Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They are waiting to get SB-47 passed.  Once everyone has to register their guns, this topic will come back..  Why get 166k now, when you can get many more later?

"This bill would require that any person who, from
January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2013, inclusive, lawfully possessed an
assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined, and
including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be
removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, register the
firearm before July 1, 2014, with the Department of Justice.
This bill would permit the department to increase the $20 registration
fee as long as it does not exceed the reasonable processing costs of the
department. This bill would also require registrations to be submitted
electronically via the Internet utilizing a public-facing application
made available by the department. This bill would require the
registration to contain specified information,
including, but not limited to, a description of the firearm that
identifies it uniquely and specified information about the registrant.
This bill would permit the department to charge a fee of up to $15 per
person for registration through the Internet, not to exceed the
reasonable processing costs of the department to be paid and deposited,
as specified
. This
bill would require the department to establish procedures for the
purpose of carrying out those provisions and would exempt them from the
Administrative Procedure Act. This bill would also make technical and
conforming changes."

Eric  

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
166K in the entire state?  Hell, we only have 24K people in this county and I would bet a years pay we have more than that.

Sounds like the state has effectively been disarmed anyway.  Is this number real?

I guarantee you there's more than that.

Uhhh There's more people unemployed than what they're telling you.

More illegal aliens....

California supposedly has 38 million people......

Get the picture.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
These people should consider themselves fortunate they are removed from office through the ballot box. They are blatantly passing de facto unconstitutional laws. I wonder if they fully understand the war they are trying to start?

Sure they do. That's why the police are allowed to mag-dump innocent's cars without even having to explain in court.

http://i48.tinypic.com/b3phqh.jpg

The war has already started, most just don't realize it yet.

I don't think many people want to wake up to the reality of what is going on.

If the "powers that be" keep this up, I fear it is they who will have the rude awakening.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If you EVER have to decide to comply, the best answer given to the question of reason why, is "ALL LAWFUL REASONS"

(NFA)
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
HCI wish list of laws………..

http://www.skepticfiles.org/conspire/hcidoc.htm  

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
166K in the entire state?  Hell, we only have 24K people in this county and I would bet a years pay we have more than that.

Sounds like the state has effectively been disarmed anyway.  Is this number real?
That's the number of registered assault weapons, and it's accurate.

There was (and continues to be) MASSIVE non-compliance. You have no idea.

It's worse than that.  A police official from my area was hired by the DoJ to audit the registry shortly after the deadline closed.  He told me that a significant percentage of the items that ARE registered aren't required to be.  For example, one guy registered two Colt Python revolvers as AWs. Because the registration form had room for five items, some people made up stuff that doesn't exist just so the form would be completely filled out.

The real compliance rate is very, very low, and there really isn't anything the .gov can do about it.

Why would you do that though? Just makes it harder to legally transport the weapons. And impossible to sell/give to family. Why do that for a revolver or pump shotgun ect.?
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
CA spilled the beans.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the number of registered assault weapons, and it's accurate.

There was (and continues to be) MASSIVE non-compliance. You have no idea.

ETA: I love that meme... been getting a lot of mileage out of it.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They are waiting to get SB-47 passed.  Once everyone has to register their guns, this topic will come back..  Why get 166k now, when you can get many more later?

"This bill would require that any person who, from January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2013, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined, and including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, register the firearm before July 1, 2014, with the Department of Justice. This bill would permit the department to increase the $20 registration fee as long as it does not exceed the reasonable processing costs of the department. This bill would also require registrations to be submitted electronically via the Internet utilizing a public-facing application made available by the department. This bill would require the registration to contain specified information,including, but not limited to, a description of the firearm that identifies it uniquely and specified information about the registrant. This bill would permit the department to charge a fee of up to $15 per person for registration through the Internet, not to exceed the reasonable processing costs of the department to be paid and deposited, as specified. This bill would require the department to establish procedures for the purpose of carrying out those provisions and would exempt them from the Administrative Procedure Act. This bill would also make technical and conforming changes."

Eric  

It has changed again.

Ongoing thread on Calguns. SB47 will force everyone who owns a semi automatic firearm register it within a 6 month window. After that, possession of an unregistered firearm will be a felony. Registered firearms will be declared a "public nuisance" and allow for confiscation as found.
So basically registration will only exempt you from criminal punishment. Any registered semi automatic firearm found is still subject to confiscation. At least that is what I am taking from their analysis of the bill.

Well, at least I have a "get the heck out of California" date. This becomes law and I am across state lines for good by 7-1-14.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"This bill would require that any person who, from January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2013, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined, and including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, register the firearm before July 1, 2014, with the Department of Justice. This bill would permit the department to increase the $20 registration fee as long as it does not exceed the reasonable processing costs of the department. This bill would also require registrations to be submitted electronically via the Internet utilizing a public-facing application made available by the department. This bill would require the registration to contain specified information,including, but not limited to, a description of the firearm that identifies it uniquely and specified information about the registrant. This bill would permit the department to charge a fee of up to $15 per person for registration through the Internet, not to exceed the reasonable processing costs of the department to be paid and deposited, as specified. This bill would require the department to establish procedures for the purpose of carrying out those provisions and would exempt them from the Administrative Procedure Act. This bill would also make technical and conforming changes."

Eric  

It has changed again.

Ongoing thread on Calguns. SB47 will force everyone who owns a semi automatic firearm register it within a 6 month window. After that, possession of an unregistered firearm will be a felony. Registered firearms will be declared a "public nuisance" and allow for confiscation as found.

So basically registration will only exempt you from criminal punishment. Any registered semi automatic firearm found is still subject to confiscation. At least that is what I am taking from their analysis of the bill.

Well, at least I have a "get the heck out of California" date. This becomes law and I am across state lines for good by 7-1-14.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eric  

It has changed again.

The end game is still the same, which is eventual confiscation of all registered weapons.

Eric  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top