Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
For everyone whining about some dude setting off a perfectly legal product under controlled circumstances...

Click here ---> http://piv.pivpiv.dk/

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I could have sworn I clicked on this thread at AR15.com...but I end up at SandyVaginaPETAChapter.org.

No shit, bunch of Lamar's in here with their limp-wristed posting styles

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

For everyone whining about some dude setting off a perfectly legal product under controlled circumstances...

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you want to go blow up 250 lbs. of tannerite, cool, I don't give a shit. Go do it in a field, clearing in the woods, etc. Don't blow it up in lake, pond, whatever it is where things live. Stupid shit like this is how half the lakes in the midwest became worthless sport fishing wise. Dumping 250 pounds of chemical residue into a wetlands is FUCKING RETARDED.

Nice foul hooked pike in your avatar.  

There's three different angles given in the video.  As best anyone can tell it's a 2 acre man made pond.  Which would make sense as you'd end up with a bunch of calls to local law enforcement if it was anywhere the public had access.

If you watched Mythbusters you'd know a surface explosion doesn't transfer much energy to the water beneath as evidenced by the lack of energy in the waves created by the explosion.  So at worst, he might have killed a few crappie or bluegill.

That said, I hope this explosion was far enough away from the public so as to not create alarm and ruin it for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, it made a pretty good concussive wave too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What a DUMB FUCK. This is the kind of stuff that gets tannerite banned. Plus, I hope there wasn't a 25 year old 20+ lb. pike swimming around around it when he lit it off. Regardless, I'm sure he killed a lot of some type of fish. DUMB FUCK.

Your name is Pike Slayer and you are bitching about someone killing fish?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:03:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a DUMB FUCK. This is the kind of stuff that gets tannerite banned. Plus, I hope there wasn't a 25 year old 20+ lb. pike swimming around around it when he lit it off. Regardless, I'm sure he killed a lot of some type of fish. DUMB FUCK.

Your name is Pike Slayer and you are bitching about someone killing fish?

Hypocrisy is a staple here on Arfcom it seems.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:05:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Putting it on the internet to go viral and draw unwanted attention is what will kill our freedoms.

Freedoms cannot be taken away... otherwise "freedoms" are just a misnomer for "privileges".

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:10:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Holy chin-weld batman!  Can he get rings for that scope that are taller?

Also $20 on him owning an F350 with at least 10" of suspension lift.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:11:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Oh the drama...

Geez guys. Dry out your piss soaked panties and enjoy things a little.

Man, no shit.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:15:22 AM EDT
[#12]

This is what happens when the average person does the same thing. You get 3 felony charges.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Putting it on the internet to go viral and draw unwanted attention is what will kill our freedoms.

If thats all it takes, then they were doomed in the 1st place.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:17:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/2_HRyAG2xqU

This is what happens when the average person does the same thing. You get 3 felony charges.

LOL, I remember this, supposedly they set off alarms at the local nuc power plant.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I just want to know what the orange cloud was.  

Is that normal for tannerite, or did he vaporize the pool toy?

As for blowing 250lbs. of tannerite?  Eh, it's his money.  I hope he makes some dough off of it monetize his videos, or selling more tannerite.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:24:45 AM EDT
[#16]
"Oh no, he posted a video of himself having fun and enjoying his legal rights.

He is going to ruin it for everyone.

Doesn't he know we can have fun, as long as we do it in secret and don't scare anybody?"

Fuck that Bullshit timid thinking.
He is doing something he enjoys, in a safe, legal manner.

Who cares? Jelly?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes because as long as we don't do it we are free to do it....

Fuck go hide under the bed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:30:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The stepmom in the vid reminds me of Stiffler's mom from American Pie.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Get the purses out
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:41:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I wonder if his boat still floats. . .
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As for blowing 250lbs. of tannerite?  Eh, it's his money.  I hope he makes some dough off of it monetize his videos, or selling more tannerite.

I'm going to call it "Agent Orange" and spam FB with it.

Ah man, you're going to ruin agent orange for everybody.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#26]
How much would 250 lbs cost?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:43:00 AM EDT
[#27]
When did this place become flooded with whiney, snivelling pussies?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If you want to go blow up 250 lbs. of tannerite, cool, I don't give a shit. Go do it in a field, clearing in the woods, etc. Don't blow it up in lake, pond, whatever it is where things live. Stupid shit like this is how half the lakes in the midwest became worthless sport fishing wise. Dumping 250 pounds of chemical residue into a wetlands is FUCKING RETARDED.

Kinda contradicting isn't it? But if he does it on land, what about the poor little grasshoppers, crickets, weevils, and other insects he might harm? What about the vegetation? OH THE HUMANITY!!!!one!11!!1one!!!!

Someone get the barrel of Preparation H ready --  for there is massive butt hurt in this thread.

And yes, the guy is douchey.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Why bother coming up with an argument when you can call people a pussy and be done with it?

Over on the the DU website they call people a "racist".

Good stuff.

Is blowing up 250lbs of tannerite in a lake the right thing to do?  Is posting a video of it a smart idea?   WHO CARES, PUSSY, BECAUSE I AM ELITE.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:49:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quick, pull all the videos of the knob creek night shoots...they've got tannerite and gasoline explosions!!!!
ZOMGWTFBBQ!!??!?!???!!!!???!!

If your first reaction to that explosion was, oh no, now they will ban it, you are a nut-less busy body that needs to put on your big boy pants and shut the fuck up.

We got one guy crying about pikes getting killed and another hand-wringer worried that tannerite is going to be bannanited....holy batshit crazy!

The last time I attended Knob Creek, the night shoot reminded me of Apocalypse Now

Those cats know how to party.

That smell...that gasoline smell...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:50:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If we have stooped so low as to the only way we can keep something legal is hiding it from the government than perhaps we no longer deserve to be free.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:50:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Geesh people.  You can make the shit yourself.  It's not that hard.  
I can go to the local machine shot and get very fine al powder and make really nice big booms.  Do you see the ATF shutting down machine shops?  

I can get the ingredients for thermite off amazon.  Do you see the ATF shutting down amazon anytime soon?

Do not give lazy ignorant government workers more credit than they deserve.

This.  I don't see a ban on aluminum and fertilizer/cold packs/FUCKING RUST/etc. coming.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Holy sandy vaginas batman.

Yeeeep!

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dumbass. This is why we can't have nice things. Idiots ruin it for everyone.

It was perfectly legal what he did.  The only thing he did was kill some fish....MAYBE.....so why whine about it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:55:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Man made pond. Use your eyes kids.

Also, who gives a shit. Good vid.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#39]
It will be illegal soon and the guys that make videos of it like this (100+ explosions) are going to be what they show when they propose the new laws.

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I be he'd have a stroke if he knew that not that long ago it was easy for a civilian to get dynamite
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't know. Probably is still pending.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stepmom in the vid reminds me of Stiffler's mom from American Pie.

What happened to that guy? Did they drop the charges?

Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The orange smoke is a product of the explosive reaction.  Tannerite smoke looks orange or yellow tinted white.

What it is, I am not sure.  Probably has aluminum oxide in it. (But that's a dark gray color most of the time.)  So maybe a sodium / aluminum compound?

That looks like a man made pond.  Probably not a big deal environmental wise unless there is eating of fish out of it.  Aluminum oxide is pretty harmless (despite what the freaks say about Alzheimers) but 100 pounds or whatever of it in the pond isn't going to be a benefit to the water quality.

I was more concerned about stuff like fittings and anchor rope knots and such flying out of it.  That was waaaay to close to be to an explosion like that in my opinion, even if it is dampened down by water.  (Yes, I have set off tannerite before, only up to a gallon at a time though.)
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Going to be hard to ban since it is 1 part dark aluminum flake to 9 parts ammonium nitrate.

Dark alumimum is the stuff sold is sold at walmart look in the automotive area for radiator sealer. Ammonium nitrate is also sold at walmart look in the medical area for instant cold packs.

So how are they going to ban it?

Edit:

Todays chemistry class is now over, have a nice day, and remember chemistry is you friend.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#46]
read the posts in this thread...this is why we are losing our freedoms...because if someone else thinks it is a bad Idea or does not like it..even if it has no effect on them or others they cry and whine about it...

kind of like the whole ...if you open carry it must be because you are an attention whore and nothing more crowd...
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Cool vid, however, not so impressed by 250 lbs. Now....1250 lbs in a jon boat?.......I may grin

Just to add.........for those with all the party pooping non-value added pansy ass comments.....you've exercised your 1st ammendment rights.....so....now.....GTFO
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:09:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 6:09:56 AM EDT
[#50]
in before the "you are contaminating/poisoning the water crowd" of this also...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top