Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2001 7:00:52 PM EDT
I just recieved this email from my girlfriend.  She said that it was sent to her by my younger sister(she is 12 years old).

After reading the poem I asked my sister if she wrote it and whether or not she has any any problems in school or at home. She said that she didn't write it, but got it from one of her friends.  

I am really worried about her now.  Can You guys tell me it you have seen this poem before,
I really need to know if she wrote it or not.

> > > > > >Mommy...

> > > > > >
> > > > > >bobby brought a gun to school,
> > > > > >and he told his friends that it was cool.
> > > > > >when he pulled the trigger back,
> > > > > >it shot with a great crack.
> > > > > >mommy, i was a good girl,
> > > > > >i did what i was told,
> > > > > >i went to school, i got straight a's,
> > > > > >i even got the gold!
> > > > > >but mommy, when i went school that day,
> > > > > >i never said good-bye,
> > > > > >i'm sorry mommy, i had to go,
> > > > > >but mommy, please don't cry.
> > > > > >when bobby shot the gun,
> > > > > >he hit me and another,
> > > > > >and all because bobby,
> > > > > >got the gun from his OLDER BROTHER.
> > > > > >mommy, please tell daddy;
> > > > > >that i love him very much,
> > > > > >and please tell chris; my boyfriend;
> > > > > >that it wasn't just a crush.
> > > > > >and tell my little sister;
> > > > > >that she is the only one now,
> > > > > >and tell my dear sweet grandmother;
> > > > > >i'll be waiting for her now,
> > > > > >and tell my wonderful friends;
> > > > > >that they always were the best;
> > > > > >mommy, i'm not the first,
> > > > > >i'm no better than the rest.
> > > > > >mommy, tell my teachers;
> > > > > >i won't show up for class,
> > > > > >and never to forget this,
> > > > > >and please don't let this pass.
> > > > > >mommy, why'd it have to be me?
> > > > > >no one deserves this,
> > > > > >mommy, warn the others,
> > > > > >mommy i left without a kiss.
> > > > > >and mommy tell the doctors;
> > > > > >i know they really did try,
> > > > > >i think i even saw a doctor,
> > > > > >trying not to cry.
> > > > > >mommy, i'm slowly dying,
> > > > > >with a bullet in my chest,
> > > > > >but mommy please remember,
> > > > > >i'm in heaven with the rest.
> > > > > >mommy i ran as fast as i could,
> > > > > >when i heard that crack,
> > > > > >mommy, listen to me if you would,
> > > > > >i'm not coming back.
> > > > > >i wanted to go to college,
> > > > > >i wanted to try things that were new,
> > > > > >i guess i'm not going with daddy,
> > > > > >on that trip to the new zoo.
> > > > > >i wanted to get married,
> > > > > >i wanted to have a kid,
> > > > > >i wanted to be an actress,
> > > > > >mommy, i wanted to live.
> > > > > >but mommy i must go now,
> > > > > >the time is getting late,
> > > > > >mommy, tell my boyfriend,
> > > > > >i'm sorry but i had to cancel the date.
> > > > > >i love you mommy, i always have,
> > > > > >i know; you know it's true,
> > > > > >and mommy all i wanted to say is,
> > > > > >"mommy, i love you."
> > > > > >
> > > > > >**in memory of the school shootings**  
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
my gut response is to say written by some anti trying to play off emotions of ignorant people.

or it could just be a teenager, filled with emotions (remember being that age) who's confused and frustrated with the crap in schools.

do you know who the friend is that gave it to her or where that friend got it?

Link Posted: 4/9/2001 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
great just what we need more anti gun crap

if this little ho just cut from school and had sex with her boyfriend while smoking pot in her moms house while no one was home. she'd be alive today
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]
No doubt an e-mailer taking advantage of outlook express forwarding dumb e-mail to everyone in the users address book.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't say I have ever seen this one, but it is very simular to one's written about Drinking and Driving.

I don't have a problem with this kind of poem. It might make someone think for just that split second and save thier life.

Recently (I haven't seen this on the board yet), 5 Teens in Louisville were arrested for "Conspiricy to commit Murder" had drawings of the school, where who would be at what time. No weapons were found though. Someone found the map and turned it over to school authorities. This may have stopped a tragedy!

I know someone may flame me as this might be a "Thought Police Action". If it had been the school where my children attend, I damn well would wanted them arrested and this matter investigated! If it is just B.S., then they will walk, if not, let them do the time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Smells like MMM crap to me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have got a similar version in my e-mail before and my little sister brought a copy home from school one day.  One was deleated the other thrown in the trash.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, this is just a modified version of the same poem about drunk driving.  It has been around for years and years.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Knowing that this poem is somehow connected to my younger sister really worries me. I believe she is telling me the truth when she said didn’t write it, but I can’t get it out of my head knowing that there are kids out there trying to commit a “copycat” of previous school shootings.  I’ve went ahead and told my parents about this and they said they will talk to her about it.  

Thanks for all your input.

Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Boom, where are you getting the copy cat idea? if nothing else this letter is written by the girl's sprite after she has passed away. and all the things she never had a chance to say before her death.

the whole  body of this poem is to get you upset due to the fact she die in her prime.and never got a chance to full her wishes and dreams
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes i have read this one before on the net and i also got it in an E-Mail awhile back
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
BoomBoom , You must take this serious. You must talk with your sister and make sure nothing is wrong with her or one of her friend's !! Just last week a 13yr old girl shot and killed her self in the girl's bathroom at an Intermediate school in Houston. This is a horrible thing to happen !!!  We must pay more attension to our loved ones !!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Glory Glory Halleluya, Glory Glory Halleluya, Went behind the door with a loaded 44 and teacer ain't teacher no more.

Don't know how many times I heard this or sang this as a kid.

Know what no one took it serious, no one got killed, and no one cared.

Learned to shoot trap in high school. Part of PE class we kept the shotguns in our lockers.

Link Posted: 4/10/2001 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#13]
David,
Where the f**k did you go to school (and when)?!?  Damn wish is was born back then, at my schools IF you even mentioned you liked to shoot you were off to see the principle and the shcool shrink, where you were grilled as to why you had an anger problem?!?
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe I am over analyzing this issue and it is causing me to over react.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I like "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun" by Julie Brown much better:

http://gunther.simplenet.com/v/data/thehomec.htm
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
This is no way written by a 12 years old.  It was written by someone and been passed around in school.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I am assuming that you did a cut and past from the email your girlfriend received. The greater than signs in front of each line is an indication that this email has been forwarded several times. A greater than sign gets tagged at the beginning of each line everytime it gets forwarded/replied.  It is not likely that she wrote it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By California Kid:
I like "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun" by Julie Brown much better:

[url]http://gunther.simplenet.com/v/data/thehomec.htm[/url]
View Quote

That's sick dude.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks, you guys have been really helpful.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Boomboom, thank you for posting that poem.  My name is Jamie, and i am an undergraduate student enrolled in the "College of Education" at A&M.  I have had a lot of doubts recently about whether I would be a good teacher, and whether or not I would make a difference in the lives of the children that I teach.  There are a lot of children out there who just need someone to reach out a hand and tell them that everything will be okay.  Teaching is not merely a job, it is a dream.  I thought that I had lost that dream, but I was only doubting myself and what I knew that I was capable of.  I say talk to her.  I have never seen this poem before now, but that does not mean anything. Simply because she did not write the poem, does not mean that she is not using it to ask for help.  Maybe she just has some questions.  My advice is to follow your heart, and do what you think is right.  I know that many children are scared.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top