Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But bear in mind that it's WACO...

If you've never lived there you can't possibly understand.

Old fuckers have nothing better to do than patrol other neighborhoods that they don't even live in. Make a motherfucking report. Upstanding shithead. Write a letter to the Tribune-Herald about how they make life better....

You have to have a sense of humor to live in Waco...

He's probably Baylor alumni that still thinks he is important.Man Waco used to be fun,cruising Valley Mils on Friday And Saturday nights,drag racing behind Waco High,man I miss those days.The real shithole around there now is Bellmead.

Woolworth parking lot, Jack's Stereo, Lake Shore Drive...

Hell ya!!!Fuddrucker's,Sportster's,and Paparolo's Pizza
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a neighbor who will always bring my trash can from the street to my house after pick up, and yes he is this "OLD GUY" as you put it.
It's not very far, still a nice thing to do.
I always try to help him with things.

Your guy has a problem.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Only Arfcom has a fixation over herby curbys.  Good times.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 1:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Another Herby Curby thread? Fucking IN!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:08:16 AM EDT
[#6]
If it's a pet peeve the old fucker needs to get over it and move on.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Just toss it in the normal trashcan.  That's what I do. The recycling bins?  I gave those to my mom who is into that sort of thing. It costs more to recycle three bins of different trash than it does to toss it in a landfill.  Sorry.  Fuck em.

ETA:  the garbage truck comes around with an arm to scoop the can up, toss it in the back and drives down the road. Garbage man gives no fucks.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Silly question, but did you try knocking on his door and introducing yourself, explaining your situation?

ding ding.

Not everything in this world needs to be dealt with while using bravado and crotch grabbing.

It does when some asshole comes and tells me what to do on/with my own property with his first introduction

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
But bear in mind that it's WACO...

If you've never lived there you can't possibly understand.

Old fuckers have nothing better to do than patrol other neighborhoods that they don't even live in. Make a motherfucking report. Upstanding shithead. Write a letter to the Tribune-Herald about how they make life better....

You have to have a sense of humor to live in Waco...

He's probably Baylor alumni that still thinks he is important.Man Waco used to be fun,cruising Valley Mils on Friday And Saturday nights,drag racing behind Waco High,man I miss those days.The real shithole around there now is Bellmead.

Probably not actually. Baylor people are tolerant of all kinds of trash cans. Oh, and we also leave Waco immediately upon graduating.

OP, spraypaint it green and gold. It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:35:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree the old man is a dickhead, I must admit, your hurby curby is offensive to me.

LET THE HURBY CURBY WAR BEGIN!!!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Teach your wife the arfcom neck punch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:11:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ooooo... I love a good Herby Curby thread!

ETA:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/TGrayman/herby_watch_2008.jpg

BEST THREAD EVAR!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:22:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:32:53 AM EDT
[#14]

You guys call trash/garbage cans.....a herbie curbie  
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:36:44 AM EDT
[#15]
wanna find out who he is,,,bait em'; get 4 or 5 morre cans & leave'em out; when he comes to
complain, BOOM hit'em with a shaving cream pie!

Teach your wife how to take care of herself; there's moar POS worse than that guy; fake UPS,
fake gas/water/elec. guys.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:37:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Waco, TX ...... What could go wrong?

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes we do! You got something to say about it? Come at me bro.

At least we don't call it a wheely bin, like the Brits.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:38:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Silly question, but did you try knocking on his door and introducing yourself, explaining your situation?

like that would matter with crazy, nosy asshole old man?

Fuck that.  I don't make friends with people who start off with me that way.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So an older dickhead comes to our front door while im at work today, my wife answers the door(which im pissed at) and the old man tells her to remove our trash can from the curb its a pet peeve of his.  Monday is our normal trash day, we are one of three houses on one side of the street and Im the only one with a recycle bin.  The city did not emtpy the can, I called them Tuesday morning they said leave it at the street and they will be by on Thursday to emtpy it.whenIarrived home she told what he had said and added that he told her if people dont move them he puts them close the garage doors.

LEO friend said if I catch him in act of moving our trash cans dont confront him just call police and video him doing it.  IM PISSED  friend said i could catch a civil case if i touch this guy on my property.

surveillance cameras are already in the works before this started....I moved trash can back out to street with a note.  

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/mccujo03/trash22_zpsc64933b9.jpg

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/mccujo03/trash11_zps4d49d609.jpg

Wow - way to over-react.

You are pissed because your elderly neighbour knocked on? you are pissed because  your wife answered the door? You are pissed because he asked you to move the bin?   WTF?

So you called the cops?

Go round and have a chat with him.  He's your neighbour and is far more useful to you as a friend than an enemy.  Be nice, take the high ground, make your peace and explain the situation.

If he gets pissy then so what? - it's a wheely bin FFS.  

First world problems.

Being the veteran of a 6 month trash can war I cant tell you how wrong you are.

My situation was different, but unless the township says its a no go, fuck that old guy.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:45:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just wanted my trash picked up. I never bothered no one.

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/mccujo03/men_at_work_zpsd140f61b.jpg

one of the best movies ever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:45:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
... my wife answers the door(which im pissed at)...

This is the part that I don't get. You're pissed at your wife for answering the door?
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:50:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just wanted my trash picked up. I never bothered no one.

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/mccujo03/men_at_work_zpsd140f61b.jpg

one of the best movies ever.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:03:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we do! You got something to say about it? Come at me bro.

At least we don't call it a wheely bin, like the Brits.

Less caffeine, bro
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fuck explaining anything to him.  The only pet peeve the good neighbor should be aware of is the homeowners desire to live unencumbered by assholes.

Word of the day!

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#26]
By the first pic, I would worry more about the Zombies wandering around in your front yard.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#27]
that trash can needs to be bladed at 45

And sic 'em!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Knock on his door and tell him that your pet peeve is people who have outlived their usefulness.  Then give him the wolf stare.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So an older dickhead comes to our front door while im at work today, my wife answers the door(which im pissed at) and the old man tells her to remove our trash can from the curb its a pet peeve of his.  Monday is our normal trash day, we are one of three houses on one side of the street and Im the only one with a recycle bin.  The city did not emtpy the can, I called them Tuesday morning they said leave it at the street and they will be by on Thursday to emtpy it.whenIarrived home she told what he had said and added that he told her if people dont move them he puts them close the garage doors.

LEO friend said if I catch him in act of moving our trash cans dont confront him just call police and video him doing it.  IM PISSED  friend said i could catch a civil case if i touch this guy on my property.

surveillance cameras are already in the works before this started....I moved trash can back out to street with a note.  

Wow - way to over-react.

You are pissed because your elderly neighbour knocked on? you are pissed because  your wife answered the door? You are pissed because he asked you to move the bin?   WTF?

So you called the cops?

Go round and have a chat with him.  He's your neighbour and is far more useful to you as a friend than an enemy.  Be nice, take the high ground, make your peace and explain the situation.

First world problems.

fuck that shit bro ..... fuckin nobody comes up on my shit and tells me or my wife what to do ...... are out of your mind
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:36:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

West

KOLACHES!!!

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#31]
IBSSTT

In before SWIRE see's this thread.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:42:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Needs more claymore.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:43:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I would put a flashing light on top and a biohazard sign on it.

Can't believe I had to wait 5 years for another herby curby thread... it's about damn time!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Water sprinkler set up next to Herby Curby. Old fart comes to move it. Turn on water.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:51:18 AM EDT
[#37]
buy 5 more and put them on the curb.

Fuck him. I will sometimes leave mine out a day or two. Nobody cares.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Pay some stumble bum to hide in it and when "old fart" tries to move it the bum pops-up and scares the shit out of him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:09:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Needs more MSPAINT!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:13:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
buy 5 more and put them on the curb.

Fuck him. I will sometimes leave mine out a day or two. Nobody cares.

This. Build Herby Curby fort, defend with life if necessary!

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Piss on his threshold, blade at 45, "You will not touch my herby curby!"
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I remember the original Herby Curby thread...  I was night-shift in the ER, and kept that webcam open on my laptop all bloomin' night

I cannot believe it has been 5 years.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#43]
I wouldn't mind if a neighbor wanted to ask me to not leave the can out or whatever.
It's that guys approach that would piss me off.  At least down here, your first interaction should be a polite introduction.
You can express your wishes but do so politely with respect to the fact that each man is the king of his castle and can do as he pleases with his own shit.
Coming at me like an asshole will only get you asshole behavior in return.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:33:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow - way to over-react.

So you called the cops?

First world problems.

Well said. To default to "fuck you" is more than a little harsh it is not wise. It is just not a useful way to deal with neighbors even pissy ones. If you have a long history of problems with this neighbor that is one thing but what you describe cries out for diplomacy and a friendly chat not calls to LEO and video surveillance.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Alex Jones called..
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Tell that old man to shut the fuck up and go take his metamucil.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

why? its NONE of his business.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#48]
In for the hubbly bubbly thread
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:49:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top