Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2013 1:01:01 PM EDT
http://www.wnem.com/story/21547930/student-causes-cupcake-controversy-at-caro-school
Last week, Casey Fountain's third-grade son had a birthday party at
school. His wife decided to whip up 30 cupcakes for the boy's
classmates. She topped the treats with plastic army guys like the ones
countless boys and girls have played with for decades. Fountain says he
never thought his innocent act of party planning would lead to
controversy.

This is just the facebook link, same story.

http://www.facebook.com/WNEMTV5/posts/349615738490186

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was a kid me and my buddy would play war with civil war army men during rainy days.  Ahhh the good times Oh...but yeah..this is just getting silly now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not the Army guys, it's the little guns and mortars and rocket launchers.

Did any of the kids need counseling?
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If they're hungry and don't want army man cupcakes then they can eat a dick. I'd ask the principal why they didn't make school principal men instead of army men. Because boys don't want to play with bitches until they're older.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, they only get counseling if someone bites the cupcake into the shape of a gun and says "PEW, PEW"

I'm surprised nobody was suspended for bringing the plastic army men to school, though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
principal sounds like a flaming cupcake,someone needs to shove a boot up his ass in an insensitive manner
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
principal sounds like a flaming cupcake,someone needs to shove a boot up his ass in an insensitive manner

This.

Use of common sense in society has derailed.

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If they're hungry and don't want army man cupcakes then they can eat a dick. I'd ask the principal why they didn't make school principal men instead of army men. Because boys don't want to play with bitches until they're older.[/quote]

lol
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If they're hungry and don't want army man cupcakes then they can eat a dick. I'd ask the principal why they didn't make school principal men instead of army men. Because boys don't want to play with bitches until they're older.

8/10.  Nice.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#10]
This  makes me think back to when we were attacked on 9/11 and everyone was trying hard to be more patriotic than the next person and I couldn't help but think that all the leftists were full of crap for "Supporting our troops".

As soon as the winds of change blow the smallest measure in their favor crap like this happens to remind us that they really do hate the military and anything they can do to instill how they feel about it is taught as tolerance. Taught under the guise of "Guns are bad. Mkay"
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

8/10.  Nice.

I used to use it on people who talked shit about the military. Just substitute whatever lame ass job they have.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Another milestone on the way to a feminized America
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I needed a chuckle at work today. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#14]

She turned them from cupcakes into murdercakes.

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]
The kid should bring in 30 more cupcakes but this time they should all have the mine sweeper.  Then see what the school does.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#16]

And the pussification of America continues.

Ban libturds. For the children.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I will be deliverying cup cakes with cars on them Monday morning. Cars kill far more people than guns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I would have had so much fun at that school.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#19]
My only question is if they washes them off before they stuck them on the food.
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Seriously?
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously?

Because children are so hygienic.

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fucking laughed
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#23]
It's because those were the dreaded "Assault cupcakes"
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hahaha--awesome.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#25]
disgusting...
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I look back fondly on my epic battles between my green army men and Playmobil Confederate soldiers on one side and the grey East German army men, their Playmobil Eurocrat allies and their Brio high speed rail on the other.

ETA: Forgot the Lego Space Police.

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I heard one instantly checked into a mental ward for PTSD
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'm stealing that

Link Posted: 3/7/2013 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#29]
What bullshit!
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I think a lot of y'all are forgetting the position the school was in. Tell some leftist parent wouldn't freak out if their kid took home a plastic army man from a birthday party. I think school might of been practicing a little CYA.

LedZep
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Were they Nazi stormtroopers?  That's not kosher.
So are WW II Japanese Imperial Marines.  They're also out.
Are they Victor Charley?  We don't want losers?

If the "soldiers" are members of the Frei Schiesse Armee, that's OK.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#32]
That bitch is so full of shit, she should post in GD.

"In the climate of recent events in schools we walk a delicate balance in teaching non-violence in our buildings and trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere. On one hand, there are those who advocate arming teachers, having armed security guards and creating a fortress of defense in our schools. On the other hand, there are those who feel that guns create fear in schools and we need to put solid security measures in place  plus practice routines to be prepared in case an emergency should ever occur. Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions.

Wow, talk about a loud or crap.  I wonder which "side" she falls on, sure can't tell .  I mean, it's not like she completed distorted and misrepresented the issue and created a strawman argument or anything.

What a pathetic excuse for an educator.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard one instantly checked into a mental ward for PTSD

At least nobody came across a butter knife left on the tray.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#34]
The only controversy there should be about green army men on cupcakes is that the molds have been ruined and not replaced.
Honestly, haven't those things paid for themselves, they can't order a new set made up?
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry a representation of men that actually DID something
bothers people so much
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I look back fondly on my epic battles between my green army men and Playmobil Confederate soldiers on one side and the grey East German army men, their Playmobil Eurocrat allies and their Brio high speed rail on the other.

ETA: Forgot the Lego Space Police.

Used to shoot those things off the fence for hours with my cache of high capacity assault BB guns
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think a lot of y'all are forgetting the position the school was in. Tell some leftist parent wouldn't freak out if their kid took home a plastic army man from a birthday party. I think school might of been practicing a little CYA.

LedZep

You're right. Should've brought along a box of tampons to hand out if any of the parents complained.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#39]
You know, back in the day the high school here doubled as a National Guard Armory, there was a classroom at the end of the hall locked with just a regular interior door key that was full of M16A1s.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

She turned them from cupcakes into murdercakes.

Delicious, tasty murdercakes.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL, some schools crack me up.  I'm a teacher...........in NEW YORK STATE..........and me and my students talk about guns all the time.  Granted, I teach 11th and 12th grade students automotive technology (boys primarily), but still..........  

My students routinely wear firearm related clothing, and nobody says a peep.  Hell, I even wear firearm related clothes on superintendent's conference days.  This spring on conference day, I (and my teaching assistant and one of the auto body teachers) will be wearing "FU Cuomo, come and take'em" shirts

Methinks some people need to grow a pair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top