Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:45:13 PM EDT
My buddy is an avid bow hunter, but he's one of those "fudds" that thinks about his sporting use first. As long as he gets to hunt with his bows, he's happy. I tried to make him think that when all the guns are banned, the bow & arrow is next, but he doesn't believe me. Isn't bow and arrow already banned in UK and other gun free nations?
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My buddy is an avid bow hunter, but he's one of those "fudds" that thinks about his sporting use first. As long as he gets to hunt with his bows, he's happy. I tried to make him think that when all the guns are banned, the bow & arrow is next, but he doesn't believe me. Isn't bow and arrow already banned in UK and other gun free nations?

I am pretty sure the Indians regretted not having Long gun manufacturing down before the White Man came.

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#2]
This will be next

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Anything sharp will be after guns. Fudds are kind of useless. There are a bunch here that are all for mag caps, as long as they can hunt with their rifles and shotguns. I keep trying to explain that those will be next if we give an inch, but they just won't understand.

And after that it will be all blunt objects, like bats, golf cubs etc.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, let's see:

1.  White male
2.  Prone to violence
3.  Problems with authority
4.  Past drug use

Yup, definitely the crossbow's fault.  Ban crossbows for the children.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:11:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Take me all of few minutes with a grinder to de-pom that abomination.

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Not for me it wont. Or 90% of the people I know of in general, most of which aren't even "in the know"
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:36:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where do you people get this shit from?
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

lol what?

If anything archery is more popular in European countries.  I remember seeing people shooting archery in several of the public parks in Hungary. Try doing that in a park in the US.

Now many European countries have banned archery hunting...they think it is cruel or some nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 2:49:37 AM EDT
[#11]
The endless what if parade of panic had finally started to abate and what have we here. Please just stop with this stuff; please.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 2:52:03 AM EDT
[#12]
no body needs more than a 50lb draw.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 2:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do you people get this shit from?

Nanny state propaganda?
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Arrowheads with cutting edges are banned here in the Netherlands.

They are totally banned and nobody can  get a license for one under any circumstance (yes really they like to go all the way)

Dig up a stone age arrowhead and you are felon, no exceptions for antiques either.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:03:01 AM EDT
[#15]
A gun ban, shame on you.
There you go, giving up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They are totally banned and nobody can  get a license for one under any circumstance (yes really they like to go all the way)

Dig up a stone age arrowhead and you are felon, no exceptions for antiques either.

the progressives will stop at nothing to prove they are right.  The are not.  

You cannot legislate violence out of man by banning things.  You cannot legislate criminals away.  You cannot legislate pain away.  What you can do, is try to make the people more able to deal with adversity so that when it comes knocking they aren't blindsided. (promote wealth building, etc)
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:09:42 AM EDT
[#17]
As long as they don't ban my old bowfishing bow they can have the rest.

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:12:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Take me all of few minutes with a grinder to de-pom that abomination.

you will fuck up your screen with a grinder if you try to change that jpg , nobody in the UK has ever seen one outside of GD

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are you allowed to own scissors?
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So a 65% letoff at full draw on a 65 pound bow is legal?  YAY!!!!

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's what people that can't draw 70lb bows say
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I would say knives.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So a 65% letoff at full draw on a 65 pound bow is legal?  YAY!!!!

that's the loophole that will need to be closed.   it's for the children
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesnt matter what I am allowed. I have the right to keep and bear arms like every othe human

Tis a natural right you know, and just because the sheep here dont like it it doesnt go away

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

All of my bows are suspect

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:43:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Hell yeah they will, didn't you see Avatar?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a preban bow. I'll sell it for ....  $4000.   No accessories
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can still own Fudd guns in England, the UK is not "gun free"
Yep, and bows and crossbows are not regulated except for the age 18 requirement (to buy - kids can have one bought for them).

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a preban bow. I'll sell it for ....  $4000.   No accessories

Do you have any preban Easton arrows?

Maybe $1,200 a dozen?  

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Wait till feinswine sees a video of a broadhead zipping thru body armor like hot butter.

She will have an assault bow law introduced within the hour. McCarthy will try to ban the string thing that goes back.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wait till feinswine sees a video of a broadhead zipping thru body armor like hot butter.

She will have an assault bow law introduced within the hour. McCarthy will try to ban the string thing that goes back.

crossbows have evil features.
Pistol grip, check.
high capicity quiver. check
silencer. check.
BAN DEM FOR THE CHILLENS!!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Wait till one of the idiot Libs sees a kershaw blur or some other assisted opener.

They will be on that like ugly on an ape.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I have noticed that archery product manufacturers aren't afraid to give their products scary names, where the gun community wouldn't think too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
As long as they don't ban my old bowfishing bow they can have the rest.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2dugi2g.jpg

Sorry, but that exact setup will be the first style bow to be banned.  It is the weapon of choice of insurgents to bring down government helicopters.   No shit, look it up, it really does work.

What you have is a silent MANPAD

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesnt matter what I am allowed. I have the right to keep and bear arms like every othe human

Tis a natural right you know, and just because the sheep here dont like it it doesnt go away

I didn't mean "you" per say...I was speaking to the absurdity of your governments laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top