Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/15/2013 7:43:28 PM EDT
What is the most disturbing thing you have ever seen?

For me probably a guys head 10 feet from his body. Motorcycle accident. Visuals of any kind do not really disturb me too much but it was something I have never seen. I should say *have not disturbed me too bad yet, I have not seen much compared to some.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Wookie walking up steps
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
FLIR video from Iraq of Iraqi fisting, and then fucking a donkey.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Infant in blast area of IED, 2004.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Plane crash victims.

Not pretty.

Take my word for it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Daniel Pearl Beheading
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The thing that sticks in my mind is the video of the Chechens cutting the head off of the Russian soldier.  That still bothers me after several years when I think about it.

That one was pretty bad.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Saw a guy jump off a bridge.

Pale naked guy, red hair in a white guy afro.

He made it through about a foot or so of the 2 feet of ice on top of the river.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#9]
A mass electrocution at a Combat Engineer bridging exercise site.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Infant in blast area of IED, 2004.  

Terrible.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Worked at a funeral home.

Name it, and I've probably seen it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
This lately; people like this exist.
Louis Theroux - The Nazis
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Aftermath of a car that plowed into a woman pushing baby stroller across the road
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#14]
A gruesome motorcycle accident on I-70. The images are burned into my mind forever.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Aftermath of a car that plowed into a woman pushing baby stroller across the road

Oh Jesus. I can't post my smartass comment after that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This lately; people like this exist.
Louis Theroux - The Nazis

Lewis; stone cold pimp.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The thing that sticks in my mind is the video of the Chechens cutting the head off of the Russian soldier.  That still bothers me after several years when I think about it.

That one and Daniel Pearl were both pretty bad. They chalk up there for me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#18]
infant and toddler in a major MVA..  

haunts me to this day.    
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#19]
The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs video
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#20]
A decapitated man hanging out the side of his crashed pickup. He committed suicide by driving his truck up into the bottom of a train bridge going over the highway using the sloping earth as a ramp.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Walking on Hwy 80 in Kuwait. Dead bodies everywhere. A lot of them in pieces. The stench was horrific.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That one and Daniel Pearl were both pretty bad. They chalk up there for me.

I remember the Russian one, it enraged me more than disgusted me, made me want to kill them and I mean all of them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#23]
It's a toss up between the picture floating around 4Chan of the purple faced infant with the guys hand around its neck and 2 guys one hammer.

Both of those instances permanently changed my curiosity of the dark side of the internets.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Not because of the gore, but because of the absolute mind fucked scenario..... the muslim guy hacking away at his own back with a giant meat clever.

Why can't the human race just remove that portion of ourselves in perpetuity?.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Toss up between the trailers for the human centipede and the new evil dead trailer where she is cutting her tongue in half

I probably won't watch either movie though
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Personally, mine was being on the scene a few minutes after a guy got hit by a freight train while riding his bicycle. Freight train won.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Dead man hanging from bridge from an auto accident.  It was pretty rough
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I remember that video, one of the most disturbing things I've seen.

Four years ago I was out in my dads boat with my wife and my dad in the San Juan's, came across a body that had been in the water two weeks. Body was face down and I thought it might have been a training dummy for the coast guard, but I remember being on the bow of the boat looking down and for some reason it was seeing the toes and skin peeling off that got me the most.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Guy laying in a hospital bed.  His abdominal fascia is closed, but he has a gaping midline incision from just underneath the xiphoid to just north of the pubis.  The subcutaneous tissue is undermined laterally so basically most of that fascia is exposed.  He's intubated and mostly sedated.  I say mostly because it is my job to pack that monstrous wound with black sponge for his wound vac, and I see tears trickling from the corner of his eyes as I'm working.  Of course, no wound vac package comes for a wound that size, so we have to use a couple of packs to get the amount of sponges necessary.  There is a strange blood vessel that hangs freely in the wound, running from the subcutaneous tissue and then down in through the fascia...have to be careful of that vessel.  He's got such severe scrotal edema that his foley basically disappears
into a grapefruit sized lump of scrotal tissue stretched so tightly it
shines.  The only clue that the foley is in place is the slow
accumulation of dark urine in the bag under the bed.

At least the circumstances of the other messed-up stuff I've seen were frankly messed up.  This, though, was perpetrated under the guise of helping someone.  I decided two things that day: the first was to always have in mind, and if necessary present forcefully, the fact that 'treatment' doesn't always mean good or benign or desirable.  The second was to make sure to either have a DNR/DNI or be very clear with anyone who might be involved in making medical decisions for me what my desires are.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#30]
17 years old 50 now
Sitting on a canal bank fishing with my sisters 6 year old kid and seen a hobo fall in the water about 200 yards down stream.
Locked the kid in my truck grabbed my long handled net and took off running.
He slipped under when I was 10 feet away I thought about jumping in but the canal was cement lined.
Clear water and the look in His pleading eyes haunts me to this day.
My fear was him Taking me down with him and Jeffery being locked in a truck in Arizona Summer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Witnessed a school shooting.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Deaf girl walking into a planes propeller...
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#33]
The beheading's with dull rusty fucking knives distrub me..  I remember seeing vid of 2x Mexican guys being executed by cartel...  The first guy got off easy w/ a chainsaw...  The second guy was beheaded w/ a butter knife....Gore, sputtering, guttering blood being inhaled through the exposed throat...hacking the spine while limbs twitched...yeah fucked up.

Oh and pretty much any animal abuse or neglect vids - can't watch the real ones...

Oh and poop eating videos.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wookie walking up steps

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#35]
20 years on the Job witht the FD, lots of dead kids haunt me, along with a few disturbing corpses that died in fires. One in particular that burned to death in a car wreck, and a piece of his skull popped off like an overboiled egg, exposing brain matter.

I guess I've reached a limit, the one thing that absolutly grosses me out is those morons that mutilate themselves by putting those hoops in their ears. I can't look at them, gotta look at the floor.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#36]
MMM.

Probably that video of the mexicans cutting that dude's head off. GUURRRRRRSHHHHHH GUUUURRRGGGLLLLEEEEEE

In person... Probably a homeless dude that got smeared on the pavement by a truck.

Saw a guy lose some brain matter in a DUI crash, too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs video

That shit was pretty bad.

The video of the narco dude having his head cut off with a chainsaw is something I'm never gonna forget.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Off the top of my head:
- Apache AH-64 crash.
- Iraqi soldier shot during GW1.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Woman waited until her two kids got home from school. They were maybe four and seven, maybe five and seven. She tied an ugly, old hemp rope around the upstairs bannister and jumped. She called her husband right before she did it. He worked nearby and called the police. They got there at the same we got there and he got there. She was hanging in the middle of the living room. The kids were too young to understand it. They were looking at her body as if they were trying to figure out what mommy was doing. One of the cops got them out of there while we cut her down and worked her up. She did not live.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#40]
My ex mother-in-law naked ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#41]
12 year-old female suicide victim.  She hung herself.  I cut her down.

4 year old female who fell to her death from 14th floor while mom was slamming H.

9 year old boy beaten to death with an iron by his mother's pimp.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
12 year-old female suicide victim.  She hung herself.  I cut her down.

4 year old female who fell to her death from 14th floor while mom was slamming H.

9 year old boy beaten to death with an iron by his mother's pimp.

Shit wow.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#45]
A mother that wasn't wearing a seat belt and holding her infant. The infant became a airbag during the crash.

A dad shot his 3 children in the back of his SUV with a 44 mag.  The little boy was still in his car seat.

There was another one. A young soldier just got out of the Army and took his head off from the lower jaw up with a 7mm mag. When his parents came home the blood was coming through the ceiling.  

I saw many other grotesque manners and mechanisms of death over my career, but those stuck with me over the years. Many other suicides were similar to the soldiers, but that one ... I guess it was the anguish of the parents and how could they ever remain living in that house?  I don't really know why that one bothered me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Saw a kid get hit by a speedboat when I was 14. The boat hit him in the side of his head and I didn't see him again.

Last year I saw a man having his death throws in the middle of the street in Cambodia. Not cool to watch. It was a moto accident.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Thankfully I've never really experienced anything disturbing in person (death, gore, etc), but as a young man growing up in the internet era I've seen pretty much every 'extreme/shock' video out there. I remember one beheading video where, once the head was about half off, puke started coming out of the guy's severed esophagus. The 2 guys 1 hammer video really stuck with me, too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#48]
friends head blown across a kitchen by point blank shotgun blast.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Crime scene, 30ish single mother of two young boys under age nine. Freak broke into her home, beat her skull in with a hammer on her living room couch then raped her repeatedly. The boys were in the next room asleep. The nine year olds 911 call that morning was something I can never forget. The crime scene horrific.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

yea those vids are pretty bad. In person just nasty MVAs
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top