Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:33:33 AM EDT
Since more and more Americans just are not readers, we have to reach them where they live, on their screens.

I created these to give quick history lessons. It seems so "impossible" that our own beloved government could turn against the people, and these "visual learners" will never read so  much as an essay on the subject of gun control, and where it leads. (I did't create the Shindler's list meme, just added to it.)

Feel free to share these anywhere, anytime.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Some more.

img]

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Just made this today.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Those are excellent.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
TL;DR
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:38:24 AM EDT
[#6]
nice op good job
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#7]
You didn't build that...
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, our government has never abused its citizens, just ask the Japanese (Internment camps), blacks and Jim Crow laws, the Irish, the Chinese, the Mormons (had an extermination order issued by the governor of Missouri, cities burned to the ground and the US govt refused to help).  Yep, the government here has always treated its citizens well and fairly, no tyranny ever, that couldn't happen in the US!

People become clingers to their guns for a reason.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those are excellent.

the message is excellent, but the realization lacks quality.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Please, don't grumble, produce some better ones.

I learned MS "Paint" from sqaure one do build these, as badly "realized" as they are, in your opinion.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yup, our government has never abused its citizens, just ask the Japanese (Internment camps), blacks and Jim Crow laws, the Irish, the Chinese, the Mormons (had an extermination order issued by the governor of Missouri, cities burned to the ground and the US govt refused to help).  Yep, the government here has always treated its citizens well and fairly, no tyranny ever, that couldn't happen in the US!

People become clingers to their guns for a reason.

Exactly correct. That's why we need to throw genocide right in the faces of the grabbers, and make THEM prove that it's really "different this time."
How can they guarantee that our govt will NEVER in the future turn tyrannical? They can't. So why should we believe them, when they claim gun registration can't lead to genocide in America, in the future?

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Please, don't grumble, produce some better ones.

Sent you an IM.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#14]
And the leg-humping Kool-Aid drinkers refuse to see SEIU & OFA as the threat/boots on the ground.

It's because I'm permanently disabled that I'll never "compromise" or "be reasonable."
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 3:53:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I didn't create this one, but it's too good not to include on this thread.

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#16]
They're great!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#17]
so many reasons why I will never surrender to anyone.  

You can kill me, but I won't ever surrender.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Tagscribe
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd love to see a meme with the Japanese camp or maybe other incidents with a headline "Think it can't happen here?"
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 5:38:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd love to see a meme with the Japanese camp or maybe other incidents with a headline "Think it can't happen here?"

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
so many reasons why I will never surrender to anyone.  

You can kill me, but I won't ever surrender.

I really wish people would change their point of view a little.  I'm not afraid to die for a good reason, but here is my attitude.

If they come for them, the cold, dead hands will be theirs.  

Make the other poor bastard die for his ideals.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 5:47:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice work.  Just a question, what's the story behind the AK47 "criminal" pic?  I faintly recall hearing it was called for, but could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Great thread, too bad it will be lost on liberals.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Depending on the website's bias, the girl being killed is either a drug dealer, or a dissident. In any event, this is the same way the Chinese execute everybody, then perform immediate post mortems in ambulances to remove and sell the organs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580612_539536599399118_1896064701_n.jpg
One thing that keeps coming to mind lately, every time I see a picture of interred Japanese during WWII: What would have happened to them if they had said,

"No way I'm letting a tyrannical government confiscate my property and put me in a camp. I'm going to take up arms and resist!"

Just thinking out loud.

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Matt bracken
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Out on Facebook.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Those are excellent!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Gets the point across
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think it's also worth pointing out that the two biggest terrorist attacks in the U.S. that were huge mass killings - were not accomplished with a legally purchased AR or AK-type rifle, but with a rental truck and ANFO in one case, and with box cutters in the other case.

Just another illustration of how government trying to ban/control "assault rifles" has absolutely nothing to do with "saving lives"

STUPID people count     >      SMART people count.  

STUPID vote value     =      SMART VOTE value.

The government isn't doing this--all this governmental stupidity--it's the lack of meaningful voter qualification doing it.  

In the free-for-all politics we have, 'leadership' answers to popularity; political requirements therefore flow from the bottom to the government, not from the government--leaders in government that is--to the bottom.  

Almost everyone's model for political "flow" is bass ackwards from reality.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#34]
How can I share some of those on Face Book?  Not being tech savy, I'm willing to ask for help.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Those all look like they are from 1997.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Yup, I have no interest in the OP's efforts or his good intentions.  Style over substance dude.

Quoted:
Those all look like they are from 1997.

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Tag thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#40]
I didnt think Holmes killed 24. I thought it was more in the area of 12. I might be being a dumbass though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Thank you for your continued service MB.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#44]
You should put Diane Fuckstein in with this pic, promoting her gun ban.

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Excellent!  The only thing I would say is that most of them are a little too long for the "bumper sticker/sound bite" crowd (i.e. pretty much everyone these days).

If you can make some of them shorter, they would post well on Facebook, etc.  ETA:  I can't do much photoshop right now, but a (de)motivational poster-generating website should work.

I'll try to think of a few phrases to add and update periodically, but here's a start.

"If only the Jews had guns..."
"If only the Syrian rebels were better armed..."  "If only the Iranian students had guns..."  "If only the Somalis/Chinese at Tianamen/Rwandans/Cambodians/etc..."
"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away" (Image:  Korean storeowners/LA riots, woman being attacked, etc)
"When the Second Amendment was written, citizens had the same weapons the Army did.""The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting."  (Image:  Mexicans protecting their town against the cartel, Americans protecting against looters, etc)
"The AR-15 is the most popular hunting rifle of the last [10?] years."  (Image:  prairie dog hunters, any hunter posing w/ an R-25 and a trophy, etc)
"The First Amendment applies to radio, television, the internet, and social media.  The Second Amendment applies to Modern Sporting Rifles."  (This one might need a little work...)
"Why do you want to confiscate my property and limit my rights, but won't allow me to defend myself?!"  (Image:  woman w/ AR)
"We had guns in school before we had shootings."  (Image:  High school rifle team from the 50s/70s/etc.  Subtitle:  The problem isn't the guns!)
"More school shootings occurred during the AWB than before or after."  (Image:  FBI UCR chart?)
"Legislation based on lies?"  (Image:  screenshot of the reporting that Lanza in fact did NOT use the AR-15 that was in the car.  Alternately, screenshot that all these shooters had psych problems)
"Gun control doesn't work in Mexico"  (Image:  cartel violence.  Subcaption:  Citizens are disarmed, but the cartels are not."
"If guns cause crime, why doesn't Switzerland have crime?"  (Image:  citizens w/ full auto rifles)
"I'm defenseless.  Please don't hurt me."
"Let me show you how this works.  Get rid of your guns..."  (Image:  thug, government abuse, etc)
"It's not about guns, it's about control."  (Image:  mass graves or any of the other images you have...or the Jews headed to the trains, or a political prisoner, etc)
"The Second Amendment is designed to prevent this."  (Image:  mass graves or any of the other images you have)

ETA:
"Ban military firearms??"   (Image:  musket, 1903 Springfield, M1 Garand, 1911, .38 revolver, Winchester model 70, Krag-Jorgensen, etc)
"I don't know what it is, but I'll put you in prison if you have one!"  (Image:  Carolyn McCarthy trying to explain the "shoulder thing that goes up")
"Would it have been better if they were killed with these?"  (Image:  pump-action shotgun, 1911, revolvers, etc)
"What would you want to protect your family?"  (Image:  a guy w/ a revolver facing three badguys...a guy w/ an AR facing three badguys)
"The Second Amendment is the last defense against tyranny."  (Image:  Ice-T...use whatever his quote was...secondary images:  Rosewood, Japanese interment, captured Indians, etc)

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Depending on the website's bias, the girl being killed is either a drug dealer, or a dissident. In any event, this is the same way the Chinese execute everybody, then perform immediate post mortems in ambulances to remove and sell the organs.

Most attributions I have seen for that photo is that the woman is a convicted murderer.  

In my experience, the people who like to quote incorrect Hitler statements about gun control are the same people that claim she is a "dissident"

Either way, it's a good image for the point you are making.  

Keep in mind that the ChiComs employ thousands of full-time cyber warriors, to attack or discredit any charge against their regime. I have read credible background reports saying everything from she was a dissident to a heroin dealer.

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#47]
With some of my mini history lessons, I'm trying to bridge the gap between an essay (few read essays today) and pure image/slogan memes and cartoons. I think that my multi-image vertical "history lessons" accomplish that, reaching a new niche. You have to reach folks where they are reachable, and today, that is on a screen connected to the internet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
With some of my mini history lessons, I'm trying to bridge the gap between an essay (few read essays today) and pure image/slogan memes and cartoons. I think that my multi-image vertical "history lessons" accomplish that, reaching a new niche. You have to reach folks where they are reachable, and today, that is on a screen connected to the internet.

I agree completely.  If people read essays and understood history (even recent history), we wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm just saying that some cleaner formatting would make them more readable and get our message across to more people more effectively.  HTH.  Keep up the good work.  I hope to see more.

BTW, I hear some of these statements have been showing up on dollar bills in my area...are they showing up around where you live?
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Good stuff, nicely done imo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top