Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/21/2013 5:44:50 PM EDT
Link

Just caught this add.....interesting venue for this type of reporting. (A financial news network)
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably just be a hit piece.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Most likely, but this ain't too bad except the shit in blue, which is a lie:

The AR-15 is the most popular and, some would say, misunderstood, rifle in America: an estimated four million are in circulation. You can even buy one at Wal-mart, if they're not sold out. It has been used in a number of high profile mass murders, yet it is also the preferred rifle of law-abiding homeowners, hunters, and sport shooters across America.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

From the previews it doesn't look like it too much.  It's not like their Remington 700 witchhunt.  James Yaeger is even in the preview being interviewed.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
They go to Olympic Arms for an explanation of how an AR-15 works.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AR-15 is the most popular and, some would say, misunderstood, rifle in America: an estimated four million are in circulation. You can even buy one at Wal-mart, if they're not sold out. It has been used in a number of high profile mass murders, yet it is also the preferred rifle of law-abiding homeowners, hunters, and sport shooters across America.

"Mass murder" is a pretty general term, but I think it's tough to say it's a lie.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Mass murder" is a pretty general term, but I think it's tough to say it's a lie.

I don't.  It's a lie.

Name me all the "high profile mass murders" committed by someone using an AR-15 type rifle.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

Name me all the "high profile mass murders" committed by someone using an AR-15 type rifle.

Hell any murders committed using an AR15, even if it is one individual, it is still a damn low number, especially when weighed against other weapons.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It's anti-gun for the most part (focusing on mass shootings).
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

Hell any murders committed using an AR15, even if it is one individual, it is still a damn low number, especially when weighed against other weapons.

Yep, thus my contention that the part in blue is a lie.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

The Sandy Hook school shooting and the Aurora theatre shooting immediately spring to mind.  Bad guys use them too, even though handguns are used in crime more often by an order of magnitude.  Trying to hide from that fact is disingenuous.

Better to say yes they are occaisionally used in crimes, however FBI crime statistics (The Uniform Crime report which is available online at FBI.gov) show that more people are beaten to death with bare hands then are killed with ALL categories of long guns including the AR-15.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#12]
i like the fact they portray it as being automatic and call it battleground born, fuckers, it will be full of misinformation and propaganda
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#13]
None of the specific evidence about which firearm Lanza used has been released. The colorado theatre nutjob used several firearms also. The DC Snipers committed individual homicides, not mass murder. Being the most popular rifle sold over the last several years, they are going to show up in some rifle homicides, and some rifle homicides are mutiple slayings. The bank robbers who slayed FBI agents in the 1986 Miami gunfight used a mini-14. Patrick Purdy used an AK47. Lon Horiuchi uses a Renington 700.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

Really?  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora_shooting

Like I really needed the links.    Where are you going with that argument?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

The Sandy Hook school shooting and the Aurora theatre shooting immediately spring to mind.  Bad guys use them too, even though handguns are used in crime more often by an order of magnitude.  Trying to hide from that fact is disingenuous.

Better to say yes they are occasionally used in crimes, however FBI crime statistics (The Uniform Crime report which is available online at FBI.gov) show that more people are beaten to death with bare hadns then are killed with ALL categories of long guns including the AR-15.

What fact?

I said that the part in blue is a lie.  What you just posted does not change that.

"Occasionally used" is not the same as the media saying "it has been used in a number of mass murders", trying to imply that it's a common occurrence.

It's still a lie.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Link

Just caught this add.....interesting venue for this type of reporting. (A financial news network)

The whole 2 hour show is on youtube. I think I'll watch it tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiAPB7BYfkY

ETA: Whoops, neverminnd ...it's 2 minutes, not 2 HOURS!
It's not on till the 25TH.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

Really?  

Yeah, REALLY.

That's TWO, not the implication that it is a common ocurrence by the media.

The same two that someone else already posted.

So far...........TWO.

Still a lie on their part.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

Really?  

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#19]
The only recent mass murder that an AR-15 was employed in was the orange-haied dude thing from Colorado.  There were no 5.56mm rounds fired at Newtown.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#20]
25 incidents listed in Wickipedia under Mass Killings with explosive/fire killed more people than Adam Lanza did.

Many of these fires and explosions deliberately killed 100's.

Most mass murderers using firearms commit suicide and some are killed by police.   Most of these fire and explosion types do not.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The only recent mass murder that an AR-15 was employed in was the orange-haied dude thing from Colorado.  There were no 5.56mm rounds fired at Newtown.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What round did he use?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Yeah, REALLY.

So far...........TWO.

Notice how they said "a number" and not something like "a bunch."  They want to imply its evilness without flat out lying and getting called on it.

So technically they didn't lie.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

Really?  

Yeah, REALLY.

So far...........TWO.

Throw in the beltway sniper.  That's three.

The article referenced "A NUMBER of high profile mass murders".  

How can you possibly argue that?

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Gonna need more popcorn.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Yeah, REALLY.

So far...........TWO.

Notice how they said "a number" and not something like "a bunch."  They want to imply its evilness without flat out lying and getting called on it.

Thank you.

I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate points to argue, but this isn't it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#27]
From the website link from OP:

The gun is legal and lethal. The AR-15 is seven pounds of steel and
plastic that can fire a bullet at roughly 3,000 feet-per-second.

Sounds like they know what the fuck they are talking about.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]
"The type of destruction that we're seeing is something that you can't do with a shotgun or even a handgun. You can't injure someone as much as you can when you've got thousands of rounds of ammo," added Sasson.

Never been on a battlefield, but I'm pretty sure a slug or a couple rounds of 00 buck would be devastating?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Yeah, REALLY.

So far...........TWO.

Jesus H Christ.  You people know exactly what they mean and are defending them.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

Really?  

Yeah, REALLY.

So far...........TWO.

Throw in the beltway sniper.  That's three.

The article referenced "A NUMBER of high profile mass murders".  

How can you possibly argue that?

You gotta be kidding.

You know exactly what they mean and it's a lie.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Really?  

Anyone know how many people in the theater were actually killed with AR before it jammed?

Is the DC Sniper case really a mass murder? Seems more like serial killing to me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They go to Olympic Arms for an explanation of how an AR-15 works.

Everyone else told them to fuck off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Really?  

Anyone know how many people in the theater were actually killed with AR before it jammed?

Is the DC Sniper case really a mass murder? Seems more like serial killing to me.

More like spree killing, but I hear you there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Any mention of the shoulder things that go up and single use mags?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#36]
This thread went down the shitter quick. IBTL
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone have a watchable link for those of us without TV?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This thread went down the shitter quick. IBTL

No shit ......
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the previews it doesn't look like it too much.  It's not like their Remington 700 witchhunt.  James Yaeger is even in the preview being interviewed.....

And right before they get to the Yeager interview they will say "this next guy is the one who was going to kill people for making new gun laws" or some shit like that.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Add is short for addition.

Ad is short for advertisement.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm debating if I want butter or cheddar popcorn for this one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And......  Law Enforcement.   They always forget that one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Yeah, REALLY.

So far...........TWO.

This. 2 is a number.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Yeah, REALLY.

So far...........TWO.

Jesus H Christ.  You people know exactly what they mean and are defending them.

I'm not defending them.  I saw what they did there.  I'm simply just pointing out that they didn't lie in that statement you're so emotionally arguing about.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"The type of destruction that we're seeing is something that you can't do with a shotgun or even a handgun. You can't injure someone as much as you can when you've got thousands of rounds of ammo," added Sasson.

Never been on a battlefield, but I'm pretty sure a slug or a couple rounds of 00 buck would be devastating?

Yep....but then they are not trying to ban shotguns  But trust me when the time comes, they will be crying about the destructive power of buckshot.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep....but then they are not trying to ban shotguns  But trust me when the time comes, they will be crying about the destructive power of buckshot.

If I ever have to shoot someone I am not going for injury I am going for death. Shooting someone is a last resort option when all else fails. I escalate appropriately based on the situation.

If I have to shoot someone I want to kill them because they are a threat to my life at that moment. I don't fucking understand why these libtards are obsessed over injury.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't.  It's a lie.

Really?  

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks

Hard to call the beltway incident a 'mass murder'.  It doesn't matter what type of rifle he used since he only fired ONE shot each time.

edited to fix quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#49]
"7lbs of steel and plastic" Must have forgotten the aluminum receivers
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#50]
In on this shit.

Mags are loaded and time to start stretching,
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top