Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2013 8:24:02 PM EDT
Holy shit!

My friend brought me a bottle and I have to say, I'm impressed.

I've had Jameson 18 year old. I've had the different Crown Royal specials. I've never been much on bourbons because they tend to be harsh.

This is smoothe. The smell (bouquette for the refined drunk) is magnificent. Sweet but not thick with it. Probably the best liquor I've ever tasted.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i splurged for one last time i was down in NC for a C-school. It didn't last too long.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've long since completed my cork collection but I guess I don't have a picture of it filled.  Thought I took one for sure.  Drank too much bourbon I guess

Link Posted: 2/9/2013 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've long since completed my cork collection but I guess I don't have a picture of it filled.  Thought I took one for sure.  Drank too much bourbon I guess

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kKCKKrN1hRo/Tmvse4w38fI/AAAAAAAAAXQ/c7MprvFnwBM/s640/P1000457.JPG

Love the incongruent .556 combloc round and the possible USB cover in the box.

I'm infering that there are assorted cork tops. Not sure Im willing to pay the 50 bucks per.

Curious as to your opinion on this alcohol vs others you may have had.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
There are 8 different corks.  Each cork has a letter assocatied with it and all the corks spell   B - L - A - N - T - O - N - S

You have to pay careful attention because there are two N's and they are different.

The corks also tell the story of a horse running the Kentucky Derby.  The horse starts out standing still, and then begins a gallop, and then goes into full gait extension, finally slowing with the jokey pumping his fist into the air (they won).

I always keep a spare victory cork to put on any new bottle I open.

It's much more fun to collect them if you don't keep track of what you already have and just keep buying bottles randomly at the liquor store until you get them all.  It's even more fun if you are really drunk in the middle of the night and kill a bottle and throw a bottle and cork right into the trash and then forget to dig it out the next morning, and then after trash day wonder "oh shit, that could have been a cork I needed"  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top