Author
WAAAAAY back and...GONE!
Posted: 3/24/2013 9:57:36 PM
I keep seeing ads for Retaliation, and it looks like The Rock is trying to help out the Joes after Cobra takes over the country.

Didn't they already make this one with Bruce Willis? I saw the ads for this online like 2 years ago. What the fuck is going on here?
"Do not be fooled by a belief that leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not...they hate guns in the hands of those whom they have slated for a barrel to the back of the ear."

-- Stanislav Mishin
rsj
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 9:58:47 PM
[Last Edit: 3/24/2013 9:59:15 PM by rsj]
motown_steve
WAAAAAY back and...GONE!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:00:34 PM

Originally Posted By rsj:
This > all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL1q9JPpNes

You don't know either. Got it.
"Do not be fooled by a belief that leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not...they hate guns in the hands of those whom they have slated for a barrel to the back of the ear."

-- Stanislav Mishin
JacksSmirkingRevenge
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:01:00 PM
Too many.
JA_Magnum
Just walk away, and we will spare your lives.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:02:24 PM
I think it's just the 2. But yeah the sequel has had previews going for a loooong time.
felrom
Fighting Naturalist
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:05:18 PM
They delayed the release and either refilmed some parts are filmed some more to add to it. It apparently stunk too bad to make its original release, even by Hollywood's current standards.
Join the NRA, and donate to the NRAILA: https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/secure/donate.aspx

Are you working to make a difference, or just posting on the internet? Get involved!
RandomGuy1911A1
Weighted Companion Cube
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:06:14 PM
Two live action and a few animated. G.I. Joe: Resolute was my favorite.

93Nighthawk
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:06:52 PM
Originally Posted By felrom:
They delayed the release and either refilmed some parts are filmed some more to add to it. It apparently stunk too bad to make its original release, even by Hollywood's current standards.

and they had to make it 3-D so it would be better.

Same movie that was suppose to be out last year about this time, and they pulled it at the last second.
cedjunior
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:09:21 PM
Originally Posted By motown_steve:
I keep seeing ads for Retaliation, and it looks like The Rock is trying to help out the Joes after Cobra takes over the country.

Didn't they already make this one with Bruce Willis? I saw the ads for this online like 2 years ago. What the fuck is going on here?
There will be 2 live action movies. First was "Rise of Cobra" in 2009, the upcoming "Retaliation" will be the 2nd movie. The Rock and Bruce Willis are both in "Retaliation".

Matt_Krush
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:17:43 PM
Originally Posted By JA_Magnum:
I think it's just the 2. But yeah the sequel has had previews going for a loooong time.

They re-wrote the sequel after it was finished.

The original story of the sequel had Chaning Tatum's (whatever his name is) character die. Soon after the movie was completed Tatum's career looked very prosperous and lucrative, so they re-wrote the movie and re-shot scenes to keep Tatum's character available for a 3rd...to capitalize on more revenue with name recognition.

Not a Joe dork, but I know a guy that was an extra in the movie shoot and so I got the low down on why it took forever to release.....my kid likes the movie, he's 11...and my daughter is in love with Tatum..she's 14.
Dark, Dark days ahead....
tac45
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:20:41 PM
Guy is the worst actor ever. I HATE that he is in it. Only reason I will see it is because I ate and slept gI Joes as a kid.

Originally Posted By Matt_Krush:

The original story of the sequel had Chaning Tatum's (whatever his name is) character die. Soon after the movie was completed Tatum's career looked very prosperous and lucrative, so they re-wrote the movie and re-shot scenes to keep Tatum's character available for a 3rd...to capitalize on more revenue with name recognition.

Not a Joe dork, but I know a guy that was an extra in the movie shoot and so I got the low down on why it took forever to release.....my kid likes the movie, he's 11...and my daughter is in love with Tatum..she's 14.

BigPapaColt
Push it
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:22:09 PM
I bet the Rock does it up good, I've liked a couple of his movies
How can I be lost......When I have no place to go
RolandBozz
Mr. McGibblets
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:24:30 PM
This movie was supposed to come out last year. In the original Duke (channing tatum) is killed early on. When they were doing test screenings of the movie the were finding that people really like Channing Tatum and didn't like that he had such a small role and was killed early. On top of that it was originally going to be released around the same time as the Magic Mike movie also starring Channing Tatum. The movie makers were scared that they would lose money on this movie because more women would go see him in Magic Mike and they wanted their business. So they delayed it to film new scenes with him in the movie and give him a bigger role.
RolandBozz
Mr. McGibblets
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:26:06 PM

Originally Posted By tac45:
Guy is the worst actor ever. I HATE that he is in it. Only reason I will see it is because I ate and slept gI Joes as a kid.

He was funny in 21 Jump Street

madmedic
Huh?
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:28:23 PM
"How many GI Joe movies have there been?"

Simple equation:

X = Number of GI Joe movies.
If X is greater than 0
X = Too many GI Joe movies.
WITH....a HERRING!

N2CH_556
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:28:45 PM
This > all

Came here to post this. Actually was gonna post, "One. The 1987 animated film."
tfod
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:31:22 PM
[Last Edit: 3/24/2013 10:31:41 PM by tfod]
This > all

1st reply / thread
macman37
The One Man Wrecking Machine
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:33:15 PM
None worth watching so far.

I loved Joe in the 80s. The first movie was awful.
Let's Go Red Wings!

Beautifying the world one logo at a time since 1993.

Ronin graphic design expert.

Soli Deo Gloria
RandomGuy1911A1
Weighted Companion Cube
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:42:11 PM
Originally Posted By macman37:

Resolute was pretty good. It was a darker take on the series, and Joes/Cobras were actually able to hit their targets! It was kind of anime-ish in art style so I guess some people would frown upon that, though.
helogene
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:46:20 PM
Originally Posted By JacksSmirkingRevenge:
Too many.

THIS!!!
An ARMED SOCIETY is a POLITE SOCIETY!
Sealy
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:49:37 PM
hwj_chim
Viking Power
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:50:28 PM
I always liked the movie from the 80s

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows"
Heinz Guderian
ARFCOM callsign Panzer
macman37
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 10:55:50 PM
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:
Originally Posted By macman37:

Resolute was pretty good. It was a darker take on the series, and Joes/Cobras were actually able to hit their targets! It was kind of anime-ish in art style so I guess some people would frown upon that, though.

Big Resolute fan... I saw it before the movie came out and was hoping for something as well done. I was disappointed.

That year was awful for raping beloved childhood characters... Wolverine was terrible as well.
Let's Go Red Wings!

Soli Deo Gloria
macman37
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 11:04:15 PM

Huh. I really don't care about Tatum (his time in the first movie was spent flexing his jaw muscles and not acting) but he played Duke. You can't kill Duke no matter who plays him.

The first movie was rife with issues like this too. They really need to nail it this time or they might as well not do a third movie. They should have thrown a Conex full of money at Michael Bay and had the Transformers writers do the script.
Let's Go Red Wings!

Soli Deo Gloria
Thai_tj
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/24/2013 11:04:52 PM
Retaliation was supposed to come out last year but audiences liked Channing Tatum so much that the producers pulled the film right before the release & re-did the movie. (Original release was scheduled after Magic Mike). In the original, Duke was supposed to have died in the attack against the Joes. In this one, he doesn't die (as far as I know) & they gave him a bigger role. Most of the trailers look the about same as the ones from last year but more Duke.