Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2013 9:50:34 PM EDT
So I have to say thanks to the Paleo thread and Yekimak for the idea of Meatza.  Basically it is pizza with a meat crust.  I did learn a few things while cooking this.  Namely, make sure you have a large enough pan to contain the grease until you can get it drained.  The missus (who shall not be pictured) does not like grease fires...

That said, I give you Meatza...

Hamburger Crust w/ Basil, Oregano, Parsley, and garlic
Tomato Sauce
Cheese
Green Pepper, Onion, Olive, and Bacon
Pepperoni

DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY!

Pictured with a CRKT Ringed Razel knife...

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
This is relevant to my interests

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, doesn't look appetizing.

2/10
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is relevant to my interests

I'm thinking I'm going to go 100% Alaskan on it this fall.

Moose Burger Crust
Reindeer Sausage
Bear Bacon
Maybe some smoked grouse?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The list of ingredients sounds tasty...but it just doesn't look all that appetizing.

No handgun

No long gun

No reloads

No napkin

No beverage

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Meh, doesn't look appetizing.

2/10

Quoted:
The list of ingredients sounds tasty...but it just doesn't look all that appetizing.

No handgun
No long gun
No reloads
No napkin
No beverage

Only so much you can do with cheese covered meat dude lol.  Btw, it is freaking delicious.  And also my first time making this.  Next time it'll look better.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I will try this!!!

Got my weight loss back into gear and have been cutting out most all carbs.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably the best pizza made in AK this month.

Without digging through 987 pages of paleo thread....you burn ground meat on a pan until it turns into a crust or something?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Why you would stack such a shitty salad in front of such a fantastic creation is beyond me...
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Probably the best pizza made in AK this month.

Without digging through 987 pages of paleo thread....you burn ground meat on a pan until it turns into a crust or something?

I made a crust shape on a pizza pan out of the hamburger and baked it at 350 for 30 minutes, draining the grease as it filled the pan.  After the grease was gone, wiped out the pan and put the "crust" in the oven on broil to crunchy it up.  Then top as normal.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why you would stack such a shitty salad in front of such a fantastic creation is beyond me...

Lol I just threw it on the plate.  I was hungry
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Alaska?  

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck I wish I had the Pad Thai w/ squid I left at my girlfriends house.
Fucking hungry because I've been drinking.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alaska?  

Would you prefer I put it in the ground and ferment it for a few weeks?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alaska?  

Are they not allowed to have food up there?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alaska?  

Better food then you get in VA.  Straight from the animal to the stove
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Good?  Probably?  Healthy?  WHAT?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good?  Probably?  Healthy?  WHAT?

For a high protein diet, it is relatively healthy provided its not a regular thing.  This was the first try ever on this.  Considering I ate 1/2 of what I plated, I think it did its job.  I am freaking stuffed.

Simple, dense, high protein dinner.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alaska?  

Sorry, iceberg is not food. This week I've had lamb, pork, beef, chicken.... and plenty of nice veg. Lots of kale, some collard greens. But never was iceberg presented to me as food.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No handgun
No long gun
No reloads
No napkin
No beverage

this
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alaska?  

Sorry, iceberg is not food. This week I've had lamb, pork, beef, chicken.... and plenty of nice veg. Lots of kale, some collard greens. But never was iceberg presented to me as food.

I've never actually had Kale or collard greens.  What do they taste like?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alaska?  

I've never actually had Kale or collard greens.  What do they taste like?

Like a Koala bear crapping a rainbow into your brain.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#23]
High in protein yes... Healthy NO... Red meat and bacon is really not that healthy for you. Moderation is key with that stuff. I avoid bacon and try eating red meat only once a week. FISH is high in protein and healthy.  Chicken is too depending on how you cook it.  DUDE you live in AK... Go grab some salmon
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
High in protein yes... Healthy NO... Red meet and bacon is really not that healthy for you. Moderation is key with that stuff. I avoid bacon and try eating red meet only once a week. FISH is high in protein and healthy.  Chicken is too depending on how you cook it.

I prefer to take my nutritional advice from people in GD who can't spell meat.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
High in protein yes... Healthy NO... Red meet and bacon is really not that healthy for you. Moderation is key with that stuff. I avoid bacon and try eating red meet only once a week. FISH is high in protein and healthy.  Chicken is too depending on how you cook it.

woops lol fixed it give me a break its 0315 am and I ve had a few beers
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
High in protein yes... Healthy NO... Red meat and bacon is really not that healthy for you. Moderation is key with that stuff. I avoid bacon and try eating red meat only once a week. FISH is high in protein and healthy.  Chicken is too depending on how you cook it.  DUDE you live in AK... Go grab some salmon

Again, first try with this meal.  Its going to be a rarity.

If the rivers weren't frozen solid and the salmon were running (august) I would be out fishing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Why is there grass on the plate?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And people who drink beer. Sweet Jesus.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol iam not the one on a carb diet trying to be healthy man... I am just saying if you want to eat healthy stay away from red MEAT and baon...
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol iam not the one on a carb diet trying to be healthy man... I am just saying if you want to eat healthy stay away from red MEAT and baon...

Rog. I'll stay away from meet and baon while drinking beer. Thanks for the contribution.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rog. I'll stay away from meet and baon while drinking beer. Thanks for the contribution.

again I AM not the one on a health and diet plan... Obviously if you are on a low or no carb diet you wont be drinking beer. I am no health expert BUT from what health experts have told me you should try and only eat red meat once a week and avoid bacon...  I am not looking for an argument man I am just trying to say to OP if you are trying to eat healthy then a load of bacon, ground beef and cheese isn't the best way to go.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

again I AM not the one on a health and diet plan... Obviously if you are on a low or no carb diet you wont be drinking beer. I am no health expert BUT from what health experts have told me you should try and only eat red meat once a week and avoid bacon...  I am not looking for an argument man I am just trying to say to OP if you are trying to eat healthy then a load of bacon, ground beef and cheese isn't the best way to go.

No, I agree. Baon will be the downfall of all of us.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I agree. Baon will be the downfall of all of us.

and so will beer
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I had to check out who the OP was before I clicked on this thread. Alaskan dinner pic threads usually feature fermented caribou butthole stuffed with goose neck and crisco or some shit.
Looks good, OP.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#36]
My grandfathers lived to their late 80s and they ate meat nearly every day.  They were NEVER overweight AND they smoked pipes.

They also walked at lot.  No heart disease in my family .

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My grandfathers lived to their late 80s and they ate meat nearly every day.  They were NEVER overweight AND they smoked pipes.

They also walked at lot.  No heart disease in my family .

Touche' I guess a lot has to do with you genes and family history too.  but with that being said my grandmother is pushing 90 and has been smoking a pack a day and drinks like a fish her whole life... I don't think I am going to try what she did lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#38]
0/10! No guns!
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#39]
six-bite dinner?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I had to check out who the OP was before I clicked on this thread. Alaskan dinner pic threads usually feature fermented caribou butthole stuffed with goose neck and crisco or some shit.

are you sure thats not what we are looking at here in this thread?

Seriously, I have spent some time in Alaska...they have normal food there. I know , I know, but I swear its true. I guess the arfcommers of alaska are just kinda when it comes to what they eat.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 1:52:01 AM EDT
[#41]
What, no gun. Shame on you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#42]
There are still people who believe red meat is unhealthy??

Also, don't you guys tempt me to start an Alaskan dinner thread... My freezer is full of venison, king salmon, halibut and even bags of prawns. Hopefully this month we'll be sinking the king crab pot too.

Link Posted: 3/21/2013 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There are still people who believe red meat is unhealthy??

More for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#44]
No idea what the fuck that is, but I'd eat it
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Interesting.  It's a giant pizza burger without the bun.

I'd eat it, but I doubt I'm going to make it anytime soon.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks pretty good. I made a pizza with a noodle base one time, that was pretty yummy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Could have gone far unfortunately:

- seriously no guns?
- nasty bag salad
- olives wrong color
- no hot peppers/hot sauce visible
- alcohol, where?

4/10 for pizza and finding a way to get more meat in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top