Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 63
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
shit 12.5 sec is the gap to Webber

I guess this means Webber will not take his win after all. Vettel is GTG to the end

that is a shame
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the feeling Vettel will stop one more time
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Alonso and Ferraris strategies are plain
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:34:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Webbers out.. LoL what a coincidence
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Webbers out.. LoL what a coincidence
View Quote

that is just a f... up mess

what a shame

I guess he has to dial down now otherwise he will also break down

that can get interesting

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:36:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess he has to dial down now otherwise he will also break down
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#7]
It's fucking insane that Ferrari didn't stop massa before Rosberg.. That would have kept both Mercedes behind him until the end..

Someone really sucks at Ferrari for strategies
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:00:47 AM EDT
[#8]
3 laps to go

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
It's 2-3 GP that we know that Vettel is world champion. It's not like there is some kind of suspense lol

Congratulations to him

Hats off
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:03:55 AM EDT
[#10]
f... final lap

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:05:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's 2-3 GP that we know that Vettel is world champion. It's not like there is some kind of suspense lol
View Quote

could can still break down but not likely

so the next three races he can just stay home and party but knowing him he will just keep on winning but perhaps Webber will have better luck in the next few races

WOW he did it

NICE

4th time for him that is just unbelievable

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:06:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Rosberg 2nd and impressive for Grojean to be 3rd starting from what 17th - not bad what a turn around for him

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:09:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

so the next three races he can just stay home and party but knowing him he will just keep on winning but perhaps Webber will have better luck in the next few races

WOW he did it

NICE

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW he did it

NICE

Even if he could/can/ break etc in every remaining GP, it would have still required Alonso to win 4 times in a row to catch him.. Which wasnt going to happen with Mercedes and lotus performance in this season finale.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:23:51 AM EDT
[#14]
apparently Newey has now 9 Championships under his name - that is really crazy

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:29:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Most impressive.

I think vettel can not thank him enough

Red bulls superiority today, was like in Singapore, embarassing
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:33:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep. Most impressive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Most impressive.

I would love to meet him and just talk to him it must be quite an experience to be able to do that.

I wonder what will happen now that essentially two of his top guys are leaving - one after this season and the other after next season.

both are heading to McLaren.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Rosberg 2nd and impressive for Grojean to be 3rd starting from what 17th - not bad what a turn around for him

View Quote

I think Grosjean is going to surprise a lot of people next year.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Interesting that Vettel was being told to save the battery but could still make a cool down lap and burn some doughnuts. Yet they made Webber pull over immediately, to gain what? Not like they'll gain anything with next years engine by figuring out what's wrong with an alternator they won't be using next year.

Vettel got his Fourth Championship, he was clearly fastest in this race. Too bad his victory is colored by more questions about the team's treatment of Webber.

Grosjean is really coming on as a driver. There is clearly a coming changing of the guard. Too bad the team got Kimi's tires wrong again.

Alonso got screwed once more by another racing incident. Ferrari needs to get their head out of their ass. They have consistently played out poor strategies. Nice to see Massa going out with a bang though.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#19]
The smog in India must be epic.  Some of the pics it looks like it's raining.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#21]
However, when asked by the Spanish sports daily AS if he would have won four titles at the wheel of Vettel's Red Bull, Briton Hamilton answered: "I can't really say.

"It would be foolish of me to say that. But what is clear to me is that if Fernando (Alonso) had been in that car ... he would be far beyond where Vettel is now. He would have won even more easily," added Hamilton.
View Quote

Hamilton must just be a Ferrari fan boy.

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/hamilton-alonso-would-do-better-in-vettels-car

Congrats to Red Bull on their 4th straight championship.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Hrmm, Webber drops out Vettel wins, what a shocker.  Red Bull needs to find a new script in fixing their races, this one is getting old.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yep. Most impressive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Most impressive.

There's something embarrassing here, but it's not Red Bull.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

However, when asked by the Spanish sports daily AS if he would have won four titles at the wheel of Vettel's Red Bull, Briton Hamilton answered: "I can't really say.

"It would be foolish of me to say that. But what is clear to me is that if Fernando (Alonso) had been in that car ... he would be far beyond where Vettel is now. He would have won even more easily," added Hamilton.

Oh seriously, fuck Hamilton, fucking whiny bitch prick.  He's just sad he doesn't get a big ole load of Ron Dennis in the ass anymore.

At least Vettel actually raced for two mid-field teams before getting to the top, instead of having it handed to him.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh seriously, fuck Hamilton, fucking whiny bitch prick.  He's just sad he doesn't get a big ole load of Ron Dennis in the ass anymore.

At least Vettel actually raced for two mid-field teams before getting to the top, instead of having it handed to him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is he whining about? He was complimenting another driver (who he historically doesn't get along with).

And Hamilton won his GP2 championship before going to F1, he wasn't handed anything.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I see no reason to doubt that Vettel will win the balance of the races this season.  Let's hope next year is more competitive at the top...

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I like the "IVETTEL" shirts.

Guess some kids in the 3rd world aren't getting free shirts.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Bernie goes to court tomorrow, on one of the charges against him.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/29/f1-bernie-ecclestone-damages-claim

Be interesting if Bernie is still CEO of FOM after the dust settles.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hrmm, Webber drops out Vettel wins, what a shocker.  Red Bull needs to find a new script in fixing their races, this one is getting old.

View Quote

LOL... some of this whiny shit reminds me of FSA dogma. Why don't the other teams STEP-UP and make some shit happen???

"They're winning all the time and it's just NOT FAIR!!! Someone needs to find-out what's going-on and put a stop to it!"  

For the record... I've got NO problem with the other teams stepping-up and winning. Because that's racing! I still root for Valentino Rossi in every MotoGP race. But Honda and the likes of Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa are just too damn good. It is what it is. Doesn't make me bitter.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:09:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The smog in India must be epic.  Some of the pics it looks like it's raining.  
View Quote

It was ridiculous! Reminded me of the Chinese Olympics several years ago.

But hey... the REALLY important thing is that the U.S. (with a fraction of the population of those countries) puts several thousand more electric cars on the road every year. That's gonna offset the STOOPID amounts of pollution generated by 3rd world behemoths.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Blah blah blah Vettel only wins because of the care blah blah blah.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/image/863772/1382875179000/large16x9/768/432/sebastian-vettel-india-gp.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Most impressive.

Blah blah blah Vettel only wins because of the care blah blah blah.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/image/863772/1382875179000/large16x9/768/432/sebastian-vettel-india-gp.jpg

You must be blind to not see how the red bull is superior to other cars in the paddock since spa.. It doesn't say Vettel is not good. But he also has by far, the best car on track. Like webber, most of the times,

Btw, I congratulated Vettel for his 4th title earlier in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Most impressive.

I didn't say red bull was embarrassing. I said their superiority was embarrassing, probably to other teams..

The currents rules were put in place to avoid one team's embarrassing superiority, and the only thing they have done is making sure such superiority is even harder to contrast mid season..

And if you don't see how the red bull is that much superior to other cars for at least 6 races, well... Webber and Vettel Sunday were racing only themselves.

The only thing I'm pissed about this season was the change in tires.. Before that. Teams that were emerging as best were Ferrari and Lotus.. The change in tires totally screwed their car project and development. And it happened because Red Bull and Mercedes whined about it from season begin up to Barcelona, after what Pirelli (under FIA approval) changed the basic compound.. And later they even changed the structure.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL... some of this whiny shit reminds me of FSA dogma. Why don't the other teams STEP-UP and make some shit happen???

"They're winning all the time and it's just NOT FAIR!!! Someone needs to find-out what's going-on and put a stop to it!"  

For the record... I've got NO problem with the other teams stepping-up and winning. Because that's racing! I still root for Valentino Rossi in every MotoGP race. But Honda and the likes of Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa are just too damn good. It is what it is. Doesn't make me bitter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rules make it so that if you don't have a genius who guess the car at season's start, it's really hard to improve and reverse "values" ...

This year, the only reason teams like Mercedes and Sauber were able to greatly improve, was the drastic change in tires mid season. Red Bull also beneficiated from this this, even though they had less problems than others, before.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Btw.. That's exactly what happened when Ferrari and Schumacher were dominating four years in a row.. They changed almost every known rules in F1 (single tires for the race. No refuel, no more private testing, limited engines, limited gear boxes etc) to stop them.... And it worked. They claim it was for financial reasons but it's bs... Budgets are even higher now with the need of wind galleries and complex simulators.

ANYWAY, congrats to Vettel and RedBull for this 4th title ! Both deserve it.

Looking forward to next season, hoping that teams like. Ferrari, McLaren or even Lotus will be able to guess a good car project from seasons start, and that the FIA won't mess with any parameter mid season
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Was Kimi's setting of the fastest lap at the end a kind of "fuck you" or a "I might as well win something?"
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Was Kimi's setting of the fastest lap at the end a kind of "fuck you" or a "I might as well win something?"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1374126_529296877147404_1182910292_n.jpg

Oh damn. He mad.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That., and his tires were completely toast anyway
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He only lost one spot by coming in, I think.  And he might have lost it anyway.  I'm not sure about that, but that was my take.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean as far as going back to softs instead of mediums so he could eek out that last lap.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Btw.. That's exactly what happened when Ferrari and Schumacher were dominating four years in a row.. They changed almost every known rules in F1 (single tires for the race. No refuel, no more private testing, limited engines, limited gear boxes etc) to stop them.... And it worked. They claim it was for financial reasons but it's bs... Budgets are even higher now with the need of wind galleries and complex simulators.

Looking forward to next season, hoping that teams like. Ferrari, McLaren or even Lotus will be able to guess a good car project from seasons start, and that the FIA won't mess with any parameter mid season
View All Quotes
Quoted:

At the end of the day... I'm cool with the best driver and team winning. I certainly have my favorites... but accept that the winners are the winners in any and all sports that I follow. I've HATED the New England Patriots for many years with a white hot passion... but had to accept that they were the best team in the NFL in the years that they dominated (some of their scandals and "cheating" notwithstanding).

I'll admit that some of the stuff that's happened to Weber this year has been completely and it's bothered me. But despite the fact that Vettel is their obvious favored "child" (a fact that I have no problem with since he's been the real contender) I do like Weber and think that certainly in some ways he got a "raw deal" (said favortism, luck, etc).
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#42]
So rumor is rampant the Ross Brawn is leaving Mercedes at the end of the year. Should be interesting on what kind of impact this has on the team come next year.

Brawn set to leave Mercedes at end of season

Ross Brawn will leave Mercedes at the end of this season, according to the BBC's Eddie Jordan.

There has been much speculation over Brawn's future this year after
Mercedes' new executive director Toto Wolff brought in McLaren technical
director Paddy Lowe with a view to him becoming team principal in
future.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1374126_529296877147404_1182910292_n.jpg

He took fast lap from Vettel, makes me happy
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So rumor is rampant the Ross Brawn is leaving Mercedes at the end of the year. Should be interesting on what kind of impact this has on the team come next year.

Ross Brawn will leave Mercedes at the end of this season, according to the BBC's Eddie Jordan.

There has been much speculation over Brawn's future this year after Mercedes' new executive director Toto Wolff brought in McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe with a view to him becoming team principal in future.

View Quote

Last rumor I heard had him going to McLaren at some point due to his Honda connections.

ETA: Looks like they are talking about him heading to Honda now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Last rumor I heard had him going to McLaren at some point due to his Honda connections.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There has been much speculation over Brawn's future this year after Mercedes' new executive director Toto Wolff brought in McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe with a view to him becoming team principal in future.

that is what is going through the German press. I like him and I am sure he will be a great asset to McLaren.
I wish him all the best.He has what it takes to make them great again. McLaren is really going after some great talent.
Maybe Schumi will be back after all. (just kidding one can dream )
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:02:38 AM EDT
[#46]
McLaren/Honda headed up by Brawn with an Alonso/Button pairing would be strong.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would have like to have seen them dump Perez and take on Hulkenburg.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

actually makes sense since I can not see him and Kimi getting along much

Alonso will stay one year and when Honda arrives boom he will move to McLaren. He has been there before and that is a plus on his side. And since Nancey is gone this should be a good thing for him.

I am not a big fan of these two drivers but I sure like Brawn and if he goes I will pay more attention to McLaren that is for sure.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:37:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you - they should have done that from day one now Hulkenberg is going potentially to Lotus and if he shines there he will stay would be my guess for a while. They just have to get the money side sorted out.

Hulkenberg and Grojean would make a good young team.

I still can not believe how Grojean has turned around from master of disaster to all these podium finishes.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, Hulkenburg has been showing some good talent for quite a while. He really needs a spot on a top team.

Quoted:
actually makes sense since I can not see him and Kimi getting along much

Alonso will stay one year and when Honda arrives boom he will move to McLaren. He has been there before and that is a plus on his side. And since Nancey is gone this should be a good thing for him.

I am not a big fan of these two drivers but I sure like Brawn and if he goes I will pay more attention to McLaren that is for sure.

I think Alonso enjoys wearing Ferrari's colors, if Ferrari can give him a decent car I think it would be hard for him to leave. Him and Kimi might work out better than people think.
Page / 63
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top