Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I made the mistake of pronouncing it "shad-er-I-ca" with the accent on the I pronounced as a long E.
She pronounced it "sha-DER-ica."

And here I thought there was going to be an invisible dash that was not silent.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
All of this is kind of spooky.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]
We need a pic of Fook Mi and Fook Yu.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Had two sisters a year apart.  One named Shasta and the other named Fanta.

They were white.

I know a Shasta from Tennessee , but her sisters name was kasey.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IBTIKSWHaSNOaLaS...RGR post.

In Before the "I know someone who had a student named 'Orangejello' and 'Lemonjello' and 'Shithead'......really, guys, really" post.

Oh, they're already here...

I can only speak for myself...Shithead was real. Unfortunately it was 10 years ago and no I don't have a picture. I could also amaze you with twins named Jaqwaindie and Jakeayela, the woman who washed her boobs in the sink, or my personal favorite. We served some towns that were pretty far away. One was Beaver, PA. I said to the mom of the NICU kiddo "Oh you're from Beaver" and I swear to you without missing a beat OR being offended she said "No it was a C-section."

Believe me, nurses don't have to lie. The real stuff is way better.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Lulz
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One of my favorite skits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ZM0-f5_CU

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#9]
These guys are hilarious.  Maybe they're arfcommers?

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#10]
When I first went to college my freshman year, this old country boy met people from all over that came to this college. First class I ever went to had twin boys, parents weren't expecting twins and apparently pissed at the second child coming out. On top of everything else, their last name was Masengill. Yes pronounced exactly like you think, of course you can't help your last name. They named the first twin Jonathan Masengill. They named the second one Testicles Masengill. It was pronounced Testy-Klees.

Also had a girl in one class named Nos Moking Seay. Apparently, according to her, the No Smoking lettering on the swinging doors in the delivery room were broken up as so No S   moking, so her Mom named her that.

My roommate and I dated these hot blonde twin girls named Chris and Pat. They were supposed to be one BIG baby boy named Chistoper Patrick and came out two tiny girls, so their Mom and Dad gave them each one of the names they'd been planning on the last few months.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Ti-MO-thee!

"PREE-sent."

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#13]
It reminds me of a story a gf once told me. Say her name was "Cassandra" and she was in 4th grade, across the room where the teacher wanted to get her attention.

"Cassie?" and no answer. "Cassie?" and no answer. "CASSIE!" and no answer. The teacher gets up, goes across the room to her, and "CASSIE! Why didn't you answer me when I called you?"

"My name is Cassandra, not Cassie.".

Names, as it should be obvious, are the most precious thing to us. When someone calls us something else and we accept it, we have given up practically our core because after that, they own us.

Telling us that our names are not what they are, threatening us, screaming at us, it's wrong and I don't find this at all funny, especially in the current environment.

After all, would we laugh as much if some comedian did something about gun owners?
________________________________________________________________________________________________
(After Phelps, in disguise, has demonstrated that Willy is under his control because his name is what Phelps said it is. "This is pointless; all he is doing is repeating the information you tell him. If you really have control of his will, he will prove it when you tell him to take this gun and shoot himself."--East European Enemy, (w,stte), "Mission: Impossible")
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#14]
My mom once told me about a girl named 'Latrina'.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It reminds me of a story a gf once told me. Say her name was "Cassandra" and she was in 4th grade, across the room where the teacher wanted to get her attention.

"Cassie?" and no answer. "Cassie?" and no answer. "CASSIE!" and no answer. The teacher gets up, goes across the room to her, and "CASSIE! Why didn't you answer me when I called you?"

"My name is Cassandra, not Cassie.".

Names, as it should be obvious, are the most precious thing to us. When someone calls us something else and we accept it, we have given up practically our core because after that, they own us.

Telling us that our names are not what they are, threatening us, screaming at us, it's wrong and I don't find this at all funny, especially in the current environment.

After all, would we laugh as much if some comedian did something about gun owners?
________________________________________________________________________________________________
(After Phelps, in disguise, has demonstrated that Willy is under his control because his name is what Phelps said it is. "This is pointless; all he is doing is repeating the information you tell him. If you really have control of his will, he will prove it when you tell him to take this gun and shoot himself."--East European Enemy, (w,stte), "Mission: Impossible")

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
<a href="http://redlettermedia.com/category/plinkett-reviews/" target="_blank">http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/MJCeNSQU-K4/mqdefault.jpg</a>

I don't get that joke, either!
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I used to work in the NICU. We got lots of interesting names. My personal favorite was "Shithead" pronounced Sha-theed. I swear I looked at this and thought; someday this kid is going to be in third grade and there is going to be a substitute teacher...

Shitheadra Jones makes a phone call

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Can anything top Scientific Mapp and his brother Majestic Mapp?
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://redlettermedia.com/category/plinkett-reviews/" target="_blank">http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/MJCeNSQU-K4/mqdefault.jpg</a>

Sorry, it's just a RustedAce comment made a few months back and it's stuck in my head.  Now when I see your posts I read them in the voice of Mr Harry S. Plinkett.    Sorry but I can't help it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#20]
My wifes sisters cousin once removed, taught a kid named Female'....I shit you not.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, it's just a RustedAce comment made a few months back and it's stuck in my head.  Now when I see your posts I read them in the voice of Mr Harry S. Plinkett.    Sorry but I can't help it.

Whoever they are.

Quoted:
My wifes sisters cousin once removed, taught a kid named Female'....I shit you not.

Fee-Maul--lay, like Tamale.

It's in the movie "Cat People" with Natashia Kinski.
__________________________________________________________________________________
("Not being British, I often find your humor hard to follow."--Drax, (w,stte), "Moonraker")
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top