Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/10/2001 6:17:42 AM EDT
I wish I had a picture to post.  I drive a 75 F250 four-door short bed, and it is a beast!  It's not in bad shape really, just big and ugly.  There is no rust, but the paint is kind of oxidized and you can definitely hear it coming.  My wife hates it, I love it.  What I really enjoy is pulling up next to some woman in a Lexus at the stoplight and getting that "You white trash, you" look.

The way I look at it, everything we own is paid for, except the house (which is one of the largest in a nice neighborhood), and I can have a whole lot of fun with the money I would be spending on a new truck payment every month.  Old Bessie gets me where I need to go, and when she needs a little TLC from time to time, I know just how to take care of her.  One of these days, I'll buy an even bigger POS so I can pull Bessie into the garage for a complete restoration.  The end result will be a bright, shiny POS that I plan to keep a long, long time.  BTW, my four year old son thinks Bessie is the coolest ride out there.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 6:29:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I too drive a POS, and I'm proud of it. Nobody pushes me around when I want to merge (cept maybe semis). I drive a 72 Chevy 4wd that is lifted a little to fit the 35in tires under it.

I have the worst gas mileage on the planet for a daily driver. The thing is NOBODY has ANYTHING like it in all of the Bay Area. I never have to lock it and it's easy to find in a parking lot. My four year old loves my truck too. My wife isn't tall enough to get in without assistance, another plus ;) I dont need  to smog it every two years. A whole new engine is 1500 bucks, complete.

I own two houses in silicon valley because I don't buy into flashy stuff. Everything I have is paid for... ok cept that stuff I just put on the card for my old shovelhead, and one house.... I'll be payin that for a while....

Link Posted: 4/10/2001 6:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
My '85 Nissan King Cab pickup has been totalled TWICE.  The entire bed has been replaced, the frame straightened, and the extended portion of the cab has half an inch of Bondo painted primer gray on one side.  But the engine is running fine with 189 K + miles.  The transmission works perfectly.  The original clutch lasted 165 K miles.

It's on its second stereo, third complete set of brake parts, and I can't remember how many tires I've worn out.

I make a hobby of parking as close as possible next to expensive new cars whose vain owners have attempted to straddle more than one parking space.  I'll climb out of the passenger side door if necessary to avoid making contact with them, but it's a lot of fun watching their reactions from my office window as they pore over their prized possessions looking for scratches or traces of paint transfer.

When I want to change lanes, the Beemers and Mercedez-Benzes of La Jolla all get out of my way.  They know I'm willing to make contact.

Yes, I love my POS truck!
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I drive a rusty 1988 bronco II for my every day beater & hunting rig.  It has been submerged in a river in South Dakota-engine-trans-transfer case-power steering pump all filled with water computer under water.  Had to trailer it back to Minnesota.  Dried it out cleaned it up good as new,only lost the alternater. Shortly after that i was pulling a heavy tandem trailer with 100 landscape timbers home from the lumber yard and jackknifed the rig,rolled bronco and trailer totaling both. Only had glass coverage on bronco.  With the insurance check for glass i bought a junk bronco and a wire feed welder. Put my old bronco back on road in a couple of weeks.  Well,  it's not pretty but,it gets me there.   Ben
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
My newest vehicle is a 92 town car which refer to as the Ghetto Sled. My work vehicle is an 89 F-150 with about $1200 body work pending. It marks it's territory; I bet you know what I'm talking about BigMac with a shovel,tu the tune of about 2 quarts a week. My #3 vehicle is a 79 CJ5.

Point A to point B is what I'm about.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the "paid for" POS 89 Plymouth Voyager with 179,000 miles that I use for work. 4 cyl, 4 speed manual, what a load of junk! But it starts and runs, every day, and it goes through the mud and snow pretty good.

Then I have my much nicer, and also fully paid for, 94 T-Bird for those times when I need to show a little class. When I get next to the dweebs in the $40,000 (but leased for $359 p/m) luxury sedans, I feel pretty smug, knowing I paid cash for mine and own it outright. The best part is having collision coverage because I WANT IT, not because I HAVE to have it. [:)]

Link Posted: 4/10/2001 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Got a '89 Nissan stanza w/ about 180k. It leaks stearing fluid about as fast as I put it in. Nothing better than the "moan" you get turning the wheel when the fluid is low.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't have the old POS's like some of you guys do, but mines definately a pos.  Its a 96 Geo Metro 3 cyl.  When I got out of basic I was broke and my trusty ride died while I was gone.  So I needed cheap wheels.

I drive a bunch (70+ miles/day), and didn't want to spend a lot so I picked up a 96 Metro with 45K on it for $3500 (has A/C).  So I have a newer car, but its definately a pos!  Hell, I can't even maintain highway speeds up a slight incline.

I have also discovered that the Metro is the most hated automobile ever built.  In the 9 months I have had it I would say it has been keyed at least 9 times, and whenever I am outside changing oil on it, complete strangers drive by and yell at me telling me that my car sucks.

I don't care though, I've had my share of nice cars and decided that it's not worth it.  They depreciate too much even if they are fun.  Instead I take the money I am saving on a car payment and putting it into the gun fund.  Besides guns don't depreciate!  I would never sell one, but it makes the wife happy when I tell her how well guns hold value.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#8]
94 Ford tempo, 130k, radiator leak, oil leak, transmition leak, a rolling epa hazzard.

Labrat454
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Why oh Why.... would I want a new car..except for the babes...who object to my 95 Dakota.  Then again if they're that snobish..who wants em anyway.  If you drive a POS..(1) No one will cut you off traffic. (2) No one will box you in in a parking lot...ever notice how people park all around the new cars.  (3)  No one will run into you as you won't care and "they" know it.  Insurance is lower, taxes..ditto..I love my POS
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#10]
No one is gonna believe me but the Dodge I posted really is my only car.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a 87 Nissan Stanza wagon with 271,000 on it.The oil pan or valve cover has never been off of it.That includes for the timing belt.My wife says I act like I gave birth to it.It has never failed to start,ever.My wife makes fun of it until I point out that I had to pick her up a coupleafter her Mercedes wouldn't start.Never worry about being keyed or scratched jumped on ect.Lead Posion just mix in alot of graphite in with your next batch of poer steering fluid and then take the pump belt off.Been driving mine like that for 40,000.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Did I mention my chevy leaks power steering fluid as bad as my shovel leaks gear oil........

My dad wont let me park in his driveway any more with either of my vehicles :)

The center of my driveway has a spot that my wife has finally quit bitching about.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got a Camaro show car sitting in the garage that never gets driven because I cannot afford the fuel. (It gets two miles to the gallon and will run on nothing but CAM2 racing fuel.)
We've also got a Mercury something er other that belongs to the wife....I don't now what year it is...that is relatively nice.
There is also a mint '95 F-150 Lariat sitting out there in the drive.
But I drive an '86 Chebby FULLSIZE station wagon that was side swipped down the passenger side when I bought. Funny thing is it has a home brewed 350 in it that I built and 4:10 gears. When the kids harass me at stop lights I eat their lunch for 'em in the ol' girl. LOL
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a 84 honda accord, wrecked 3 times in the front, punched holes in the cat converter so it would not stall on the highway..drove it that way with only the highbeams in car held in with duct tape,(the lows fell out in the 3rd wreck. Currently has 227000 miles and the engine still runs strong. The only smoke is from the polutants from the cat converter. Finally got a newer car, gutted, and welded up the 84 accord, and am gonna run it in a demo derby in June...
Brian
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Do I own any POS vehicles?
NO,they are all FORDS!!!!!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Its the closest thing I have to a POS: 91 Mercury Capri convertible, 170,000 miles, scatched back window, and a butt-load of parking lot war-scars.

Jake
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I drive a '86 Nissan Pathfinder that my Dad bought new in '86 for my mother. Almost everything in it has been replaced at least once. When my mother got a van it became my Dad's beater/hauler/hunting rig. When I got my license, and my dad needed to "move" some assets it became mine by default. It runs great now, but for how long?

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a 99 Mercedes-Benz ML320. I am so regreted I bought this car.
10/1999:Bought from Mercedes-Benz dealer
03/2000:power door lock had problem
04/2000 manufactory recall: Safety belt had problem.
05/2000 power window didn't work
07/2000 power door lock had problem again
01/2001 changed brake pad(only 13k miles)
03/22/2001 dead when I was driving on the Hiway.(Battery problem)
I aksed the the dealer why my car has so many problems, he said: well, it is not just your car, all this modle(99) has the same problem.
and he told me one thing I didn't know: The ML320 is made in USA.  [:(]
Now, I am driving my wife's car(Toyata Solara),she drives mine. I am happy and she is happy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#19]
'89 S-10 here.  It's a Great Lakes saltmobile.  I never lock the doors - nobody would want it and I don't worry about it.

I bought it for $1500 three years ago.  Before that, it sat under a tree for 7 years.

4-cylinder, 5-speed, no A/C, no radio, no power steering, vinyl furniture, vinyl "carpeting".

Originally, it must've been a fleet vehicle that somebody ordered but didn't pick-up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#20]
my POS is a 87 Ford F150. the paint is off in large spots down to the primer. the AC doesn't work, the parking break doesn't go off completely. the motor starts out at 6000 RPM and stays there (it'll go 45 without your foot on the gas) this makes it a real pain in the ass to drive in snow. the motors on both door windows were out for almost a year. one running board is close to dragging. the tailgate is broke (gotta use pliers to open it) and the bed is always full of stuff that needs to go to the dump.

but, it's paid for.[;)]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Up until two weeks ago I drove a 1985 Chevy S10 Blazer with about 200,000 miles on it.  Real crappy gas mileage, about 15 MPG.

The transmission went out, so rather than paying about a grand to fix it I "sucked it up" and bought a 2001 Toyota Echo. (About $12,000 with some nice options.)  

That little car is great.  I'm getting about 45 MPG on the thing.  That's right, forty-five miles-per-gallon.

Plus it looks kind of cool.  Sort of like a squashed jelly-bean.

Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a nice Corvette, and a low rider Malibu but I drive a 93 Geo Metro that got hit in the door by a city bus.  I replaced the door with a primered one though. It also has 165K on it. I also drive a 86 Suzuki Samuri.  It has a ratted out top and hasn't been washed inside or out since I got it 2 years ago.  It can't get over 60 unless I am going down a mountain.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#25]
My very first car was a POS.  It was an 85 ford ranger. The side mirrors whistled when you drove above 15 mph.  The car was notorious for "turning its self off" while you were trying to drive.  The wheels were constantly falling off, and it loved to backfire. (Normally when the highschool hunk walked by...go figure). Did I happen to mention that it was supposed to be a 4 cylinder, but only had 3 functional.  Have you ever heard of a 3 cylinder truck?  I hadn't until then.

After I wrecked that truck, it was handed down to my brother, who proceeded to put a wooden flat-bed on the back in place of the bed, which was then riding totally sideways.  

In place of the ranger i got a pos buick regal that i hate and can wait till daddy gets me my new f150 so i can be cool like spyhunter and have a new car (this paragraph was inserted by spyhunter)

The Buick:

-the passanger window works half of the time
-the stereo system has developed a permanent buzzing sound that resembles a dentist drill
-There is a permanent sqeaking in the back right
-The right rear tire vibrates the entire car (cannot be fixed)
-the power locks have a mind of their own and like to play games with me!!!!  
-She likes to quit running in the middle of intersections during heavy traffic
-I have a constant brake problem
-I am leaking radiator fluid from 3 different places
-The glove box will not shut

I am sure that there are may thousands of things that will continue to go wrong with my car.  I just hope that this is something that I can look back on later and laugh about.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]
 It's a 1988 K-5 Blazer with a 6.2 diesel. I painted it camo green and brown to hide the Bondo over the rust holes, it has 257,000 miles on it.  It has more rattles than a day-care center, a waterleak onto the floor every time it rains, 600 oil leaks and .2 horsepower (That's what 6.2 stands for.)  It always starts, still has deceent fuel economy, goes anywhere, and I don't worry about scratching the paint.  It's now in the body shop getting the frame straightened (collosion damage) and I'm not woorried about body panels that don't match perfectly.  I stay on topo of it mechanically, and have only had to rebuild the inj. pump and lift pump abt. 30,000 back.  My son thinks it's a cool ride (bouncy as heck) and my wife would almost rather walk than ride in it!  It's about as complicated as a hammer, tough as an old combat boot, and I can always find it in the parking lot!  I just wish it was a Suburban..........
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#27]
93 Toyota pu 220,000 miles.
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1391821&a=10390074&p=46278814[/img].
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#28]
85 Volvo DL 120k miles.  Crap brown in color.
Feel safe in it.  Very slow.... This thing is slower than Rosie O-Donut going to an NRA convention.

Not worry about theft, door dings, scratches, car wash. Low insurance. No car payment.  Low vehicle registration. Stealth mode at all time. Law enforcement ignores you as you slowly pass them.

It is interesting, when we go to the rifle range, the trunk content is worth more than the vehicle!

One monthly new car payment could be the equivalent of 1/2 an AR or 3,000 round of ammo, or a new Leopold scope, or 1/2 a Kowa TSN spotting scope, or a plane ticket to Knob Creek or ...  Guess what, next month WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!  

Regards

ACK    

Link Posted: 4/10/2001 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Per Striker: {87 Cherokee. It is about 5 different shades of brown and flat black. The front fender flares are held on with sheet metal screws through the inner fender because the outer skin is disappearing. The hinge pins are worn out in all 4 doors. I patched a rusted out hole in the roof with silicone. The previous owner patched holes in the floor with fiberglass mat and resin without removing the carpet all the way. A coworker rearended me on the way home from work and bent the hitch/bumper underneath the truck. It has 285000 kilometers on it, doesn't burn oil, starts on the coldest days(-30C)without a block heater, goes through snow like nobody's busines}

Mines a 2 door, 1986 I've owned it since new in Salty Rochester N.Y. has all the problems above, about the same number of miles and always starts, always runs, sometimes a little crankily, leaks water through the out of position doors and I get to laugh daily at the expressions of the cars snobs when they look at her.In all honesty I have a second POS so I can rotate them when they act up. The 2nd is a 1991 Honda with only 132k miles on it, This one while rusting away runs great and has needed very little in the way of maintenance.
I guess cars don't mean that much to me. There are so many other things that mean much more to me and the car will just have to do.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#30]
10YO Chevy S10. I bought it new and I'm going to drive it as long as I can. New cars cost to much, i would rather have the cash in the bank.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep, Own my own towtruck and get beaterbombs all the time, fix whatever and drive em for a month or so. The rotation keeps the local ticket FUZZ guessing so that I avoid the financial drain the A$$Heads wish to inflict.

Works well so far.

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I drive a 85 chevy S-10 blazer , 210k miles
All one color, Wife hates it. Still pulls the
boat and plows the driveway. Got it for 700 bucks three years ago only cause it has the plow
and the  house has got a 200' driveway.

The plow truck turned into the daily driver.
currently has got a leaking exhaust manifold
and gets an inch of water on the floor in a heavy rain. got to fix both soon state inspection coming up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought an '87 Chevy Caprice Classic Brougham from a little old lady for $1250.00.
305/4bbl.  Love that car.  Fixed the side view mirror and the pwr door locks.  Everything else works.  Got new r134 AC for $400.00 (rebuilt compressor).  Interior like new.
Rides better than any Caddie and has a cool dark blue metallic vice squad look.  Kickin' factory ERS stereo with factory equilizer.  Six way power seat.  power windows, brakes, steering, trunk release.  Has little interior lights everywhere, ashtray, under hood, glove box, trunk, dome light with the little directional beams.  Full instrumentation.  Cranks on the first key,   Tilt wheel, wire spoke wheels, plush overstuffed velour interior (dark blue),  Huge trunk, and gets 22 mpg combined.  Back seat is big enough to sleep in.  Little ashtrays in the door armrests.   These cars are out there....find yourself a clean one owner Caprice and get ready to ride in style.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I got two cars. One's a 1987 Toyota Tercel I bought for $400. It had 130,000 miles on it and ran really bad when I bought it. We used to have to pump the gas pedal constantly just to maintain 60 mph, and got about 30 mpg. Finally I took pliers and pinched various vacuum lines around the carb one at a time till it ran better. I have no idea what was wrong with it and don't care, but I took out my knife, cut that line, and plugged the cut ends with twigs from a nearby tree. Since then it gets 40 mpg, has good power, and it's almost on 200,000 miles now.

My winter car is a 85 Tercel 4WD I bought for $250. It was overheating for the previous owner. I bolted on a newer alternator and 4 good wheels from a junk Honda, threw away the non-working cooling fan, bought a new radiator for $100, and it runs great now. As long as you don't stand still too long.

Around here, cars rust real fast and deer are a constant hazard on the roads. More than once speeding drivers on gravel roads have tossed up rocks and chipped my windshields. What do I do? Chase them down? File police reports? Call my insurance? Sue somebody? Get repair estimates? Heck no, I just look at my wife, laugh, and keep on driving.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Best I can tell 257,000 was high miles till I got here. 84 Olds Reg 98 with 260,000 with the roof covering about to blow off. Wife says the car is about ready to give up the ghost.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Well my everyday POS is a 90' Geo Tracker 4X4, w/ oversize tires. My really fun POS is my 85' Full Size GMC Jimmy. I am hoping to put a Realtree camo paint job on it later this summer. (just to piss off the neighbors) [8D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#37]
'79 Buick Lesabre.  Lots of rust, trunk is rusted out on one side but it still has the hood ornament, working AC, and cruise control.  I took my drivers test in that vehicle in 1980!  I wish they still made cars like it, I would buy one new.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#38]
i drive a real POS. chevy custom built 1980 silverado. built by a professional hot rod builder from the bottom up. it is just a year old. everything brand new [:(]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Where are all the old cars?  When I was a Junior in highschool I was working on a '71 SS Chevelle, which I still have.  After I rebuilt the 396 I was running up and down my street with no fenders, hood, bumber...just the motor, radiator and wheels in front.  Not a cheap neighborhood and the neighjbors didn't appreciate my enthusiasm in classic American automobiles. [:D]  One of the bastards called the cops on me! [}:D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I have an '88 F150, 198,000 miles. My friends call it the "Blue Monster". Distinguishing features include a huge '70s vintage camper shell, black, so as not to match the blue truck, with a broken out window replaced with some sheet aluminum, and a hood where most of the paint has fallen off and is now rusty primer. Runs good, though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#41]
If none of you guys have heard the song by Adam Sandler "Piece of Shit Car" then you're missing out.

My 1991 Ford Ranger extended cab used to fit the bill perfectly.  It had been really messed up during by "yours truely" over the 4 years I owned it.

I rolled it and fixed about 75% of the body damage myself but never had it repainted and never fixed the door that had been completely scraped to hell, the replaced body pieces were a black primer coating and surely didn't match the original grey paint.

Not too long after I rolled my Ranger I got T-boned by some woman in a minor accident, the woman's insurance paid for the damage but I saw no need in having the entire truck repainted so on the side opposite from where I rolled my truck there was a bunch of white primer paint(ofcourse the repair shop had the good humor to not use the same color primer).

Ofcourse I had a kickass stereo system in this truck, about 400watts RMS.

The truck since it was 2wheel drive and had a 4banger engine it was too gutless to lift it up in the air and put more of an offroad suspension on it, so naturally when alternative "A" is removed the only choice is to go with alternative "B" and that was to lower the suspension.  No worries though, I only did the front end to restore the truck to a more natual stance, the rear of the truck began to sag when I put a camper shell on the truck, so my truck was only 1/2 lowered but it still looked fairly normal after I made it so it's ass no longer sagged.

The front windshield had a crack in it about as long as my leg, the cracked windshield stayed that way for the better part of 2 years because I was too lazy to fix the stupid thing.  You get used to a cracked windshield so that you hardly notice it, I kinda couldn't stand it when I got my new truck and it DIDN'T have a cracked windshield.

Ofcourse at around 75K miles I dropped the tranny on it in a MAJOR way, not only did the clutch go but at the same time the gears pretty much all went to hell at once so that all the syncros had to be redone.

Ofcourse my new truck is a Ranger too but I haven't totalled this one yet.

As for offroad vehicles, I'd love to have a 72-73 4x4 with some nice huge meats underneath it.  I don't care if it has paint or not, could be a nice beautiful OD green primer color for all I care.  All I want is for it's mechanicals to be 100% and I'd love to have a fire breathing 454 under the hood, something about the idea of doing a 4wheel drive burnout at an intersection when a "rice rocket" pulls along side of me makes me giggle like a school girl.  Oh yeah!   You can bet that truck will have a roll bar with some daylighters on top of it, permanently mounted gun rack too!  Something to really repel the women!
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh Yeah, I love my 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4 x 4 for one very, very good reason - [b] it's paid for![/b]

My brother insists on buying new vehicles all the time - but he's only got a fraction of the weapons I do.  I always remind him that 'when the SHTF and the ballon goes up' he can always have one of my post-bans for his new Grand Cherokee, even-steven.[;)]

Eric (Am I my Brother's Keeper?) The Hun  
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#43]
A 71 ford Pinto that got rearended twice but only blew-up once---Top that
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh yeah...  Well mines a bigger POS [:)]  I drive a '76 Chevy shortbox stepside 4 digger.  I bought it planning on adding lift, meats, gears, and lockers.  But shit kept breaking.  In the first year I owned it, I juiced two trannys, one T-case, one front end and two rear-ends.  All while wheelin' and diggin'...  So I kept spending money on fixin the stuff I was breakin' instead of upgrading.  I love my POS, and I'm not afraid to drive it in places that fullsize trucks were meant to fit.  As is evidenced by all the scrapes and scratches on the paint, and the Hi-Lift jack dent marks on the hood and tailgate...  Oh wait a minute...  The tailgate fell off somewhere on a trail up in the Blacktail ORV trails [:D]  Just ask AR15.commer Elcope...  He'll tell ya' Dan drives a POS!!!  Do you get extra redneck points if your truck smells like a chainsaw when its cold??? [8)]

This pic isn't my SB, but my uncle Jimmy is going to build me one just like it someday (since he works in an engine machine shop and all)

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1189797&a=8764361&p=28431265[/IMG]

Almost forgot...  That hagger'd F150 in the background is Uncle Jimmys truck (behind his shop.)  Most of us Montana boys drive POS trucks.

Another "almost forgot"  That stripped frame to the right is whats left of my last POS... LMAO!!!  Now its a haywagon with a really bad ass 400 SB (the one on the rack) that doubles as a mudbogger and huntin' truck [:D]  When I owned it, we accidentaly confused it with a yellow submarine [:p]

I hope that Uncle Jimmy ain't reading this...
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:56:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If none of you guys have heard the song by Adam Sandler "Piece of Shit Car" then you're missing out.
View Quote

Damn song's been going through my head this entire thread.

We got an early '80s (not sure what year) black Chevy Caprice here where I work. It is s "special use" vehicle, and armored verywhere but the top with obnoxious thick plexiglass stuff inside all the windows (I guess the real armored windows are too expensive[:)]) The thing rides all extra low due to weighing so much but has a huge engine and really jumps. We just got it painted last year, so it is now at least just one shade of black. Still shows many bumps and scratches though. Gotta love that car.

Adam
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#47]
"The Red Rocket" -a'91 Mazda B2600i w/ 132k miles. Same clutch it started with, has been rear ended 3 times, backed into a mailbox, hit one deer, served as a crew vehicle when I was a painting foreman for a bunch of 17yr olds (lots of dents). I've never repaired any of the body damage, except for a side mirror the damn deer removed for me. It RUNS great!!! I love my shitty truck.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#48]
I am still driving the 1992 Ford Ranger that I bought as a senior in high school.  It now has 109,000 miles on it.  Four years ago, I was t-boned by a 16 year old drunk and did $2200 damage to the drivers side extended cab and front corner of the bed.  (I didn't fix it and instead bought a Remington VSSF and a Benelli.)  It also has a crease in the side of the bed where a BBQ grill tumbled out during a high speed turn.  The front bumper is bent as my wife rear ended someone on a wet street.  The back bumper is bent; my brother popped the clutch on his 1984 crew cab dually too fast when I was pull starting him.  

I refuse to wash it or clean out the cab until I get something new.  It looks like crap, but my yellow lab loves riding in the back, and the black lab enjoys the passengers seat.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I have a 1977 Volvo sedan.  I got it for free for helping my brother-in-law move.  It was his ex-wife's car.  The exhaust was shot, two tires flat, and a moving truck backed into it and pushed it halfway across a parking lot.

Fixed the exhaust and tires for about $600 total, and it runs fine though some of its systems are kind of shaky (heater always on full blast, some blinkers don't work, parking brake gone, needs new solenoid for starter, tires always deflating, 8 track doesn't work, title is not in my name.....)  basically a piece of shit.  But a free piece of shit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#50]
I've never been a big fan of cars; I've never been interested in cars or admired someone with an expensive vehicle. For me, cars have been a way to get from point A to point B, nothing more. My dream job would allow me to bike or run to work rather than drive, but until I find this job, I'm stuck with a 30 min commute. So, for me gas milage and reliability are paramount (kind of the AK of vehicles). I own a 1991 Toyota Corolla that has 260,000 Kms on it and  has been, up to now, repair free, except brakes, muffler, etc. When it finally dies, I hope to get another Toyota. It allows me to spend my money on firearms rather than gas and repairs.

Signals  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top