Site Notices
8/29/2014 9:08:28 PM
Author
Posted: 1/29/2013 11:56:28 AM
This photo was taken 1/28/13 at the Hartford Connecticut Public Hearing on new proposed gun legislation where thousands of CT residents turned out with over 1300 registering to give testimony. Those in attendance were overwhelmingly 2nd Amendment supporters. Seen in the photo is State Senator, Assistant Majority Leader, and gun ban proposal coauthor, Beth Bye. While the other legislative officials in attendance all listened intently to testimony given from both sides of the fence, Bye spent hours playing on Facebook, posting and chatting with friends, and blatantly ignoring all testimonials which opposed her stance.

Tell her what you think at Bye@senatedems.ct.gov

‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

- James Earl Jones, Actor -
South_Side_Shooter
Cen. Texas Info Fiend
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 12:05:29 PM
An anti not listening to the opposition?

Shocked, I tell you....

While there are certainly some very intelligent people on Arfcom, I have often found that the collective "hivemind" needs to wear slip-on shoes. - Mech2007
humanitarian2112
предупр&
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 12:26:40 PM
This is what is known as the art of compromise. I think the ARFcom appeasers call it playing chess.

Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 12:47:32 PM
Sent that dirtbag an email. This is behavior you might expect out of a young teenager during class, not an elected representative during very critical testimonies. This needs to be plastered through he news... oh wait, their agenda is the same as hers- promote mindless gun control while ignoring pro-gun logic. Nevermind.
Leethar
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 12:50:19 PM
If you ever needed any more proof that "There needs to be a conversation" means "We want to lecture you"....
Frank_The_Tank
Disjointed Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 12:53:52 PM
I'll send that nasty looking rug muncher something later.
The house that guns built. - James Y
Nutro
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 12:58:41 PM
Sent her an email saying she is scum and should lose her job. Doubt she cares.
"Endeavor to Persevere."
brian4wd
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 2:59:20 PM
Depends on what page she was checking - her personal family page vs her "official" page where folks might actually post work related comments. Possibly even ones pertaining to the hearing.

Brian

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
I don't concern myself with the income of fortune 500 CEOs because I'm not in any way qualified to do their job.

Toadyrock
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:05:44 PM
No she was checking Facebook ct capital report and twitter. She tweeted a local local liberal about drinking games using the word "law abiding" by pro 2nd amendment people.

Disgrace!
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Jefferson

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Goethe
subcomunic8r
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:07:20 PM
Sent a Letter to the Editor of the Hartford Courant. We'll see what happens. Not much would be my guess.
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Zhukov
Does not play well with others
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:09:00 PM
Why are you guys outraged by all of this? Did you really think she was there to listen to opinions that differ from hers? Do you really think she is going to have an epiphany after she reads your fiery rhetoric and changes her mind?

She's part of the ruling class, we're just plebes...
Daddy loves you. Now go away.
subcomunic8r
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:13:54 PM
[Last Edit: 1/29/2013 4:15:39 PM by subcomunic8r]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Why are you guys outraged by all of this? Did you really think she was there to listen to opinions that differ from hers? Do you really think she is going to have an epiphany after she reads your fiery rhetoric and changes her mind?

She's part of the ruling class, we're just plebes...

I'm just fed up with the faux "concern". I'd rather she just stayed home. She wasn't part of the committee, wasn't required to be there.
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
BBURN
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:20:03 PM
wtturn
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:23:09 PM
Disgusting and vile
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Zhukov
Does not play well with others
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:25:02 PM

Originally Posted By wtturn:
Disgusting and vile

ZOMG - WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING! MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!

Daddy loves you. Now go away.
strat81
Misanthropic Realist
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:25:30 PM
Originally Posted By Hornetdriver:
This photo was taken 1/28/13 at the Hartford Connecticut Public Hearing on new proposed gun legislation where thousands of CT residents turned out with over 1300 registering to give testimony. Those in attendance were overwhelmingly 2nd Amendment supporters. Seen in the photo is State Senator, Assistant Majority Leader, and gun ban proposal coauthor, Beth Bye. While the other legislative officials in attendance all listened intently to testimony given from both sides of the fence, Bye spent hours playing on Facebook, posting and chatting with friends, and blatantly ignoring all testimonials which opposed her stance.

She should be fired for not doing her job.
"I believe in Karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it." - Dogbert

Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association today! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/
Burnsy87
AAARRRGGHH
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:26:37 PM
Originally Posted By strat81:

Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. http://www.nebraskafirearms.org

Archer: Cry "Havok!" And let slip the hogs of war!
Lana: DOGS of war.......
Archer: WHATEVER FARM ANIMAL OF WAR, LANA!
VA-gunnut
Because I said so, that's why!
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:38:07 PM

Originally Posted By South_Side_Shooter:
An anti not listening to the opposition?

Shocked, I tell you....

"Site Staff remembers when you could buy a keg of musket balls for $1.75"

I'm never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken.
brian4wd
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:38:31 PM
Originally Posted By strat81:

There would be nobody left in the CA state legislature or at the Federal level...................

Brian

I don't concern myself with the income of fortune 500 CEOs because I'm not in any way qualified to do their job.

Twisted10
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:40:07 PM
its a man baby!
pcsutton
Member ....but not a 3rd member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:41:47 PM

Originally Posted By brian4wd:

There would be nobody left in the CA state legislature or at the Federal level...................

Brian

And that would be a bad thing...how again?
"I am compensating. If I could kill stuff with my dick from 200 yards I would not need a firearm would I?"-Zanther
"I swear, there is a limited amount of intelligence in the world and the population is increasing." - 96Ag
Sua Sponte!
DDiggler
Knee Deep In The Hoopla
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:43:20 PM
Somebody's gotta harvest her Farmville crops!
Where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master. -Ayn Rand
MurrayRothbard
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/30/2013 1:22:42 AM
[Last Edit: 1/30/2013 1:24:28 AM by MurrayRothbard]
I want the online community to destroy this woman.

I don't care how. Social media and donations and letters and whatever else it takes. She epitomizes modern government evil in its purest form.

Surfing the internet while ignoring the citizenry explain the most blatant and overt constitutional infringements. Good fucking grief.
DanTSX
Blueblooded Yankee Carpetbagger :I
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/30/2013 1:27:54 AM
Originally Posted By MurrayRothbard:
I want the online community to destroy this woman.

I don't care how. Social media and donations and letters and whatever else it takes. She epitomizes modern government evil in its purest form.

Surfing the internet while ignoring the citizenry explain the most blatant and overt constitutional infringements. Good fucking grief.

Oh it's hitting the news.....

http://www.ctcapitolreport.com/

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/Lawmakers-Facebook-Posts-Draws-Ire/188902681
Max Hardcore is not a crime!
Hornetdriver
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/30/2013 12:53:57 PM
Keep the pressure on please. We're about to get run over up here behind enemy lines in Ct....
‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

- James Earl Jones, Actor -
HeliBoy
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/30/2013 1:08:31 PM
Every last one of these damn people needs to be removed from their duties as an employee of the people (by force if neccesary).
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"
Thomas Jefferson
bcw107
RIP SSG Juan M Solorio
InstructorMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/30/2013 1:09:50 PM
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Originally Posted By wtturn:
Disgusting and vile

ZOMG - WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING! MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!

http://www.senatedems.state.ct.us/im/im-sn/bye-head.jpg

Mrs Doubtfire is a senator?
I'm fluent in three languages: English, sarcasm and profanity.
DanTSX
Blueblooded Yankee Carpetbagger :I
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/30/2013 1:26:17 PM
Boil the tar
Max Hardcore is not a crime!
brian4wd
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/30/2013 10:05:59 PM
Originally Posted By pcsutton:

Originally Posted By brian4wd:

Brian

And that would be a bad thing...how again?

It wouldn't be a bad thing - it would be a fucking great thing.

Brian