Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I say what I want.  I don't care anymore if someone wants to call me racist.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was impressed by how professional the workers in the Philadelphia airport looked, I knew it had to be a great place.

That is quite possibly the most God awful airport in the nation. I have flown into Third World shithole airports that are cleaner and better run than that place.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I can remember watching an Atlanta City Council meeting in which the discussion was centered around the ramifications of "urban re-gentrification". In other words, they were worried about how to handle all the white folk moving back into the city.

roy d...one can imagine how that would scare the political bosses.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
you forgot NOLA.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
WaWa has great sandwiches

I came to post this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What we need to do is start ending all the assistance and then they will be so busy with work that they won't have time for this bullshit or they will die off.

Ultimately, that is the bottom line. Idle minds and bodies, regardless of race, lead to trouble. I think many of these problems would evaporate if people had to budget more time in sustaining themselves rather than concocting the idiotic bullshit and criminal behavior that menaces us all.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What we need to do is start ending all the assistance and then they will be so busy with work that they won't have time for this bullshit or they will die off.

Ultimately, that is the bottom line. Idle minds and bodies, regardless of race, lead to trouble. I think many of these problems would evaporate if people had to budget more time in sustaining themselves rather than concocting the idiotic bullshit and criminal behavior that menaces us all.

Well Stated.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Though, in a note that would surely draw intense scrutiny if it were reversed, the theme for the 17th Ward whatevers (I didn't note their actual gang/tribe name,) whose Big Chief was the final guy in, meaning his tribe was boss tribe for this year's Super Sunday, was, and I quote, "Die pretty white woman."  Complete with well done artwork carried by the Flag Boy depicting an angry looking black guy strangling a naked white woman from behind.

To put it mildly.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This problem is at the very core of the anti-gun movement.  

It's obvious that the bulk of supposed gun violence originates in inner cities and among minorities, related to issues of poverty, racial tensions, terrible education, drugs, gangs, and a host of other urban problems.  Liberals are terrified to talk about those things, and ashamed to admit that their vaulted social engineering hasn't improved any lives, so they take the easy way out and target an object.  

They get to feel self righteous and effective without ever having to deal with any hard questions, and without ever risking themselves.  

They're cowards on every level.

Poverty is often the excuse for throwing money at the problem but what they never mention is that even though statistically there are less poor whites than minorities, in total number there are more poor whites than minorities. If poverty truly was the problem whites would outnumber blacks in prison and crime stats.

Bullseye!!!

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I read the article(yes all of it) and it was a good example of how liberally retarded inner city whites are.  

I though the article was very soft...filled with white people who would never consider defending themselves against any criminals.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing: every time in my life that I have been assaulted by a group, it has been black men who did it.

Not me. The two times I was assaulted severely where it could of ended in death it was at the hands of a group of white guys from the lily white suburbs of Long Island.

The Yancey Street Gang?

The Van Buren Boys.

The Dix Hills Mensch's?

Close, the one incident was in Commack.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actually read the whole article (4 pages).

The most telling statement is that "talking about race is considered racist".

One is only allowed to speak of black folks' race if he is praising the black person.

I have observed something over the years:

When a black family moves into a nice all-white neighborhood, the white folks are 100% OK with it.

Soon a few more black families move in and nobody is bothered.

But when the ratio gets around 25 to 30% black, the neighborhood changes and white flight occurs.

Then you get more crime, loud car radios, unkempt yards, etc.

Soon the once nice neighborhood is all black and even the good black folks move out.

I've talked with my black friends about it, and they cannot explain why it happens, but they agree that it happens.

I guess times have changed.

When I was a kid in the sixties almost all the whites moved out IN ONE SUMMER when our neighborhood got its first couple of black homeowners.  (This was Detroit.)

There were so many for sale signs up that it looked like election season for god's sake.

Where did you grow up Rdak?  The same happened in my neighborhood in Detroit. It's so bad I'm afraid to even go back the neighborhood I roamed freely and withput supervision as a child. Even if I did go back, why? The entire nice little neighborhood is nothing but burnt out homes, empty lots, and crack houses now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing: every time in my life that I have been assaulted by a group, it has been black men who did it.

Not me. The two times I was assaulted severely where it could of ended in death it was at the hands of a group of white guys from the lily white suburbs of Long Island.

The Yancey Street Gang?

The Van Buren Boys.

Sure it wasn't the "Bowery Boys" ??

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I lived with a bunch of Long Island guys in my college dorm, it was like living in the money house at the zoo. I had a knife pulled on me by some giant roided out Long Island guy the first night I was there. Worst bunch of drunken, racist, anti Semitic morons I have ever met. I would seriously consider spending a week in our local jail before having to live with those guys again for a week.

Definitely sounds like Long Islanders.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:03:19 AM EDT
[#17]
The only lesson to take from this is that any attempt, no matter how mild, to present a more balanced viewpoint on race relations will be met with instant condemnation from the powers that be. Whites are the villain, and anyone who challenges that narrative will get the Alinsky treatment.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:06:45 AM EDT
[#18]
My brother went to college in downtown ATL. He had to take Marta there from Roswell. Said he was scared as hell everytime he went down there cause the crime was horrible. While he was still attending that school there was a major local news event where a white kid who went to the same school was mugged and then murdered.

Yeah, I HATE being near downtown ATL and most cities for that matter.

ATL is like 3 separate cities btw.

There is Buckhead which is really nice and affluent, midtown which is alright, and downtown which is hell.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:14:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Move.

eta: I was a minority when I was in college, and have seen enough to last a lifetime about "tolerance' by the majority.

I currently lived in an area that I'm still a minority...but it's a much less threatening group of people that make up the majority now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:59:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's obvious that the bulk of supposed gun violence originates in inner cities and among minorities, related to issues of poverty, racial tensions, terrible education, drugs, gangs, and a host of other urban problems.  Liberals are terrified to talk about those things, and ashamed to admit that their vaulted social engineering hasn't improved any lives, so they take the easy way out and target an object.  

They get to feel self righteous and effective without ever having to deal with any hard questions, and without ever risking themselves.  

Poverty is often the excuse for throwing money at the problem but what they never mention is that even though statistically there are less poor whites than minorities, in total number there are more poor whites than minorities. If poverty truly was the problem whites would outnumber blacks in prison and crime stats.

Bullseye!!!

- georgestrings

Poverty is part of a mix of causes, not a singular reason.  Poor kids in urban areas, who know that the education offered to them won't raise them out of their situation, will tend to partake in other ways to become "successful".  In heavily concentrated areas (as opposed to white rural and suburban), those opportunities are right outside their door.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:00:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One is only allowed to speak of black folks' race if he is praising the black person.

When a black family moves into a nice all-white neighborhood, the white folks are 100% OK with it.

But when the ratio gets around 25 to 30% black, the neighborhood changes and white flight occurs.

Soon the once nice neighborhood is all black and even the good black folks move out.

I've talked with my black friends about it, and they cannot explain why it happens, but they agree that it happens.

I guess times have changed.

When I was a kid in the sixties almost all the whites moved out IN ONE SUMMER when our neighborhood got its first couple of black homeowners.  (This was Detroit.)

There were so many for sale signs up that it looked like election season for god's sake.

I'm sure the neighborhood retained its safe, charming qualities after all the racist tree-honkeys moved out...right?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:03:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Culture.  It's as simple as that.  I do sympathize with the 3% of good folks though.

Those "bad folks" are fully enabled and defended by good people. They are as guilty of the soft bigotry of low expectations as anyone else.

Thats why asian communities are differant. They have higher standards for themselves and their families.

Its the old crabs in a bucket analogy. Until that changes nothing will change.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

There are some Asian neighborhoods in Stockton, CA, that are as bad as any ghetto.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:04:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived with a bunch of Long Island guys in my college dorm, it was like living in the money house at the zoo. I had a knife pulled on me by some giant roided out Long Island guy the first night I was there. Worst bunch of drunken, racist, anti Semitic morons I have ever met. I would seriously consider spending a week in our local jail before having to live with those guys again for a week.

Definitely sounds like Long Islanders.

I want to Ft. Schuyler.  My class was 90% Long Island kids.  Your description is spot on.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:11:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to UPENN for undergrad.  They're not bad.

build em yourself can't be beat!

no you really cannot.  I can make a good sandwich, but there is just something about a WaWa's hoagie

I have lived in the Philly and the Philly area my entire life...WAWA does not have good hoagies. They are tasteless and the rolls are doughy. Sorry...
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:21:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullseye!!!

- georgestrings

Poverty is part of a mix of causes, not a singular reason.  Poor kids in urban areas, who know that the education offered to them won't raise them out of their situation, will tend to partake in other ways to become "successful".  In heavily concentrated areas (as opposed to white rural and suburban), those opportunities are right outside their door.  

Bull. In the cities they know all about the opportunities presented to them just because of the color of their skin. They not only know about them and use them but also often take advantage of them. The culture is the problem, a kid who takes the money offered to send them to college and blows it on a 20 year old piece of shit Honda with 3000 dollar rims or uses the money to buy drugs and sell them is respected while the kid who tries to better himself is ridiculed. Lack of money is the last reason for the problem.

As for whites having opportunities right outside their door. Take a look at where all the offices that offer "help" are located. They aren't in the poor rural white areas but they really are next door in the ghettos.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:47:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm white and I went to Temple University in North Philly.

There is nothing shocking in that article.

Yup. Grew up in North Philly. My area was a melting pot. West of me all black. Go there to play basketball, get into fights because I was white. East of me was fishtown. Go there and get into fights because I wasn't white enough. That was an all white neighborhood but I was not from there and they knew it. North of me there were a lot of Puerto Ricans. Fight them just because they all thought they were golden glove champs working in chop shops. And finally south of me was South Philly. Damn Guido's or however you spell it.

It was interesting to say the least. Now I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by corn. Couldn't be happier
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bullshit

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:57:09 AM EDT
[#28]
After Katrina hit, ads were up from national chains offering 15$/hr+ for people wanting to work at Mcdonalds, Wendy's etc etc. as they couldn't find people to work.

They'd rather cry 'poor me, give me money'' than get paid 15/hr to flip burgers.

My first job was @ $4.25/hr..... and these people had opportunities to get their first jobs at TRIPLE that, and still turned it down.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never mind "hasn't improved any lives," the social welfare system in this country has made people's lives worse.

It has taken solvable problems and set them in stone.

Look at any "bad neighborhood" in any city in the country, and you'll see countless examples of self-destructive behavior that is abetted and encouraged by the welfare state.

I saw it throughout most of my career, which is why it pisses me off when I hear libs going on about how much they want to "help people."

They don't want to help people, they want to jerk themselves off about how socially conscious and morally superior they are.

What no one will say is the "liberals" want to keep the poor DEPENDENT on gub'mint handouts just like a drug dealer wants to keep his customer hooked.  Just enough to keep them voting for the hope of more of the same but never enough of anything to become self sufficient.  The radical left has done more to keep the poor and minorities down than anything ol' Jimmmy Crow could have ever thought up....

It's a good point.   This is almost as the slave traders who used to sell their own to Europeans traffickers.   Now they keep them totally dependent and use the race as a factor.   For some reason african-americans are quite more sensitive to that.   I do not see Chinese running around blaming whites for what they went through during the railroads expansion.   Many were brought here and treated in conditions not much different than the Africans, if not worse.  

Interesting article:

http://m.guardiannews.com/world/2009/nov/18/africans-apologise-slave-trade

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Dam up the Delaware River,flood the entire city and fill it with bass would be a good start
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:21:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well Stated.

Complete bullcrap. The Great Depression idled millions yet we did not have the crime rate nationwide then that we have in these inner city areas.

There is a difference.

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:23:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Was it at the Commack movie theater or the old ice skating rink? I bet it was Guido's in an Iroc Camaro if it happened in Commack.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:37:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I grew up in Flint, MI...in a nice part of town that eventually became near ghetto.

I am convinced that the only thing that will ever help race relations is a complete reversal of all Affirmative Action, college admission biases, etc. and an end to welfare/food stamps.

Since the above will never happen in my lifetime, I moved away.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Move.

eta: I was a minority when I was in college, and have seen enough to last a lifetime about "tolerance' by the majority.

I currently lived in an area that I'm still a minority...but it's a much less threatening group of people that make up the majority now.

The great myth about 'tolerance' is that it is really forced acceptance of a entity or position by an oppressor to coerce compliance.

What it is suppossed to be is an indifference position where one is no longer polarized for or against it - but able to at least coexist with it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:57:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Did I tell you the one about the blonde long haired twelve year old kid who moved to Philthy in 1972 from Woodland Hills California?

It was me, and let me tell you that Beach Blanket Bingo meets West Side Story was not a fun date movie.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:11:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There's a reason that north Fulton County in Georgia keeps trying to secede from Fulton county as a whole. They're tired of funding the majority blacks in Atlanta proper.

http://www.vdare.com/posts/secession-in-atlanta-we-had-the-story-first

Yep, sooner than later there's going to be a fight about it. Trouble is, unless the GA Constitution as amended to have more than the current county number the only way N. Fulton could do this would to be absorbed by neighboring counties.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm getting pretty damned tired of this.

"Hey, it looks like spring is breaking. This is a really nice day."

"That's racist, you know."

Fuck that shit. Go piss up a rope.

you do have a way with words, friend....

I work in South West Philly - at night - at a job that is mostly black, in an almost completely black neighborhood.....

I'll talk openly about race and couldn't care less, but I'm lucky enough to have a black supervisor who agrees with what I say.... I'm hardly racist but don't think I'm going to hold my tongue on something because of someone's color....

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Move.

You raise an interesting point Dawn. I'm back in college now, and I'm finding a LOT of disdainful and sneery looks leveled at me by a good proportion of the black students, as well as some other stuff (doors slammed in my face...)

It's strange. You'd think we'd get to a point of detente and that would be that. But I think there is - and will be - a lot of "payback" for the perceived sleights of the past. And I've never discriminated against someone in this way.

It could get ugly.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#39]
The majority of the black population in this country is lazy and morally bankrupt.  When they can acknowledge that and make an effort to change, I'd be willing to help.

As far as I'm concerned now though, cut off the govt. tit and pick up the pieces in a few years when they get done turning on each other.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#40]
It is a lost cause. There is no fixing it in a controlled civil manner.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't give up my PC indoctrination until after high school but it was the chink in the armor that got me to start thinking for myself instead of just taking what the school taught for granted.

That's Racists.

dude, WTF? this had better be sarcasm

See what he did there?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
White flight occurs because Whites are afraid of being robbed, beaten, raped, and murdered by Blacks. Of course we know that never happens, because the media never reports it. It's nothing more than racist White paranoia!

BAM!!!!! This ^^^^^^^

Complaining about White flight is blaming the victim.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#44]
"Mayor Nutter"

What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Complete bullcrap. The Great Depression idled millions yet we did not have the crime rate nationwide then that we have in these inner city areas.

There is a difference.

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.

But facts like this are racists.  They would indicate that I, a middle class college educated employed white guy, is NOT the problem with guns in America?

Then why am I the target of their control?

Hmmm

TXL
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There is a difference.

But facts like this are racists.  They would indicate that I, a middle class college educated employed white guy, is NOT the problem with guns in America?

Then why am I the target of their control?

Hmmm

TXL
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it at the Commack movie theater or the old ice skating rink? I bet it was Guido's in an Iroc Camaro if it happened in Commack.

Neither, house party in Commack.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I can remember watching an Atlanta City Council meeting in which the discussion was centered around the ramifications of "urban re-gentrification". In other words, they were worried about how to handle all the white folk moving back into the city.

roy d...one can imagine how that would scare the political bosses.

That's one way to put an end to all of this foolishness.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#49]
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/cityhall/Nutter-rips-Philly-mag-race-story-calls-for-rebuke.html

"I ask the Commission to evaluate whether the 'speech' employed in this essay is not the reckless equivalent of 'shouting, "fire!" in a crowded theater,' its prejudiced, fact-challenged generalizations an incitement to extreme reaction," Nutter wrote.

Is the mayor questioning whether this story should be protected by the 1st Amendment? And if so ... what does that mean for the magazine?

How dare a paper print something about race that he doesn't approve of!

White Knight alert!

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2013/03/06/being-called-racist/

Please no hot linking.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to UPENN for undergrad.  They're not bad.

build em yourself can't be beat!

no you really cannot.  I can make a good sandwich, but there is just something about a WaWa's hoagie

I have lived in the Philly and the Philly area my entire life...WAWA does not have good hoagies. They are tasteless and the rolls are doughy. Sorry...

This guy speaks the truth.  Wawa hoagies and sammiches in general suck.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top