BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Back in '05 Dallas Parsons shot at a deputy who we ride snowmobiles with on occasion here in Ash. Co. with an SKS.  The deputy was chasing Parsons after he held a family at gun point then stole their truck.  They ended up on a desolate road and Parson started shooting at the deputy.  The deputy jumped into the woods to take cover behind some large trees and Parsons took off with the cruiser.  

It is weird for our area but seems very out of place over in Geauga.

It's not like this happens every day, and our country is filling with rats at a phenomenal pace.  It's only a matter of time until it starts spilling over to the nice areas.

Remember what lies southeast of here...322/87/422 are nice side routes between dumps like Warren and Cleveland.  

We are kind of surrounded.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
911 call is on this site

Also, if you listen to the audio, the reporter is calling the rifle an AK47.  Someone needs to post the "reporters" guide to firearms pic.

Here ya go

In the video you'll see a white van sitting at the cross street.I drive a van very similar to that one.That's where I was at just before the shooting.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What's going on in Geauga Co.?  I lived in Montville for a while in the '90's and worked in Middlefield.  It was a great quintessential small farming community.  In the past year you have had T.J. Lane, a cop shot and killed a guy with a knife in Chardon and now this?  I hope it's not Ashtabula County folks flowing into your area.  I always liked it there, just have deeper roots next door.

Nothing. Somebody from Mentor-on-the-Lake came in, and we dispatched the intruder. Move along, nothing to see here.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What's going on in Geauga Co.?  I lived in Montville for a while in the '90's and worked in Middlefield.  It was a great quintessential small farming community.  In the past year you have had T.J. Lane, a cop shot and killed a guy with a knife in Chardon and now this?  I hope it's not Ashtabula County folks flowing into your area.  I always liked it there, just have deeper roots next door.

Nothing. Somebody from Mentor-on-the-Lake came in, and we dispatched the intruder. Move along, nothing to see here.  

I think they are attracted to the Maple Syrup fumes this time of year.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious need of thread headline change. It states "they were shot at a traffic stop by a semi auto", that does not mean AR15. Also, you need to lose the Assault Rifle shit out of your vocabulary, it is incorrect to call a semi auto rifle an Assault Rifle. Get with the program, or just plain ole get out.

this.

you perpetuate their narrative when you adopt their language.

We're not going to win the war by fighting over "assault rifle" terminology.

There's a Gun & Ammo cover showing the phrase "assault rifle" from I think 1981. It's going to be hard to say that it's a media/leftist term, but that's not even the point. It seems more reasonable to ask what's so deadly about a pistol grip.

It's a far more relevant point to discuss the fact that American citizens have always had the same firearms at home as the military took to war, for our entire history, up till 1986. When they closed the full auto registry, it made it difficult/impossible for the average citizen to own his country's infantry firearm. But look at every war we've been in - the citizens have taken home the firearms that the soldiers have taken to war.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't link to the facebook page where it was identified as an "assault rifle". I put the words "assault rifle" into quotes so the intelligent among us might be fucking smart enough to discern that they are not my fucking words. Some folks are not only dense, but they can't read where I mentioned 3 times where I got the words from.
Quoted:
Actually I quoted Jokers post. Why isn't he wetting his pants and all upset? Please feel free to quote anywhere I personally insulted you the way you have me several times and use the report button.  I didn't call you out by name or question your character. I posted on an open board for all to see, using the word "fuck" to get across my mild annoyance. You very rudely jump down my throat reading a post directed at all posters. You need to calm down because your anger shows your character clearly. Are you going to threaten to beat me up now?

So you only "...quoted Jokers post." And none of your vitriol was directed at me?
Quoted:
Not all this post was directed you so take a pill and relax.
 Disingenuous much?  Your failure to link a Facebook page and the article initially just calling it a "semi-auto" (before their edit) was not my fault and you better believe I'll respond to a rude post with my quote as the object, or even a portion of, said rudeness.  I'm not pissed, I just won't stand idly by when it's directed at me.  

Why the hell would I report you or threaten to beat you up?  This is ridiculous.  You probably didn't intend for it to read as bad as it did and I probably overreacted to posts on the net.  Sorry about that.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#7]
WTAM Radio news using the term "assault rifle" in their news breaks.

ETA WHLO too
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#8]
69, he smells of someone that is always right and he'll call you out because he thinks he's never wrong, so I wouldn't get all worked up over him.

Who the hell puts a compensator and red dot on a Mosin Nagant? batmanacw, that's who. I don't need to go back and forth with someone that obviously has fudd on the brain.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#9]
He's not worth the ban.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't link to the facebook page where it was identified as an "assault rifle". I put the words "assault rifle" into quotes so the intelligent among us might be fucking smart enough to discern that they are not my fucking words. Some folks are not only dense, but they can't read where I mentioned 3 times where I got the words from.
Quoted:
Actually I quoted Jokers post. Why isn't he wetting his pants and all upset? Please feel free to quote anywhere I personally insulted you the way you have me several times and use the report button.  I didn't call you out by name or question your character. I posted on an open board for all to see, using the word "fuck" to get across my mild annoyance. You very rudely jump down my throat reading a post directed at all posters. You need to calm down because your anger shows your character clearly. Are you going to threaten to beat me up now?

So you only "...quoted Jokers post." And none of your vitriol was directed at me?
Quoted:
Not all this post was directed you so take a pill and relax.
 Disingenuous much?  Your failure to link a Facebook page and the article initially just calling it a "semi-auto" (before their edit) was not my fault and you better believe I'll respond to a rude post with my quote as the object, or even a portion of, said rudeness.  I'm not pissed, I just won't stand idly by when it's directed at me.  

Why the hell would I report you or threaten to beat you up?  This is ridiculous.  You probably didn't intend for it to read as bad as it did and I probably overreacted to posts on the net.  Sorry about that.  

I have absolutely nothing against you or anyone in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
69, he smells of someone that is always right and he'll call you out because he thinks he's never wrong, so I wouldn't get all worked up over him.

Who the hell puts a compensator and red dot on a Mosin Nagant? batmanacw, that's who. I don't need to go back and forth with someone that obviously has fudd on the brain.

Did you see the recoil in that video? It's a work of art. The guy shooting that is posting in this thread and he's a good friend.   The guys at the last shoot raved about that carbine. My wife loves shooting it so much I'm building her an even shorter one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Both cops hit with an "assault rifle" and then immediately returned fire and killed the bad guy?  My money is on a Marlin Model 60.  

BTW, I'm glad the cops got the job done... one less jackass out there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does the helicopter ride for a hand injury sound overkill to anyone else?

No.

Our EMS copter flys for back aches I believe.

Keeps the numbers up and pays for the copter.
If those back aches are accompanied by nausea, left arm pain, and other symptoms you're damn right they do . Heart attacks in outlying areas are a majority of the work our local life flights do.

I don't see the problem of getting a chopper ride for an officer who was shot in the hand while doing her job and ran into a nutcase with a gun. Glad they were able to put him in the dirt before he could harm more people.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Video Link

ETA:  TL;dw, skip to 1:50
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Most likely a pistol seeing how the cops were both shot but both survived.

Probably a 9mm

What other calibers are there? Every pistol is a 9mm
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#17]
How many times did they shoot this guy (he was screaming kill me btw)
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Northeast Ohio....

BLEHHCK

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Assault rifle: Rifle used to assult someone.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Video Link

They got lucky, he fucking had them cold.  

Yes, I would say those 2 officers are QUITE lucky.  I'm actually a little surprised they weren't seriously hurt or killed, some of those shots looked pretty close.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#22]
News babe has big hair!
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#23]
The sheriff's dept. spokesman has much better diction than the reporter.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Video Link

Can someone tell me again why I need more than 10 rounds to defend myself?

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn!
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I spoke with the female officer a while back, she's healing up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I spoke with the female officer a while back, she's healing up.

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Geez good think he had no sense to take cover.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Video Link

Yes, I would say those 2 officers are QUITE lucky.  I'm actually a little surprised they weren't seriously hurt or killed, some of those shots looked pretty close.

They definitely were, but that dude was a fucking idiot.  He couldn't aim worth a shit, and that was enough for them to end it.

I'm very glad they made it through and put that fucker down.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Video Link

They definitely were, but that dude was a fucking idiot.  He couldn't aim worth a shit, and that was enough for them to end it.

Did you watch the video that had a pic of the squad car?

He grouped up quite a lot of rounds about head height through the driver side of the windshield.  Those officers were very lucky.  

ETA:

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Video Link

Did you watch the video that had a pic of the squad car?

He grouped up quite a lot of rounds about head height through the driver side of the windshield.  Those officers were very lucky.  

ETA:

<a href="http://s25.photobucket.com/user/goodnbuzzd/media/Net/112_zpsff64f09a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/goodnbuzzd/Net/112_zpsff64f09a.jpg</a>

Which video?  I watched the dashcam footage.

Where were the cops at when he began firing?
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Not around here. It is considered a debilitating injury. Potential of loss of quality of life. Try going through life without the use of your hand. We also fly facial injuries with potential for scaring.

Quoted:
Does the helicopter ride for a hand injury sound overkill to anyone else?

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Why did we resurrect this thread?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#35]
In summary:

A Mentor-On-The-Lake shithead with an SKS, popped off a shit ton of rounds, but did no real lasting damage. because he's trailer trash from Lake County.. A couple of Geauga County (FTW!!!!) residents that happened to be employed as police officers, dispatched the intruder with handguns, post haste - despite injuries.

Lessons learned:

1. Lake County assholes still suck ass.

2. Geauga County heros are awesome with whatever firearms they have handy, at the moment. Shit, they'd kick ass with muskets, if they had to.

3. Lake County assholes are dispatched, with extreme prejudice - stop driving here, shitheads.

Link Posted: 5/3/2013 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Why did we resurrect this thread?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Dash cam video of incident.

Did they ever determine a motive?  What was the original stop for?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
In summary:

A Mentor-On-The-Lake shithead with an SKS, popped off a shit ton of rounds, but did no real lasting damage. because he's trailer trash from Lake County.. A couple of Geauga County (FTW!!!!) residents that happened to be employed as police officers, dispatched the intruder with handguns, post haste - despite injuries.

Lessons learned:

1. Lake County assholes still suck ass.
2. Geauga County heros are awesome with whatever firearms they have handy, at the moment. Shit, they'd kick ass with muskets, if they had to.
3. Lake County assholes are dispatched, with extreme prejudice - stop driving here, shitheads.

Amen, preacher man.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top