Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
there was a draft for WWII, right?

Were there any deferrments for college back then?

Yes, basically the same ones as during 'nam.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The NRA is not a branch of the government and the NRA President isn't an elected official - he's the head of a private entity so who cares about his military service? He's not starting wars or sending people in harms way and I don't recall him misrepresenting himself as a war hero. What difference does it make?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm still curious about what the OP desire is to mud sling against the NRA given the current political climate.

I'm not - trolls can FOAD for all I care...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did Jane Fonda provide aid and comfort to the enemy by posing for propaganda pictures?

She did and should have been tried.

Wayne Lapierre is the president of a group that I pay money into, to represent me in at the capital A group that I endorse. I just want to know if he dodged the draft

During that time lots of us "dodged the draft". Anyone who went to college got a deferment. I'd dare to say that fewer than 10% of my peers ever even got close to Vietnam. Most who couldn't get, or lost their deferments joined the National Guard, Air Force or anything else that'd keep them out of the nastiest stuff. That didn't make any of us less American. Remember, the whole mess was started and escalated by Democrats. John Kerry "served in Vietnam" and he'd take your 2nd Amendment rights away in a heartbeat, given the chance. So, who gives a rats ass whether or not Wayne LaPierre dodged the draft or not?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Surprize Democrats who walked the walk

DEMOCRATIC LEADERS who "walked the walk" :

While most Democrats don't just say that war should be the last resort but truly believe it and try to resolve conflicts through more peaceful means, when just wars have been necessary and unavoidable, they have a long established record of putting their own lives and those of their own children on the line, rather than persuading other people to sacrifice themselves and their children: Sen. & Presidential Candidate McGovern, one of the elite few Air Force bomber pilots to fly the maximum 35 successful bombing missions in WW II. Stephen Ambrose, who wrote a book about him, called him "one of the greatest patriots I know."

Jack Valenti ( President L.B. Johnson's special personal assistant) flew 51 combat missions as the pilot-commander of a B-25 attack bomber and received four decorations.

The famous liberal Democrat Norman Lear (of Archie Bunker fame) also flew 52 bombing missions, during that war, 37 of them over Nazi Germany.

Former Vice President Al Gore – enlisted August 1969; sent to Vietnam January 1971 as an army journalist, assigned to the 20th Engineer Brigade headquartered at Bien Hoa, an air base twenty miles northeast of Saigon.

Sen. John Kerry, Lt., U.S. Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V, and three awards of the Purple Heart for his service in combat.

Gov. & President Jimmy Carter: Lt. Commander in the Navy 1946-53.

Gov. & presidential candidate, Michael Dukakis: Army 1955-57.

Sen. John Glenn: WWII and Korea; six DFCs; Air Medal w/18 Clusters.

During World War II, Sen, & VP Hubert Humphrey tried twice to join the armed forces, but was rejected both times due to a hernia.

Gov. & U.S. Sen. Chuck Robb: U.S. Marine Corps, 1961-70, Vietnam.

Sen. Daniel Inouye, US Army 1943-'47; Medal of Honor, World War Two.

Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA) – U.S. Army, 1951-1953.

Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA) – U.S. Marine served in combat in Vietnam 1968-69, and was awarded the Navy Cross, Silver Star, Bronze Star with combat V, and Purple Heart.

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) – Lt., U.S. Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74.

Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI) – U.S. Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91.

Sen. Fritz Hollings (D-SC) – served as a U.S. Army officer in World War II, receiving the Bronze Star and seven campaign ribbons.

Senate Democratic Leader Tom Daschle, 1st Lt., U.S. Air Force SAC 1969-72.

Sen. Bob Kerrey, Lt. j.g., U.S. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam

Sen. Max Cleland, Captain, U.S. Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam.

Sen. Howell Heflin: .USMC WWII, Silver Star, Purple Heart (x2)

Rep. Richard Gephardt, former House Minority Leader – Missouri Air National Guard, 1965-71..

Rep. David Bonior – Staff Sgt., United States Air Force 1968-72.

Rep. Charles Rangel, Staff Sgt., U.S. Army 1948-52; Rangel served with distinction at the front in Korea. "where he received both a Purple Heart for being injured and a Bronze Star for bravery. The wounded Rangel led 40 of his comrades for three days behind enemy lines rather than surrender." [http://www.answers.com/topic/charles-b-rangel]

Rep. Jack Murtha (D-PA) – distinguished 37-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts, retired from the Marine Corps Reserve as a colonel in 1990.

Rep. Leonard Boswell (D-IA) – Lt. Col., U.S. Army 1956-76; two tours in Vietnam, two Distinguished Flying Crosses as a helicopter pilot, two Bronze Stars, and the Soldier's Medal.

Former Representative "Pete" Peterson, Air Force Captain, POW, Ambassador to Viet Nam, and recipient of the Purple Heart, the Silver Star and the Legion of Merit.

Rep. Mike Thompson, D-CA: Staff sergeant/platoon leader with the 173rd Airborne Brigade, U.S. Army; was wounded and received a Purple Heart.

Rep. Pete Stark, D-CA, served in the Air Force 1955-57.

Rep. Tom Lantos: Served in Hungarian underground in WWII.

Rep. Jim McDermott: Navy.

Rep. Joe Stupak, served Navy 1974-2005,vice-Admiral

Gray Davis, California Governor, Army Captain in Vietnam; received Bronze Star.

Bill McBride, Democratic Candidate for Florida Governor – volunteered and served as a U.S. Marine in Vietnam; awarded Bronze Star with a combat "V."

Gen. Wesley

Clark, Democratic Presidential Candidate – lengthy military career.

I'm noticing something distinctly partisan about your list:  In the list of Republicans, it shows those who got out of service during Viet Nam.

In the list of the Democrats, it shows a fair amount who served in peacetime outside of Viet Nam or Korea.  Care to post a link to your source, or does it include "democratunderground" in its url?

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still curious about what the OP desire is to mud sling against the NRA given the current political climate.

? Mudslinging I just want to know why he didn't go to Vietnam if his number came up.

I don't believe that is the case as you are posted a open ended inflammatory question  to an allegation that was made in the Miami Herald that by the way is still not a substantiated fact (other than being more leftist driven mudslinging bullshit) on what is probably the most hardcore gun board in the world while attacking the credibility of a high ranking member of the most powerful 2nd amendment lobbyist organization in the US

Not oddly enough you then post about coming from a multi generational military family who has done service while coming from you needing to know if Wayne Lapeirre did not serve in Nam due to a medical reason (see 1st sentence)while tossing in the token cover your tracks rhetoric with I am a NRA member etc to soft pad your approach.

Yes, you have 1st amendment rights as well but if this dribble is not a motive for slander I don't know what is. And again the timing of your question given the current political climate regarding firearm ownership speaks volumes of hidden intentions troll

To be honest I have been an NRA member since sometime in 2006, I paid my dues and read the magazines, like a lot of people I really didn't pay much attention to the inner working of the NRA other than lobbying for the 2nd, I wasn't really intrested in much else until I started getting calls about the UN coming to take my guns asking for more money and then I started googling Wayne Lappiere after his time spent on the hill talking to Biden and everyone else. I wanted to know why it seems like the NRA is pushing more for mental health services. This is what popped up.

I do as a matter of personel opinion have little regard for people who's names were called up to serve then did what they could get away with, to get out of it. It would be awesome for someone to explain how the rumor got started and explain what really happen but I suppose it's easier to accuse someone of trolling
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

While most Democrats don't just say that war should be the last resort but truly believe it and try to resolve conflicts through more peaceful means, when just wars have been necessary and unavoidable, they have a long established record of putting their own lives and those of their own children on the line, rather than persuading other people to sacrifice themselves and their children: Sen. & Presidential Candidate McGovern, one of the elite few Air Force bomber pilots to fly the maximum 35 successful bombing missions in WW II. Stephen Ambrose, who wrote a book about him, called him "one of the greatest patriots I know."
Jack Valenti ( President L.B. Johnson's special personal assistant) flew 51 combat missions as the pilot-commander of a B-25 attack bomber and received four decorations.
The famous liberal Democrat Norman Lear (of Archie Bunker fame) also flew 52 bombing missions, during that war, 37 of them over Nazi Germany.
Former Vice President Al Gore – enlisted August 1969; sent to Vietnam January 1971 as an army journalist, assigned to the 20th Engineer Brigade headquartered at Bien Hoa, an air base twenty miles northeast of Saigon.
Sen. John Kerry, Lt., U.S. Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V, and three awards of the Purple Heart for his service in combat.
During World War II, Sen, & VP Hubert Humphrey tried twice to join the armed forces, but was rejected both times due to a hernia.
Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA) – U.S. Marine served in combat in Vietnam 1968-69, and was awarded the Navy Cross, Silver Star, Bronze Star with combat V, and Purple Heart.
Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI) – U.S. Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91.
Sen. Fritz Hollings (D-SC) – served as a U.S. Army officer in World War II, receiving the Bronze Star and seven campaign ribbons.
Sen. Max Cleland, Captain, U.S. Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam.
Rep. Richard Gephardt, former House Minority Leader – Missouri Air National Guard, 1965-71..
Rep. Charles Rangel, Staff Sgt., U.S. Army 1948-52; Rangel served with distinction at the front in Korea. "where he received both a Purple Heart for being injured and a Bronze Star for bravery. The wounded Rangel led 40 of his comrades for three days behind enemy lines rather than surrender." [http://www.answers.com/topic/charles-b-rangel]
Rep. Jack Murtha (D-PA) – distinguished 37-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts, retired from the Marine Corps Reserve as a colonel in 1990.
Rep. Leonard Boswell (D-IA) – Lt. Col., U.S. Army 1956-76; two tours in Vietnam, two Distinguished Flying Crosses as a helicopter pilot, two Bronze Stars, and the Soldier's Medal.
Former Representative "Pete" Peterson, Air Force Captain, POW, Ambassador to Viet Nam, and recipient of the Purple Heart, the Silver Star and the Legion of Merit.
Rep. Mike Thompson, D-CA: Staff sergeant/platoon leader with the 173rd Airborne Brigade, U.S. Army; was wounded and received a Purple Heart.
Bill McBride, Democratic Candidate for Florida Governor – volunteered and served as a U.S. Marine in Vietnam; awarded Bronze Star with a combat "V."
Gen. Wesley

I'm noticing something distinctly partisan about your list:  In the list of Republicans, it shows those who got out of service during Viet Nam.

In the list of the Democrats, it shows a fair amount who served in peacetime outside of Viet Nam or Korea.  Care to post a link to your source, or does it include "democratunderground" in its url?

http://liberalslikechrist.org/about/chickenhawks.html
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://liberalslikechrist.org/about/chickenhawks.html[/quote]

Whoever did that poster doesn't know what a "chickenhawk" is.

He spouts the correct definition but falsely applies it to GWB, then throws in some of Colin Powell's race based class warfare crap.

That site is nothing but a far left idiot still spouting the proven lie that GWB deserted.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

? Mudslinging I just want to know why he didn't go to Vietnam if his number came up.

I don't believe that is the case as you are posted a open ended inflammatory question  to an allegation that was made in the Miami Herald that by the way is still not a substantiated fact (other than being more leftist driven mudslinging bullshit) on what is probably the most hardcore gun board in the world while attacking the credibility of a high ranking member of the most powerful 2nd amendment lobbyist organization in the US

Not oddly enough you then post about coming from a multi generational military family who has done service while coming from you needing to know if Wayne Lapeirre did not serve in Nam due to a medical reason (see 1st sentence)while tossing in the token cover your tracks rhetoric with I am a NRA member etc to soft pad your approach.

Yes, you have 1st amendment rights as well but if this dribble is not a motive for slander I don't know what is. And again the timing of your question given the current political climate regarding firearm ownership speaks volumes of hidden intentions troll

To be honest I have been an NRA member since sometime in 2006, I paid my dues and read the magazines, like a lot of people I really didn't pay much attention to the inner working of the NRA other than lobbying for the 2nd, I wasn't really intrested in much else until I started getting calls about the UN coming to take my guns asking for more money and then I started googling Wayne Lappiere after his time spent on the hill talking to Biden and everyone else. I wanted to know why it seems like the NRA is pushing more for mental health services. This is what popped up.

I do as a matter of personel opinion have little regard for people who's names were called up to serve then did what they could get away with, to get out of it. It would be awesome for someone to explain how the rumor got started and explain what really happen but I suppose it's easier to accuse someone of trolling

its not accusing

you ARE trolling
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

A lot of guys did not go...

Your list is retarded.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gen. Wesley

Hey, Kerry served.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys remember the amendment just before the 2nd Amendment? OP has a right to ask.

The First Amendment only prevents government entities from infringing on your right to free speech.

A private internet website can censor all the stupid opinions its owners wish to censor.

You're right, and I knew this. But in this case it's not the owners, it's members. We mock the other side for not questioning their leadership. We should be able to question ours without fear of ridicule.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not accusing

you ARE trolling

Did he receive a deferment?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
You guys remember the amendment just before the 2nd Amendment? OP has a right to ask.

The First Amendment only prevents government entities from infringing on your right to free speech.

A private internet website can censor all the stupid opinions its owners wish to censor.

You're right, and I knew this. But in this case it's not the owners, it's members. We mock the other side for not questioning their leadership. We should be able to question ours without fear of ridicule.

Who is this WE you are talking about?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't like the organization/position, attack the man.  Check.

Is that what passes for an excuse these days? Check.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't like the organization/position, attack the man.  Check.

Is that what passes for an excuse these days? Check.

Another paying troll shows up.  Awesome thread delivers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who is this WE you are talking about?

You're not mocking Democrats for blindly following Obama without ever questioning his past or any decision he makes? If not the answer is everyone here except for you.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not accusing

you ARE trolling

Why do you care?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#19]
This manufactured controversy all started because some unknown person made a facebook page that states it is an Anti-republican page and make the claim about Wayne Lapierre, with no proof whatsoever.  It then get plastered on DU and snopes can not find anything to back it up.  The OP believes it deserves a thread here?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A lot of guys did not go, if you really did not want to go all you had to do was go to school, so anyone who had parents with money could avoid VN alltogether. A shitload of my friends were 4-F, some guys never even registered, in the wind as they say. If you were married with kids you did not go. There were maybe 10% more college graduates. Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton, Mitt Romney, Rudy Guiliani,

Mitch McConnell (KY), the current Republican leader in the U.S. Senate.
Dan Quayle (IN), the Republican V.P. under G.H.W. Bush.
Bill Frist (TN), the former Republican leader in the U.S. Senate.
Trent Lott (MS), the former Republican leader in the U.S. Senate.
John Ashcroft (MO). Seven deferments, to teach business.
William Cohen (ME) (who became Sec. of Defense for Clinton).
Spencer Abraham (MICH)
Lamar Alexander (TN):
"Jim" Bunning (KY):
"Norm" Coleman (MN):
"Tom" Coburn (OK):
Jon Cornyn III (TX):
Larry Craig (ID):
John Engler (MICH):
Phil Gramm (TX):
Judd Gregg (NH):
Timothy Hutchinson (ARK):
Jon Kyl (AZ) :
Don Nickles: (OK)
Marco Rubio (FL):
Rick Santorum (PA):
Alan Simpson (WY):
Richard Shelby (AL):
Freformer House Speaker Newt Gingrich   – sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
former House Speaker Denny Hastert.
former Majority Leader Dick Armey.
former Majority Leader Tom Delay.
Speaker John A. Boehner.
Majority Leader Eric Cantor.
Kevin McCarthy, Majority Whip.
former Leader Roy Blunt.
Jack Kemp. "Knee problem," although he continued to play in NFL for 8 years.
David McIntosh (COFOUNDER OF FEDERALIST SOCIETY
d Thompson (TN):
Bob Ney
David Dreier
Asa Hutchinson
Christopher Cox
"Joe" Barton
John Mica
Bob Barr
"Charlie" Bass
Roscoe Bartlett
Walter Jones
John M. McHugh
Tom Tancredo
Dana Rohrabacher
Joe Scarborough
JC Watts
Vin Weber
Mark Souder

U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss (GA). "Bad knee" He unseated tripelegic Democratic war hero Max Cleland by questioning his patriotism!
Banker Pat Toomey, who did not serve became was chosen by the G.O.P. to prevent former Adminal Stupak from becoming U.S. Senator (PA).

Rush Limbaugh   – sought deferment (because of a cyst on his tail end).
Ben Stein, actor, comedian, commentator, activist, etc.
(Rush's conservative brother) David Limbaugh.
George Will     – sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
Pat Buchanan     – sought deferment (for bad knee).
Pat Robertson   – his US Senator father got him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began.
James Taranto = Propagandist at the Wall Street Journal

Sean Hannity (FOX).
Bill O'Reilly: (FOX).
Glenn Beck (FOX).
Steve Doocy (FOX).
Brian Kilmeade (FOX).
Chris Wallace (FOX).
Brit Hume (FOX).
Roger Ailes (FOX).
Carl Cameron (FOX).
Matt Drudge.
Ron Kessler = propagandist
Marvin Olasky = propagandist
Joe McQuaid = propagandist
Steve Forbes
Michael "Savage" Weiner

Paul Gigot
Bill Kristol
Ralph Reed
Michael Medved
Charlie Daniels
Jerry Falwell
Alan Keyes
Ted Nugent
Chris Matthews
Neil Boortz
"P J" O'Rourke
Paul Harvey
Tony Snow
Donn Tibbetts
   = Union Leader reporter
Dinesh D'Souza

Mel Gibson's uber-conservative-Catholic father moved his family to Australia to save his sons from having to serve their country during the Vietnam War. Mel has since moved back to the U.S.A., now that it is safe for chickenhawks.
Clint Eastwood was drafted during the Korean war, but his service was limited to teaching swimming at Fort Ord in California until he moved on to PLAYING a tough guy for the rest if his life in Hollywood.
Charles Koch, big funder of right wing lobbyist groups.
David Koch big funder of right wing lobbyist groups
Richard B. Berman, right wing lobbyist. See http://www.bermanexposed.org
Bill Loeb III, publisher of extremely conservative newspaper
John M. Olin, weapons salesman & big funder of right wing lobbyist groups
Floyd "Mel" Sembler = Money bags
Don Feder , Conservative Law Professor & propagandist
Bryan Fischer = Director, American Family Association
Frederick Walter Kagan
Robert Kagan = two brother military propagandists

Those are celbrities and politicos, there were a shitload of John Does who did not go

I dont understand why you chose to target Clint Eastwood? he did not dodge the draft. He did his job and went to an acting carrier. I feel like you are taking a stab at the republican party more than anything else.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we at least have some kind of verifiable FACT before we question our leadership?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not accusing

you ARE trolling

Why do you care?

Because if he didn't and he served it would be badass.
If he didn't he would be just the norm for a lot of people working up at the capital.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This manufactured controversy all started because some unknown person made a facebook page that states it is an Anti-republican page and make the claim about Wayne Lapierre, with no proof whatsoever.  It then get plastered on DU and snopes can not find anything to back it up.  The OP believes it deserves a thread here?

Now were getting somewhere thanks.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Is this 4 pages because the Chicom paid trolls are outing themselves?

If so, I'll go back and see who they are. Otherwise, I don't care what the commies try to get to stick to WLP. Tomorrow, I'm sure he will be a pedo according to some commie propaganda troll.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of guys did not go, if you really did not want to go all you had to do was go to school, so anyone who had parents with money could avoid VN alltogether. A shitload of my friends were 4-F, some guys never even registered, in the wind as they say. If you were married with kids you did not go. There were maybe 10% more college graduates. Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton, Mitt Romney, Rudy Guiliani,

Spencer Abraham (MICH)
Lamar Alexander (TN):
"Jim" Bunning (KY):
"Norm" Coleman (MN):
"Tom" Coburn (OK):
Jon Cornyn III (TX):
Larry Craig (ID):
John Engler (MICH):
Phil Gramm (TX):
Judd Gregg (NH):
Jon Kyl (AZ) :
Marco Rubio (FL):
Rick Santorum (PA):
Alan Simpson (WY):
Richard Shelby (AL):
Freformer House Speaker Newt Gingrich   – sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
Speaker John A. Boehner.
former Leader Roy Blunt.
d Thompson (TN):
Bob Ney
David Dreier
Asa Hutchinson
Christopher Cox
"Joe" Barton
John Mica
Bob Barr
"Charlie" Bass
Roscoe Bartlett
Walter Jones
John M. McHugh
Tom Tancredo
Dana Rohrabacher
Joe Scarborough
JC Watts
Vin Weber
Mark Souder

U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss (GA). "Bad knee" He unseated tripelegic Democratic war hero Max Cleland by questioning his patriotism!
Banker Pat Toomey, who did not serve became was chosen by the G.O.P. to prevent former Adminal Stupak from becoming U.S. Senator (PA).

Pat Robertson   – his US Senator father got him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began.

Sean Hannity (FOX).
Glenn Beck (FOX).
Steve Doocy (FOX).
Brian Kilmeade (FOX).
Chris Wallace (FOX).
Brit Hume (FOX).
Roger Ailes (FOX).
Carl Cameron (FOX).
Matt Drudge.
Steve Forbes
Michael "Savage" Weiner

Paul Gigot
Bill Kristol
Ralph Reed
Michael Medved
Charlie Daniels
Jerry Falwell
Alan Keyes
Ted Nugent
Chris Matthews
Neil Boortz
"P J" O'Rourke
Paul Harvey
Tony Snow
Donn Tibbetts
   = Union Leader reporter
Dinesh D'Souza

Mel Gibson's uber-conservative-Catholic father moved his family to Australia to save his sons from having to serve their country during the Vietnam War. Mel has since moved back to the U.S.A., now that it is safe for chickenhawks.
Clint Eastwood was drafted during the Korean war, but his service was limited to teaching swimming at Fort Ord in California until he moved on to PLAYING a tough guy for the rest if his life in Hollywood.
Frederick Walter Kagan

Those are celbrities and politicos, there were a shitload of John Does who did not go

I dont understand why you chose to target Clint Eastwood? he did not dodge the draft. He did his job and went to an acting carrier. I feel like you are taking a stab at the republican party more than anything else.

Clint East wood was in a plane crash and swam something like 3 miles to shore and the military decided to make him a swim instructor which kinda makes sense.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we at least have some kind of verifiable FACT before we question our leadership?

Some facts were presented and looks like they're not panning out. So in the end, this thing sorts itself out.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If so, I'll go back and see who they are. Otherwise, I don't care what the commies try to get to stick to WLP. Tomorrow, I'm sure he will be a pedo according to some commie propaganda troll.

How about not calling me a Chicom okay. I'm not like you my pants have 40 layers of ballistic material and when I get them on I disarm IEDs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A lot of guys did not go,
~snip~

Are you a veteran or currently serving?

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some facts were presented and looks like they're not panning out. So in the end, this thing sorts itself out.

Then they were never facts at all, just lies and propaganda, thus my question.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The question is did he get a deferment? I probably shouldn't have included the nervous disorder because it was somewhat inflammatory.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gen. Wesley

It is a liberal website from 2008 I think liberalslikeChris/tchickenhawks, and it was not just celebrities and politicos it was a shitload of guys that did not go
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The question is did he get a deferment? I probably shouldn't have included the nervous disorder because it was somewhat inflammatory.

Sure as hell was.

If he got a legal deferment, I have no problem with it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll put my flame suit on for my next few comments......

Vietnam was a fucked up politician's war.

I am 41 now, born in 1972.  I remember watching the fall of Saigon on a black and white television, wondering why people were pushing helo's off the carrier decks.  At one time, when I was much younger, I thought it was cool to blow up things and kill people, like what you would do in a war.  I also thought it was patriotic to do so in service of this country.  Looking back over 20 years, I think I was naive.  

So looking back to 1960's to early 1970's with what I know now, yep, I would have bailed to Canada too, or loaded up on the college deferrments.  

I can't blame anyone else who skipped out of that one, whether it be Ted Nugent, Sylvester Stallone, or George Bush.

By the way, I did my time in the Air Force.

All of the above is my opinion, and there ain't nothing you're gonna say that'll change it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This times infinity.

Thanks for posting what I came here to post, but much better than I could have said it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can say misinformation was repeated and exposed for what it was. It doesn't matter. Point is the OP was asking in good faith and everyone is on his ass for daring to question the leadership at a time like this -- or something like that. I think questions should be allowed anytime someone wants an answer, otherwise we're like them.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now were getting somewhere thanks.

Read an article that stated this all started because of the linked sites which all posted the info about two weeks ago.  With no proof.  It then made Huffpo.  All because DU decided to put it out there.  They couldn't even get the college he attended right.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022302951

http://www.facebook.com/Anti.Republican.Crusaders/posts/480458898677117

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/lapierre.asp

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of guys did not go,
~snip~

Are you a veteran or currently serving?

Veteran
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A right that is guaranteed by the second one. OH yeah, how well is that 1A right protected over in your DU if you speak out against the mocha messiah and don't give him his due fellation?

Really you think that highly of me thanks that's awesome man. And by awesome I mean really dissappointing. God forbid I get a legitimate answer.

Here is your answer and if you did even a little bit of research before starting this thread you wouldn't have started a shit storm.

He graduated high school in 1967.

He received a BA in Education from Sienna College so figure 4 years you get 1971.

He then went on to get a Masters in Government from Boston College and now you get 1973.  He would have had a deferment to the end of the academic year.

The last draft selection was December 1973.

So you tell me how did he skip the draft if he was in school the whole time?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can say misinformation was repeated and exposed for what it was. It doesn't matter. Point is the OP was asking in good faith and everyone is on his ass for daring to question the leadership at a time like this -- or something like that. I think questions should be allowed anytime someone wants an answer, otherwise we're like them.

I don't believe it was in good faith.  This isn't the first anti-NRA thread he has started.

Throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks (like this thread) is like them.  Discussing actual facts is like us.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A right that is guaranteed by the second one. OH yeah, how well is that 1A right protected over in your DU if you speak out against the mocha messiah and don't give him his due fellation?

Really you think that highly of me thanks that's awesome man. And by awesome I mean really dissappointing. God forbid I get a legitimate answer.

Here is your answer and if you did even a little bit of research before starting this thread you wouldn't have started a shit storm.

He received a BA in Education from Sienna College so figure 4 years you get 1971.

He then went on to get a Masters in Government from Boston College and now you get 1973.  He would have had a deferment to the end of the academic year.

He seems to be bothered that he got a legal deferment.

As noted earlier, this is not his first NRA bashing thread.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he got an eduacation deferment. Fair enough still waiting on my reply from the NRA

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spencer Abraham (MICH)
Lamar Alexander (TN):
"Jim" Bunning (KY):
"Norm" Coleman (MN):
"Tom" Coburn (OK):
Jon Cornyn III (TX):
Larry Craig (ID):
John Engler (MICH):
Phil Gramm (TX):
Judd Gregg (NH):
Jon Kyl (AZ) :
Marco Rubio (FL):
Rick Santorum (PA):
Alan Simpson (WY):
Richard Shelby (AL):
Speaker John A. Boehner.
former Leader Roy Blunt.
d Thompson (TN):
Bob Ney
David Dreier
Asa Hutchinson
Christopher Cox
"Joe" Barton
John Mica
Bob Barr
"Charlie" Bass
Roscoe Bartlett
Walter Jones
John M. McHugh
Tom Tancredo
Dana Rohrabacher
Joe Scarborough
JC Watts
Vin Weber
Mark Souder

Sean Hannity (FOX).
Glenn Beck (FOX).
Steve Doocy (FOX).
Brian Kilmeade (FOX).
Chris Wallace (FOX).
Brit Hume (FOX).
Roger Ailes (FOX).
Carl Cameron (FOX).
Matt Drudge.
Steve Forbes
Michael "Savage" Weiner

Paul Gigot
Bill Kristol
Ralph Reed
Michael Medved
Charlie Daniels
Jerry Falwell
Alan Keyes
Ted Nugent
Chris Matthews
Neil Boortz
"P J" O'Rourke
Paul Harvey
Tony Snow
Donn Tibbetts
   = Union Leader reporter
Dinesh D'Souza

Frederick Walter Kagan

Clint East wood was in a plane crash and swam something like 3 miles to shore and the military decided to make him a swim instructor which kinda makes sense.

A lot of guys did not go to VN, liberal conservative both mostly those who could afford to go to college, were married, or were 4-F
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he got an eduacation deferment. Fair enough still waiting on my reply from the NRA

So, you take the word of some liberal rag, but not of folks on this board and you expect the NRA to drop everything and answer your irrelevant question, huh.

Good faith, my ass.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry man but your mistaking questioning for bashing I am still a member and still plan on renewing. I'm a big giant nobody and don't plan on tearing down the NRA they don't always represent in a way I agree with but they represent me. This isn't my chain of command or a shut up and march situationif I questioned what they do and how they operate it should be welcomend and and expounded upon and not shit on.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, I didn't know about other threads, so I'm going to drop this thread from the discussion and just make a generic point. I'd rather questions for the wrong reasons be allowed than questions for the right reasons not be allowed. That's how I run my life. Everyone else can run theirs how they see fit.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about not calling me a Chicom okay. I'm not like you my pants have 40 layers of ballistic material and when I get them on I disarm IEDs.

You decided that was aimed at you all on your own.

Also, in b4 the quote tree police.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I Don't Care.  Neither would my dad, who did two tours in 'Nam, served on the board of the GSSA, and was on a first-name basis with WLP.

Slick Willie officially made it a 100% dead issue moot point.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#47]
The troll does not have an eagle and this is trolling.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I really could care less! Hes doing a crapload of good now! Considering who we have in Washington now, hes a choir boy!
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry man but your mistaking questioning for bashing I am still a member and still plan on renewing. I'm a big giant nobody and don't plan on tearing down the NRA they don't always represent in a way I agree with but they represent me. This isn't my chain of command or a shut up and march situationif I questioned what they do and how they operate it should be welcomend and and expounded upon and not shit on.

Bullshit.  All anyone has to do is read each thread and realize that's all it is.

I haven't made a mistake.  Your intentions are quite clear so spare me the false indignity.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, I didn't know about other threads, so I'm going to drop this thread from the discussion and just make a generic point. I'd rather questions for the wrong reasons be allowed than questions for the right reasons not be allowed. That's how I run my life. Everyone else can run theirs how they see fit.

Questioning for the wrong reasons, i.e. mudslinging and making shit us, is their tactic, not ours.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top