Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/4/2013 10:18:52 PM EDT
I was just wondering about this... I'm googling and such right now. Any of the hive hear anything they want to throw out there?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
He moved to cony island, unlisted number pita to get ahold of won't pay his credit cards anymore
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I am writing my dissertation on the LRA.  He is most likely hanging out in CAR keeping a very low profile, and thanking God for the coup there.

ETA:  The LRA have been VERY adept at traversing borders and going where they can be left alone.  Kony knows the terrain better than those who are pursuing him, and now that the government of CAR has fallen, Uganda and the US have put the hunt on hold.  This seems to be on par for the LRA's behavior in the past; when the heat is on run to an area where government forces have little chance of finding you.  They have done the same thing in Sudan and the DRC.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Hating him fell out of style.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
He had plastic surgery and moved to Kenya.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you asking about his fate, or why don't we hear anyone talking about him anymore?

I don't know about the first one, but the second one is obvious.  Yuppy white liberals realized that they would have to use the same American military they hate so much in order to bring him to justice.  Their heads exploded, so they went back to their "Free Mumia" crap.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Facebook and YouTube beat him into submission.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#8]
We were going to invade, then realized that we're $16 trillion in debt.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Jerking it in San Diego

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#10]
A 'Stop Kony' Facebook status got 10 million likes and he magically disappeared.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#11]
His army got too old.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#12]
he has been in the news recently...as in yesterday

http://news.yahoo.com/uganda-suspends-hunt-warlord-kony-central-african-coup-092241366.html

there has been a coup in Uganda  CAR like 3-4 weeks ago. The new regime doesnt have finding Kony as a priority anymore i guess. and apparently the new regime in CAR is causing trouble for Ugandans????

TIA
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://news.yahoo.com/uganda-suspends-hunt-warlord-kony-central-african-coup-092241366.html

there has been a coup in Uganda like 3-4 weeks ago. The new regime doesnt have finding Kony as a priority anymore i guess.

The coup was in CAR not Uganda.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh kony. Yeah America only gave a fuck because some dudes made a really heart gripping video about the situation and put it on YouTube.

Nothing more than a political viral video that swept the Internet for about 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

there has been a coup in Uganda like 3-4 weeks ago. The new regime doesnt have finding Kony as a priority anymore i guess.

Ain't that funny... Most of the bleeding heart libtards never paid anymore attention to it, after posting on FB.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah sorry got confused

blaming hostility towards foreign troops by Central African Republic rebels who seized power last month

it read as though the rebels from CAR seized power in Uganda. I honestly cant keep up with the ever shifting leadership , factions, parties, armies, aid groups. political groups, pirates, missionaries, etc in Africa.

Seriously the entire continent is fucked. just look at all the bullshit happening in the north east with Libya and Egypt.  you can look to the north west a region fueled by the infamous "blood diamonds"

Central africa is where this particular rodeo is going down at.

South Africa is getting worse and worse everyday.

My parents are gonna be on safari in Kenya and Tanzania in Sept.........I hope they can avoid any problems.....those countries try to keep the region my parents will be in pretty stable for tourism. Maasai Mara and Serengeti.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh kony. Yeah America only gave a fuck because some dudes made a really heart gripping video about the situation and put it on YouTube.

Nothing more than a political viral video that swept the Internet for about 3 weeks.

The US has been interested in Kony since the Bush administration, and continues to be interested in his demise.  Mainstream US culture only cared for a little while, and now has forgotten.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#18]
We were going to invade then realized that maybe we should focus on our own nation before it dies.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US has been interested in Kony since the Bush administration, and continues to be interested in his demise.  Mainstream US culture only cared for a little while, and now have forgotten.

I would disagree with you. Sure there are people in the government interested in him, but to say the "administration" is interested is stretching it. Obama sent some troops to train and assist locals hunting for him....only after the viral video, otherwise what else has our govt done to go after him?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:47:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US has been interested in Kony since the Bush administration, and continues to be interested in his demise.  Mainstream US culture only cared for a little while, and now has forgotten.

yep

btw that guy that made that video is a fucking lunatic

And what most of the mainstream US culture didnt realize is that he was not a bleeding heart hippie.....he was a straight, by any means neccessary, lets kill this mofo kinda guy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That plus he is hiding under a rock somewhere in the CAR.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US has been interested in Kony since the Bush administration, and continues to be interested in his demise.  Mainstream US culture only cared for a little while, and now have forgotten.

I would disagree with you. Sure there are people in the government interested in him, but to say the "administration" is interested is stretching it. Obama sent some troops to train and assist locals hunting for him....only after the viral video, otherwise what else has our govt done to go after him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15317684

Try again.  The US sent forces well before Kony 2012.  But what do I know

ETA, Bush cared too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3077810.stm
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

or the Congo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your link is about what I already mentioned. OTHER THAN OBAMA SENDING A SMALL TEAM TO TRAIN AND ASSIST LOCALS.....what has the US done? Sending those troops was only done AFTER the viral video. I really wasn't trying to be rude or disagree with you, but you should pay closer attention to what I said and try again.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Your link to the bush article doesn't work. Show me a link to some action we took before Obama and ill admit I'm wrong
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

or the Congo.

That is fairly unlikely.  There are a lot of groups in the DRC that compete with the LRA, as well as a rather large UN force and US troops.  The LRA have spent quite a bit of time straddling the border of the DRC, but most people believe he has fled deep into the forests of CAR.

Kony is probably in the CAR, but there are probably some elements of the LRA in the DRC.  Their command structure allows for a lot of autonomy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#27]
New Rocky movie?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#28]
No one had seen him in years.

He was dead before that stupid internet film was even made most likely.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Your link to the bush article doesn't work. Show me a link to some action we took before Obama and ill admit I'm wrong

Cut and paste it, it doesn't want to hotlink.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok seriously....you got to help me out.  I have gone back over that article and I cannot figure why a coup in the CAR would cause a stoppage of the hunt for Kony in Uganda.

the tribal/political/warlord/official govt  dynamics of the entire region are throwing me for a loop.   I had a pretty frim handle on it about 4 months ago but i have slacked off and now i have completly out dated info.

I was researching about the region because of my parents trip.....they will have Lake Victoria as kind of a buffer between them and this area but its not by much.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your link is about what I already mentioned. OTHER THAN OBAMA SENDING A SMALL TEAM TO TRAIN AND ASSIST LOCALS.....what has the US done? Sending those troops was only done AFTER the viral video. I really wasn't trying to be rude or disagree with you, but you should pay closer attention to what I said and try again.

The video was posted March 5 2012, the article I linked to was posted on October of 2011.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll admit I'm half wrong, but that article doesn't say we did anything other than give Africa $150mil to fight terrorists...nothing specific about Kony. It says they asked us for help, but doesn't say we didn't anything other than throw money at Africa lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok seriously....you got to help me out.  I have gone back over that article and I cannot figure why a coup in the CAR would cause a stoppage of the hunt for Kony in Uganda.

the tribal/political/warlord/official govt  dynamics of the entire region are throwing me for a loop.   I had a pretty frim handle on it about 4 months ago but i have slacked off and now i have completly out dated info.

I was researching about the region because of my parents trip.....they will have Lake Victoria as kind of a buffer between them and this area but its not by much.

Africa has a severe problems with borders.  Because the borders were poorly drawn they are tremendously porous and allow for groups like the LRA to cross them at whim, but government troops and foreign troops have to respect those borders.  The Ugandan military and the US were operating in CAR at the whim of the previous government, when that government fell the situation changed and it is unclear if the US and Ugandans would be allowed to continue their pursuit.  It comes down to sovereignty, rebel groups don't recognize it, but governments do.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll admit I'm half wrong, but that article doesn't say we did anything other than give Africa $150mil to fight terrorists...nothing specific about Kony. It says they asked us for help, but doesn't say we didn't anything other than throw money at Africa lol

We listed the LRA as a terrorist group that same year.  At the time, the only sub-Saharan African group on the list.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We listed the LRA as a terrorist group that same year.  At the time, the only sub-Saharan African group on the list.

We added their name to a list. That's it? I'm pretty sure the Missouri Hometown Forum is on that list as well lol. Either way, nobody in our govt really gives a fuck about kony. That was all my point originally was.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We added their name to a list. That's it? I'm pretty sure the Missouri Hometown Forum is on that list as well lol. Either way, nobody in our govt really gives a fuck about kony. That was all my point originally was.

Saying that nobody cares is inaccurate.  There are parts of our government that does care, I think what you mean to say is that the government does not make them a high priority, which is true.  Historically the level of interest by the US in the region and in Kony has been quite a bit higher than in years past.

What would constitute the government caring by your standard.  George Bush going to Ugandan and skull fucking Kony to death?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Well. I don't know. Maybe anything other than writing their name on a list and throwing money at Africa. I will say it obviously must have been important, at least for a short time to even commit sending US troops to help.

Is he really that hard of a guy to track?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Seems like we could have tagged him with a UAV by now....except I guess he's surrounded by kids
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well. I don't know. Maybe anything other than writing their name on a list and throwing money at Africa. I will say it obviously must have been important, at least for a short time to even commit sending US troops to help.

The terrain does not allow for technological tracking.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Hipster outrage wasn't able to overcome the short hipster attention span.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jungle?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Exactly right, it was a short lived fad from the Left.  They moved back to Obama adulation.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:37:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Been saving this since the original threads (stole it from one of 'em, too) :

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:39:22 AM EDT
[#45]
He moved out of Africa and is in line to be the next dictator of Detroit.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:41:17 AM EDT
[#46]
He was sequestered
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jungle?

Very much so, it's akin to dealing with the FARC in Colombia.

Also, I assure you, the US has been dealing with this guy since well before the stupid video.  Heck, I remember the threads here in GD when Rush Limbaugh was criticizing Obama for targeting a "Christian" grip in Africa, and a small, small few of us tried to set the record straight on the LRA.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:45:47 AM EDT
[#48]
The first Kony video got millions of hits. The second video got significantly less. The third video got barely a trickle.

What? You didnt even know there was more than one video?

People stopped giving a shit immediately after hitting the "like" button on Facebook.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:17:06 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

He moved out of Africa and is in line to be the next dictator of Detroit.

Or the Duke of New York
The organizer of the Kony 2012 project completely lost his shit right after that campaign hit.

I'll tell you where they went wrong. They used facebook page likes into thinking it actually meant receiving money like for example you'll occasionally get this spam "Like this and if we get 2 million likes the doctor will perform my baby boys emergency heart operation"

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:23:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The first Kony video got millions of hits. The second video got significantly less. The third video got barely a trickle.

What? You didnt even know there was more than one video?

People stopped giving a shit immediately after hitting the "like" button on Facebook.

The left has an extremely short attention span. That what makes them such useful idiots.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top