Eating nothing but steak and eggs will result in amazing readings on these numbers, and it'll piss most doctors off that they were wrong.  Fat, meh, most gets passed through you, and it doesn't make you fat.

That's absolutely false unless you have a digestive disorder.  The biggest problem with most people's diet is it contains too many calories, most of which are carbohydrates, many of which are simple carbohydrates.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Actually, trans fatty acids are synthesized in the gut of ruminants.  Chickens can be fed TFAs too.  But pork is relatively free of TFAs.

It is the TFAs that can be bad.   Not cholesterol.  Sure, thousands of biochemists have analyzed arterial plaque and found cholesterol in these deposits but that isn't the cause of the arterial disease. For example, smoking does far more damage which causes plaque adhesion on arterial walls.

Yup, smoking is the worst, followed by hypertension and diabetes which are tied for second place.  While diet is important, it's not the most important factor in the genesis of atherosclerotic vascular disease.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gen. 1 chapter 29,30
And god said, See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food; and it was so.

Of course in Gen 9:3 he told Noah different and basically said eat everything but my point without totally thread jacking is eating as close to the original diet is probably not  an unhealthy way to start and then adding in meats etc. in moderation.  My guess is our food supply these days isn't as healthy as it was back in the beginning. ymmv

Actually yes and no. Its much more complicated than that, if read into biblical history they did not eat great deals of meat on a regular basis and took in vegetable proteins with small amounts of meats. A lot of it was due to the fact that they simply had no practical means of preserving and storing large amounts of meats.  

Also what you will find interesting if you read into it further is that you essentially were not supposed to eat pork even though it had a split hoof.

Lev. 11:3 "Whatever divides a hoof, thus making split hoofs, and chews the cud, among the animals, that you may eat."

Even though the pig has a split hoof did not chew a cud.

Lev. 11:7, "and the pig, for though it divides the hoof, thus making a split hoof, it does not chew cud, it is unclean to you."

There is a lot of scientific study to support this.  Pork is not as healthy as other types of meat such as beef, goat, poultry. Also another thing to consider is that there was a biblical prohibition against eating shellfish as well and this has been largely proven to be unhealthy through scientific study that large amounts of shell fish is bad for you.

Lev. 11:9 “These you may eat, of all that are in the waters. Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat."

Lev. 11:10 "But anything in the seas or the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is detestable to you."

ETA concerning the fact that people of biblical times ate higher quantities of grains , it was the type of grains they ate.  A good example is

Ezekiel 4:9 "Now go and get some wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet, and emmer wheat, and mix them together in a storage jar. Use them to make bread for yourself during the 390 days you will be lying on your side."

These grains are so high in complex carbohydrates and proteins you can live on them almost exclusively. In fact there is a cereal made and sold called Ezekiel that is made from these grains and it has more protein in it that eating a steak.  I have it for breakfast a lot of times and you are full when you are done. I highly recommend it.

Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The low fat high carb diet is the greatest myth ever perpetrated by the american media
-Dr. Warren Willey
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The low fat high carb diet is the greatest myth ever perpetrated by the american media
-Dr. Warren Willey

Truth.  most importantly though was the fact that the American public was tricked into believing that processed vegetable and saturated fats were healthy fats. When Vegetable oil was promoted as being healthy , and lard and suet were demonized problems began.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Paleo diet. Our ancient ancestors grew eating meats and veggies. Why is that different now? It's not. Free range and wild meats are the way to go.

Paleo wiki
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Paleo diet. Our ancient ancestors grew eating meats and veggies. Why is that different now? It's not. Free range and wild meats are the way to go.

Paleo wiki

I like Paleo its a good one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gen. 1 chapter 29,30

Actually yes and no. Its much more complicated than that, if read into biblical history they did not eat great deals of meat on a regular basis and took in vegetable proteins with small amounts of meats. A lot of it was due to the fact that they simply had no practical means of preserving and storing large amounts of meats.  

Also what you will find interesting if you read into it further is that you essentially were not supposed to eat pork even though it had a split hoof.

Lev. 11:3 "Whatever divides a hoof, thus making split hoofs, and chews the cud, among the animals, that you may eat."

Lev. 11:7, "and the pig, for though it divides the hoof, thus making a split hoof, it does not chew cud, it is unclean to you."

There is a lot of scientific study to support this.  Pork is not as healthy as other types of meat such as beef, goat, poultry. Also another thing to consider is that there was a biblical prohibition against eating shellfish as well and this has been largely proven to be unhealthy through scientific study that large amounts of shell fish is bad for you.

Lev. 11:9 “These you may eat, of all that are in the waters. Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat."

Lev. 11:10 "But anything in the seas or the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is detestable to you."

ETA concerning the fact that people of biblical times ate higher quantities of grains , it was the type of grains they ate.  A good example is

Ezekiel 4:9 "Now go and get some wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet, and emmer wheat, and mix them together in a storage jar. Use them to make bread for yourself during the 390 days you will be lying on your side."

These grains are so high in complex carbohydrates and proteins you can live on them almost exclusively. In fact there is a cereal made and sold called Ezekiel that is made from these grains and it has more protein in it that eating a steak.  I have it for breakfast a lot of times and you are full when you are done. I highly recommend it.

Thanks, I'll look into that cereal. Most days for breakfast I eat a thick stew with lentils, rice, barley and lots of vegetables and leafy greens all mixed together. I don't feel hungry for awhile either.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Beef is fine. It's the refined flour products that will kill ya. Well old age will kill you eventually.

I'm paying no attention to you....

Link Posted: 5/12/2013 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gen. 1 chapter 29,30

Thanks, I'll look into that cereal. Most days for breakfast I eat a thick stew with lentils, rice, barley and lots of vegetables and leafy greens all mixed together. I don't feel hungry for awhile either.

No Problem its excellent  Here is the link to the company that makes it.  What you are eating is something that was eaten for a long time in many parts of the world. High in protein

Ezekiel 4:9 Food For Life
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beef is fine. It's the refined flour products that will kill ya. Well old age will kill you eventually.

I'm paying no attention to you....

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSChELocX1w0Wo4IcgKdbc7wMnmNkaxRmQ-YCJS-IY6-LFZ4chMbQ

People who talk bad about chicken fried steak are communist.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Why is red meat supposed to be bad for you, but pork and chicken are not?

It's not, it's a lie.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think it's any worse as long as you get lean cuts of beef.  Unfortunately, those parts often don't taste as good. (Except for filet of course)  Even pork isn't healthy if you have a lot of pork fat with it, or chicken if you eat the skin/fat with it.  I think this stems from the fact that our bodies are made to eat lean wild animals, although that doesn't completely explain the Inuit and their whale blubber.

Why? Because the FDA deemed "fat" unhealthy back in the sixties? You believe what the government tells you, citizen?

Dietary fat does not translate into body fat nor is it that big of a deal on cholesterol. The substitution of salt and sugar packed into "lean" shit is far more unhealthy in larger quantities. And that's what we get in everything processed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top