User Panel

Page / 144
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]
History lesson = WIN!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Ok I need some clarification. The Senate bills on CCW online training and DV possession have now passed the Senate by a voice vote. However, they have not been debated or voted on in the House, correct? Only in a House committee, so do they still get to be debated and voted on in the House, even though the Senate has already had their vote on it? Isn't that kind of backwards?  

I believe they need to have a written vote first.  If it passes I believe any bill with ammendments gets sent to the house to revoted on.  I am not 100% sure.  A voice vote is not a confirmed vote though.

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So an instructor can deny a permit based on how someone looks?  HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS NOT PROFILING?  Something that the Dems are firmly against.

As a former US Marine Corps Marksmanship Instructor I actually DO support this bill... for lots of things online training is fine, but for carry permits I think it is a good idea to do it in person.  With that said, there ARE portions that could be done online, such as the legal end of things.

CO doesn't require range time to get a permit. You just have to sit in a class and pay somebody to exercise your rights. All the class is is the legal portion. So doing it online would be acceptable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#4]
That speaker is a bitch
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lundberg will embrace this bill IF it is amended accordingly

Ammended how. Personally I dont care if this one passes or not. I think you should have the class time and range time. YMMV

Ammended to say that some portion can be online, but still requires some in person training.

I believe as it was written originally, you wouldn't be able to use a DVD player or IPAD during a CCW training class.

That's brilliant. I know the class I took in TN they played a video when they got to the "what legally happens if I shoot somebody in TN" part. That way they could be sure that the legal part was said carefully with no mistakes each class.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]
The name of the guy talking right now?  And where is the denver post feed?  It's not at the same link it was at the other day.  I want to write down the names of these senators who are fired up about this and really fighting for our rights so I can write them a thank you note later.  We should let them know we appreciate it as much as we let the others know how much we oppose their postition.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
which bill just passeD?  

The one that says DV offenders can't access firearms. It was a voice vote and will have a final vote on monday

What bill is that? I thought that was already illegal.

SB 197

more info

ETA: Essentially, if you are even accused of DV, you have to give up your firearms or be in contempt of court. If you are found innocent of DV, then you can try to get your guns back

so essentially you are guilty until and after proven innocent
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The senate is in session. Hudak is running her yap already

http://www.coloradochannel.net/colorado-senate-2013-legislative-day-59

thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The name of the guy talking right now?  And where is the denver post feed?  It's not at the same link it was at the other day.  I want to write down the names of these senators who are fired up about this and really fighting for our rights so I can write them a thank you note later.  We should let them know we appreciate it as much as we let the others know how much we oppose their postition.

denverpost.com. the videos are at the top of all the gun control articles.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Dbltap
Damn hajinet
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I like this guy!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the senator who's giving the history lessons.  Who is he?
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#13]
He is Sen. David Balmer of Centennial CO. I like him too! I'm new here by the way. Joined because of this thread!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

He is Sen. David Balmer of Centennial CO. I like him too! I'm new here by the way. Joined because of this thread!

Welcome!

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Welcome.
ETA What part of Centennial. I may just have to move down the road a ways. I live on Arapahoe and am stuck in Carrolls district
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Ted Harvey FTMFW
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone in the Colorado Springs area come to the Broadmoor Hotel tonight at 7pm. We're having a meeting about beginning the recall process on John Morse and Evie Hudak.

We've already filed the official paperwork on Mike McLachlan and signature gathering begins next week.

We can also now take donations towards the recall efforts of these "legislators" that would destroy our freedoms.

Check out our website which contains details of the event:

http://www.coloradoaccountability.com
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone in the Colorado Springs area come to the Broadmoor Hotel tonight at 7pm. We're having a meeting about beginning the recall process on John Morse and Evie Hudak.

We've already filed the official paperwork on Mike McLachlan and signature gathering begins next week.

We can also now take donations towards the recall efforts of these "legislators" that would destroy our freedoms.

Keep up the good work.  I sent you guys $50.00.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep up the good work.  I sent you guys $50.00.

You rock brother!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Email response just now from Senator Brophy re Campus Carry

I think it is dead, but Heath is really working it hard

Greg B.
Spelling errors are Apple's fault, I own the grammar.

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

New website looks good
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks for all the hard work. I will put in to the cause tonight.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I have no idea what part of centennial. I'm from Wyoming and just was etching over lunch. Good ol Harvey just read a great story too
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#25]
King got up and said 'the bloomberg hit machine just keeps on coming'.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#26]
EPIC Mustache!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Awesome.

THANK YOU
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

New website looks good

Just got re-authorized for it.  Rock on, man - looks really good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#29]
k dudes im back.  I'll do a credit card donation monday if its cool.  So I listened back in and I think im caught up, but im wandering if these are being disrupted/flooded/protested whatever you want to call it.  Anyone down there? thnx
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Problem with registering should be fixed.. you should get an email now to activate account.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#31]
It looks like the reason the CHL bill is going to be or has been pulled is primarily because of the stupid woman who argued with the rape victim.

The rumor is also that the Firearms responsibility bill will not make it either.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have no idea what part of centennial. I'm from Wyoming and just was etching over lunch. Good ol Harvey just read a great story too

I was just throwing it out there. Im in the wierd part of aurora where one side of the street is centennial and a block away on the same side is Aurora.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It looks like the reason the CHL bill is going to be or has been pulled is primarily because of the stupid woman who argued with the rape victim.

The rumor is also that the Firearms responsibility bill will not make it either.

Which on eis that again? The de facto ban?
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Brophy for prez- I like that dude.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for keeping the updates going today guys.  I was out enjoying the mountains - I needed some time away from this bullshit.

I will see those of you who can make it at the Broadmoor tonight.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Awesome
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Just sent some $ to the "Recall Fund" via Missouri!

Semper Fi

NRA Life
GOA
SAF
NAHC Life
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Thanks for keeping the updates going today guys.  I was out enjoying the mountains - I needed some time away from this bullshit.

You better see me there. You're driving me
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the firearms responsibility bill it the one put forward by sen morse. That would hold gun manufacturers responsible. Kinda like holding car manufacturers responsible for drunk drivers. Makes sense!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Brophy is having fun poking holes in this bill and calling it absurd
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the firearms responsibility bill it the one put forward by sen morse. That would hold gun manufacturers responsible. Kinda like holding car manufacturers responsible for drunk drivers. Makes sense!

It would hold the firearm owner responsible too
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you need a backup, I'm coming down from Boulder (work) ~ 4:30 and will be heading back up to Longmont... whenever we break up the meeting tonight.  My little girl's birthday is tomorrow so I have to be home when she wakes up .
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well as any person who ever owned that particular firearm.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still meeting at my place at 4:30ish?
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that was understood. Yes you are correct.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well as any person who ever owned that particular firearm.

1 guy commits a crime and 10 go to jail for it! Seems reasonable
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you need a backup, I'm coming down from Boulder (work) ~ 4:30 and will be heading back up to Longmont... whenever we break up the meeting tonight.  My little girl's birthday is tomorrow so I have to be home when she wakes up .

Thanks Keith. Andrasik and I have an arrangement...just giving him shit. I'll see you down there tonight
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still meeting at my place at 4:30ish?

Yep
Page / 144
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top