Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]

C'mon guys. I'm sure he'll stand up for us on a National level the way the NY State "Republicans" did up here.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
"Consider" != "Pass"

He could be intending to say "The House considered this amazing piece of garbage, and decided to tell the Senate to fuck off."  More politely of course.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
FBHO.

Consider that instead.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

News flash, the Senate's schedule is too tight now.  Sure, Sequester passed.  But the real kicker is the Continuing Resolution which is how the budget has run since 2009.  The Senate has not passed a budget since then.

If the Senate wastes time on gun control, they won't have time for the CR and the government WILL shut down.

Some of you need to get a grip on reality.  The Speaker has pulled a Br'er Rabbit move.  And gun control is nothing more than a briar patch.

I don't think any of us are going to believe that at this point. We've watched Republicans lose battle after battle and cave on issue after issue. At this point very few of them have any credibility left and Boehner isn't one of them.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't believe any of this will take place until after the midterms it's far too risky to O's plan of total domination!!     However I am probably way off target with my wishfull thinking.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Boehner must go.

Nothing like energizing the opposition.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It says a lot for context and tone in which he said "consider". It came across as a politically acceptable way of saying "not so much".
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He wants Senate Democrats on record voting for gun control something they don't want to do for obvious reasons. Politics how does it work?

Consider how well he gargles the ball sack of the Dems, would you trust him to get any complicated political move right.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He wants Senate Democrats on record voting for gun control something they don't want to do for obvious reasons. Politics how does it work?

This.The sad thing is that something similar to the 1994 coup in the house is unlikely, but I'd wager that is what he's hoping for.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Jeez, there are lot of delusional idiots in this thread.

WHEN has Boehner EVER done the right thing?

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
News flash, the Senate's schedule is too tight now.  Sure, Sequester passed.  But the real kicker is the Continuing Resolution which is how the budget has run since 2009.  The Senate has not passed a budget since then.

If the Senate wastes time on gun control, they won't have time for the CR and the government WILL shut down.

Some of you need to get a grip on reality.  The Speaker has pulled a Br'er Rabbit move.  And gun control is nothing more than a briar patch.

Every time that fuck takes "a principled stand" he starts a fight...then promptly surrenders. Fuck him, he can't pull a bowl movement without advice and a map.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is their plan. They seem to be finally getting up to speed on democrap tactics.

Not a big Bohner fan, but this does seem like the correct trap to lay for them to use against them in the midterms, at least those up for reelection in 14.

Not a fan either. Nor do I agree with their plan.  Just my perception that's how the R's are playing the game.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Consider" != "Pass"

He could be intending to say "The House considered this amazing piece of garbage, and decided to tell the Senate to fuck off."  More politely of course.

Consider is polite political speech for  'Fuck Off!"

Im hoping your right, as if he was saying "We will think about looking at your stupid gun control bills..."
But i think the only people that will fight for our rights are US...
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

God Damn FUCKING Rinos... Mother fucking shit eats cocksuckers...

FUCK THESE FUCKING RNIOS!

WWRP do?

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Just pass it, we can read it later.

Make sure its "reasonable" and will allow me to get reelected.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#19]
A vote in the Senate could in fact be a conservative win.......never happen because those ass clowns know a bunch of them will get booted....
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/qy2LOG7tAFMtYMYIpESdyw/l.jpg

Dr will be pissed i didn't lose weight this 6 months anyway

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I agree that this is nothing more than a typical political move. The only way to find is if the Senate does pass gun control legislation.

Boehner is my Rep. and I wish someone better ran against him here, but people are getting way too ahead of themselves on this one. For how much this place loves to discuss politics, they still never take into consideration the games that are played in Washington.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boehner must go.

HOW did that Motherfucking Cry Baby RINO PIECE OF SHIT get reelected speaker?

Really, HOW?

EVERY SINGLE TIME the RNC asks me for money, I tell them to get rid of that fuck, and we'll talk.  Then, I hang up.

EVERYBODY should do the same.

By coincidence I did just that this afternoon.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
his contact page, feel free to let him know how your feel about him bending us over for the dems.

http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/

Thanks, Just sent him this:

I did not see Constitution under the "issue" tab.  Wonder why?  Anyway, Get a set of balls and defend the Constitution, primarily the 2nd Amendment.

We need to be sending them messages that they can understand.   Explain that if he even allows any gun control measures to come to the floor that you will stop spending the thousands or tends of thousands you currently do a year on guns and instead will spend that money in primary races to defeat him any anyone that supports him.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#24]
If those motherfuckers pass a single assault weapons/high cap mag ban, I will NEVER EVER fucking vote republican again.  Let it all fucking burn.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#25]
spineless.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is their plan.  They seem to be finally getting up to speed on democrap tactics.

Not a big Bohner fan, but this does seem like the correct trap to lay for them to use against them in the midterms, at least those up for reelection in 14.

The Repubs aren't that smart. They'll do some sort of compromise and fuck us.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#27]
FUCK YOU BONER!!

NO COMPROMISE, NO CONCESSIONS, NOT ONE FUCKING INCH!!

IF WE HAD MITTENS OR R. FUCKIN PAUL IN THE WH WE WOULDN'T..........OH NVM! LOOK A SQUIRREL

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I knew this would happen.

All they really want is registration and they will get it through UBC.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
spineless.

YEP. WTF is his deal? His time is running short.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Consider" != "Pass"

This is exactly right.  If I were in his shoes I would have said something like, "This bill will be given the due consideration it deserves and then filed appropriately."
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#31]
They are going to fucking sell us out
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#32]
NUTS!
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
RINO piece of shit...

He is not a RINO, he is the face of the new R party, until we the people force change, guys like Boner will stay in charge.
Obstructing the Kenyans agenda is the only reason the Rs haven't signed on to the gun control bandwagon.
Had Mittens won the election, we would've already had a new draconian AWB on the books
You know, for the children!
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Dammit Boner don't even think about it.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This. Pretty smart move actually. Didn't think he had it in him.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#36]
All the more reason to keep the pressure on all of our Congressman with emails and calls!

Don't let up!  
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Consider" != "Pass"

This is exactly right.  If I were in his shoes I would have said something like, "This bill will be given the due consideration it deserves and then filed appropriately."

My point exactly.  Even I have given documents all the consideration they deserve... right before tossing them in the shredder.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

May you be right, brother.

Yeah, I remember everyone going batshit when Bush said he'd sign the AWB renewal when it got to his desk.....knowing full well there's no way in hell it would get there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is their plan.  They seem to be finally getting up to speed on democrap tactics.

Based on their performance of the last several years, do you think it's more likely that:

A) The Republicans are setting a clever trap.

or

B) The Republicans will once again fuck us over, whilst snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Pretty smart move actually. Didn't think he had it in him.

Contrary to popular belief here, the Democrats aren't stupid.
The only thing that will pass the Senate (if anything does) will be UBC and "anti-trafficking" laws. See SB 54.
The pressure on the House Republicans to pass such a statute will be enormous because the majority of Americans have accepted the idea that the FedGov can determine which individuals will be allowed to purchase a firearm.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Contrary to popular belief here, the Democrats aren't stupid.

The only thing that will pass the Senate (if anything does) will be UBC and "anti-trafficking" laws. See SB 54.

The pressure on the House Republicans to pass such a statute will be enormous because the majority of Americans have accepted the idea that the FedGov can determine which individuals will be allowed to purchase a firearm.

You don't think they'll get a mag limit through the senate?

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Holy Shit, Guys!  Do ANY of you have any fucking idea how politics work in Washington? The Speaker DID NOT say that he would support any type of gun control legislation. He said that any bill the Sanate passed would be "considered" by the house leadership.

That means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !  Boehner knows full well that the people of his district and the people of the country do not support any type of AWB,  and you can bet your sweet ass that no gun-control measures are going to get through the House of Representatives, no matter what the Senate does.

Boehner is playing the old Washington game, and you guys here fell for it, hook, line and sinker.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#45]
In other words . . . get back to me when the Senate actually passes something.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

More excuses and equivocating to defend reprehensible behavior from Republicans.

If he were a gun writer or manufacturer then he would be getting Zumbo'd right now like you wouldn't believe.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's the end of the GOP if they do.

This. If they sell us down the road there will no longer be a reason to not start a completely new party. I already have been voting Libertarian for pretty much everyone below POTUS. A lot of good that vote for McCain and Romney did me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#48]
As much as I believe that weak kneed Boner guy will cave and sell us down the river.

He MAY have a bit of a plan, make the Democrat Senator's vote for a gun, mag ban first or UBC (registration), what ever it is get that on record for the next election. As it is now the Senate D's do not want to make that vote, and I do not think the Senate D's have the vote's for any of them to pass.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I don't give a fuck about that.  Anyone who pays attention KNOWS the democrats want gun control.  You don't want them to even get a fucking TOE in the door with this shit.

NO COMPROMISE, NO "NEGOTIATION", NOT ONE INCH.

Democrats as a whole? No doubt. But there are several rural-state D-Senators up for reelection in 2014 hoping and praying that it never comes to a vote.

Feinswine will have her vote, you can count on that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More excuses and equivocating to defend reprehensible behavior from Republicans.

If he were a gun writer or manufacturer then he would be getting Zumbo'd right now like you wouldn't believe.

What is your prediction then?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top