Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2013 8:21:55 AM EDT
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21202112/wild-shootout-at-inkster-tax-business-caught-on-camera#.UR7t4pCsbbw.twitter
"The security guard in the office pulled out an AR-15 rifle.  After the shootout, the security guard lunged to the door."

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Tax be serious bidness.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#2]
That poor thermometer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Armed security at a tax prep business? Armed robbery at a tax prep business?

Can someone connect the dots for me?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Biden was right, AR-15s are useless for self defense! If the security guard had a shotgun, he wouldn't even have had to aim!

Too bad the perps got away.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Tax prep and rock slinging?

Then again, the gimme pigs can be pretty stupid at times. Since people get $10,000+ tax "refunds", some may think that the cash is stashed at the tax prep office.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Cash advance tax prep.  They loan you the cash, the refund check goes to the preparer who pockets the difference for work and TVM.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You know how much a roll of stamps is worth these days?  

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cash advance tax prep.  They loan you the cash, the refund check goes to the preparer who pockets the difference for work and TVM.

Really, really big in high % EIC areas where the return is "found money".  Giving over 20-30% or more of the "refund" to get cash on the spot is common.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21202112/wild-shootout-at-inkster-tax-business-caught-on-camera#.UR7t4pCsbbw.twitter

"The security guard in the office pulled out an AR-15 rifle.  After the shootout, the security guard lunged to the door."

Just another day in Detroit.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just another day in Detroit.

+1000
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really, really big in high % EIC areas where the return is "found money".  Giving over 20-30% or more of the "refund" to get cash on the spot is common.

This makes total sense, wtf America...

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+ eleventy billion

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Detroit.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#14]
WAT.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Inkster...

Not surprised.

Inskter is like Flint, Pontiac and Detroit all mixed into one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Stop hatin' on the D.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ahhhhhhhhhh

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Vid is fake. No one in their right mind would use an Ar15 for self defense. They are made to take down tanks and jets you ignorant fuks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Was he using a low cap mag, and trying to conserve? 2 shots seems weak unless they were both head shots that connected.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#21]
To bad they are not taking a dirt nap right now..
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I went to school with a girl that was banging a "customer" in the hotel room next to the one that a cop got killed in back in 87. Inkster...a city on the move.

Also went to school with a guy who became a Inkster cop. Feds came in with some video footage, and suddenly he quit. Weird...I know.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Would it have be legal for that guard to shoot them once they left the building.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I would have dumped the whole fuckin mag on those clowns.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Would it have be legal for that guard to shoot them once they left the building.

Wish the worthless security guard had better aim.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish the worthless security guard had better aim.

This
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Was than an AR pistol or SBR?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sure!  Criminals be stupid - that's why they be criminals

Carry on...

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, tax prep is as profitable as payday lending in the ghetto.  The FSA is a goldmine when they get their .gov handouts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

SBRs are illegal in MI.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#31]

I'm going to look into getting those for my truck, so ninjas know whats up.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#32]
a happy switch would have been nice, provided he could keep it on target.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Stop hatin' on the D.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Inkster is at least as shitty as Detroit. Populated by transplants from the fair Detroit.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The tax prep office I go to only accepts cash.  Seasonal business sometimes don't want to deal with the hassle of setting up credit card systems?  It's always busy too.  I imagine there is a LOT of cash sitting around.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#36]
they were about to get an AR-15 surprise

I like surprises!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#37]
unpossible.  The AR47 is able to shoot a stream of bullets.  Everyone in the room should have died.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBRs are illegal in MI.

Cleary a very short barrel and looked like there was a stock when he was walking back towards the rear room after chasing them out the door.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow, that is taking the CCW badge to a whole new level with that vehicle decal.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBRs are illegal in MI.

Like they give a shit there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#41]
What was the security guard doing initially in that back room as the shit starts to hit the fan?

It looks to me like he starts to cross from our right to left, spins around while doing so, and is he pulling the alleged AR15 from out of a soft rifle case all at the same time?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Kharn

It's probably one of those ghetto 'Security Companies' that we've seen posted here on ARFCOM over the years.  The ones that give us a few good laughs over the not so physically fit security guards, amateurish stances, uniforms and so on.  Someone post up some links to some of them again.  I can picture them in my head, but can't find any links.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I went to school with a girl that was banging a "customer" in the hotel room next to the one that a cop got killed in back in 87. Inkster...a city on the move.

Also went to school with a guy who became a Inkster cop. Feds came in with some video footage, and suddenly he quit. Weird...I know.

My friends used to buy weed from an Inkster cop. They would page him and he would show up while on duty to drop it off.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Was he using a low cap mag, and trying to conserve? 2 shots seems weak unless they were both head shots that connected.

Ammo is pricey nowadays lol, gotta conserve when possible
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

It's probably one of those ghetto 'Security Companies' that we've seen posted here on ARFCOM over the years.  The ones that give us a few good laughs over the not so physically fit security guards, amateurish stances, uniforms and so on.  Someone post up some links to some of them again.  I can picture them in my head, but can't find any links.

I can't recall any of them by name but the one were the guy lied about all of his employees being hi speed operators was a good one.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Tax be serious bidness.

White-On-White Violence Claims Life Of Accounts Receivable Supervisor

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Tax be serious bidness.

White-On-White Violence Claims Life Of Accounts Receivable Supervisor

http://media.theonion.com/images/articles/article/5683/Herbert-Kornfeld_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg

Oh man those Herbert Kornfeld pieces used to have me rolling...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#48]
The perps must have mistaken this joint has a crack house and not a tax prep service.  I think I have seen drug houses that look better than that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#49]
So glad I dont live in that shit hole side of this state.
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#50]
If nothing else, there are (at a minimum) three 'gun-fighting' lessons to be learned from the vid:

1) The guard should have had his weapon slung. If it is going to be your 'go to' weapon, it should not be sitting up against
the wall. No one expects the guard to stand there all day at the low ready, however, he needs that weapon to be immediately accessible.

2) Along the lines of #1...if the shit goes down, and your weapon is out of reach, transition to the secondary. The guard appeared to have a pistol
in a tactical thigh holster. He should have drawn and used that, instead of fumbling around for the rifle. It appears that he was shot by perp #1 whilst trying
to retrieve the rifle.

3) Know your target and what's beyond....The guard popped off a round through the wall and it appeared that he did not have a good read on where all
the friendlies were. This could have been fatal. Fortunately, no friendly was hit.

The guard needs to take a carbine course. If it happens again, he'll be ready.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top