Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 63
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Neat video of cutaway Sauber.  Link.

Easy to see why F1 Drivers end up with back problems.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Just rumors but:

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's the way it should be, IMO. I have always liked works teams better. It just seems to me that a team's WHOLE F1 car should be built by the team.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AWWW SHIT this is not good.

http://grandprix247.com/2013/10/18/works-teams-to-have-v6-engine-advantage-says-brawn/

WHY FIA? WHY, You motherfuckers are so afraid of innovation that you hamstring the shit out of non-works teams.  I seriously hope this doesn't include the ERS systems the teams are working on too.

That's the way it should be, IMO. I have always liked works teams better. It just seems to me that a team's WHOLE F1 car should be built by the team.

Of course..

But it's so much easier to be a British/French/Austrian "assembler"
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
looks like NJ is getting Valencia's barricades
View Quote

I thought 2014 was Valencia's turn to host the Spanish GP.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As far as the turbo cooling, you will end up with intercoolers wedged in the sidepods and they will be watercooled also. I would hate to be the poor bastard that has to design the air box for these cars though, not a lot of space there for intercooler piping.  Cooling of the new ERS systems systems will probably be of the liquid variety, but I don't know if they would tap off the car's cooling system or have their own separate system.  

As far as development, Barely anything you use in F1 would ever apply to a production car, the level of performance and more so longevity required is just too different except in regards to some $200K plus supercars.  I'm still trying to figure out who came up with this idea, but I'm betting Jean Todt (FIA Pres.) had a hand in it, along with some Renault engineers as they were so successful with the original turbos.  It's all speculation though as I've not been able to get ANY info from the guys I know that work at f1 teams.

It's not all bad though, if they sound like the video below, I'm game, and the sport does need a little shaking up.  I wouldn't worry too much about how they sound though, you lose that top end scream, but you get turbo noises, and we all know that turbo noises make EVERYTHING better.
http://youtu.be/n-npEh41xiU

View Quote

I would hate to be the engineer fighting with the aerodynamicist.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Thats actually not a bad looking car.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't the Porsche F1 rumors start about this time every year?  

It would be awesome if they came back though.  I'd love to see more "works" teams.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#8]

oooohh..

please, please
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Don't the Porsche F1 rumors start about this time every year?  

It would be awesome if they came back though.  I'd love to see more "works" teams.
View Quote
They will be back next year. Just not in F1.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh...Fernando...

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
There may not be a race this weekend.

"India’s Supreme Court will deliberate tomorrow whether Sunday’s grand prix at the Buddh International Circuit should go ahead."

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/10/24/indian-court-to-rule-on-whether-race-should-be-cancelled/
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"India’s Supreme Court will deliberate tomorrow whether Sunday’s grand prix at the Buddh International Circuit should go ahead."

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/10/24/indian-court-to-rule-on-whether-race-should-be-cancelled/
View Quote

Cripes... the institution of government is SO wonderful...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what a joke

if they do not race Vettel can still party and he won the Championship.

I hope they will not be so foolish and stop this race.
They will not be back anyhow but to leave this way is just stupid.

In my opinion I never understood why they went there with all the hassle to get the equipment in and out of the country, the tax situation and so on.

Again I hope they come to there senses all this money that is already spend on this event

more info here

looks like this is common in India

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:28:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Vettel and Webber ahead of everyone in p1 and p2. Again...

Most boring season ever..

And it's not like teams are trying to improve anymore.. Everybody is working for 2014 only.  Those new no testing rules really are amazing
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:40:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And it's not like teams are trying to improve anymore.. Everybody is working for 2014 only.  Those new no testing rules really are amazing
View Quote

Darn... forgot to DVR the practice sessions.

Anyways... though you and I see this year from opposing viewpoints... I couldn't agree more. What's the freakin point of racing if everyone's focused on next year? Obviously, the drivers are going to try to drive their best in every race. But it's like these big rules changes just make the teams say "you and your pit crew are on your own for the rest of the year". I'd rather see smaller, more incremental changes from year to year that don't press the teams to completely redesign everything in such a hurry.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd rather see smaller, more incremental changes from year to year that don't press the teams to completely redesign everything in such a hurry.
View Quote

Having transitional seasons where both Tech Regimes overlap would serve that purpose well.  Be more interesting too.

My prediction for next year is that one team will come out of the gate with an advantage and walk it, Mercedes being the most likely candidate.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Anyways... though you and I see this year from opposing viewpoints... I couldn't agree more. What's the freakin point of racing if everyone's focused on next year? Obviously, the drivers are going to try to drive their best in every race. But it's like these big rules changes just make the teams say "you and your pit crew are on your own for the rest of the year". I'd rather see smaller, more incremental changes from year to year that don't press the teams to completely redesign everything in such a hurry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's right.

Thing is that, since testing is very limited, and that the championship is all but mathematically over, every team use this year testing and racing time toward 2014.

If testing was allowed like it use to be, works teams (with $$$) could be testing more toward this year and make the car evolve much faster, and we would see strong differences (good or bad) in between races.. A team could totally reverse the situation, like it use to happen. Not anymore.

Now, everybody use every km on track they have toward 2014, since improving this year car has been useless for at least 2-3 races already.   In fact, Ferrari stopped development on the current car after Monza.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:55:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Having transitional seasons where both Tech Regimes overlap would serve that purpose well.  Be more interesting too.

My prediction for next year is that one team will come out of the gate with an advantage and walk it, Mercedes being the most likely candidate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather see smaller, more incremental changes from year to year that don't press the teams to completely redesign everything in such a hurry.

Just like it happened with Brawn Gp
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:56:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Though I'm an RBR/Seb fan... it wouldn't bother me for things to get mixed-up a bit next year. Same ole, same ole gets boring after a while. Actually... it pains me to say it -- because some of the Ferarri fanatics can be so obnoxious -- but I'd like to see Kimi do very well next year. Just love his couldn't-care-less manner about everything. Obviously, he cares about winning. But I love the way that it deflates and frustrates the press that they can't get what they want out of him.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:01:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's right.

Thing is that, since testing is very limited, and that the championship is all but mathematically over, every team use this year testing and racing time toward 2014.

If testing was allowed like it use to be, works teams (with $$$) could be testing more toward this year and make the car evolve much faster, and we would see strong differences (good or bad) in between races.. A team could totally reverse the situation, like it use to happen. Not anymore.

Now, everybody use every km on track they have toward 2014, since improving this year car has been useless for at least 2-3 races already.   In fact, Ferrari stopped development on the current car after Monza.
View Quote

I'm all for no-holds-barred, no-expense-spared, NO-limits, all-out racing and R&D. The tracks are safer than ever before. So I think it would be awesome to see what the teams could do if no limits were placed on them. But of course... many of the teams would cease to exist because they just couldn't afford that. Maybe run an Unlimited class and a Limited class? I suppose that nobody would watch the limited class and it would dry-up financially.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm all for no-holds-barred, no-expense-spared, NO-limits, all-out racing and R&D. The tracks are safer than ever before. So I think it would be awesome to see what the teams could do if no limits were placed on them. But of course... many of the teams would cease to exist because they just couldn't afford that. Maybe run an Unlimited class and a Limited class? I suppose that nobody would watch the limited class and it would dry-up financially.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's right.

All the teams that matters would still be there.. Red bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes... And the others wouldn't disappear either.. I think people have no idea of what kind of money is being spent on simulators, wind galleries, and race simulations,

Plus. Look at MotoGP.. They have two different classes racing together. It isn't all that bad
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

All the teams that matters would still be there.. Red bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes... And the others wouldn't disappear either.. I think people have no idea of what kind of money is being spent on simulators, wind galleries, and race simulations,

Plus. Look at MotoGP.. They have two different classes racing together. It isn't all that bad
View Quote

I love MotoGP, but they still have limits in terms of tires, engine displacement, etc. I'm talking NO restrictions in racing. I can't imagine the innovation that would happen if the teams didn't have to design anything to certain specs that limited performance.

And haven't we been hearing that a few of the major works teams have been close to financially not being able to continue their racing programs due to the high cost and struggles with getting sponsors since their win records have been so low? (Obviously, Red Bull and Ferrari aren't in this situation.)
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#24]
With the financial crisis. Yes... But i wonder how true it was.. I guess it had more to do with BMW and Toyota not being able to score good enough results more than anything..

It you are a works team in F1 and you are constantly beaten by other brands, the image gain is more of a loss than anything. No shit.

I'm not against regulation or for unregulated developments, but we reached a ridiculous point with the no testing rule.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Watching FP2....holy cow it's smoggy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, the left fronts aren't holding up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#27]
well it just went down as expected

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:18:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Only point to notice is that webber, and Alonso (don't know about raikonnen and number 7) have medium tires while all the others have softs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:28:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Only point to notice is that webber, and Alonso (don't know about raikonnen and number 7) have medium tires while all the others have softs.
View Quote

hopefully that means that Webber will get his win

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:36:15 AM EDT
[#30]
No excuses this time. Vettel only needs to be 5th to be crowned
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:24:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

In before the "Vettel does not deserve it" rants

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
Who thinks Vettel will pull over and let Webber through if their running one-two at the of the race?
Certainly not my wife! I said that during qualifying and she laughed at me.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
what a joke

In my opinion I never understood why they went there with all the hassle to get the equipment in and out of the country, the tax situation and so on.

Again I hope they come to there senses all this money that is already spend on this event
more info here

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what a joke

more info here

There is an Indian Grand Prix because Vijay Mallya paid Bernie for it.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Who thinks Vettel will pull over and let Webber through if their running one-two at the of the race?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like they are going to switch roles.

Vettel as the soft tire rabbit with Webber on cruise control.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm sure webber don't want and don't give a fuck for vettel pulling aside to let him win.

I'm sure he would have prefered his team not fuckin him when he was leading and going to win
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Wonder how long Vettel's softs will last?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Pirelli just made this end-season snoozefest a little interesting...

http://grandprix247.com/2013/10/26/pirelli-there-has-to-be-more-testing-or-we-cant-do-the-tyres-for-2014/
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wonder how long Vettel's softs will last?
View Quote

If he manages them well some here will say he got a special compound Webber was not allowed to have.

If Webber is on Vettel's ass i would think Vettel would let him through just to make sure there is no contact and he gets more than fifth place but if he lets him pass and take the win and years later ends up one short of Schumacher's total that would be looked back on as stupid.

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#39]
If he manages them well some here will say he got a special compound Webber was not allowed to have.
View Quote

you know, making caricatures out of people writings, doesnt make you any smarter
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:34:25 AM EDT
[#40]
what a start

looks like Alonso has front end damage
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#41]
wow Massa made a nice jump to second

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#42]
boy that was 3 laps on those tires

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:39:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Thank you webber,,  thank fucking you,,,

Alonso has lost it.. The only thing he needed to do with his tires was o avoid contacts...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:56:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thank you webber,,  thank fucking you,,,

Alonso has lost it.. The only thing he needed to do with his tires was o avoid contacts...
View Quote

yes his race is done for sure

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:07:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Red bulls are so superior it's embarassing to watch
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tough you where so upset and left when I saw you where offline.

Alonso has made some great moves

Kimi is really struggling as well

I hope this is the day that Webber will get his win - personally speaking this would be the right thing to do but what do I know -

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Why the fuck didn't they stop massa before Rosberg, or at least one lap after ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I hope this is the day that Webber will get his win - personally speaking this would be the right thing to do but what do I know -

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not upset at all.. Just pissed to wake up to watch an accident in the first lap ;)

But I've been watching f1 for more than 20years.. Even when Ferrari was not a top team at all.. I ain't stopping now
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:24:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not upset at all.. Just pissed to wake up to watch an accident in the first lap ;)

But I've been watching f1 for more than 20years.. Even when Ferrari was not a top team at all.. I ain't stopping now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alonso just took fastest lap

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:25:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Vettef is faster with mediums than Alonso with softs,.. HAHAHAH
Page / 63
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top