Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how many phone calls local LE received that day.

From wikipedia

"A Minnesotan man was fined $2,583 and sentenced to three years' probation[5] on charges of detonating an explosive device and unlawful possession of components for explosives after he detonated 100 lb (45 kg) of Tannerite inside the bed of a dump truck by shooting it with a rifle chambered in .50 BMG from 300 yards (270 m) away on January 14, 2008 in Red Wing, Minnesota. The man was on probation when he mixed and shot the Tannerite and was not allowed to possess firearms or explosives. [6][7] The blast could be felt at Prairie Island Nuclear Power Plant (roughly 5 miles away).

A 20-year-old man in Busti, New York stated that he shot 18 pounds of Tannerite, an explosive used on many shooting ranges that sent a "loud boom" through the area and extended as far south as Pennsylvania. This explosive noise caused numerous phone calls to the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office, the New York State Police, and other law enforcement in the area. Busti, New York is in Western New York, south of Buffalo and north of Erie, Pennsylvania."

eta. and yes I know he supposedly did it legally.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What a DUMB FUCK. This is the kind of stuff that gets tannerite banned. Plus, I hope there wasn't a 25 year old 20+ lb. pike swimming around around it when he lit it off. Regardless, I'm sure he killed a lot of some type of fish. DUMB FUCK.

So, just exactly what are your accepted ways of killing pike, Mr Pikeslayer?

It's ok to hook them through the back and hang them in the air until they suffocate, evidently. But I infer from your post that it is unacceptable to kill them instantly with 250 pounds of explosive.

And if a larger explosion is what will "get tannerite banned", please instruct us as to the maximum amount you would find acceptable for us to detonate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I was 12,I'd be going WHOA COOL! But the adult in me knows tannerite isn't going to be legal much longer.

Which to me is fucking stupid.

Its a binary compound that is more stable than what we pump into our vehicles everyday.  We could start setting off 250gallon firebombs with a tracer and it would be much more devistating with the residual burning fluids that spray everywhere.

All about how scary and frequent.....per usual.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What a DUMB FUCK. This is the kind of stuff that gets tannerite banned. Plus, I hope there wasn't a 25 year old 20+ lb. pike swimming around around it when he lit it off. Regardless, I'm sure he killed a lot of some type of fish. DUMB FUCK.

He clearly said what they were doing is 5x the legal limit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the hoard of posters with sand in their vaginas. Oh. Wait. Too late.

Lol, for all the sandy vaginas that looks like a man made pond. Probably NOT stocked with fish and used with owners permission.

You have no idea what that is from the field of vision. I live on a 5,800 acre lake and there's dozens of little bays that look exactly like that. Plus, if it was some really remote location like he claims, it's more than likely it has wildlife in it. As someone who donates hundreds of dollars a year to stocking programs, dumbfucks like tannerite boy really get on my nerves. Regardless of if fish are in it or not, videos like this can be passed around by the environment first crowd to make us look bad & show how we're "irresponsible gun owners." . It's as bad as James Yeager.

I guess I quit giving a flying fuck about what the environment first crowd thought of me years ago. Along with liberal gun grabbers. There is no satisfying them, period. Ever. Doesn't matter what we say, don't say, do or don't do. They will keep pushing their agenda regardless. If you think being polite and low key is going to somehow sway them into accepting us, you are delusional.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumbass. This is why we can't have nice things. Idiots ruin it for everyone.

This^^^^

Yep... Youtube is going to be downfall of everything we hold dear, between this & bump-firing videos...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^^^^

Yep... Youtube is going to be downfall of everything we hold dear, between this & bump-firing videos...

I hope that last comment is sarcasim...

if a person wants to bump fire let them...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This thread is hilarious.  Show a picture of a truck full of dead raccoons with an AR laying across the top of them and get an internet's worth of kudos.  Kill a few stupid fish in privately owned pond and all of a sudden all of arfcom is a bunch of God damned tree hugging hippies who are scared of losing their toys.  

GD never fails...

We don't even know that there were any fish harmed in the making of this video...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:45:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's ok to hook them through the back and hang them in the air until they suffocate, evidently. But I infer from your post that it is unacceptable to kill them instantly with 250 pounds of explosive.

And if a larger explosion is what will "get tannerite banned", please instruct us as to the maximum amount you would find acceptable for us to detonate.

Well, I can't do anything about the fact that the one in my avatar foul hooked itself 30 yards behind the boat. But, I released it, and it it lived. To answer your question, I generally catch one of them (one, there's no risk to them remaining ones in the lake from the hook in the one I catch), and I remove it from the lake. I don't blow up explosives in the lake that leave residual chemicals in the water to generally fuck up the ecology of the water. But then again, I am a big conservation patron and usually put that ahead of doing "fucking cool" stuff with tannerite when I'm out on the water.

As to how much tannerite is acceptable, I could care less. I just get tired of donating huge sums of money to trout unlimited, du, muskie club, etc.& spending several weekends a year stocking small lakes, and then I see this sort of stuff.

Perhaps I came off as a bit preachy originally. If so, I apologize.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^^^^

I hope that last comment is sarcasim...

if a person wants to bump fire let them...

I can't afford to bump-fire anymore... Damn panic buying...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There seems to be more and more of them (girly-men).
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#12]
It's kind of like the cries of "Don't open carry or we'll lose the right to open carry!"

The other side doesn't care if we do things like this or not. They're going to try and ban everything anyway.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Whooop de doo  a big boom.  What a Gen-X turd.  

Thanks for the unwanted attention asshole.

Yes, let's just drive the enjoyment of anything "manly" totally underground.  Let's just push those that show their enjoyment of more prominent aspects of this hobby away.  Don't take your evil black rifle to the shooting range, keep it hidden and hope that no one tries to ban it.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This. I like explosions and stuff, but there has to be common sense.

<-- Predicts tannerite panic in near future.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#14]
This thread is bursting with pansies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, for all the sandy vaginas that looks like a man made pond. Probably NOT stocked with fish and used with owners permission.

You have no idea what that is from the field of vision. I live on a 5,800 acre lake and there's dozens of little bays that look exactly like that. Plus, if it was some really remote location like he claims, it's more than likely it has wildlife in it. As someone who donates hundreds of dollars a year to stocking programs, dumbfucks like tannerite boy really get on my nerves. Regardless of if fish are in it or not, videos like this can be passed around by the environment first crowd to make us look bad & show how we're "irresponsible gun owners." . It's as bad as James Yeager.

HAHAHAH Holy shit! Are we in Jr. high? Is this the girls rest room WTF? Your so worried about killing fish and your screen name is Pike slayer with a pic of a back hooked fish under it......
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAHAHAH Holy shit! Are we in Jr. high? Is this the girls rest room WTF? Your so worried about killing fish and your screen name is Pike slayer with a pic of a dead fish under it......

"Hey bro, that's different."

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHAHAH Holy shit! Are we in Jr. high? Is this the girls rest room WTF? Your so worried about killing fish and your screen name is Pike slayer with a pic of a dead fish under it......

"Hey bro, that's different."

Yeah I guess so.. Could this be another instance of low post count new arrival syndrome?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why bother coming up with an argument when you can call people a pussy and be done with it?

Over on the the DU website they call people a "racist".

Good stuff.

Is blowing up 250lbs of tannerite in a lake the right thing to do?  Is posting a video of it a smart idea?   WHO CARES, PUSSY, BECAUSE I AM ELITE.

Nice strawman!

For me it's not that i am elite. Far from it. Maybe i just come from the last generation where you could do something fun and a little dangerous and ... That's all it was: fun and a little dangerous. I view what the guys on the Jackass show did as more dangerous (and considerably less fun) than this, and that show was hugely popular.

Nobody wrung their hands and fretted about grocery carts being taken away from us when they videotaped themselves rolling down hills in them.

As for things dying, I'd be surprised if anything larger than crawfish died. Also: i only watched it on my phone but it looked like it was filmed high res- someone on a big monitor look at the water after the explosion. If you can see one single dead fish bob to the surface I'll eat my hat. Dead stuff floats to the surface, kids. Should be easy to ascertain.

Well, congratulation on coming from the last generation where you could do something fun and a little dangerous and not wring your hands and fret.

Gosh that adhominem you presented sure makes you sound like a non-pussy.  Kudos!

It's almost like your entire argument consists of you explaining how you're an old school non-pussy unlike the hand-wringers who disagree with you.

Don't see that too much of that sort of thing on arf GD all righty

I work in heavy construction, I have observed that a decision based on ego and 'tude is the precursor to fucking something up.

And your entire argument is "pride goeth before a fall", but it simply doesn't apply here.

You need to calm down my friend. All that sturm und drang over essentially nothing is going to earn you ulcers at the very least.

This is no big deal. Really.

I didn't present any argument regarding the video.  For all you know I think it's great.

Let's switch gears a little and call each other racists.  That would make this thread more of a DU flavor.

Or we could do a ghetto version and call each other ghetto insults. You momma is real ashy.  Oh snap!

Lacking any intellectual content, it comes down to a matter of style.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Some folks know how to enjoy life!
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#20]
That was fucking awesome

Quoted:

He had a licensed blaster on site to make it "legal".
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you want to go blow up 250 lbs. of tannerite, cool, I don't give a shit. Go do it in a field, clearing in the woods, etc. Don't blow it up in lake, pond, whatever it is where things live. Stupid shit like this is how half the lakes in the midwest became worthless sport fishing wise. Dumping 250 pounds of chemical residue into a wetlands is FUCKING RETARDED.

That's a manmade pond on private land, and you are a sanctimonious prick. The kind that thinks my property becomes a "wetland" because I dug a hole with a backhoe & filled it with water.

Go play with your rod.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I love the hand wringers who hate tannernite.

I will shoot some next weekend just for them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want to go blow up 250 lbs. of tannerite, cool, I don't give a shit. Go do it in a field, clearing in the woods, etc. Don't blow it up in lake, pond, whatever it is where things live. Stupid shit like this is how half the lakes in the midwest became worthless sport fishing wise. Dumping 250 pounds of chemical residue into a wetlands is FUCKING RETARDED.

Get a grip, Nancy--just settle down.  It's fertilizer and aluminum powder.  Nothing toxic, nothing dangerous, nothing "bad" in it.  Please take a breath before you get the vapors.  

I'm not sure the extent to which those chemicals will pollute a pond, but it isn't healthy for it i would bet.  Run-off from farm fields kills a lot of small ponds and lakes.  

Of course if he owns the lake/pond... well then live free or die!
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It will be illegal soon and the guys that make videos of it like this (100+ explosions) are going to be what they show when they propose the new laws.

Don't post those videos with 'assault weapons' or .50 cals either!

The panty waists on here need to grow a dick.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I was 12,I'd be going WHOA COOL! But the adult in me knows tannerite isn't going to be legal much longer.

Which to me is fucking stupid.

Its a binary compound that is more stable than what we pump into our vehicles everyday.  We could start setting off 250gallon firebombs with a tracer and it would be much more devistating with the residual burning fluids that spray everywhere.

All about how scary and frequent.....per usual.

Suddenly i find myself calculating how much fuel i need to be 250 lbs...

If i can get gasoline banned, then the scum from NYC can't drive up to where i live....

.... until the FSA starts being issued electric cars with the daily alotment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Lots of folks scared of the legislature. The pen is mightier than the sword, after all.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For everyone whining about some dude setting off a perfectly legal product under controlled circumstances...

Click here ---> http://piv.pivpiv.dk/

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#28]
uhm, isn't this the whole point of tannerite? To have some fun? Do you think that the illegal ATF and libtards are already aware of tannerite? No humans were harmed during the filming of this video. Wash the sand out of your vagina and sack up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#30]
I met a bunch of great local KSP officers that I am now personal friends with due to over 4lbs of tannerite in a valley on my farm. It also shook the windows in the house and made my distance neighbors complain.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice foul hooked pike in your avatar.  

There's three different angles given in the video.  As best anyone can tell it's a 2 acre man made pond.  Which would make sense as you'd end up with a bunch of calls to local law enforcement if it was anywhere the public had access.

If you watched Mythbusters you'd know a surface explosion doesn't transfer much energy to the water beneath as evidenced by the lack of energy in the waves created by the explosion.  So at worst, he might have killed a few crappie or bluegill.

That said, I hope this explosion was far enough away from the public so as to not create alarm and ruin it for the rest of us.

I saw that video last year. There has been quite an uproar over it.

Or not.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is blowing up 250lbs of tannerite in a lake the right thing to do?  Is posting a video of it a smart idea?  

How do you feel about posting vids of full autos?

WHO CARES I'M ELITE AND NOT A PUSSY

I DUMP MOTOR OIL ON MY LAWN SO THAT I WON'T BE A HIPPY

Show us your M16. Still waiting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Good for the Revolution
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn, guys . What the fuck happened here? Why is there all the butthurt? Are you all serious or trolling?

"Don't tread on me! I won't comply! Fuck the feds! Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!.....but don't exercise your freedom and rights where others can see it, they'll take it away!" You sound like battered women sticking up for their SOs...

Get the fuck over it and sack up

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why bother coming up with an argument when you can call people a pussy and be done with it?

Over on the the DU website they call people a "racist".

Good stuff.

Is blowing up 250lbs of tannerite in a lake the right thing to do?  Is posting a video of it a smart idea?   WHO CARES, PUSSY, BECAUSE I AM ELITE.

Nice strawman!

For me it's not that i am elite. Far from it. Maybe i just come from the last generation where you could do something fun and a little dangerous and ... That's all it was: fun and a little dangerous. I view what the guys on the Jackass show did as more dangerous (and considerably less fun) than this, and that show was hugely popular.

Nobody wrung their hands and fretted about grocery carts being taken away from us when they videotaped themselves rolling down hills in them.

As for things dying, I'd be surprised if anything larger than crawfish died. Also: i only watched it on my phone but it looked like it was filmed high res- someone on a big monitor look at the water after the explosion. If you can see one single dead fish bob to the surface I'll eat my hat. Dead stuff floats to the surface, kids. Should be easy to ascertain.

Well, congratulation on coming from the last generation where you could do something fun and a little dangerous and not wring your hands and fret.

Gosh that adhominem you presented sure makes you sound like a non-pussy.  Kudos!

It's almost like your entire argument consists of you explaining how you're an old school non-pussy unlike the hand-wringers who disagree with you.

Don't see that too much of that sort of thing on arf GD all righty

I work in heavy construction, I have observed that a decision based on ego and 'tude is the precursor to fucking something up.

And your entire argument is "pride goeth before a fall", but it simply doesn't apply here.

You need to calm down my friend. All that sturm und drang over essentially nothing is going to earn you ulcers at the very least.

This is no big deal. Really.

I didn't present any argument regarding the video.  For all you know I think it's great.

Let's switch gears a little and call each other racists.  That would make this thread more of a DU flavor.

Or we could do a ghetto version and call each other ghetto insults. You momma is real ashy.  Oh snap!

Lacking any intellectual content, it comes down to a matter of style.

The only thing lacking any intellectual content are your posts in this thread.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I can't do anything about the fact that the one in my avatar foul hooked itself 30 yards behind the boat. But, I released it, and it it lived. To answer your question, I generally catch one of them (one, there's no risk to them remaining ones in the lake from the hook in the one I catch), and I remove it from the lake. I don't blow up explosives in the lake that leave residual chemicals in the water to generally fuck up the ecology of the water. But then again, I am a big conservation patron and usually put that ahead of doing "fucking cool" stuff with tannerite when I'm out on the water.

As to how much tannerite is acceptable, I could care less. I just get tired of donating huge sums of money to trout unlimited, du, muskie club, etc.& spending several weekends a year stocking small lakes, and then I see this sort of stuff.

Perhaps I came off as a bit preachy originally. If so, I apologize.

Do you know that TU, DU, etc stocked that pond? I can understand outrage if that video took place on public land, or on private land without the landowner's permission. But it appears that either that guy owned the pond or had permission from the landowner. There may not even be any fish in that pond, since it does appear to be man-made. Regardless, it's a small pond on private property, so even if there were enough chemicals to contaminate it, it won't affect you, and I'm sure that the concentration is low enough that it won't affect groundwater.

Relax, man. Enjoy the shooting video.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Nothing like a Tannerite thread to expose the FUDD's.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Meh, been done before.

2006 Big Sandy MG shoot. They guys from Damage LLC filled a blue water barrel with 250 pounds of mixed tannerite (I have pictures of the pile of boxes at their camp, somewhere) and then shot it with a 90mm cannon. For some reason I think that getting hit with a 27 pound projectile doing 2700 FPS caused more of the tannerite to blow than it would have if it were to just get hit with a bullet. The barrel is about 300 yards away from the camera. The shockwave was...impressive.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Fuck those fish they had it comin.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Arrogant fuck. He blocked me a couple years ago because I asked him if the gelatin he used in a "test" had been calibrated. He's pretty fond of himself.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#43]
I say include a deceased's ashes and have a heck of a funeral sendoff.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They had just as much time to develop weapons as we did. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#45]
what an asshole, he just killed all the fish in that pond. Fish and Wildlife should knock on his door.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Guy obviously has a very small dick.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had just as much time to develop weapons as we did. Fuck em.

It's amazing how fast I burn through a case of key boards when I'm on this site.  My nose hasn't stopped dripping coffee since I became a member.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

what an asshole, he just killed all the fish in that pond. Fish and Wildlife should knock on his door.

And you know this how?  God, is that you?

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top