Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/3/2013 9:51:19 AM EDT
Apparently her best friend, is closely related to Eddie Ray, the piece of shit that murdered Chris Kyle. Why is this significant?

The family told my mom, that they BEGGED the staff at the psych facility not to release Eddie Ray. His own family.

He was put on new meds within the days prior to the murder.

His sister (in lancaster) called the cops because Eddie Ray's response about where he got the truck-

"Doesn't matter. He's dead anyway."

Wow.

I hope they fucking slow roast this sick bitch in the chair.

ETA- spelling.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
This is sad all the way around.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]
A loonie on meds senselessly murdered someone?

Gee, that is new.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't be surprised if he hides behind the insanity plea.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#6]
One flew over the coo coo's nest.......
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Looney or not- if a man is a danger to society, he ought to be euthanized. In the case of Eddie Ray- I hope its slow and agonizing.

Just shocked to have my mom call, ask if I heard about Chris Kyle, then tell me about her phone call with her BFF.

Small shitty world we live in.

I haventvtalked to him in years, but the son of my mons friend is a navy vet who received the purple heart in the 'stan. Id be interested to hear his opinion of his cousin's actions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys don't realize how hard it is to commit someone.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's the problem, it's almost impossible to get kooks tossed into the looney bin and keep them there.

The rights of the insane are worth more than the rights of the sane.  The rights of the takers are worth more than the rights of the producers.  The rights of the criminal are worth more than the rights of the victim.

You're a damn lawyer.  This shit can't surprise you anymore.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's the problem, it's almost impossible to get kooks tossed into the looney bin and keep them there.

Big +1.  We have a real crisis and something needs to happen.

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

keep shutting the places down the ones still  open get over run with people they can't hold anyone that actually needs help and then people wonder why the loonies are running on the streets.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Happens every day. Many victims abound. Nothing new.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Apparently her best friend, is closely related to Eddie Ray, the piece of shit that murdered Chris Kyle. Why is this significant?

The family told my mom, that they BEGGED the staff at the psych facility not to release Eddie Ray. His own family.

His sister (in lancaster) called the cops because Eddie Ray's response about where he got the truck-

Wow.

ETA- spelling.

Damn
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Guy gets out of a psych ward somewhere and it was a good idea to take him to the range? Someone supposedly with PTSD?
Why are people making such bad decisions lately?
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#17]
This will get turned around as a guns are bad,even a SEAL is not immune to gun violence in America.
When it should be a we should not let people who are a danger to themselves or others out in society.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like what? Being crazy isn't against the law.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Because they vote.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Guy gets out of a psych ward somewhere and it was a good idea to take him to the range? Someone supposedly with PTSD?

It's like the whole world decided to go full retard all at once.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The liberals are going to have to understand, and everyone else for that matter, that the only solution to this is to start warehousing the mentally ill like we did 100 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Very true.

As one who has first hand experience with a mentally ill wife (now ex), I can tell you how fucked up the system is.

Back in the Carter years, Rosalyn Carter was the spear head for opening up the mental hospitals, asylums, etc. and turning out the mentally ill, under the guise of "their" rights and "mainstreaming" them back in the public. A lot of their argument was where in some cases, rare IMHO, some people were committed by relatives, etc., unjustly. I am sure there were situations as that, but what they then did was to open up these facilities and turn them out thinking as long as they take their meds, all will be right. And as I can tell you from firsthand experience they rarely keep taking their necessary meds.

Whatever the situation is with this guy and whatever turns out to be fact, our mental health policies need some very real changes. Do I have the answers? No, but due to my experiences I can say that something has to be done. I hate hearing how after events like this and Newtown, etc. someone who knew the perp comes forward and says how everyone that knew this person saw it coming but were powerless to do anything.

FWIW
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#23]
There is no bright side to a Hero being murdered

I hope he did not suffer

He died by a bullet, a warriors death, way to soon though

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#24]
When people are being put on meds or switched to different meds that are mind altering.. shouldnt there be some period of observation, containment, overwatch.. or something to that effect during the transition period of those drugs being introduced to the system and adjusting?

Reality is somewhat chemical.

If someone is prescribed such mind altering drugs is there any amount of responsibility to those who prescribe them?

I am not necessarily for making it easier to commit anyone, that is most likely too much power to be given to any authority over the lives of everyone to cover the risk of a few.

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like what? Being crazy isn't against the law.

Exactly. Who are you to deny him his freedom?

I don't see a crisis. I see an imperfect world.... known as life.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yep.  

This just makes the story sadder.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Well shit, I didn't even know Chris K. was murdered!  RIP
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The liberals are going to have to understand, and everyone else for that matter, that the only solution to this is to start warehousing the mentally ill like we did 100 years ago.

This sounds like the gun grabbers argument, only you direct it at the mentally ill instead of guns.

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It was likely more than PTSD.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm curious if Chris suspected something was wrong with this guy when he arrived at the range or did just seem normal till he snapped? I suspect it was the latter.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  

This just makes the story sadder.  

Yep been there done that. They stabilize them and off they go.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This will get turned around as a guns are bad,even a SEAL is not immune to gun violence in America.
When it should be a we should not let people who are a danger to themselves or others out in society.

People are already saying that on the article on Huffington Post.

Man isn't even buried yet, and he's already probably already rolling over. Liberals on message boards trying to use this situation to further an anti-2A agenda, when he actually fought for the rights we have.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What makes you think Kyle knew he had just gotten out of a mental institution?
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This!
......And then keep them there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a CO at a county jail. The area I serve has a population of approximately a million people. My jail is the largest mental health hospital in the area. We don't treat them, maybe try to stabilize folks. And it's not like people can just be dropped off at the front door. They obviously have to be arrested first. It's scary that these folks are on the streets.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those places are largely gone.  Prisons serve that function now.  Alaska funds servicing mental people from a trust set up before we were a state. The funds come from logging and mineral extraction on large land grants given to a trust.  Other states don't have that sort of arrangement.

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Wow.

ETA- spelling.

Surprise, Surprise. Surprise.   It wouldn't surprise me to hear Adam Lanza's meds were changed just before he went off the edge, either.  I don't have a piece of tinfoil in my home, but things are starting to smell.  Ratliff, Noveske, Kyle - all within a matter of weeks?
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#41]
You guys know that there is a pill for this line of thinking......
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wow.

ETA- spelling.

I FUCKING KNEW IT... it was new meds... the media never says a fucking word
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Also, to those who think he'll fry, I don't think so.  That's why you hear all the talk about the mental illness and PTSD.  They'll plead insanity to keep him away from the needle or chair.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#44]
America would be shocked if they knew how many psychos are "Cured" everyday simply because their insurance runs out and are let back into the population.  While it's hard to get someone committed, it is much harder to keep them there when no one want to foot the bill.  RIP Chris Kyle.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You guys know that there is a pill for this line of thinking......

It's a suppository.  Obviously, that's why you know about it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Uhh...

Some of us do, and that's all I'm saying on the matter.

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Do we even have loonie bins anymore?
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the problem, it's almost impossible to get kooks tossed into the loony bin and keep them there.

It was only about 30 - 35 years ago when they started to let the loonies roam free.  When I was a kid we didn't have a car so my mom and I road the city bus.  The route that serviced our neighborhood also serviced the St. Joseph State Hospital (AKA the "State Lunatic Asylum No. 2" and the "Missouri State Hospital for the Insane").  The bus would stop by the old admissions building, and the "trusted" loonies would board/depart.  Between the loonies and the architecture of the buildings (one of the Dr. Kirkbride buildings from the late 1800s) it was like stopping by the Addams Family & The Munster's. It really creeped me out as a kid and is one of the main reasons I rarely ride public transportation today.

Here is a postcard pic and an old photograph of the old administration building.

Just for comparison: The Addams Family house.

The Munster's house.

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#49]
I know there is the call for either the needle or the chair, but I personally would find it very hard to sentence him to death.  Do you guys have any idea of how hard it is to get a mentally ill person to start taking meds?  Think about this, how willing would you be to take antibiotics for a bacterial infection if one of the possible side effects is you going off the reservation, and getting the needle for it?
Does somebody need to be held responsible? Absolutely! I would think that civil commitment would be a much better answer than the needle.
I guess I have a different perspective because I had a family member who was severely mentally ill.  
To break it down Barney style, say for mental illness X there are 10 different  treatments.  1 of those treatments will make the symptoms much much worse. You have no idea which one it is, because it is different for each person. So you pick one, and hope for the best. What you should do it keep that person under observation for at least 4 weeks, that is how long most of these meds take to fully start working.

The observation part did not happen here. That is the crime.
The mentally ill person many times truly does not have the mental capability to distinguish right from wrong. What can happen with paranoid schizophrenics is that they TRULY believe that there life is in immanent danger.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#50]
I hope they roast the staff at the psych facility. But they will focus on the gun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top