Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You're either with us or against us.

Agreed. No Armalite for me should they continue down this foolish course.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good on you OP for speaking up
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
To those members of the forum who've questioned the authenticity of the original email I posted, it is 100% legitimate.

It's pretty hilarious that so many doubters base their skepticism SOLELY on my post count.

I'm simply a NYer who's had enough of this bullshit and thought other gun owners would find ArmaLite's position on 2nd Amendment protections less than inspiring.

No axe to grind, I'm not a competitor, former employee or have a DAMN thing to do with the firearms industry.

I like to do business with companies that respect my rights, and wanted others to know what ArmaLite has said in response to helping NYers.

Here's a reply from ArmaLite's Top Dog Mark Westrom, and far from a strong showing of support like LaRue and other makers with courage have demonstrated.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Armalite/64911537585

Thanks for posting this email. I just received a concerned telephone call about it, an email from the staffer who stimulated the mail.

I think a bit of clarification is in order.

The root of the matter is a HUGE series of inquiries by both email and telephone asking ArmaLite to cut off sales to New York and other states which deny its citizens the right to own our rifles, as several other firms have done. Some of the contacts have been duplicates of others and some were so redundant that they appeared to be spam. Many of them have been rude and I'm afraid one of my staffers thought that he was responding to a spammer and was more terse than he should have been. Once he realized what happened he came to me and apologized.

My purpose here is to pass on his apology from the corporate level and to answer the initial question: What is ArmaLite going to do?

ArmaLite is continuing a policy put into place when California first banned our rifles. That policy remains:

1. We will not sell to those states which deny it's honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's.

2. We do not halt sales to individual officers even in problematic states. I am a former Police Officer myself, and the staffer who stimulated the recent anger is a currently serving one. We are well familiar with the fact that most rifles serving Police Officers are purchased by the officers themselves, and that they shouldn't be punished for the actions of their political elite.

We consider sales to those sate subdivisions which are not engaged or potentially engaged with disarming its citizens. DNR and Forestry Departments, for instance, sometimes serve in remote areas that conceal drug farms and their officers deserve good hardware.

3. We will not sell to those lower political subdivisions that deny their honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's. Chicago, for instance, prohibits its citizens from owning ArmaLite's within the city limits so we make no effort to sell into that city. We have many friends on the Chicago Police Department and have continued to sell to them individually.

Our observation is that most County Sheriffs disagree with banning sales of our rifles and many publicly refuse to enforce such laws. We sell to those departments and to their Deputies, but will not sell to those County departments headed by Sheriffs who would deny their citizens the same rights.

In short, Americans need not worry that ArmaLite is selling to those who betray them.

As you can see by reading posts on the topic, some readers have been harsh with their criticism of ArmaLite. It was in response to this atmosphere that my staffer reacted harshly. He's come to me and apologized and I personally am passing my own apology along with his.

But don't be mistaken, ArmaLite is strongly involved with both personal, corporate, and political efforts at the State, National, and International level to protect our civil rights. And we'll continue to support your shooting needs as the situation moves forward.

Respectfully,

Mark Westrom

President,

ArmaLite Inc.

You have an opportunity here to set a standard for the future. A reference point if this ever happens again, and it will. Future gun companies will look back on this time in history RIGHT NOW and base there decision on what the firearm manufacturers and retailers today did, and the outcome it produced. This GOLDEN opportunity RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, is being missed. And the sad part is. You're watching it and you're waving at it as its passing by. It is right in your face and yet you choose to look a different direction. Current firearm owners will remember this. And when they have a friend or family member looking to get into the AR world they will steer them elsewhere because of your lack of action. I was looking real hard at getting an AR-10. My money is going to go to who is supporting my rights right now. And you can be damn sure I will send everyone else looking to get an AR to a company who stood up for what was right. A Larue is more and more likely to be in my future. Be mindful of the fact that you aren't losing my sale. You're losing the sale of everyone who comes after me as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Apparently, 2 or 3 of site staff don't want to see Armless get their feelings hurt,  ie;  site sponsor.

I like to jump in on the bashing as much as I can but MODS defending a company because it is a site sponsor won't fly. If you remember the CTD editing days before that fun got taken away I believe there were few funny edits by the mods themselves. They all have their own opinion. Even if some of them are wrong most of the time.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
"Equal Protection Under The Law"...we have to many "exemptions" to too many laws!!!

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm bailing on Armalite as well
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#7]
As the owner of Armalite I will not sell any Armalite's in the states that have banned Armalites.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
ArmaLite - Preferred by 4 out of 5 jack booted thugs.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
They took their response down from their facebook page and I'm sure it will disappear from here too. They were getting hammered on FB.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
They just took their facebook response page down.  They were getting hammered bad!
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They just took their facebook response page down.  They were getting hammered bad!

Damn they sure did, that's the last thing they want to do. People get a lot nastier when they feel like their opinions are being deleted.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm unable to write on their wall.
Armalite=fail

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks OP

I've been wanting an AR10 guess I will have to get an AR10 from another manufacturer
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think that honor belongs to Colt, but Armalite has just clearly made it's intentions known that they're gunning for the title. A few site staff are all on board with it, too. That is even more disappointing.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh.  Stuff like this just makes the next purchase decision a little easier.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I had an "Armalite sold us out Photoshop thread"

It got locked. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, fuck Armalite.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that honor belongs to Colt, but Armalite has just clearly made it's intentions known that they're gunning for the title. A few site staff are all on board with it, too. That is even more disappointing.    

Is Armalite a site sponsor?  At the end of the day, money matters, sadly.  It's why the likes of Glock & S&W, the two companies who could have the biggest impact, will never join the boycott.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn they sure did, that's the last thing they want to do. People get a lot nastier when they feel like their opinions are being deleted.

Their batting average is not very good today.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are these threads getting locked?

Industry Partner.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their batting average is not very good today.  

Tellin' ya.. in today's opinionated world the last thing they want to do is delete people's opinions.. this is going to bite them back ten times worse than selling out to LEO.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
To those members of the forum who've questioned the authenticity of the original email I posted, it is 100% legitimate.

It's pretty hilarious that so many doubters base their skepticism SOLELY on my post count.

I'm simply a NYer who's had enough of this bullshit and thought other gun owners would find ArmaLite's position on 2nd Amendment protections less than inspiring.

No axe to grind, I'm not a competitor, former employee or have a DAMN thing to do with the firearms industry.

I like to do business with companies that respect my rights, and wanted others to know what ArmaLite has said in response to helping NYers.

Here's a reply from ArmaLite's Top Dog Mark Westrom, and far from a strong showing of support like LaRue and other makers with courage have demonstrated.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Armalite/64911537585

Thanks for posting this email. I just received a concerned telephone call about it, an email from the staffer who stimulated the mail.

I think a bit of clarification is in order.

The root of the matter is a HUGE series of inquiries by both email and telephone asking ArmaLite to cut off sales to New York and other states which deny its citizens the right to own our rifles, as several other firms have done. Some of the contacts have been duplicates of others and some were so redundant that they appeared to be spam. Many of them have been rude and I'm afraid one of my staffers thought that he was responding to a spammer and was more terse than he should have been. Once he realized what happened he came to me and apologized.

My purpose here is to pass on his apology from the corporate level and to answer the initial question: What is ArmaLite going to do?

ArmaLite is continuing a policy put into place when California first banned our rifles. That policy remains:

1. We will not sell to those states which deny it's honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's.

2. We do not halt sales to individual officers even in problematic states. I am a former Police Officer myself, and the staffer who stimulated the recent anger is a currently serving one. We are well familiar with the fact that most rifles serving Police Officers are purchased by the officers themselves, and that they shouldn't be punished for the actions of their political elite.

We consider sales to those sate subdivisions which are not engaged or potentially engaged with disarming its citizens. DNR and Forestry Departments, for instance, sometimes serve in remote areas that conceal drug farms and their officers deserve good hardware.

3. We will not sell to those lower political subdivisions that deny their honorable citizens the right to own ArmaLite's. Chicago, for instance, prohibits its citizens from owning ArmaLite's within the city limits so we make no effort to sell into that city. We have many friends on the Chicago Police Department and have continued to sell to them individually.

Our observation is that most County Sheriffs disagree with banning sales of our rifles and many publicly refuse to enforce such laws. We sell to those departments and to their Deputies, but will not sell to those County departments headed by Sheriffs who would deny their citizens the same rights.

In short, Americans need not worry that ArmaLite is selling to those who betray them.

As you can see by reading posts on the topic, some readers have been harsh with their criticism of ArmaLite. It was in response to this atmosphere that my staffer reacted harshly. He's come to me and apologized and I personally am passing my own apology along with his.

But don't be mistaken, ArmaLite is strongly involved with both personal, corporate, and political efforts at the State, National, and International level to protect our civil rights. And we'll continue to support your shooting needs as the situation moves forward.

Respectfully,

Mark Westrom

President,

ArmaLite Inc.

Why should police that enforce unconstitutional laws get a pass on being able to buy a rifle if they buy it personally?
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Which thread are we allowed to post in without it getting locked

Ask Striker & TBK. then proceed with caution

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Just copied this from a secret site staff location...

Attention...Alert....All hands on deck!!!!!!

Get to GD right now and defend Armalite at all costs.  This is a level one emergency and all of site staff is being ordered into defensive positions.  Someone go wake up Aimless, his nap should have been over two hours ago anyway.  Get DK_Prof out of the faculty lounge, VA-Gunnut is up to his eyeballs in GD douchebaggery and TBK is about to tear the head off another kitten.

On another note....Please help us all remind Paul that hotpockets do not need to be microwaved for 4 minutes.  It makes them hard to get off the paper plate and you have to wait too long to eat them.  

XXXOOO

Your anonymous arfcom site staff director

If everyone on staff was in a burning building we would burn to death arguing what to do before we would ever all agree to simply leave.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Get to GD right now and defend Armalite at all costs.  This is a level one emergency and all of site staff is being ordered into defensive positions.  Someone go wake up Aimless, his nap should have been over two hours ago anyway.  Get DK_Prof out of the faculty lounge, VA-Gunnut is up to his eyeballs in GD douchebaggery and TBK is about to tear the head off another kitten.

On another note....Please help us all remind Paul that hotpockets do not need to be microwaved for 4 minutes.  It makes them hard to get off the paper plate and you have to wait too long to eat them.  

XXXOOO

If everyone on staff was in a burning building we would burn to death arguing what to do before we would ever all agree to simply leave.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I can understand the man's reasoning.  He has a business to run.

I'm also sure he can understand that continuing sales to any political entity within those states deprives our cause of a potential avenue for redressing the damage done to our rights in those states.  A hue and cry from these political entitiies would likely resonate loudly within the political apparatus of the states in question.  Possibly more so than a clamor from the electorate.

For that reason, assuming a further clarification from Armalite is not forthcoming, I will not purchase any Armalite products, and will discourage others from doing so as well.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They took their response down from their facebook page and I'm sure it will disappear from here too. They were getting hammered on FB.

If you dont think that 87 people havent screenshotted every reply and facebook post by them on the issue youre sorley mistaken.
Ask CTD
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok Listen up if Armalite is publicly traded company like Smith and Ruger they have to conduct business in the best interest of their shareholders
they have to get permission of the shareholders on company policy
If they are a private company they can do the right thing with out worrying about violating any anti trust laws
Looks like their screwing the pooch on this one
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Ah what the hell. IBTL.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
why was it locked?

low post count by OP...
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you dont think that 87 people havent screenshotted every reply and facebook post by them on the issue youre sorley mistaken.

They just took down the entire Facebook page.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Heading over to GB to sell the AR10 and AR180b -- between the two I should net enough to buy a nice 308 AR rifle that takes magpul mags etc. So long Armalite stuck by you long enough hoping you would come back with a strong stance on this issue --but you maneged to take the gubmint side in a non comital mealey mouth tryin to have it both ways non answer. Hasta la vista baby!
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I think the original locked thread ended up being an embarrassment to a member of Staff, which was why it ended up being locked.  That's just my take.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is Armalite a site sponsor?  At the end of the day, money matters, sadly.  It's why the likes of Glock & S&W, the two companies who could have the biggest impact, will never join the boycott.

The elephant in the room many here aren't bright enough to see is the fact this little boycott will have absolutely ZERO effect unless EVERY SINGLE mfr. joins in.  They won't.  They can't.  I have no idea why Armalite has been singled out.  Of course, many will jump around and throw feces like monkeys while ignoring the fact Colt, FN, Glock, etc. etc. will still be selling to ban states.  

Armalite has supported this site and its members in a HUGE way--Olympic Arms has never done ANYTHING for anyone but themselves, but some are expressing love for them.  Idiotic, IMO.  

It's not the stance causing them the issue.  It is the way they addressed it.   Think about it, if you wave your ass around in an ass kicking contest, it's gonna get kicked.

This is a marvelous PR failure, nothing more.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
why was it locked?

low post count by OP...

Someday I hope to have 76,000+ posts..................................but then I wouldn't have any time to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The elephant in the room many here aren't bright enough to see is the fact this little boycott will have absolutely ZERO effect unless EVERY SINGLE mfr. joins in.  They won't.  They can't.  I have no idea why Armalite has been singled out.  Of course, many will jump around and throw feces like monkeys while ignoring the fact Colt, FN, Glock, etc. etc. will still be selling to ban states.  

Armalite has supported this site and its members in a HUGE way--Olympic Arms has never done ANYTHING for anyone but themselves, but some are expressing love for them.  Idiotic, IMO.  

They got singled out because their sales guy was a dick to some guy here.  Then he made it worse.  Then the CEO made it much worse.  Now they're deleting FB posts and are making it even worse than it was.  They make great rifles, I love mine, but they are fucking up the PR game.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody had to be the first to speak up and refuse to sit at the back of the bus. More will follow. It takes time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
When LEOs in ban states come for your black rifles, they can always rely on Armalite rifles to get the job done.

only if privately purchased by the officers using them...
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#43]
To make progress in our fight, screws need to be twisted. And armalite is failing to turn those screws.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#44]
not another dime...

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
why was it locked?

low post count by OP...

Someday I hope to have 76,000+ posts..................................but then I wouldn't have any time to shoot.

You live in NY.......It won't be long and you won't have anything to shoot or anywhere to shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Didn't Olympic also fuck us in terms of imported ammo when they came out with an AR pistol?
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

XXXOOO

There'd also have to be time for some gay jokes.  When one of us actually catches fire, there will be multiple "flaming" jokes.  

[/] thread derailment,  

Like this?   Dorner was so gay, he was flaming.

(sorry, I couldn't help myself. )

thread derailment [/]

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Again with insulting the paying customers. Are you sure you don't work for ArmaLite Sales?

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ok Listen up if Armalite is publicly traded company like Smith and Ruger they have to conduct business in the best interest of their shareholders
they have to get permission of the shareholders on company policy
If they are a private company they can do the right thing with out worrying about violating any anti trust laws
Looks like their screwing the pooch on this one

Privately owned company, so no stock holders.

Too bad, because I'd short that stock like a bitch in the morning.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top