[#2]
Quoted:
sorry, I thought I knew something,  ive only been a dealer tech for 18 years

its ok youre forgiven
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fucking long for the day when some multi-billion dollar conglomerate gets into the retail business of cars and Wal-Marts the shit out of the industry.

What? Like Carmax?

I'm too tired and it's too late to explain to you how the market works with cars, real estate, etc.

Just because you've been conditioned to pay sticker on whatever it is your buying, doesn't mean the system doesn't work. Just the opposite.

If you're unhappy with your interactions, it simply means you've failed to learn rule number one in life; "Everything is negotiable."

Carmax is bullshit, and they are not the business model I am talking about.

I don't like the bullshit games involved in buying car. Dipshits in incorrectly tied ties pushing over a pad of paper and a pen saying to make an offer, him scurrying to some other dipshit at an elevated desk somewhere else, etc? Pffftt.. Please. It's incredibly inefficient and consumes way too much time.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
You are against someone making a profit?  That's capitalism.  Don't like the terms, don't buy, or start your own dealership of 'Walmart" car lots making a cook 30K a year... and keeping it real..  

LOL   Do you know what the Walton family makes    Look up the forbes richest americans.  3 or 4 of the top 10 are from WALMART last time I checked.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You are against someone making a profit?  That's capitalism.  Don't like the terms, don't buy, or start your own dealership of 'Walmart" car lots making a cook 30K a year... and keeping it real..  

LOL   Do you know what the Walton family makes    Look up the forbes richest americans.  3 or 4 of the top 10 are from WALMART last time I checked.

Make all of the profit you want, and enjoy it while you can. Eventually the entire industry is going to change.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I fucking long for the day when some multi-billion dollar conglomerate gets into the retail business of cars and Wal-Marts the shit out of the industry.

What? Like Carmax?

I'm too tired and it's too late to explain to you how the market works with cars, real estate, etc.

Just because you've been conditioned to pay sticker on whatever it is your buying, doesn't mean the system doesn't work. Just the opposite.

If you're unhappy with your interactions, it simply means you've failed to learn rule number one in life; "Everything is negotiable."

Carmax is bullshit, and they are not the business model I am talking about.

I don't like the bullshit games involved in buying car. Dipshits in incorrectly tied ties pushing over a pad of paper and a pen saying to make an offer, him scurrying to some other dipshit at an elevated desk somewhere else, etc? Pffftt.. Please. It's incredibly inefficient and consumes way too much time.

So call email the fleet manager

You are asking the manufactuers to sell directly.

This removes almost all incentive for local service and reduces choice.  And you'd likely pay more in the flatter market model.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I detect a lot of jealousy.  How OWS of you..........

Want to really blow your mind on how much you can make in the car industry???

Buy here / Pay here.........fuck over the FSA, act like a boss, set your own fucking hours, and if you do it right, you'll make big dealer GM money no problem.

The world isn't fair poink.  If you want to chase a dream, go for it.  The job isn't for everybody.  Not everyone has the stones for it.

Same can be said for my line of work.  I could easily be on wall street right now, but I found an interesting, and well-paying job with good hours and a lot of freedom and not having to deal with NYC (gets old fast), so I took that, and I'm happy.  And I'm happy for Joe Stockbroker, and I'm happy for the BMW GM in Springfield, and I'm happy for the hippy working the cheese counter at whole foods.

Better yet, who fucking cares?

This is a great example of hard work paying off.

Poink, drop the class warfare bullshit
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Make all of the profit you want, and enjoy it while you can. Eventually the entire industry is going to change.

Your avatar make sense now
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Seriously - imagine for one second if buying everything else in life was like buying a car. Imagine just how 'wonderful' that would be.

Now, imagine if you could buy a car like you could any other item on the fucking shelf. Imagine having your dollars courted by the likes of Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, etc and all of them trying to underbid the other and you getting the lowest possible fucking price. It sure would be awesome.

But no. Some of you dickheads (many of whom are in the industry) denounce me as some Occupy Wall Street type for wanting commerce to transact more smoothly. Hah. Word, man.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy here / Pay here.........fuck over the FSA, act like a boss, set your own fucking hours, and if you do it right, you'll make big dealer GM money no problem.

The world isn't fair poink.  If you want to chase a dream, go for it.  The job isn't for everybody.  Not everyone has the stones for it.

Same can be said for my line of work.  I could easily be on wall street right now, but I found an interesting, and well-paying job with good hours and a lot of freedom and not having to deal with NYC (gets old fast), so I took that, and I'm happy.  And I'm happy for Joe Stockbroker, and I'm happy for the BMW GM in Springfield, and I'm happy for the hippy working the cheese counter at whole foods.

How is it class warfare to call an inefficient and shady industry inefficient and shady?

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
If it's a family business, then he's making whatever Daddy wants to pay him.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it class warfare to call an inefficient and shady industry inefficient and shady?

"it's not fairrrrr............"

Thats you

Look, there are thousands of car dealerships in any given state.  Go around to them with a bag of money and they will fucking swallow your dick without any bullshit salesman games if that is what you want.  Apparently you are letting them play their game on THEIR terms.  Take fucking control man, and play on your terms.  Go to a different dealer, go right to the sales manager, state your terms, what more do you fucking want?
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Here in contra costa county

GM makes 700k to 1.5 mil depending on the type of cars selling.

GSM will make 2/300k

Used car manager 120/300k

A good service manager will make 150/300k

A good service writer will make 90/200k

A good detailer 10 bucks a hour.

See - This is totally out of whack. Would you see the same sort of salaries in ANY OTHER retail environment on the face of the fucking planet? No.

OMFG!!!!11. They make way to much money
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seriously - imagine for one second if buying everything else in life was like buying a car. Imagine just how 'wonderful' that would be.

Now, imagine if you could buy a car like you could any other item on the fucking shelf. Imagine having your dollars courted by the likes of Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, etc and all of them trying to underbid the other and you getting the lowest possible fucking price. It sure would be awesome.

But no. Some of you dickheads (many of whom are in the industry) denounce me as some Occupy Wall Street type for wanting commerce to transact more smoothly. Hah. Word, man.

You can do the exact same thing as Amazon and Walmart. They also have internet dealers so you just email them back and forth. CC in every other dealership and make them bid each other down
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a friend that's just a sales manager for a decent sized Toyota dealership.  He makes 120K a year.  I'd imagine the GM is making 160K to 200K a year.  When I wrote service for a GM dealership I was making 65K to 75K a year for just writing shit on a piece of paper and giving it to the techs.

Hours?

I got to the shop every morning at about 6:00 and would have the shop opened for customers to drop cars off by 6:30 even thought the shop did not open till 7.  Then the shop closed at 6 at night.  Usually 2 of the 3 advisors would leave at 5 or 5:30 and 1 would stay and close up.  Then I volunteered to work every saturday from 7am to Noon.  I would not have worked so much if I would have had a salary + commission.  But being commission based only really put the hammer down on having to preform.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a friend that's just a sales manager for a decent sized Toyota dealership.  He makes 120K a year.  I'd imagine the GM is making 160K to 200K a year.  When I wrote service for a GM dealership I was making 65K to 75K a year for just writing shit on a piece of paper and giving it to the techs.

Hours?

I got to the shop every morning at about 6:00 and would have the shop opened for customers to drop cars off by 6:30 even thought the shop did not open till 7.  Then the shop closed at 6 at night.  Usually 2 of the 3 advisors would leave at 5 or 5:30 and 1 would stay and close up.  Then I volunteered to work every saturday from 7am to Noon.  I would not have worked so much if I would have had a salary + commission.  But being commission based only really put the hammer down on having to preform.

Wow.  Thats a ton of hours for that pay.

Good for you dude.  Hard work pays off, but I couldn't do that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

GSM will make 2/300k

See - This is totally out of whack. Would you see the same sort of salaries in ANY OTHER retail environment on the face of the fucking planet? No.

POINK:  "Profit is cool, as long as it's not too much......"

fucking sounds like Obama

POINK:  "I support capitalism, But........."

sounds like "I support the second amendment, But........."

which sounds like Obama.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats you

Look, there are thousands of car dealerships in any given state.  Go around to them with a bag of money and they will fucking swallow your dick without any bullshit salesman games if that is what you want.  Apparently you are letting them play their game on THEIR terms.  Take fucking control man, and play on your terms.  Go to a different dealer, go right to the sales manager, state your terms, what more do you fucking want?

Not efficient != not fair.

Before we proceed, do you or have you worked in this industry?

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If it truly is, the great thing about capitalism is that it exposes and ruins inefficient businesses.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If there was a better way...someone would do it. Those who try have failed. (Saturn...)

The car companies are some of the largest, most well funded companies on earth that hire some of the best talent on earth. It is also a fiercely competitive industry.

Now, knowing all of that.

All of them pretty much follow the exact same business (sales) model. Think about that....Billions upon billions of dollars, top talent, over 100 years of trial and error....a global industry...and they all pretty much do it the same way.  It does not matter what all the details are or how you feel about it in light of that truth. One of the most well funded truths in the history of the planet.

That renders your position as nothing more than a tantrum from someone who doesnt have a fucking clue. You are not smarter than the car industry, you are just butt hurt.

Now that you know this, will you (even if you dont like it) realize you have learned something, or contunue to bitch about it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

GSM will make 2/300k

This is a wealthy area with extremely high volume.

Edit to say ,when I met my wife she worked at Nordstroms selling men's suits and made 8k a month .
So yeah it can be done.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GSM will make 2/300k

Again, I never implied salary caps be put in place or any of that nonsense. I simply stated that for being in a fucking retail job, like a manager of Wal-Mart, their salaries are out of whack. Why? Because they are in a fucking retail job. When I think retail, I think hourly wage monkeys not 700k ballers. Excuse me if it does not compute.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Depends; if he's a family member I'm going to say 150,000 to 200,000. Once he's in charge after his dad is gone, probably around 300,000 if he keeps his expenses in line.

Jesus - the car business is crooked.

Let me be the first to say FUCK YOU.  If you had ever worked in the car business you would get it instead of being another "bag of dicks eating 99 percenter"

The car business is the single most scrutinized and completely over regulated industry outside of health care.  A GM in a high volume store deserves to make 1 percenter money. With very little effort anyone can find out exactly what any new car really costs the dealer. The offer that people give the dealers is more often than not completely rediculous.

Right now dealers are absolutely whoring out new cars because it is the end of the month and all of us are chasing a number the factory has put out for us to hit. In my store we actually sold cars for a true +$2000 losses chasing a number the manufacturer wants us to hit for market share.  We will probably lose +$40k to sell the last few new cars we need between now and Monday to hit our number, for the sake of making the factory happy.

Go to a grocery store and ask to see invoices before you buy something. Let me know how that works out for you. Ask some one to sell you something far below what it is worth, and act like you are doing them a favor for honoring them with letting them pay you to buy their product.

Your hate for the auto industry is comedy gold.  If you knew what the other businesses made in profit on things you bought I'm sure you would be horrified.  At least the auto industry is the low hanging fruit for you to hate on.

I am a New Vehicle Sales Manager and I earn every dollar I am paid.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats you

In the retail auto industry?  

fuck no.  holy shit dude.  Sorry, I have marketable skills.  

I have had to do A LOT of research and advice on it in a professional capacity.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats you

their lack of in efficiency is their problem, not yours.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can do the exact same thing as Amazon and Walmart. They also have internet dealers so you just email them back and forth. CC in every other dealership and make them bid each other down

exactly, when I bought my wife's GMC Terrain I told the salesman what I wanted for my trade in value and how much I wanted to pay for the new car.  He tells me I'm smoking crack and that no one in the world would make that deal.  I pull out my iPhone and Google another dealerships phone number that is about 40 miles away.  I talk to a salesman that I've never spoken to before and tell him what I was wanting to do and what terms I was wanting.  He tells me with out even seeing the trade in that he would make the deal and for me to head that way to see him.

There was only 1 color/option combo that was available in a 3 state area and the first dealership fucked up and told me where it was at.  So when I showed up at the new dealership I was able to tell them where it was at and what they were wanting for a dealer trade.  Shit worked heavily in my favor.

Moral of the story, if you don't shop around and grow balls when you talk to dealerships then expect to get broke over and fucked on the pricing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It really bothers me that the car business is as totally fucked as it is. I can't think of a single other business where the consumer is at such a disadvantage and always winds up being fucked.

If Apple, Samsung, Sony, or any other major manufacturer tried to fuck their customers as bad as Big Auto does, there would no congressional inquiries, lawsuits, and outright consumer revolt.

That is just simply incorrect in every way. If you're mad about used car prices, just think about how many got crushed, taken apart, or tossed due to LEGISLATION.

Otherwise, I don't really get your complaint. There are still (despite the .gov) other dealerships and my personal favorite, private sales.

Bullshit. I don't have to sit down and haggle over the price of my Pop-Tarts with some slackjawed yahoo in a tie, nor do I ever have to have some retard over at Best Buy "run the numbers" on the Television I am buying. Instead, I can just purchase the product I want without any high pressure sales tactics and/or feeling like I am being fucked sideways the entire time.

Furthermore, the price I pay is usually the price listed. Sure, I an get things cheaper with a coupon or go to Store X instead of Store Y, but neither place ever has complicated pricing schemes designed to intentionally hide the true price.

So you are ok with paying manufacturers suggested retail price, unless it is an automobile?  Pay what is on the sticker and you won't have any pressure. Your argument as well as your 99 percenter mentality about what people get paid to do a job are of course baseless.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hours?

Wow.  Thats a ton of hours for that pay.

Good for you dude.  Hard work pays off, but I couldn't do that.

I thought I was king of the world when I was 20 making that kinda money and all my friends either worked at walmart or were in college lol....It was a ton of hours but it makes it easier when you get to go to work and just "hang out".  It was probably one of the most fun jobs I ever had.  I left that to get into the oil field so I just look at it like a fun stepping stone that helped me learn work ethic and long hours.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It really bothers me that the car business is as totally fucked as it is. I can't think of a single other business where the consumer is at such a disadvantage and always winds up being fucked.

If Apple, Samsung, Sony, or any other major manufacturer tried to fuck their customers as bad as Big Auto does, there would no congressional inquiries, lawsuits, and outright consumer revolt.

That is just simply incorrect in every way. If you're mad about used car prices, just think about how many got crushed, taken apart, or tossed due to LEGISLATION.

Otherwise, I don't really get your complaint. There are still (despite the .gov) other dealerships and my personal favorite, private sales.

Bullshit. I don't have to sit down and haggle over the price of my Pop-Tarts with some slackjawed yahoo in a tie, nor do I ever have to have some retard over at Best Buy "run the numbers" on the Television I am buying. Instead, I can just purchase the product I want without any high pressure sales tactics and/or feeling like I am being fucked sideways the entire time.

Furthermore, the price I pay is usually the price listed. Sure, I an get things cheaper with a coupon or go to Store X instead of Store Y, but neither place ever has complicated pricing schemes designed to intentionally hide the true price.

So you are ok with paying manufacturers suggested retail price, unless it is an automobile?  Pay what is on the sticker and you won't have any pressure. Your argument as well as your 99 percenter mentality about what people get paid to do a job are of course baseless.

It is because those individuals that profit are visible.

In other retail businesses, he doesn't have to face the producers.  He just sees the floor clerks, and maybe a $38k/yr asst manager at some Kroger.

But I bet sometimes he gets mad about the producers that he doesn't see............

like the Koch Brothers
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends; if he's a family member I'm going to say 150,000 to 200,000. Once he's in charge after his dad is gone, probably around 300,000 if he keeps his expenses in line.

Jesus - the car business is crooked.

Let me be the first to say FUCK YOU.  If you had ever worked in the car business you would get it instead of being another "bag of dicks eating 99 percenter"

The car business is the single most scrutinized and completely over regulated industry outside of health care.  A GM in a high volume store deserves to make 1 percenter money. With very little effort anyone can find out exactly what any new car really costs the dealer. The offer that people give the dealers is more often than not completely rediculous.

Right now dealers are absolutely whoring out new cars because it is the end of the month and all of us are chasing a number the factory has put out for us to hit. In my store we actually sold cars for a true +$2000 losses chasing a number the manufacturer wants us to hit for market share.  We will probably lose +$40k to sell the last few new cars we need between now and Monday to hit our number, for the sake of making the factory happy.

Go to a grocery store and ask to see invoices before you buy something. Let me know how that works out for you. Ask some one to sell you something far below what it is worth, and act like you are doing them a favor for honoring them with letting them pay you to buy their product.

Your hate for the auto industry is comedy gold.  If you knew what the other businesses made in profit on things you bought I'm sure you would be horrified.  At least the auto industry is the low hanging fruit for you to hate on.

I am a New Vehicle Sales Manager and I earn every dollar I am paid.

The most overly scrutinized industry? Please. I can't take a shit without compliance sending me an email or asking for end of month statements. Hell, I 'technically' cannot even talk to certain people in certain positions in my same motherfucking company.

And I am well aware that I am probably paying a huge markup on my toaster strudels, but I am ok with that. Why? Because I don't have to sit down with some 'bidness man' (because he tied a tie that morning) and go over the terms and pricing for said toaster strudel. So, even if I do pay a 300% markup on my breakfast pastry, I am ok with that.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#31]
never mind
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Poink,

Just move to Cuba, there you will have no car dealerships.  You can take your transportation needs to THE PEOPLE, and barter for a 12x rebuilt 57 Chevy Bel-Aire.  (one of the ones that hasn't yet been converted to a raft).
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

GSM will make 2/300k

Again, I never implied salary caps be put in place or any of that nonsense. I simply stated that for being in a fucking retail job, like a manager of Wal-Mart, their salaries are out of whack. Why? Because they are in a fucking retail job. When I think retail, I think hourly wage monkeys not 700k ballers. Excuse me if it does not compute.

Ok.  Whatever. The manager at walmart and the GM of a dealership is a different beast.  Even the service manager at a dealership works harder than you would ever imagine.  You call it a wage monkey, but you have not a fucking clue of what you speak
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Another brilliant thread from the OP...how you have made it this far in life I will never know.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
sounds like a bunch of managers in here.  those who cant do , manage  .too bad the guys who know it all cant do it all

I guess you have it all figured out. Send your resume to all the Fortune 500 companies out there, I'm sure you are worth every penny those guys make.

The reason I have my job and the other people don't is because they can't do what I do.  Get over your self.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
never mind

I think Poink is talking about new cars, which carmax doesn't involve itself with.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
\

How so?  No one puts a gun to your head and forces you to sign jack fucking shit.

(Brother in law works in the industry and did sales.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
\

How so?  No one puts a gun to your head and forces you to sign jack fucking shit.

I bet some dealerships could try that, and get away with it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

\

http://youtu.be/T6Oc3WizIRg

Yeah, I wonder why they made such a spoof about a car dealership.

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

GSM will make 2/300k

Grossly overstated. The bottom numbers listed are slightly higher than the average.  There are plenty of places like salary.com that will confirm this.
The detailer number is low- the car washers make 10, but detailers are worth their weight in gold and make quite a bit more. A detailer can make the difference between a $500 car and a $3500 car. They make the margins on used cars happen, which can be crazy amounts of money at times. Used car sales are stronger than ever.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
\

because satire = validation?

Here, same guy is making fun of Christmas.  Wonder why they would spoof that?

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

\

because satire = validation?

Satire only works if there is an element of truth to it.

Would the same spoof work for fucking Burger King?

Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
sounds like a bunch of managers in here.  those who cant do , manage  .too bad the guys who know it all cant do it all

I guess you have it all figured out. Send your resume to all the Fortune 500 companies out there, I'm sure you are worth every penny those guys make.

The reason I have my job and the other people don't is because they can't do what I do.  Get over your self.

Very well put
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
\

The thing is, what Poink is bitching about is the alledged "fucking" of the customer.

The "fucking" of the customer comes from the customer a) not being prepared and b) not willing to walk away.

Case in point: A few years ago, my mom saw a Saturn Vue and decided "I want that." So we go down to Saturn and Buddy van Dude-o wants to give my pops a $26K(remember, Saturn did no-haggle) Vue and give us $850 for our 1994 Ford Aerostar that had the beginnings of the oil pan rust out.

So my dad mulls it over and finally says "Fuck that" goes to the Chev dealer, we looked at a few Blazers, did some crunching, and finally got a nice 2000 Blazer in the spring of 2003.

IIRC, some Carmax stores are attached to new car stores, don't 100% quote me on this.

Buying cars in a Walmart model ain't going to work.  Why? Because(and I know this, cause I work in sales) there are customers who want something for next to nothing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#45]
double tapped it
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
\

Because of people like you not doing their homework and getting fucked so hard. These guys can see a sucker coming a mile away and not doing your research is your own fault. These guys work on commission so of course they will take you to pound town if youre a noob. If all you want to do is cry about it call/email the internet salesman they will give you a price under sticker typically and dont really negotiate because they arent on commission. The deal they give might leave you chaffing but its not as brutal as the other salesmen. But to get a real deal; Im sorry you will have to do some leg work and go through the commission guys.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
One of my childhood friends added me on LinkedIn and it appears he is now a GM of a fairly large Dodge dealership.

I always thought he would have wound up drinking buckets of paint for carnival sideshows, but I guess his dad let him into the family business.

At least the corporation he works for doesn't have to pay any taxes!!! That just makes things even easier when you get that nice $150 million refund check, after paying exactly $0.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Technology is a bitch some times. Everybody wants fucking NAV, Bluetooth, rear camera, cars that stop for you, cameras in the front, rear seat entertainment, 1000 way adjustable seats and heat and cool your ass, wipers that turn them self on and off, a heads up display so when the driver is not DRIVING they don't smash into the car in front of them at 75mph, and a fucking radio that comes from space.

Now some of the above are good features but when you 50 fucking computers in 1 car, over 100 miles of wires, shit is going to get pricey. Replacing any computer is pricey. So is the time it takes to figure the problem out, and the time to replace it.

Look at the gov trying to control cars like they do guns. People kill a lot of people every year with cars. All people bitch about the price of gas too. So if people would stop wanting a bunch of fucking distractions, and things that make them lazy how many less people would be killed? Now if we start removing some of the weight from cars with this seemingly useless shit what happens to the weight of the car? If the weight of the car goes down MPGs go up.

I know at least 1 person that will go out of there way to not rip you off. That person would be me. I live on a budget as do the customers I work for. I will do the best I can do as long as I get paid. I'm not going to tell you that you need brakes when you don't. Come on back to the shop and I will show you that your brakes are fucking toast. 20k miles on a car less than 1 year old and it needs brakes because you were riding my ass driving down the highway this morning and didn't see me hit my brakes so I wouldn't die hitting the deer that ran in front of me.

I guess I'm trying to say don't put all the blame on the Big Auto. Look at what society has turned into.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technology is a bitch some times. Everybody wants fucking NAV, Bluetooth, rear camera, cars that stop for you, cameras in the front, rear seat entertainment, 1000 way adjustable seats and heat and cool your ass, wipers that turn them self on and off, a heads up display so when the driver is not DRIVING they don't smash into the car in front of them at 75mph, and a fucking radio that comes from space.

Now some of the above are good features but when you 50 fucking computers in 1 car, over 100 miles of wires, shit is going to get pricey. Replacing any computer is pricey. So is the time it takes to figure the problem out, and the time to replace it.

Look at the gov trying to control cars like they do guns. People kill a lot of people every year with cars. All people bitch about the price of gas too. So if people would stop wanting a bunch of fucking distractions, and things that make them lazy how many less people would be killed? Now if we start removing some of the weight from cars with this seemingly useless shit what happens to the weight of the car? If the weight of the car goes down MPGs go up.

I know at least 1 person that will go out of there way to not rip you off. That person would be me. I live on a budget as do the customers I work for. I will do the best I can do as long as I get paid. I'm not going to tell you that you need brakes when you don't. Come on back to the shop and I will show you that your brakes are fucking toast. 20k miles on a car less than 1 year old and it needs brakes because you were riding my ass driving down the highway this morning and didn't see me hit my brakes so I wouldn't die hitting the deer that ran in front of me.

I guess I'm trying to say don't put all the blame on the Big Auto. Look at what society has turned into.

good post

Poink should just go get a tent at the local occupy camp now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A GM is nothing more than a piece of shit used car salesman who hasn't been fired yet.

Wow. lol. Spoken like a once bitten twice shy salesman who's been fired in the usual salesman way. "You aren't making me money, so you're a drain. GTFO."

Nope, nice try though......truth hurts.
ASE L1 certified master technician, Toyota certified master diagnostic technician for over 25 years who has dealt with far too many GMs, F&Is, SMs, ASMs etc...etc...

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top