Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2013 1:14:26 PM EDT
I have a DDX318 and want to use the AUX in for whenever I have Pandora or Iheartradio playing on my phone. When I put the cord into my phone the music will stop playing on the phone speakers since the headphone jack is in use, But when I put the cord into the head unit nothing will happen and I cannot find an option on the screen for the AUX in to be enabled.

I have done Bing searches for the user manual and have only found installation guides, and all the video guides on YouTube don't touch on my problem. I have been looking on and off for a few days now, and figured it wouldn't hurt to post the question here.

Does anyone know how to access the Aux in for this model unit.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the headphone jack in the front?

Edit: the selection you make on the main screen for input/suorce is not the "ipod" one, it's the other one. For non-apple products, it won't transmit data (via USB) and audio (via headphone cable) at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of the older head units have compatibility issues with today's technology.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
On the main screen it show there is an option for; USB, IPOD, AUX IN and AV IN. I'm using the headphone jack in front and the headphone jack in the phone. I also tried using the USB option with my phone plugged in with a usb cable but I only recived a unrecognizable device option. I am not able to find any way to activate the headphone jack in front, I also tried plugging in a cd player with the headphone jack and it would not work either.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]

For help.

I tried searching google and did not find anything helpful. I figure I must just be oblivious to why it won't work as it seems like it should be simple.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
On the main screen it show there is an option for; USB, IPOD, AUX IN and AV IN. I'm using the headphone jack in front and the headphone jack in the phone. I also tried using the USB option with my phone plugged in with a usb cable but I only recived a unrecognizable device option. I am not able to find any way to activate the headphone jack in front, I also tried plugging in a cd player with the headphone jack and it would not work either.

ok, so I think I selected Aux in and only used the headphone male-to-male cable
it would produce a scrambled picture on the head unit but would play the music.

got so annoyed, I just play stuff via blue tooth or with a small usb thumb drive
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Kenwood.  Seriously.

1-800-KENWOOD
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]
AUX in should be the way to go when using the mini jack on the front.  With the volume turned all the way down, or up just a bit, do you hear a crackle and thump when you plug stuff in?   How about when the cable is plugged in, touch the other end- you should hear some noise as the electrical potential from your hands gets picked up and amplified.  Since you used a CD player, the common factor would point to the head unit being defective or improperly configured.  Look for some sort of settings screen, and make sure the AUX input audio levels are turned up.  Also, you may have to enable the AUX IN as well.  Can you touch that button; have it light up in the input selection screen (if you have one?) Try a different cable as well, and double check that all devices you use to test have their volume turned up.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
you do have the headphone sound turned up on the phone, right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top