Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By BlackFox:
Lights Out is 611 pages of fine print.  It's an epic story.  It could be shoved in to a single feature-length movie, but we don't feel that will do it justice.  We'd like to do a series.  While we're sponsored/authorized by the site, I'm hesitant to post any links that involve fundraising (out of respect to the owners here).  If we hit our fundraising goal - we're making two or more feature length movies out of the story.  See our website for more information

- Travis Fox (Exec Producer)

Excellent!
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
In and done.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gripy:
I don't think I saw a FAL in that teaser.   Karate Man uses a FAL.

Time - give us some .  We're still trying to figure out whether Karate Man could transition to a Larue OBR in 7.62.  Any thoughts?  

Hell yes.

I just started reading this book for the second time.  Can't wait for the movie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Time - give us some .  We're still trying to figure out whether Karate Man could transition to a Larue OBR in 7.62.  Any thoughts?  

I thought you were trying to be as true to the story as possible?

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Benefactor:

This! Stay with the FAL!

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Bump.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Eric802:
Originally Posted By d_c:

This! Stay with the FAL!

OBR wasn't out when the book was written. He'd rather have an OBR.

To the pit!!

Okay, we are staying true to the story.  Mark will have a 1911. Is the FAL a deal-breaker?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Fantastic book, read it three times.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ZeroTolerance:
Fantastic book, read it three times.

Grumpy cat says you haven't read it enough .  Keep reading!
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
It's got to be a FAL.  Where are you going to find a "FrankenLarue?"
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NOMAAM:
It's got to be a FAL.  Where are you going to find a "FrankenLarue?"

Mark says 1594
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Very cool!!!

Read it on line a couple of years ago, enjoyed it very much.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Funny, I just borrowed the book from my brother yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome! I'm in full support of this, and I can't wait to see it!
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dpmmn:

Originally Posted By NOMAAM:
It's got to be a FAL. Where are you going to find a "FrankenLarue?"

Mark says 1594

You do know that the name Mark and OBR kind of go together

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Rob762:

Heresy!

Exactly....Franken FAL FTW!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#22]
In!.......and tagged!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#23]
You guys rock!  Just wanted to say thanks for all the good words and the great launch last night.  Let's keep it going!  

So far I think the OBR votes have it
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By smokiexd45:
Awesome! I'm in full support of this, and I can't wait to see it!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool. I remember seeing the threads but I never read much of it.

I just ordered a paperback copy from Amazon. I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Tagorama

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:44:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ultramagbrion] [#28]
Glad to see this project moving forward I was one of the first to buy the book when it came out .

I ordered one of the autographed copies , # 30 , and screamed through it .....great read !

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1126225_Lights_Out_by_Halffast___aka___David_Crawford___now_in_print.html

I hope to be in a position to help out with some $$$ soon ! Best wishes in your endeavors to bring this story to the big screen!!

ETA: The timing of this couldnt be better with the way everyone is so concerned with our country's future .

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By ultramagbrion:

Glad to see this project moving forward I was one of the first to buy the book when it came out .

I ordered one of the autographed copies , # 30 , and screamed through it .....great read !

Just checked my signed copy as I didn't recall each being numbered.   #42  

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By nobodyg17:
movie series

Explain further.

Lights Out is 611 pages of fine print.  It's an epic story.  It could be shoved in to a single feature-length movie, but we don't feel that will do it justice.  We'd like to do a series.  While we're sponsored/authorized by the site, I'm hesitant to post any links that involve fundraising (out of respect to the owners here).  If we hit our fundraising goal - we're making two or more feature length movies out of the story.  See our website for more information

- Travis Fox (Exec Producer)

Oh, I know that Lights Out is a novel.  I read it online and loved it.   When it came out in print I bought 4 copies to hand out to friends.  

I was hoping you meant that it was going to be a series as like you say it needs more time to tell such a story.  

You are allowed to change from the FAL to the OBR as long as you do not mess up Gunny in any way whatsoever.      We will be watching!  
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Empty mag in the gun considering the hammer is cocked and safety off?

Related to ot ... I loved the book and have passed it around to a couple friends who have in turned purchased their own so they can keep reading it. I would love to see a true to book movie/series made and plan on donating at next paycheck.

Good luck and I sincerely hope this series comes about.

Oh ... one more vote for LaRue OBR, but there should be a fal predominately elsewhere considering how often it was mentioned in the book.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Paulup:
Post up if you start a kick starter or something. Loved the book, movie series would be awesome.

Copy and past the first link in the OP's sig
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Glad this is being made.  If done right, (holding to the book) this movie will be epic.

It will be the best SHTF movie ever!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#35]

You guys rock!  Just wanted to say thanks for all the good words and the great launch last night.  Let's keep it going!  

Enough of this OBR nonsense (no offense ML). Mark Turner used an FAL! If you are will to change this part of the story, what else are you willing to change to make it cooler?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#36]

I'd like to see the FAL remain.
The whole line regarding the FAL would be changed.
Mark wouldn't be able to get an OBR from his friends with the gun shop for safe keeping and a wink for one thing, another would be stocking cheap mags. I know, I know nick picking.
I think keeping the diversity of arms is one of the really appealling aspects of the book, the sheriff has an M1A, the one couple on the access trail have a lever action cowboy gun, it resonates real time survival, not a Rawlins' account of a semi-paramilitary group that's been prepping for decades.

Just my .02....
I'm looking forward to the release.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Eric802:
Originally Posted By d_c:

This! Stay with the FAL!

OBR wasn't out when the book was written. He'd rather have an OBR.

To the pit!!

Okay, we are staying true to the story.  Mark will have a 1911. Is the FAL a deal-breaker?

Mark going to be played by.....Mark LaRue?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By CTRob65:

Empty mag in the gun considering the hammer is cocked and safety off?

Related to ot ... I loved the book and have passed it around to a couple friends who have in turned purchased their own so they can keep reading it. I would love to see a true to book movie/series made and plan on donating at next paycheck.

Good luck and I sincerely hope this series comes about.

Oh ... one more vote for LaRue OBR, but there should be a fal predominately elsewhere considering how often it was mentioned in the book.

Full mag , empty chamber IIRC

And stick with the FAL to stay truthful to the book . . . . . maybe a DSA para

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#39]
No FAL?

What the heck, make the bad guys a band of gay gypsies while you're at it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Falcon09:

Enough of this OBR nonsense (no offense ML). Mark Turner used an FAL! If you are will to change this part of the story, what else are you willing to change to make it cooler?    

Apparently I need to learn to poke fun at people a little better .  No more jokes about the FAL
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Loved the book. Can't wait for the movies.

But, please, have some fun. I expect the find ARFCOM easter eggs hidden throughout the movie.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Never heard of it. What's it about?

It's about that time you were pooping at work and I came along and shut the lights off on you so you wouldn't know how well you wiped.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#43]
FrankenFal should stay.  OBR should be in the ranch armory.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#44]
In!  I read it online several years ago before it went to print.  It was excellent.   I need to order the actual book and read it again.  I hope the movie is as good as the book.  Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:34:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DSA-16-5] [#45]
This was great on line a few years ago! Order went out to amazon for the paper back two weeks ago now reading it agin. Ready for the movie!    Gary       IN FOR 50 $
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#46]
I'll contribute.

Edit - In for $300 I'm #4 of 400 for the Freedom package.. My contribution brought the total up to $2,161 out of the $175K needed.

I was #5
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:21:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mw365] [#47]
Originally Posted By GVShooter:

Then again, the movie is never as good as the book

ETA: Wish you had a contribution between $50 and $300 that included the DVD and a book (maybe autographed, but not necessary).
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By mw365:

ETA: Wish you had a contribution between $50 and $300 that included the DVD and a book (maybe autographed, but not necessary).

We may add other contribution levels in the future, and we will always give you the option to upgrade if another package comes out that you like
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#49]

We may add other contribution levels in the future, and we will always give you the option to upgrade if another package comes out that you like

I'm with mw365 on this - there should be a level with a signed book that isn't $1000.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Undefined:

I'm with mw365 on this - there should be a level with a signed book that isn't $1000.

Well, the thinking was that (a) you can get a signed book at any time from survivalmonkey, and (b) most of our fans already have a book, and didn't want another one.  This is one we really struggled with.  We are looking in to a special edition (movie cover) copy of the book, and may have info on that in a few months.  

As you can imagine, it's incredibly difficult coming up with packages that appeal to everyone!  Sorry if we didn't hit the ideal one for you out of the gate.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top