Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I am surprised we haven't seen a literal boatload of IMI and privi.

It seems like they would be selling it like crazy.

Takes time to load it in a container, on a boat, sail the seas, unload the boat, clear customs, ship the container, and sell it.  I can assure you that the foreign manufacturers know we want it, and know the prices are high, and are trying to make money from it.  It's just going to take time to get here, and even then a whole cargo ship with nothing but ammo would probably evaporate into the black hole of current demand within a day.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a gut feeling someone is screwing around with the ammo supply.

You are referring to DHS hoarding enough 9mm hollowpoint to fight the Iraq War 10 times over? I suspect that may have something to do with it, as well, except that 9mm is banned by the Geneva convention and therefore can only be used against Americans. Either they're prepping for Civil War, or this is Obama's backdoor way of stopping civilians from getting ammunition (I am more inclined to believe the latter).

That is a prime example of why I avoid the LGS and public ranges these days.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The next time Federal is $15 a brick and available by the pallet, I am going to build a big house out of it.  Therefore, ammo will not be coming down for a while.  Sorry.

You, me, and everyone else.

As soon as the prices are affordable and the supply is there I'm picking up 50k small pistol primers, 10k WPA 223, all the 22lr I can find, and I may start reloading 223 also.

I'm not kidding, the day it hits $15, I am purchasing all I can with whatever assets I can liquidate in under 5 days.  It's gonna be glorious!
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last sundays walmart score
http://i.imgur.com/cfRpQ83.jpg
Also got a little win 556
And some federal 9mm
tula 762 is plentiful
Also some tula 9 and 45

Why have you used door casing as baseboard?

And this is why I love arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The next time Federal is $15 a brick and available by the pallet, I am going to build a big house out of it.  Therefore, ammo will not be coming down for a while.  Sorry.

You, me, and everyone else.

As soon as the prices are affordable and the supply is there I'm picking up 50k small pistol primers, 10k WPA 223, all the 22lr I can find, and I may start reloading 223 also.

I'm not kidding, the day it hits $15, I am purchasing all I can with whatever assets I can liquidate in under 5 days.  It's gonna be glorious!

Everybody has that plan...making that day a long time coming.

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what do you guys need ammo for? Are the Chinese coming to get their money back?

I'm hoping to compete in IDPA - CDP division this year. I figure that will run me near 1.5k rounds in matches, plus about double that if I can get enough ammo to practice.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm starting to see .223/5/56, 9mm/40/45, but still very little .22lr (a nearby store went through 300k rounds in 4 hours recently) and virtually no other pistol calibers.

I would love to buy a box of cheap .45 colt and several boxes of .17hmr but neither are in stock around here now. Rifle ammo is everywhere. I can even get .308 around here.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of these posts show some of you are behind the curve since the '94 shortages happened.  Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to have a case of 9mm and two of 5.56.

I hate backordering so I won't even bother to start looking for any until late summer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy it cheap and stack it deep
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Buy it cheap and stack it deep

derp
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top