Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actually read the whole article (4 pages).

The most telling statement is that "talking about race is considered racist".

One is only allowed to speak of black folks' race if he is praising the black person.

I have observed something over the years:

When a black family moves into a nice all-white neighborhood, the white folks are 100% OK with it.

Soon a few more black families move in and nobody is bothered.

But when the ratio gets around 25 to 30% black, the neighborhood changes and white flight occurs.

Then you get more crime, loud car radios, unkempt yards, etc.

Soon the once nice neighborhood is all black and even the good black folks move out.

I've talked with my black friends about it, and they cannot explain why it happens, but they agree that it happens.

I guess times have changed.

When I was a kid in the sixties almost all the whites moved out IN ONE SUMMER when our neighborhood got its first couple of black homeowners.  (This was Detroit.)

There were so many for sale signs up that it looked like election season for god's sake.

In school when they taught us about the 60's and the civil rights movement to add some familiarity to the lesson they showed a local news video from then of a woman interviewed in the city by the news talking about how terrible it was that blacks were moving into the neighborhood and how the neighborhood was going to be riddled with crime. The video was to teach us the evils of racism and show a stereotypical racist white person so we could see what blacks had to face. I made the mistake of remembering a recent news story about how bad crime was in that neighborhood after a some big murder, so I innocently mentioned that I knew that neighborhood because that murder occurred there. I did it without even thinking of the implications I just blurted it out.

I caught a ton of PC shit for it from the teacher and all my other classmates. I really felt bad, like I was some terrible racist for even noticing that the neighborhood was just in the news. I didn't even make the connection until everyone else brought it up. It was kind of life changing, I didn't give up my PC indoctrination until after high school but it was the chink in the armor that got me to start thinking for myself instead of just taking what the school taught for granted.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I didn't give up my PC indoctrination until after high school but it was the chink in the armor that got me to start thinking for myself instead of just taking what the school taught for granted.

That's Racists.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Liberal white guilt welfare has created the 3rd world class in this country amongst the poor. And blacks are probably over represented. And just like 3rd world countries, there are do-gooders that come in to feed the poor population so that they can churn out more children that they cannot care for.

Policies, laws, education should have a goal of depopulation in those areas so that familes become small enough that the parents can actually afford to take care of their own kids. But instead we are funding the bad behavior and the people in power are doing it to buy votes. That's their base for the most part.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This problem is at the very core of the anti-gun movement.  

It's obvious that the bulk of supposed gun violence originates in inner cities and among minorities, related to issues of poverty, racial tensions, terrible education, drugs, gangs, and a host of other urban problems.  Liberals are terrified to talk about those things, and ashamed to admit that their vaulted social engineering hasn't improved any lives, so they take the easy way out and target an object.  

They get to feel self righteous and effective without ever having to deal with any hard questions, and without ever risking themselves.  

They're cowards on every level.

Poverty is often the excuse for throwing money at the problem but what they never mention is that even though statistically there are less poor whites than minorities, in total number there are more poor whites than minorities. If poverty truly was the problem whites would outnumber blacks in prison and crime stats.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One is only allowed to speak of black folks' race if he is praising the black person.

When a black family moves into a nice all-white neighborhood, the white folks are 100% OK with it.

But when the ratio gets around 25 to 30% black, the neighborhood changes and white flight occurs.

Soon the once nice neighborhood is all black and even the good black folks move out.

I've talked with my black friends about it, and they cannot explain why it happens, but they agree that it happens.

Probably a lot of truth there and I can't explain it, either.

Incidentally white flight isn't just something that occursjust  because the people moving in are black. It also occurs when trashy whites move into a neighborhood. What often starts it is when a couple of rental homes or apartment complexes in the area go section 8.

I have a friend that just bailed out of a neighborhood after a nearby apartment complex went section 8.
I asked him if the apartment complex had a lot of blacks move in and he said not really. It was mostly trashy whites.

exactly
it isn't due to the race of the new comers, it's due to them being trashy
but the race baiters never acknowledge that, they only see race as a factor
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't give up my PC indoctrination until after high school but it was the chink in the armor that got me to start thinking for myself instead of just taking what the school taught for granted.

That's Racists.

dude, WTF? this had better be sarcasm
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why is it black people can say "that's how our people are" but anyone else that tries to address issues such as violence with that group of people they are automatically wrong and racists just for even mentioning them as a group of people.

Until that group of people addresses the extreme violence in their own culture there is really nothing anyone else can do.  Violence in their culture seems to be rewarded more than punished.  So nothing is going to change.

You have to be wiling to say it and not care if you are called racist.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Talking about race is racist because the race baiters don't want you to discover the truth: that we are equals.

I learned a ton about race when I first worked in a 50/50 mixed race environment. We talked openly about race. The more we talked, the more I learned.

We're not "allowed" to discuss race because our division is a powerful wedge that the race baiters and community organizers can use against us.

Damn good post.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
It will get worse.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is it black people can say "that's how our people are" but anyone else that tries to address issues such as violence with that group of people they are automatically wrong and racists just for even mentioning them as a group of people.

Until that group of people addresses the extreme violence in their own culture there is really nothing anyone else can do.  Violence in their culture seems to be rewarded more than punished.  So nothing is going to change.

Rewarded, glamorized, and mainstreamed, via the hip hop culture. Does the NFL come to mind at all?

Not sure I follow.  An aggressive violent sport is aggressive and violent, doesn't matter who is playing.

It isn't just the hip hop culture.  It is own personal culture.  A good friend of mine is mixed and will talk about the black side of her family on welfare, ebt, stealing, scamming, stabbing people...etc. and say that is just how her people are.   Also that they will stick together, not rat on each other, and they voted for Obama simply because her people stick together.  That right there covers the problem.  The only way things will change is if it comes from inside their culture.  Anyone outside their culture will immediately be rejected.  Right now even their own people who address the culture get rejected and berated.  Bill Cosby and Allen West being two recent examples.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WaWa has great sandwiches

I went to UPENN for undergrad.  They're not bad.

build em yourself can't be beat!

I've tried my hand at cheesesteaks and Reubens.  They're not too shabby.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#12]
The solution to pollution is dilution.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm white and I went to Temple University in North Philly.

There is nothing shocking in that article.

How many times were your raped, robbed, and beaten at Temple? It's listed as the 3rd most dangerous college in the USA.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Culture.  It's as simple as that.  I do sympathize with the 3% of good folks though.

Those "bad folks" are fully enabled and defended by good people. They are as guilty of the soft bigotry of low expectations as anyone else.

Thats why asian communities are differant. They have higher standards for themselves and their families.

Its the old crabs in a bucket analogy. Until that changes nothing will change.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I absolutely agree,
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many times were your raped, robbed, and beaten at Temple?

Raped: 0
Robbed: 1 (car broken into; stereo stolen)
Beaten: 1 (assaulted by multiple black males)

Funny thing: every time in my life that I have been assaulted by a group, it has been black men who did it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny thing: every time in my life that I have been assaulted by a group, it has been black men who did it.

I was just kidding, sorry to hear that the stereotype was accurate.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I love being white. It’s a privilege.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
It's obvious that the bulk of supposed gun violence originates in inner cities and among minorities, related to issues of poverty, racial tensions, terrible education, drugs, gangs, and a host of other urban problems.  Liberals are terrified to talk about those things, and ashamed to admit that their vaulted social engineering hasn't improved any lives, so they take the easy way out and target an object.

Never mind "hasn't improved any lives," the social welfare system in this country has made people's lives worse.

It has taken solvable problems and set them in stone.

Look at any "bad neighborhood" in any city in the country, and you'll see countless examples of self-destructive behavior that is abetted and encouraged by the welfare state.

I saw it throughout most of my career, which is why it pisses me off when I hear libs going on about how much they want to "help people."

They don't want to help people, they want to jerk themselves off about how socially conscious and morally superior they are.

What no one will say is the "liberals" want to keep the poor DEPENDENT on gub'mint handouts just like a drug dealer wants to keep his customer hooked.  Just enough to keep them voting for the hope of more of the same but never enough of anything to become self sufficient.  The radical left has done more to keep the poor and minorities down than anything ol' Jimmmy Crow could have ever thought up....

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You described to a "T" my experience growing up in the burbs.  Now the burb I grew up in is more like the city my family moved away from in the 1960s.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just kidding, sorry to hear that the stereotype was accurate.

Not in Philly, but right here in Ohio, a friend of mine was severly beaten by a group of blacks, and he died a couple days later in the hospital.  It was at a party his first or second year in college.  He was on a full ride for football...and the group of guys that did it, I shit you not, said that he was "telepathicly telling them racist shit through their mind."  The funny/sad thing is, is that every one that knew him knew he wasn't racist.  hell most of his friends were black.  Then Bengals WR Chad Johnson even offered his condolences.

I was deployed when I heard about.  I remember I was calling the girl I was dating at the time told me about it when I was calling home.  I couldn't fucking believe it.  The NBP even wanted to come protest at his funeral for some reason, but then I guess they realised that he was just an innocent victim killed by a mob of racist blacks.  Such a sad story.  It pisses me off to levels you wouldn't imagine.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#21]
The neighborhood I grew up in is going down hill as a result of more blacks and white trash, back in the day it was a mostly white working class neighborhood, now most people try to avoid it if at all possible(the damn cemetery is not even safe from the thieves) and the one thing that is crystal clear to me(in the workplace) is that if you are black and show yourself willing to drop the race card then you are untouchable, everybody from the top dog on down wont mess with you for anything.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not robbed, burgled, vandalized, or uh larcenized... kind of a pet peeve of mine.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yup.

Or black women sneaking up behind and trying to kill me.

One too many experiences has taught me that being colorblind will get a white boy killed.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, if you look above at my state, you'll understand that I'm uniquely qualified to enter this discussion.

However, I'm tired of talking and hearing about this subject so I'll only provide the short version of what all of this boils down to.

No matter what society, the government, or anyone else does, it will never be enough in the minds of the blacks.
There will never be a number of apologies, amount of money, or programs of any type that will satisfy them so we truly can take the next step.

So, IMO, they're the ones who need solve their own problems and leave everybody else ALONE!

FIX YOUR OWN FUCKING PROBLEMS. EVERYBODY ELSE DOES.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not robbed, burgled, vandalized, or uh larcenized... kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Since they were never arrested, the legal definition hardly matters.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

original article is well worth the read--it's an extremely thoughtful piece.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

They get to feel self righteous and effective without ever having to deal with any hard questions, and without ever risking themselves.  

Bingo!  Well put. . .

Here's the essence of the problem . . .ironically done by a black comedian who is a big fan of Obama. . . it's not "black people" or "Hispanics" that are the problem---it's sensibility, cultural, moral---whatever you want to call it. . . No one would care if the Huxtables moved next door to you. . but jerks are jerks no matter what the skin color. . .

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not me. The two times I was assaulted severely where it could of ended in death it was at the hands of a group of white guys from the lily white suburbs of Long Island.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not me. The two times I was assaulted severely where it could of ended in death it was at the hands of a group of white guys from the lily white suburbs of Long Island.

Is it Story Time?

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it Story Time?

Can't remember much after being baseball batted in the head and having my head used as a soccer ball.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#31]
I think savage beatings of racist honkies by roving groups of Urban Youths is part of the Rich and Vibrant Culture.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I guess it depends on were you live, Our new Apartment complex in town is all Section 8 and Black. The break-ins and pan handling increased 100%.

When I get gas, I tell the dude to "Fuck Off and Get a Job" or "Go rob someone else"
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Talking about race is racist because the race baiters don't want you to discover the truth: that we are equals.

I learned a ton about race when I first worked in a 50/50 mixed race environment. We talked openly about race. The more we talked, the more I learned.

We're not "allowed" to discuss race because our division is a powerful wedge that the race baiters and community organizers can use against us.

Spot on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

what happens when the safe PPM is lower than the base pollutant and available solvent?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well, if you look above at my state, you'll understand that I'm uniquely qualified to enter this discussion.

However, I'm tired of talking and hearing about this subject so I'll only provide the short version of what all of this boils down to.

No matter what society, the government, or anyone else does, it will never be enough in the minds of the blacks.
There will never be a number of apologies, amount of money, or programs of any type that will satisfy them so we truly can take the next step.

So, IMO, they're the ones who need solve their own problems and leave everybody else ALONE!

FIX YOUR OWN FUCKING PROBLEMS. EVERYBODY ELSE DOES.

And here we go.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, historically the solution that has been applied has been incineration. Eventually things get so bad that a country is torn by civil war, or invaded by outsiders, and the non-contributors are simply eliminated.

People say it can't happen here, but that's based on the Ozzie and Harriet 1950's view of good old American sense of fair play.  When the "liberty and justice for all" way of thinking gets marginalized by politics or simple demographics, then historical human nature will raise its beastly head and African style tribalism or Balkans style cleansing will come to the forefront.

I had some hope when Clinton was forced to swallow welfare reform, but the current turd in the white house has managed to wipe most of that away and vastly increase the rolls of the "entitled."  Baring some population-reducing catastrophe, or a charismatic leader who can appeal to better nature of the entitled classes, we're fucked.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poverty is often the excuse for throwing money at the problem but what they never mention is that even though statistically there are less poor whites than minorities, in total number there are more poor whites than minorities. If poverty truly was the problem whites would outnumber blacks in prison and crime stats.

Fascinating way to look at it
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Baring some population-reducing catastrophe, or a charismatic leader who can appeal to better nature of the entitled classes, we're fucked.

I voted for Romney/Ryan, but I knew that even they didn't have the will or the political capital to fundamentally change things enough to stop the ultimate dissolution of our way of life.

A good friend of mine told me he was voting for 0bama, and doing so in order that he might be young enough when the inevitable upheaval and strife began that he would have a better chance of living through it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Black culture is vibrant and beautiful. All racial problems are cause by the whites utilizing their inherent white privilege. Inner cities are crime-ridden ghettos because the white people won't allow the blacks to rise up.

I'm sure that if we let African-Americans control their destiny without the white devil holding them back, that country would be a beautiful utopia.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
WaWa has great sandwiches

And coffee. Yummy, life-sustaining coffee. I still have one of their 64oz travel mugs somewhere.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A good friend of mine told me he was voting for 0bama, and doing so in order that he might be young enough when the inevitable upheaval and strife began that he would have a better chance of living through it.

I guess you have to respect his clearly stated, if somewhat selfish, survivalist outlook.

There is some bitter logic in pushing the pendulum over as far left as it will go, in order to accelerate the swing back.  Trouble is that it won't stop mid way or even just a little bit to the right, but will fully complete the swing.  The commies think they can pin the pendulum at the left extreme –– history shows this to be a false hope.  No matter which way it swings, the non-productive classes are in for a culling.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Tag for later reading.  As I get ready to go work a particularly obnoxious street party where any white folks who show up will be in trouble.

Please post stories from this if you see anything interesting.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Yancey Street Gang?

The Van Buren Boys.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm not racist at all. I've been in an interracial relationship 4 years. Been with more african american and spanish women than white.

But, where my Dad lives in Northeast Philadelphia basically went to shit after that 25%-30% threshold was met, then surpassed. It's not just black people, though. The spanish in the area seem to be worse at times.

His neighborhood went from no crime, minimal noise, etc. To, a man being murdered across the street, a woman being robbed at knife point across the street, cars being vandalized. Cars being hit by people parking, and the people just driving off. Car thumping at all hours of the night. . There's only 4-5 white people left on my Dad's whole block. And as someone said, even the "good" minorities are moving out.. The neighborhood as a whole is showing a change for the worse.

Idk what it is. They really want to fix the inner city, they need better social programs. And it needs to be supported/funded by the people constantly bitching about these races being able to "do better", yet expect the government to handle it, not them. If the problem affects me, and I'm so up and arms about it, I'd have no problem volunteering and contributing.

Social programs? Really? Nice of you to volunteer your money, but don't tax me.  I'd rather troublemakers be shot or thrown permanently into prison.  Don't rob me of my hard earned money just because someone else is a shit head.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#46]
I finally read the article. . . wow, it's pretty mild---and the mayor wants the author "investigated" for it? . . . . The New Dark Ages indeed. . .

Also: "programs" are not a substitute for values. . .
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#47]
This shit will continue to be like this and get worse.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#48]
No offence, but I think social programs are absolute horseshit.

They accomplish nothing except to employ a swarm of parasites who claim they are "helping" other parasites.

In fact they are nothing but enablers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Yancey Street Gang?

The Van Buren Boys.

The Dix Hills Mensch's?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tag for later reading.  As I get ready to go work a particularly obnoxious street party where any white folks who show up will be in trouble.

Please post stories from this if you see anything interesting.

Here goes:  It was far tamer than in past years, and there were actually a large number of white folks in attendance without any negative issues.  The only murder of the day was a black guy killed by a couple of other black guys.

Though, in a note that would surely draw intense scrutiny if it were reversed, the theme for the 17th Ward whatevers (I didn't note their actual gang/tribe name,) whose Big Chief was the final guy in, meaning his tribe was boss tribe for this year's Super Sunday, was, and I quote, "Die pretty white woman."  Complete with well done artwork carried by the Flag Boy depicting an angry looking black guy strangling a naked white woman from behind.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top