BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
News flash, the Senate's schedule is too tight now.  Sure, Sequester passed.  But the real kicker is the Continuing Resolution which is how the budget has run since 2009.  The Senate has not passed a budget since then.

If the Senate wastes time on gun control, they won't have time for the CR and the government WILL shut down.

Some of you need to get a grip on reality.  The Speaker has pulled a Br'er Rabbit move.  And gun control is nothing more than a briar patch.

I agree that this is nothing more than a typical political move. The only way to find is if the Senate does pass gun control legislation.

Boehner is my Rep. and I wish someone better ran against him here, but people are getting way too ahead of themselves on this one. For how much this place loves to discuss politics, they still never take into consideration the games that are played in Washington.

I have not doubt about games being always afoot on Pennsylvania Ave.  I also think putting trust in the Republican party is fool's folly.  Their (losing) record speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully there is more to this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He wants Senate Democrats on record voting for gun control something they don't want to do for obvious reasons. Politics how does it work?

This. Pretty smart move actually. Didn't think he had it in him.

No, he wants to ban guns.

so what if he gets them on record? NOTHING!

the only people who give a shit about having them on record is ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Boehner knows full well that the people of his district and the people of the country do not support any type of AWB.

Can we get the poll numbers on that?

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He wants Senate Democrats on record voting for gun control something they don't want to do for obvious reasons. Politics how does it work?

This.  Goading the Dems into cut their own throats for the midterms.....

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
News flash, the Senate's schedule is too tight now.  Sure, Sequester passed.  But the real kicker is the Continuing Resolution which is how the budget has run since 2009.  The Senate has not passed a budget since then.

If the Senate wastes time on gun control, they won't have time for the CR and the government WILL shut down.

Some of you need to get a grip on reality.  The Speaker has pulled a Br'er Rabbit move.  And gun control is nothing more than a briar patch.

More excuses and equivocating to defend reprehensible behavior from Republicans.

If he were a gun writer or manufacturer then he would be getting Zumbo'd right now like you wouldn't believe.

What is your prediction then?

He'll cave and we'll see the end of private sales, followed by a push for registration.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we both know that I'm not.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
These cock gobbling pussy faces just want to bend over and get on their hands and knees to commit political suicide.
Fuck Boehner (I'm sure it's pronounced BONER!).

Bilster

PS

Fuck Obama
Fuck Biden
Fuck Holder
Fuck Cuomo
Fuck Swinestain
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeez, there are lot of delusional idiots in this thread.

WHEN has Boehner EVER done the right thing?

Sequester.

BTW,  Bob Goodlatte and Jeff Sessions can both single-handedly stop any gun bill from going anywhere in the House.

I'm willing to bet that Goodlatte won't.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]
If those mother fucking republicans vote for ANY KIND OF GUN CONTROL, ANY I will never vote for or contribute too another republican again.

I will join the Libertarian  Party.

Fucking Period.

If that means the country gets destroyed quickly by the communist democrats and I become a felon, so fucking be it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Eliminating private citizen to citizen sale or gift of firearms would reduce the amount of money a person could make when they go to sell a firearm.  This means that a person is less likely to sell an expensive firearm like AR15 when that would probably be the wise move for them to do.  If a mother thinks she has an unstable child in her home she is more likely to consider selling her firearms if she believes she will recover the cost of purchase or close to.  

I also see a huge issue with the elderly.  If a husband dies who owns a firearm I assume under the new proposed restrictions that the spouse would have "x-amount" of days to register the firearm in her name.  Such an administrative burden on the elderly is going to lead to a lot of senior citizen women inadvertently breaking the law.  Plus, how do you realistically enforce such a thing? The practical steps to enforce it would be beyond the capabilities of most law enforcement departments without substantially increasing the amount of taxes paid by the community and turning our nation into a police state.  

So, when Republicans like Boehner hint that they'd favor "expanded background checks" it deeply concerns me that we no longer have a government willing to do logical and practical things, but instead doing whatever it takes to appease the mob and win re-election.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeez, there are lot of delusional idiots in this thread.

WHEN has Boehner EVER done the right thing?

Sequester.

BTW,  Bob Goodlatte and Jeff Sessions can both single-handedly stop any gun bill from going anywhere in the House.

I'm willing to bet that Goodlatte won't.  

Goodlatte has already said he opposes universal background checks.

We'll see.  Goodlatte says a lot of things.  It's better than a 50% shot that he caves.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

does that guy ever get up off his knees ?
Only when the guy pegging him is standing.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
You people don't even understand what he means by that....

The man isn't going to let that legislation pass. He is speaking the normal Washington language....
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Contrary to popular belief here, the Democrats aren't stupid.
The only thing that will pass the Senate (if anything does) will be UBC and "anti-trafficking" laws. See SB 54.
The pressure on the House Republicans to pass such a statute will be enormous because the majority of Americans have accepted the idea that the FedGov can determine which individuals will be allowed to purchase a firearm.

You don't think they'll get a mag limit through the senate?

I'm not sure they will really try.
There are seven Democrat Senators up for election in '14 who are vulnerable. If they all lost, control of the Senate would probably change.
Voting for a restriction on magazines might be enough to tip the scales in those races. Voting for UBCs probably won't.
The disarmers will take what they can get  this time around.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Why vote Republican anymore is the question I am asking myself now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why vote Republican anymore is the question I am asking myself now.

It's a question I ask every election cycle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The man isn't going to let that legislation pass. He is speaking the normal Washington language....

Why doesn't he just say that?  When I translate Washington language I get "prepare your anus for a fuck'n, we're coming for your guns"

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is their plan.  They seem to be finally getting up to speed on democrap tactics.

While I would like to believe that is the case, I don't. Mr. Weepy has shown himself to be without a spine on numerous occasions.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd just assume they stop dicking around.  Go ahead, Congress, do it.  

Get this shit over and done with
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#24]
there is really only one party now, it's been that way for awhile. Whoever controls the WH controls everything.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why doesn't he just say that?  When I translate Washington language I get "prepare your anus for a fuck'n, we're coming for your guns"  

Because like it or not, when Republican leaders come out and say "FUCK YOU LIBS, WE AIN'T VOTING ON SHIT", it negatively impacts the party because of the liberal media blitz.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, no.  I don't think so.

Was he crying when he pulled up Der Zero's pants?
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because like it or not, when Republican leaders come out and say "FUCK YOU LIBS, WE AIN'T VOTING ON SHIT", it negatively impacts the party because of the liberal media blitz.
How about "we believe in the right to keep and bear arms and will oppose any measure that will do such"?  What he's doing isn't leadership.  What he's doing is killing moral.  The liberal media will always react badly against us.  We need to stop being in fear of them.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That theory would be valid if he was politically astute and not some appeasing bitch
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

IMO this is what is going on. He is trying to have it both ways, get the vulnerable senators on record, it probably wont pass the senate, then he can blame the democrats. If it does pass the senate 99% of what the antis want will never pass the house, he can then say they were too extreme.

I hate seeing them play politics with our rights but thats the game in DC.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

How about "we believe in the right to keep and bear arms and will oppose any measure that will do such"?  What he's doing isn't leadership.  What he's doing is killing moral.  The liberal media will always react badly against us.  We need to stop being in fear of them.

Well I don't really know what else to tell you besides writing the man a letter or something....
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks again ohio................

Couldn't let you AZ guys have all the glory with limp-dick McCain and Big Sis.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Couldn't let you AZ guys have all the glory with limp-dick McCain and Big Sis.

TRUTH spoken right there.  

As much as I appreciate McCain's military service, he seriously needs to retire.  Big Sis can simply kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#34]

I think more politics is at play. White house realized it blew it on gun control, hence the stupid Obama shotgun picture. Boh may just want to get more Dems in the Senate on the record for gun control.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boehner must go.

HOW did that Motherfucking Cry Baby RINO PIECE OF SHIT get reelected speaker?

Really, HOW?

EVERY SINGLE TIME the RNC asks me for money, I tell them to get rid of that fuck, and we'll talk.  Then, I hang up.

EVERYBODY should do the same.

I stopped giving when they nominated McCain to run and I tell them I won't give as long as they keep nominating RINO's.  At least my congressman is a defender of the 2nd amendment.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I think that several people got it right.  Instead of lambasting Boehner, he may be laying a trap for the liberals.

Go ahead Senate, pass legislation and go on record...Then we will consider it for a few minutes and say "No thanks...no attacks on the US Constitution on our watch."
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Move to a free sta...oh.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#38]
they will get what they deserve.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Relax guys.  Consider doesn't mean pass anything.   It would help us political to get a list of people who vote for it so we can run against them in the mid terms.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Any House Republican who votes for gun control is going to have a hard time getting reelected, because conservatives will either stay home or vote against them out of spite.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Traitors occupy both sides of the isle. This country is fooked more than most are willing to admit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Cry baby boner would shit his pants if someone poped a paper bag in the room. No guts and no backbone.

I'm done with the re-PUBLICAN party on so many levels I can't even put it into words.

Time for something different...........................
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#44]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1420312_Rugers_Take_Action.html

Looks like I need to hit this more often. Not that Boner notices thought.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#45]

History will remember November 4th 2014 as the day the Republicans went the way of the Dodo.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

only to wipe his mouth
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This.  The base needs to save recriminations for after something passes.  Bush always said he would sign an AWB because he knew it would never reach his desk after the 1994 debacle.

Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That would be good if that is what he wants to do, set the senate up for a republican  take over, but i doubt he is that smart. I believe it means just what he said.
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Boehner must go.

Agreed.

Also, your avatar picture is excellent.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Boehner must go.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top