Page / 24
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how GD forgets the "cop" is a former Marine. For GD all it matters is that he is a cop, so he must be wrong...

I agree and the fact he assaulted someone had nothing to do with it

Police can lawfully use force. He did assault somebody. But it was justified under law.

We can also kill people. THE HORROR!!

Please explain why he was justified? Because the other guy was rude?

His body language threatened violence.

We don't have to wait to be attacked.

I really don't know how to put it any more simply.

Horseshit. The cop stepped up to the victim...THE FUCKING GUY WHO CALLED FOR HELP...in a threatening manner.

Unless you are retarded or blatantly trying to defend the "brothers in blue" you can see who escalated the situation and initiated the violence.

No fucking wonder people hate cops. Protect and serve my fucking ass.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Really? The officers walked all the way up to him?

He NEVER moved at all? He didn't display any sort of emotion or attitude at all?

The dude was giving off ALL KINDS of clues to his mental state.

The officer stepped right up to the guy when the guy made a comment about the cops taking 45min to show up.

Then the guy turned to the cop and said, "US soldier, bro" and the cop took him down.

The cop gave off ALL KINDS of clues to his mental state, too.  He got pissed off that the victim was upset for the lengthy response time and got in his face to intimidate him.  Then flipped his lid when a mere soldier wasn't intimidated and dared to "disrespect" a cop (or marine, maybe).

...and the cop is in the right?  

ETA: not buying the "guy's body language threatened violence."  Complete bullshit.  He just got his ass kicked, he's holding a cigarette, and he's going to attack the police that he called to help him?  
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Both were out of line. Kid was mouthy and worthy a slap from one of his peers maybe but not from a LEO. Cop had no reason to drop him just for having a shitty attitude. If the kid had raised a hand in any way then do what you gotta do. The cop used the excuse that the kid stepped into the cops face but he never moved, cop stepped forward into the kid and make the only move.

I really don't care that the kid got manhandled a little for his attitude since he wasn't hurt. What pisses me off the most is the cop lying about why he manhandled the kid. Another stupid failed pissing contest.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Both douchebags, but the cop is sworn and paid not to be a douchebag...

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
High douche concentration in a small area. But the cops have the government on their side, and are much more dangerous when they're douchebags.

Cop needs to find other employment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]
In on this shit...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Police can lawfully use force. He did assault somebody. But it was justified under law.

Your perception is subjective at best, and you can't just step up to people and attack them because you think they might do something.

If I was a witness to that event, I'd immediately call the next level of LE be it county or state, and report that I just witnessed local cops assaulting a citizen without provocation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Both were out of line. Kid was mouthy and worthy a slap from one of his peers maybe but not from a LEO. Cop had no reason to drop him just for having a shitty attitude. If the kid had raised a hand in any way then do what you gotta do. The cop used the excuse that the kid stepped into the cops face but he never moved, cop stepped forward into the kid and make the only move.
I really don't care that the kid got manhandled a little for his attitude since he wasn't hurt. What pisses me off the most is the cop lying about why he manhandled the kid.

One of the individuals had a professional duty to deescalate the situation and stay calm.

One of the individuals had the right to express himself and voice his Constitutionally protected rights.

Mouthing off or being disrespectful gives no one the right to lay a hand on another, let alone a professional public servant who is supposed to be upholding the law.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
What I don't understand is why didn't the cops do what they were called in to do? The guy was assaulted & robbed.

Cop 'tude because you don't like the response time on something that went in as a non-911 call, I'm liable to tell you to go to the station file a compliant at the desk and a report at the same time, then getting in my car and resuming. Thank god I don't deal with that you took to long to satisfy me BS anymore.  

So you ignore what is possibly criminal trespass with assault?

Non-Emergency? Yeah if you you want to get stupid, I'd drive right right the hell away. You call me, about a "crime in progress" and then decide response time to a non-emergency call is what you want to have priority, then that's a complaint that can be filed at the station. Otherwise answer the questions about the offense you reported.  

For all we know it could have been home invasion with assault (limited info from the video because a dick wagging contest ensued prior to any actual exchange). I don't know how they do things in Missouri but at my former department driving away without investigating that because you did not like the complaintants attitude would have you on leave, pending review and likely disciplinary action.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread wouldn't be half as long if it weren't for all the Marine vs. Cop vs. Army comments.

Idiots that think that being in the Army automatically makes them a badass are gonna get put into their place, just like any other idiot who runs their mouth.

I'm not justifying what the cop did.  The situation wasn't handled correctly by either of them.

In a perfect world, the cop would get fired and the reservist would get his shit back.

But we all know nothing will happen to the cop and the people who assaulted the kid were probably long gone by the time the two tough guys were done wrestling.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Lawyer up

looks like assault to me
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't get into a cop's face with aggresive intent.

No problem with this at all.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
If I saw that video of:

Cop stepping up to a citizen that called for assistance and then slapping them to the ground like that.

And I was a Sheriff/Chief. I would call an all hands formation and personally rip the badge from his chest while firing him and have my asst chief charge him with felony assault and every other charge I could come up with get laughed the fuck out of the DA's office  so fast after the tape was viewed for being so uninformed as to charge a felony for that incident, that I 'd be a living legend with the area LE and legal communities .

Motherfucker would get the BOOK.

You, Cops that think shit like this is acceptable are plain wrong.   And if this is the way cops are going to act in the new police state USA  then don't be upset when the public stand idly by and watches you get killed.  When the thin blue line gets a little too thin NO ONE will help that has been treated like that.

I guarantee you that young man will NEVER respect a cop ever, to him they are all that shitty jackass.  

That police officer was as unprofessional as he could get and has no business in law enforcement and is an embarressment to the profession.

FIFY  

Wouldn't matter what the DA said or did, the example would have been made, the cop fired and humiliated and a standard of behaviour and professionalism set.  

That would be the whole reason for said action.

I am sorry if you think what that cop did was acceptable. I do not agree, as you can tell.  

Authority abused is a great danger to our society and in the effectivness of "keeping the peace".   Especially today.  folks are wired tighter than I have seen in my lifetime EVER right now and I am talking the "good productive citizens"  not the riff raff.   Professionalism should be the order of the day in law enforcement always.   There was nothing "professional"  about that officers behaviour.  

Hell behaviour like that I do not believe would  be acceptable from a Marine in AFG right now.

It would matter a helluva alot after your crusading ass announced , after your Branded pageantry and announcement that Officer Doofus was being charged with Felony Assault that the PA laughed their ass off and threw your PC statement back in your lap and told to adjust to the RSMo definitions of what constitutes a felony assault in the state of Missouri.

But it would be good for a laugh or 50.

Unprofessional Cop still fired,  Standard of professionalism still set.  Those two things were the intent.

This country is turning into a Police state with cops attacking the folks that call them for help that is what is unacceptable.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry but kid was being a dick...he asked for it.....if he had shown some respect to begin with instead of acting like a hard ass and sayin "us soldier, us soldier" none of this would have ever happened....just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's another thing to consider. The cop rolls up and this guy starts getting belligerent. The cop doesn't know if the guy is angry, crazy, on drugs or just what. The guy is yelling and swearing then squares off.
Now what would all you armchair cops have done? Maybe apologize while bath salt boy is chewing on your face?

As for 45 minute response time, there might have been higher priority calls that had to be taken before this one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorry but kid was being a dick...he asked for it.....if he had shown some respect to begin with instead of acting like a hard ass and sayin "us soldier, us soldier" none of this would have ever happened....just my opinion though.

Dick thing to say, "US Soldier, bro"?  Maybe...but he said it after the cop got in his face for no reason.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here's another thing to consider. The cop rolls up and this guy starts getting belligerent. The cop doesn't know if the guy is angry, crazy, on drugs or just what. The guy is yelling and swearing then squares off.
Now what would all you armchair cops have done? Maybe apologize while bath salt boy is chewing on your face?

As for 45 minute response time, there might have been higher priority calls that had to be taken before this one.

Except the guy isn't yelling, and didn't square off.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how GD forgets the "cop" is a former Marine.  For GD all it matters is that he is a cop, so he must be wrong...

"Assaulted"?!?!  So the cop can square up to the guy and the guy is supposed to back down?

Fixed that for you. Must not have watched the video. I'll let it slide this time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Unprofessional Cop still fired,  Standard of professionalism still set.  Those two things were the intent.

This country is turning into a Police state with cops attacking the folks that call them for help that is what is unacceptable.

And as leader you look like an idiot by over charging. They'll always second guess you, because you did it. You want to charge fine but do it within the statute, instead of being a knee jerk.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Personally I generally side with cops, but this cop was out of line.  It was a little hard to see if the kid made any kind of move; however, the cop increased the tension by losing his temper.  Unprofessional.   The cop then talked shit when the kid was down.  Unprofessional.  Cops can't hit you for being mouthy.  I would say the actions of the officer after he took the kid down says more about the cops attitude than anything else.  He lost his cool.  This is the kind of stuff that makes people mistrust cops.

Maybe the cop had a bad day.  He shouldn't lose his job unless this is documented patterned behavior.  He should be reprimanded, and it should go on his record.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep, or if the piece of shit "marine" with the badge and gun hadn't hit the guy, we wouldn't be having this coversation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how GD forgets the "cop" is a former Marine. For GD all it matters is that he is a cop, so he must be wrong...

Horseshit. The cop stepped up to the victim...THE FUCKING GUY WHO CALLED FOR HELP...in a threatening manner.

Unless you are retarded or blatantly trying to defend the "brothers in blue" you can see who escalated the situation and initiated the violence.

No fucking wonder people hate cops. Protect and serve my fucking ass.

It's not that hard to pick up the can.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Once the cop identifies himself a a marine (and he is not, he's a former marine who is a cop in a podunk town who thinks he's a bad ass) it turns unprofessional quick. A professional officer might have had to do the same thing, without all the ooorah talk. This jack-ass made it a marine vs soldier thing.

Fuck him, hope he loses his job.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking blind? The cop got in the face of the other guy and escalated the situation.

No, but I've been doing the job for 17 years.

When I KNOW something is going to go down, I will move into range and take the dude down.  Best case, before the other guy makes his move.  We don't have to wait to be attacked.

I could tell by the way the dude was moving as he approached the officers that they would have to go hands on.

We are not required to back off or deesculate every situation.

so what you are saying, Waingro, is that you had to get it on?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your perception is subjective at best, and you can't just step up to people and attack them because you think they might do something.

If I was a witness to that event, I'd immediately call the next level of LE be it county or state, and report that I just witnessed local cops assaulting a citizen without provocation.

I agree.

But when you can articulate their actions and how they point to aggressivness and possible actions, you can step up to people and premptively use action.
It would be entertaining to see you try to involve another agency.  It would be worth a laugh.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

And if a cop gets in your face with aggressive intent curl up into the fetal position and urinate yourself.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And as leader you look like an idiot by over charging. They'll always second guess you, because you did it. You want to charge fine but do it within the statute, instead of being a knee jerk.  

Got it.    

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup

If he had gotten in the cops face this would make sense. The cop stepped the the kid at :36, kid didn't step to the cop. Nothing wrong with that but except the cop says at :41 "are you getting in my face?" and at :45 SLAP.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup

And if a cop gets in your face with aggressive intent curl up into the fetal position and urinate yourself.

Is that what happened last time?   No, we don't require it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry, but he had that coming.  Attitude is everything.

so what, public "officials" don't have to restrain themselves. By your logic he could have shot him

He was faggot marine who lost his temper, hope he loses his job.

I would take the "faggot Marine" over a whiny Soldier anyday.

Good news for you then, most marines are faggots. Soldiers can be whiny because they actually work.

Heh

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:]
I agree.

But when you can articulate their actions and how they point to aggressivness and possible actions, you can step up to people and premptively use action.

It would be entertaining to see you try to involve another agency.  It would be worth a laugh.

I don't doubt the ability of officers to document a justification for anything.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dick thing to say, "US Soldier, bro"?  Maybe...but he said it after the cop got in his face for no reason.

No... it was nothing more than a dick measuring contest initiated by the kid and he lost...I bet he wouldn't address a superior officer in the same way...just because he's in the military he doesn't get a free pass to act like a dick. Show some fuckin respect....it will go a lot farther than acting like an entitled little bitch who thinks he's a  hard ass right up until he gets a knee in his chest.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The little bitch deserved to be slapped! For all the butthurt in this thread, you probably has the same childish attitude as the little punk.

+1

The heart of the issue.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#35]
It looked as if the cop got pissed the guy was complaining about the response time, angrily stepped up to get in the kids face, the kid then bowed up identifying himself as a soldier.  Cop then hit/slapped/elbowed the kid knocking him to the ground.

Honestly, it looks as if the officer let emotions dictate how he handled the situation instead of a level head.  We all do that every so often, but I suspect it is a pattern with this officer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Marine doing what Marines Do, Kid was being stupid and got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No... it was nothing more than a dick measuring contest initiated by the kid and he lost...I bet he wouldn't address a superior officer in the same way...just because he's in the military he doesn't get a free pass to act like a dick. Show some fuckin respect....it will go a lot farther than acting like an entitled little bitch who thinks he's a  hard ass right up until he gets a knee in his chest.

How do you figure it was initiated by the guy?  The cop got in his face right off the bat because the guy was upset over the response time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
could have cracked his skull open

ETA: read that as "should", not "could" - damn you Macallan
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Police officer is hired by the public to protect the public.

Pubic servant.

Cop gets pissed because citizen states the obvious, the response times suck shit.

Cunt twat shitbag cop refuses to let the citizen rant and instead smacks down the citizen.

Cop should be fired.

There was no threat from the citizen.

Fuck that cop.

Fire him.

Next.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No... it was nothing more than a dick measuring contest initiated by the kid and he lost...I bet he wouldn't address a superior officer in the same way...just because he's in the military he doesn't get a free pass to act like a dick. Show some fuckin respect....it will go a lot farther than acting like an entitled little bitch who thinks he's a hard ass right up until he gets a knee in his chest.

How do you figure it was initiated by the guy? The cop got in his face right off the bat because the guy was upset over the response time.

I don't have the whole story, but if he was assaulted by two people, who took thousands of dollars of property, and decided to hole up in his house for 45 minutes, the cops should have rolled up on two bodies that had just stopped steaming from the blown out guts. It looks like the little pussy let the bad guys take over his house, take his shit, eat his food, watch his cable, and decided to get mad at the cops for being late. (As if you can count on cops for anything other than "taking reports". )

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you figure it was initiated by the guy?  The cop got in his face right off the bat because the guy was upset over the response time.

Because he obviously had an attitude from the second the cops arrived....Ok you're pissed it took 45 minutes to respond, you don't know the circumstances, have the cops deal with the guys who bitch slapped you and took your shit first and then complain about the response time afterwards.... Do you think there gonna give a fuck about his shit after he got all puffy chested  and tried to assert his dominance...fuck him I wouldnt.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

LOL.

Kids these days.

Bet he won't do that again.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Kid challenged him. It is imperative the cop gains scene control or he may end up a dead cop one day. Seen this play out the other way many times with rookies. Guy bows up to see what the rooks reaction is rook plays coy, next thing he knows he's taking a swing. NEVER let people walk on you when you are supposed to project authority.

Don't want your ass kicked. Don't get aggressive. Simple.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#44]
What's a JBT?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#45]
cop needs to be made an example of
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Because he obviously had an attitude from the second the cops arrived....Ok you're pissed it took 45 minutes to respond, you don't know the circumstances, have the cops deal with the guys who bitch slapped you and took your shit first and then complain about the response time afterwards.... Do you think there gonna give a fuck about his shit after he got all puffy chested  and tried to assert his dominance...fuck him I wouldnt.

The guy didn't say anything aggressively or even act particularly agitated until the cop started arguing about the 45min response time.  The cop clearly escalated at every step.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What's a JBT?

Jack Booted Thug

See here under Allegory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackboot

Had no idea Wayne had used it like that. +1 for him.

ETA:

In 1995, National Rifle Association (NRA) Executive Vice-president Wayne LaPierre sparked controversy when he referred to federal agents as "jackbooted government thugs"; the comment caused former U.S. President George H.W. Bush to cancel his lifetime membership in the organization. The resignation of so public a figure as Mr. Bush prompted an open letter from the association to the former president to be published in major newspapers; the letter included a litany of alleged and settled cases of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms abuses and an assertion that LaPierre and the NRA were merely borrowing a well-worn phrase uttered by other public figures in their calls for reform of the agency, among them Representative John Dingell of Michigan.[9]

Heh.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really? The officers walked all the way up to him?

He NEVER moved at all? He didn't display any sort of emotion or attitude at all?

The dude was giving off ALL KINDS of clues to his mental state.

The officer stepped right up to the guy when the guy made a comment about the cops taking 45min to show up.

Then the guy turned to the cop and said, "US soldier, bro" and the cop took him down.

this

The      `

The cop gave off ALL KINDS of clues to his mental state, too.  He got pissed off that the victim was upset for the lengthy response time and got in his face to intimidate him.  Then flipped his lid when a mere soldier wasn't intimidated and dared to "disrespect" a cop (or marine, maybe).

...and the cop is in the right?  

ETA: not buying the "guy's body language threatened violence."  Complete bullshit.  He just got his ass kicked, he's holding a cigarette, and he's going to attack the police that he called to help him?  

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No... it was nothing more than a dick measuring contest initiated by the kid and he lost...I bet he wouldn't address a superior officer in the same way...just because he's in the military he doesn't get a free pass to act like a dick. Show some fuckin respect....it will go a lot farther than acting like an entitled little bitch who thinks he's a hard ass right up until he gets a knee in his chest.

How do you figure it was initiated by the guy? The cop got in his face right off the bat because the guy was upset over the response time.

Because he obviously had an attitude from the second the cops arrived....Ok you're pissed it took 45 minutes to respond, you don't know the circumstances, have the cops deal with the guys who bitch slapped you and took your shit first and then complain about the response time afterwards.... Do you think there gonna give a fuck about his shit after he got all puffy chested and tried to assert his dominance...fuck him I wouldnt.
They don't have that discretion. And why does a cop have the right to tell you to put out your cigarette? Is it dangerous, can it impede on your performance of your duties? If you are a smoker who just experienced some scary shit, you will be smoking. Alot.

It all boils down to the fact that cops really (never ever) do not care about your drama. They just want to clear the call and go back to riding around looking important.

Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top