Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2013 4:21:14 PM EDT
so how long does it take for a body disappear in the ground? hundreds, thousands of years? more??
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
About 87 years.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
so how long does it take for a body disappear in the ground? hundreds, thousands of years? more??

Too many variables.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at the dinosaurs...In your gas tank
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Would depend on conditions. Is the soil dry or wet and acidic ? Is the temp sub-zero year round ? Just no way to determine without all the parameters.

ETA: If you are trying to hide dead hookers I recommend the commercial chipper shredder discharging into the deep ocean.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
How bad do they want to find it
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The dinosaurs are in museums.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Why do you ask?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Depends on how closely you stack the dead hookers under your house.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#11]
IBTA

In Before The Arrest
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#12]
What did you do.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#13]
The body farm isn't too far from me here in Knoxville. The wife took a few classes from Dr. Bass and knows him pretty well.
There are all kinds of things that can delay or speed up the decay process. The climate you live in, the acidity level of the ground. All sorts of things.
Bones will take some time, but all sorts of critters speed it up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Plants are not dinosaurs.  Petroleum comes from microscopic plant life that had been mixed with sand or other sediments, preventing oxidative decomposition.

You were lied to if someone said petroleum is from dinosaurs.  Sure, some of the sediments were laid down during the time of the dinosaurs but there wasn't enough dinosaurs in any area to make such deposits.  

Coal is similar but instead of microscopic plant life, it was macroscopic plant life, preserved in acidic bogs much like peat.  Or anoxic swamps.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Did the hooker have fake boobs?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Plants are not dinosaurs.  Petroleum comes from microscopic plant life that had been mixed with sand or other sediments, preventing oxidative decomposition.

You were lied to if someone said petroleum is from dinosaurs.  Sure, some of the sediments were laid down during the time of the dinosaurs but there wasn't enough dinosaurs in any area to make such deposits.  

Coal is similar but instead of microscopic plant life, it was macroscopic plant life, preserved in acidic bogs much like peat.  Or anoxic swamps.

Yeah but he has dead hookers to get rid of. Give us a good science lesson on the best way to dispose of them.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#17]
As another reply noted, it depends on environmental conditions and whether critters can get at it or not.

Once radical putrefaction has taken place it is then just a matter of breaking down bone tissue, which, obviously, can take a very long time.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Goggle body farm?  They do this kind of research.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#20]
i am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pretty damn quick when they're first run through a chipper.

Now hold on there just a sec.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#22]
What about hair, that seems to never decompose. I would just eat said person, take their hair and make extensions. Get their teeth and grind them down. Then skin them and make clothes, or at least remove their fingers and toes. Then have one of my cats eat what it could. Then I would get the bones and make furniture.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#23]
OP needs an abandoned and forgotten remote mine shaft and some Lyme.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but he has dead hookers to get rid of. Give us a good science lesson on the best way to dispose of them.  

Got some hungry hogs?

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, it depends.....

But this guy can tell you:

Dr. Bill Bass
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Acid bath.  24 hours and you're all set!
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#28]
A hectare of fine East Tennessean woodland is home to the nation’s oldest and largest open-air collection of rotting corpses.

http://www.vice.com/motherboard/the-body-farm
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Just leave top side in remote area known to be frequented by bears and other carnivorous animals. If you have access to lands inhabited by Hyenas all the better as they eat bones too. Just extract teeth first, smash with hammer and dispose of seperately and I mean each tooth someplace else.

Oh and using as shark bait works too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I think it depends on small the pieces are after you chop them up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Goggle body farm?  They do this kind of research.

Google Tibetan Sky Funeral

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You're screwed. Someone will find the body.

This.

Hey, OP, who have you done killed? Come on, fess up. This is GD and we love a good story here.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What about hair, that seems to never decompose. I would just eat said person, take their hair and make extensions. Get their teeth and grind them down. Then skin them and make clothes, or at least remove their fingers and toes. Then have one of my cats eat what it could. Then I would get the bones and make furniture.

OP, compared to a lawyer and a prison sentence muriatic acid and a plastic barrel made of either LDPE or HDPE is cheap. Though it won't work like in movies and on TV, it will take a while. Once you are down to just sludge, bones and teeth smash them up with a hammer and put them in fresh hydrochloric acid in a smaller container. The bones will be soft but you will still be able to break them up to increase surface area and speed up the reaction.

don't forget to dilute, neutralize and run the sludge through a sieve to look for anything that might be able to be traced back or to the person or would be evidence that a person was disposed of illegally. Such as gallstones, or orthopedic implants. Titanium pins, screws and implants can be burned with an acetylene torch and stainless can be melted and forged into a shape that won't be recognizable
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You're screwed. Someone will find the body.

This.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I've seen deer go from alive and kickin' to widely scattered bones and smeared stomach contents in three days.  Mid-September, hot weather, and coyotes involved.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No is necessary. Again, this is just GD being GD.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would dig up her grave and make a cage with her bones.

But I'm an excitable boy.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Am I in before the homicide/missing persons unit?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I've seen deer go from alive and kickin' to widely scattered bones and smeared stomach contents in three days.  Mid-September, hot weather, and coyotes numerous buzzards involved.

This is what I've seen on more than one occasion.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Depends.

This fellow has been here since 1996.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed

WOOOOOAH-OOHHHH YEEEEEEEEAHH-EE-YEAAAH!
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Hundreds , maybethousands of years. Bones have a habit of sticking around. Not so much for the soft stuff though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#45]
If you burn the body, remember, burned human bones fluoresce under a black light.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Hw much and are you using?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Why do you ask?

THIS is the real question....

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Honestly, the easiest way is to go during the day-time to a large cemetery in an urban area with no gate blocking its entrances...  Look around for where the full-time grave diggers are presently digging - make mental note of the location - graves are typically dug the day before the actual interment.  Come back at night, turn off headlights, drive to location with shovel & body.  Grave should be dug 5.5 to 6 feet deep - dig it down another ~2 feet or so.  Bury body, and cover up the body with dirt.  Then very neatly make sure the sides & bottom of the grave is very nice, neat, squared, and level looking.

Walk away...  Hope it doesn't show up in the news later on...  Most likely the next morning the concrete burial vault truck will arrive, they will lower a concrete burial vault down into the grave on top of your neatly dirt-covered dead hooker.  The area will be covered off with green rugs, a tent put up, and folding chairs laid out...  The casket lower device will be setup, and the funeral will arrive.  People will come & go, a casket will be lowered and sealed into the vault, the vault truck driver will drive off, the grave diggers will come in to push the dirt back in over the concrete burial vault, any extra dirt will be carted off.  The soil will be hydraulically settled, planting soil will be put over the top, and seed will be planted within ~3 or so days.

The heavy digging & burying is done for you, and you've just hidden a needle in a field of needles.

Ok, that would need a ladder, a shovel, a bucket and a good bit of work, depending on soil conditions.  Then you have the hazard of being buried alive.  

Hogs are the simple solution.  But you should pull all the teeth before feeding the body to the hogs.  Dissolve in hydrofluoric acid.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, the easiest way is to go during the day-time to a large cemetery in an urban area with no gate blocking its entrances...  Look around for where the full-time grave diggers are presently digging - make mental note of the location - graves are typically dug the day before the actual interment.  Come back at night, turn off headlights, drive to location with shovel & body.  Grave should be dug 5.5 to 6 feet deep - dig it down another ~2 feet or so.  Bury body, and cover up the body with dirt.  Then very neatly make sure the sides & bottom of the grave is very nice, neat, squared, and level looking.

Walk away...  Hope it doesn't show up in the news later on...  Most likely the next morning the concrete burial vault truck will arrive, they will lower a concrete burial vault down into the grave on top of your neatly dirt-covered dead hooker.  The area will be covered off with green rugs, a tent put up, and folding chairs laid out...  The casket lower device will be setup, and the funeral will arrive.  People will come & go, a casket will be lowered and sealed into the vault, the vault truck driver will drive off, the grave diggers will come in to push the dirt back in over the concrete burial vault, any extra dirt will be carted off.  The soil will be hydraulically settled, planting soil will be put over the top, and seed will be planted within ~3 or so days.

The heavy digging & burying is done for you, and you've just hidden a needle in a field of needles.

Dexter much?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Mt Everest? Never

The desert? Centuries unless rodents eat the bones.

THe rainforest? Months

At the Battle of the Wilderness, elements of the Union Army bivouacked near the mass graves from the Battle of Chancellorsville the year before.  Some of the bodies had been reduced to nothing but bones in a year's

time.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top