Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2013 7:40:19 AM EDT
I ordered something from Cope's a couple of weeks ago. They shipped it FedEx and sent me a tracking number. I kept an eye on it and the package finally made it to a facility and hour and a half south of here. Early Saturday morning it was posted "On FedEx vehicle for delivery", so I assumed it would be here that day. I was home all day but the truck never showed up.

That was all I knew for the next two days. This morning I check the tracking and a little while ago it was posted "Shipment exception, Cannot locate recipient" back at that facility.

This is the first time I recall having anything sent FedEx. Everything I've done in the past has been sent UPS or USPS. I'm not hard to find. I'm in a small town, just south of the largest town in the county, and my house is right off the main road through town. The other guys have never had trouble finding me. Is this typical for FedEx? Does this mean they'll send it back to Cope's now?

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#1]
it probably means the Fedex guy wanted to get home early that day and didn't feel like hitting your rural community to deliver one package, so it is still on the truck. With Presidents day flocking up all orders, you probably get it tomorrow

Fedex is also known for holding packages until the exact day they have listed in their tracking as expected delivery day...even if it arrives a day or so early at the local facility.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, FX is good for that.
Call 1-800-go fedex, you may be better off having them hold for pickup, and go pick it up
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Fed Ex Ground or Express ground service sucks if you have a hard to find house..
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]
They are waiting for you to contact them, your phone # probably isn't on the pkg. Your  address could be slightly wrong on pkg, misspelled street, or mistyped digit on house #. so it doesn't route directions to your house. or  no address clearly marked on your house, house # covered by snow etc... I'm a fedex driver and usually have at least 1 pkg a day that I am unable to deliver because of one of these reasons. 1-800- gofedex
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I just checked again and the delivery date was changed to tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered something from Cope's a couple of weeks ago. They shipped it FedEx and sent me a tracking number. I kept an eye on it and the package finally made it to a facility and hour and a half south of here. Early Saturday morning it was posted "On FedEx vehicle for delivery", so I assumed it would be here that day. I was home all day but the truck never showed up.

That was all I knew for the next two days. This morning I check the tracking and a little while ago it was posted "Shipment exception, Cannot locate recipient" back at that facility.

This is the first time I recall having anything sent FedEx. Everything I've done in the past has been sent UPS or USPS. I'm not hard to find. I'm in a small town, just south of the largest town in the county, and my house is right off the main road through town. The other guys have never had trouble finding me. Is this typical for FedEx? Does this mean they'll send it back to Cope's now?

FedEx generally won't deliver a package on Saturday unless the shipper paid extra for Saturday delivery, even if the package is sitting at the warehouse ready to go.  If they put it on the truck Saturday morning, the driver most likely decided not to deliver it because it wasn't marked for Sat delivery.

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Wrong Fedex home delivery works Saturdays and has Mondays off, which is why I am off today. Saturday is generally my busiest day of the week!
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Fed ex is a bullshit shipper and I will never use them again. Bass Pro shipped some stuff through them and they took 2 days longer than it said to get it to my local post office not even my house. Then my post office took 2 more days getting it to me because there policy doesn't  allow it to leave there for one full day.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#9]
When I moved into a new subdivision I had problems with this because my address didn't pop up on GPS/google maps.

At least UPS called me and I gave him driving instructions to my house.  With FedEx I tracked the package all the way to my county...then the package started going back in the opposite direction.  I call to ask WTF and they said "Couldn't find address".  They were also unable to turn that package around again.  Had to have the company I ordered from reship it.  Now FedEx doesn't deliver to my house.  They drop it off at the post office.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fed ex is a bullshit shipper and I will never use them again. Bass Pro shipped some stuff through them and they took 2 days longer than it said to get it to my local post office not even my house. Then my post office took 2 more days getting it to me because there policy doesn't  allow it to leave there for one full day.

Are you talking about FedEx SmartPost?  That's about the slowest delivery option available.  FedEx delivers it to your local post office, and the post office delivers it to you.   And for both companies, it's almost dead last as far as delivery priority.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wrong Fedex home delivery works Saturdays and has Mondays off, which is why I am off today. Saturday is generally my busiest day of the week!

Home Delivery is Tue-Sat, and Ground is Mon-Fri right?

Link Posted: 2/18/2013 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Home Delivery is Tue-Sat, and Ground is Mon-Fri right?

Correct which is why I is off today too!

Addresses are not the devils numbers people have them visible on your house and most of your problems will go away
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
My FedEx shipment has been sitting at the local PO for two days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top