Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The boot to head was stupid and here I'd be unemployed.

The rest I have no problem with. Clearly there is a lack of hands on training. The weak ass attempts to gain compliance were pitiful, to much depenDance on the taser and when it didnt work...lets just kept trying it.

Dogpile already.

Tose cops did fuck around way too much.......could have just got him under wraps......instead the pussy footed around.

yeah, I mean after all you can see what a bad ass that boy was. Gee he coulda hurt someboby. Gee those strips on his shirt mighta blinded someone or caused someone a seizure or some damned thing. Christ all that idiot needed was wifey to put him to bed. What a fucking joke! I guess pigs dont have much to enetertain themselves in that part of the country

He slapped around his pregnant girlfriend then got in a fight with the cops. A witness who was him assaulting her pregnant girl called the cops  

Funny how quick he disappeared once the facts showed up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Taser must be low on batteries or something because that was sad even for a drive stun. That kick to the head probably cost the cop his job though.

Why, did the cop have a Trayvon target in his cargo pocket when he kicked the guy?
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops went a little too far with the boot kick.

This....

Quoted:
The boot to head was stupid and here I'd be unemployed.
The rest I have no problem with. Clearly there is a lack of hands on training. The weak ass attempts to gain compliance were pitiful, to much depenDance on the taser and when it didnt work...lets just kept trying it.

....and this. Seems too many cops rely on the taser always working and departments don't want to train cops on what to do when it doesn't.

I've noticed alot of younger Officers are reluctant to go hands on, and go right to the taser.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 3:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noticed alot of younger Officers are reluctant to go hands on, and go right to the taser.

Well... why wouldn't they?  What's wrong with using a device that results in fewer injuries, better compliance, less biohazard/body-fluid exposure, and fewer torn-up uniforms?  

As somebody who no longer carries a badge, but still has to wrestle with my share of drug-addict, anti-social, crazy f*cks, I would LOVE to be able to use a Taser in the ER.  

I'm not that fond of going toe-to-toe with toothless, alcoholic, tatted-up Hep-C patients.  I've had plenty of them try to bite me, spit, fling blood, etc.... Must be nice to have a way to knock them down and gain compliance without splitting your knuckles on their rotten stinking teeth.  

Seriously.

But even with the taser, there comes a time where you need to go hands on to handcuff.  If you're going to be going hands on regardless, sometimes it just restraining force (i.e. armbar) is all that's necessary and appropriate.  I don't know what happened before the video started rolling, so there may be much more to this one, but I tend to agree with Seneca-Cayuga.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top