Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2013 4:11:50 PM EDT
I have a pair of Winchester Model 94's that I want to hang on my wall.  One is a 30-30 that my grandfather gave my dad upon my dads return from Vietnam.  The other is a 32 Win Special that my father in law purchased in the 70's.   The guns are both mine now and I would like to put them on display.  I was thinking that they would look pretty good in the living room but I need a secure way to hang them up.  Only problem is I need secure and aesthetically pleasing at the same time.  Any pictures, suggestions, or advice would be appreciated.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Big ass dry wall screw
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Build a custom wood case and laminate the glass front with 3m security film, then bolt the case to your wall.

Probably about as secure as you can get without getting too expensive.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Build a custom wood case and laminate the glass front with 3m security film, then bolt the case to your wall.

I'm thinking something along these lines.

Seriously, I know you want to display them so you can look at them, but consider the risk and ask yourself if you can live with having them stolen if there is a burglary.

Odds are that probably won't happen, but be aware of the risk anyway.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, I know you want to display them so you can look at them, but consider the risk and ask yourself if you can live with having them stolen if there is a burglary.

You're letting them get to you.  Yeah, they could get stolen...but so could my large LCD televisions...
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're letting them get to you.  Yeah, they could get stolen...but so could my large LCD televisions...

I know, I know.

It's terrible.

THE ZOMBIES ARE GETTING TO ME!!!!

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just hammer a nail in the wall and stick it on there with the trigger guard. But make sure it's loaded or else it will fall off.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just hammer a nail in the wall and stick it on there with the trigger guard. But make sure it's loaded or else it will fall off.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#12]
1. Go hunting
2. Kill Deer
3. Save legs after gutting and quartering deer (meat to be processed by yourself later).
4. Follow instructions from web on how to make deer leg gun rack
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Like this

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top